Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My kid was upset that Lil Wayne met with Trump, but he just laughed his ass off about Lil Pump. Apparently that dude has zero cred and is a joke in the rap community. 

Did you see the video embedded in Post #38847? Based on your avatar, it should be up your alley, 

PS, RIP Ass Dan

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I never liked him, always thought he was a big dildo but respected his accomplishments. He’s still a big dildo and can go fuck himself 

The world could have lived without him or his accomplishments.   Lots of moronic athletes support trump.  Wonder what they could all have in common.   Hmmmm.  

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Trump will just take a Sharpie and change the official White House calendar to show that October now has 194 days. Thanksgiving will now be observed on October 57th, Christmas on 86th, etc.

They're counting on the extra hour not realizing it happens in November and not Oct. 

27 minutes ago, Pasken said:

How likey will trump have someone separate early and mail in voting from the "gold standard" Election Day voting and try to say he won the election because he won "Election Day"?

Election Day is going to be a clusterfuck in lots of counties because you have a whole lot of people who are going to want to cancel mail in ballots (that they might or might not have received).  That's going to extend the wait time dramatically for everyone.  And it's going to turn the frustration and emotions to 11, for all the voters and the poll workers/watchers.  

Every bit of that angst can be laid at the feet of the GOP, and I hope to hell it bites 'em solidly in the ass when their dumbass voters start to fall out of line.  

The election law is a confusing as shit, and I can't help believe that those who are stupid enough to blindly follow trump are going to have more issues with those laws than the blue side.  That's going to bite 'em too because of the added time they will have to put in to explain those laws.  

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/29/texas-mail-in-ballot-absentee/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1604098934&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Election Day is going to be a clusterfuck in lots of counties because you have a whole lot of people who are going to want to cancel mail in ballots (that they might or might not have received).  That's going to extend the wait time dramatically for everyone.  And it's going to turn the frustration and emotions to 11, for all the voters and the poll workers/watchers.  

Every bit of that angst can be laid at the feet of the GOP, and I hope to hell it bites 'em solidly in the ass when their dumbass voters start to fall out of line.  

The election law is a confusing as shit, and I can't help believe that those who are stupid enough to blindly follow trump are going to have more issues with those laws than the blue side.  That's going to bite 'em too because of the added time they will have to put in to explain those laws.  

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/29/texas-mail-in-ballot-absentee/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1604098934&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

yea I think a lot of GOP voters are going to be bringing their ballots intentionally or going with the intention to vote to see if they get flagged after receiving the ballot. Basically, they are fucking things up mostly for themselves. 

I feel sorry for y'all, I'm more conservative (it sucks that these days I have to clarify that I mean actually conservative, i.e. classical liberalism, not Republican but everyone here understands that) than my dad is.

The only thing we've argued about this election is I've been harping on him about not voting until Election Day. That's his tradition and he's not going to change. But at least I got him to commit to voting before work instead of after.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

My dad died in 2015. He was already turning full Fox News bubble Dad. He no doubt would've been a Trumper had he lived to 2016. I miss him every day but I'm glad he didn't live to see this because I truly believe I'd have to stop speaking with him. My mom still get junk mail for him from all the Tea Party shitheads. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

This is an absolutely true story at its core, I forget the exact verbiage. 

We were largely estranged when my father was living in New York in the Autumn of 1993 (he had been there for a few years working in trucking and finance).  I was taking an A.P. Economics class in my senior year of high school back home.  In addition to the straight-forward teaching-to-the-test materials, the teacher assigned us to read "The Art of the Deal" by Donald Trump and Tony Schwartz.  The teacher obviously thought Trump was an awesome business man, though I failed to see the connection to Economics. 

I hadn't talked with my father in a long time and he called out of the blue to see how my last year of high school was going.  He asked what I was reading besides textbooks.  So I mentioned some fiction novel in English and then "The Art of the Deal?"  Suddenly, he gave a shit about my education out of the blue.  He thought it was ridiculous my A.P. teacher would waste time on that drivel.  He didn't know Trump obviously, but knew many others in Manhattan that did, plus  couldn't help but follow the huckster's business career as an avid reader of myriad business publications.  I basically said that Trump seemed like an ego-maniac but it was assigned and would be on her mid-term.  He told me Trump's business was a house of cards and that he was a Confidence Man.  I was silent because I didn't know at that age, what that term meant.  He said, "You've heard of a Con-Man or Con-Artist in movies?"  I replied in the affirmative, but didn't know that was short for Confidence Man.  I just thought the term "Con" in "The Sting" or whatever was just another name for "Scam" or "Scheme."  He tells me "Trump is a Confidence Man.  His skill is not earning your trust, or your confidence.  His gift is that he convinces you to try to earn his confidence" (dad was a big Mamet fan).  I still didn't really understand high-grift.  I'd seen a few small time scams as a kid near South Chicago, but naively-didn't realize how far you could go with it (like Steve Martin in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels").  Dad died about 11 years after that, and 11 years before Trump would prove him absolutely right.  /csb

Trump's power and electability don't rest in his ability to gain your confidence in the form of a donation, support, or vote.  His true craft is he convinces you that you need to work to get his adoration and acceptance.  You're donating money you don't have to a campaign that steals it, so you can attend a dangerous rally, so you can proclaim your allegiant vote for Trump because he's convinced you that the rotten shit in your soul can be redeemed if you just help this nice guy out of a jam.  And that all will be well again.  It's pretty fucking brilliant because he plays the part of the rich guy helping out the poor guy who actually has a higher net worth than he does.  And the true piece-de-resistance is he realized the Confidence Game is actually at its most potent when he sticks y'all in the same rally or same social media page at the same time so it becomes a pissing contest of affirmation to see who gives him their confidence the most aggressively and completely.  He did in 5 years what it takes most religions or cults or institutions 500 years to garner.  /rant

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

My dad died in 2015. He was already turning full Fox News bubble Dad. He no doubt would've been a Trumper had he lived to 2016. I miss him every day but I'm glad he didn't live to see this because I truly believe I'd have to stop speaking with him. My mom still get junk mail for him from all the Tea Party shitheads. 

I’m living your nightmare 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I have always had some question about who was behind all the strategy being used concerning this election, and why.   I knew Trump and his crew weren't capable, especially with most of them being charged/incarcerated.  Miller is running the immigration shit, but that's a sideshow really.  Putin is in it only for shits and grins.

Somebody earlier said the SCOTUS is loyal to McConnell and not Trump.  I can buy that.  But I would go further to say the loyalty is to ALEC, and not McConnell.  Tie in the Federalist Society, and maybe the Brotherhood, and I think we get much closer to who the deep state really is.   And it's all about rich white people retaining power, even when they are the minority.  And all these groups operate as much at the state level as they do at the federal.     ALEC is horrible.   

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alec-challenge-trump-loss-corporations_n_5f99cf20c5b61d63241ee6dd

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/17/the-conservative-pipeline-to-the-supreme-court

Fuck.  Yes.  ALEC needs to die in a fucking fire.  It's unbelievable.  Corporations CANNOT be allowed to literally write the laws.  It's madness.

• Rage+1 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:15 PM, UncleCharlie said:

Honestly I'm at the point now that I hope Trump wins the election.  Senate flips, McConnell loses the ability to shit on America, House becomes more blue and they just torment Republicans the next 4 years.

Nothing will get done, but it will be glorious watching DJT be put in a rubber room the rest of his life.

honestly, as much as i hate traitor trump, this isn't the worst thing. i actually kind of like it if i had a gun to my head. but if republicans would do their fucking civic duty we wouldn't have an impotent senate and this wouldn't be needed. 1/3 of the government is not doing their duty to check the other 1/3. A senate, regardless of its composition, doing its job would do wonders to help all americans and end a lot of the decisiveness going on today. but republican senators are fucking pieces of shit cowards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm in the same boat. My dad passed in 2017. He was a lifelong Republican and fell into the Fox News hole. He was also a doctor and spent most of his career as a County Health Commissioner. I miss him but I'm glad he was spared from having to deal with defending Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:38 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A Trump 2nd term would be the end.  Doesn’t matter who is in Congress.  He would rule as a dictator without any check and we could forget about anything resembling fair elections again.  It would be darker than that too. His cabinet would be his family members. The FBI would go after his political enemies. The federal government would become an overt criminal organization. 

no, trust the founders. the system will act as it should in that case. (sorry if this has been addressed, i'm 5 pages behind..)

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

no, trust the founders. the system will act as it should in that case. (sorry if this has been addressed, i'm 5 pages behind..)

The system that failed to hold Trump in check -- that has actually allowed him to openly attack the election process in broad daylight, mind you -- for the last four years will magically start working if he wins again?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, achooloco said:

trust the founders.

Is this a troll? 

Which founder? Thomas Jefferson would argue against trusting dead men.  

“Thomas Jefferson famously made this argument in a 1789 letter to James Madison: “I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident,” Jefferson wrote from revolutionary Paris, “‘that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;’ that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it . . . . y the law of nature, one generation is to another as one independent nation to another.” This letter from Jefferson is well known: it is often quoted for the proposition that we should not be bound by the “dead hand of the past,” that a constitution that is not a “living, breathing document” is not a legitimate constitution worthy of our obedience today.“

https://www.realclearbooks.com/articles/2018/07/06/originalism_a_debt_against_the_living.html

But then again, Jefferson was kind of a revolutionary maniac. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

This is bullshittery.

As we’ve discovered during the last four years, our vaunted and much lauded “system” is largely an honor system for those in power.

This administration has given the middle finger to almost all of the checks of power our founders or those that followed them out into our “system”.

The Trump administration has been issued subpoenas by both congress and various law enforcement entities. And those have been ignored.

Lawsuits have been properly filed by both local/state governments and private citizens on a civil level. This administration responded to those in pure Trump fashion - delay, frivolous counter suits and ridiculous defense maneuvers.

This administration has a corrupt Attorney General who has allowed the DoJ to be used as a personal defense attorney for the president.

Long held standards of national security have been trampled by this administration and his lapdogs in congress.

I could go on.

When one branch of government - especially the one with authority over our mechanisms of law enforcement - refuses to play by the rules and laws of our “system” there is no remedy.

Democrats and all sane non-cult Americans are in this position because we keep playing by the rules of a game that the Republicans give the middle finger to.

I am no longer willing to accept that. I will not “trust the system”. The system is fucking broken.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, ndawg said:

The system that failed to hold Trump in check -- that has actually allowed him to openly attack the election process in broad daylight, mind you -- for the last four years will magically start working if he wins again?

did they anticipate citizens (psst, republicans) abdicating their duty to country and choosing party? hell they barely theorized parties, they assumed that real americans would choose country over special interests. Past 4 years we had republican traitors not doing their duty. I'll admit that my faith in the system hinges on democrats having a senate majority. 

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Is this a troll? 

Which founder? Thomas Jefferson would argue against trusting dead men.  

“Thomas Jefferson famously made this argument in a 1789 letter to James Madison: “I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident,” Jefferson wrote from revolutionary Paris, “‘that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;’ that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it . . . . y the law of nature, one generation is to another as one independent nation to another.” This letter from Jefferson is well known: it is often quoted for the proposition that we should not be bound by the “dead hand of the past,” that a constitution that is not a “living, breathing document” is not a legitimate constitution worthy of our obedience today.“

https://www.realclearbooks.com/articles/2018/07/06/originalism_a_debt_against_the_living.html

But then again, Jefferson was kind of a revolutionary maniac. 

what the shit does that have fuck all to do with anything? I said i trust them in that they put in a system, sorry i wasn't fucking pedantic and lawyerly in explicitly stating the system they set up and not the dead fucking slave owners themselves. jesus h christ, stop being so goddamn Louisiana educated.  but by the way, i agree with that quote and often use it. 

see above though, the system will IMO work with a senate and house governed by dems even if trump steals the election. veto his shit, overrule it all, pass legislation that is veto proof and make him feel like the gimp in the corner that he is. Because if we don't have faith that a congress can check the president, then what the fuck are we doing wasting time voting? just pick up a gun and do what it does, stop the fake fucking coward bullshit and do what needs to be done. I myself prefer voting and the system though, but hey, you do you.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

He put “No More Bullshit” on kid’s Halloween candy???

These people are fucked in the head.

He had two bowls. One with mini tootsie rolls and a biden/Harris sign on top then those trump full size bars. He is a winner. Kids can vote.