Fuk Aaron Rodgers.......

Txslnghrns

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Making fun of people for believing batshit  conspiracies and recklessly pushing lies on the rest of us is considered political now.

Well, you could be talking about either guy so maybe not so political.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't give a rat's ass about Kimmel. But he's been on TV for, what, a billion years? How many times has he been successfully sued for defamation? He's a milquetoast late night talk show jockey.

If he follows through with suing, how much do you want to bet Rogers tucks his tail and quietly settles?

Sorry I don't waive away blatant pedophile defamation and conspiracy-peddling bullshit as easily as you because calling out someone for being a pseudo intellectual "do your own research" moron is "politics" to you.

Got it, so an aggy and a Branch Covidian, is there any cult you won't join?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Got it, so an aggy and a Branch Covidian, is there any cult you won't join?

Funny. Had to look that up because I don't speak Facebook fluently. Should we check texags and see whose perspective on this suspiciously resembles your own?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Wasn't Rogan on the second iteration of The Man Show?

Joe Rogan? I guess I would need to follow this stuff more closely to know why he matters here. I thought this was a Rodgers/Kimmel thing?

In any event, since you brought him up, I don’t know if Rogan was on The Man Show or not. Never watched it. I do know that he was funny on News Radio and not funny with his stand up. I know he triggers people on the left because he doesn’t toe lines on his podcast or whatever. I also know that people taking their cues from him or finding validation in their thoughts from him are as sure a sign of the apocalypse as all of the idiots taking their cues from Kimmel or the other mediocre comics who are suddenly today’s Cronkites on late night tv. 

I generally and genuinely despise all of it.  

• Hook 'Em 8

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Why would this story belong on a politics board? It's about a famous football player who is in the news for accusing a well-known comedian of being a pedophile. I don't see anything political about it. Unless you can point me to a post where someone discussed negotiations on the federal budget. Or did I miss a discussion about local zoning ordinances? I mean those would be political discussions.

If you think that's what they talk about in the CR, you're in for some massive disappointment.

Edited by TotallyLegit

15 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think he just thinks he suffers from "I'm the smartest guy here and if I say something dumb, it's because they're all too dumb to realize my genius."

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

What would it matter, it is obvious you are too stupid to accept it anyway.

Now that's good stuff.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know he triggers people on the left because he doesn’t toe lines on his podcast or whatever.

just because it actually is on topic - if you had jury trials where only one side presented evidence and there was no cross examination, you could convince moderately intelligent people to believe some pretty insane shit. That is what the Joe Rogan show specializes in and is why guys like Aaron Rodgers are guys like Aaron Rodgers. There's a specific very common brand of dumbass who listens religiously to that show and eagerly becomes convinced that there is an actual lost city of Atlantis under the sea and not only is this true but you are stupider than them for continuing to believe in elitist mainstream facts and data. his show is presumably entertaining since it is highly popular, and so he converts a lot of these fairly dumb to moderately average people into rabid dipshits like pimphand.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

just because it actually is on topic - if you had jury trials where only one side presented evidence and there was no cross examination, you could convince moderately intelligent people to believe some pretty insane shit. That is what the Joe Rogan show specializes in and is why guys like Aaron Rodgers are guys like Aaron Rodgers. There's a specific very common brand of dumbass who listens religiously to that show and eagerly becomes convinced that there is an actual lost city of Atlantis under the sea and not only is this true but you are stupider than them for continuing to believe in elitist mainstream facts and data. his show is presumably entertaining since it is highly popular, and so he converts a lot of these fairly dumb to moderately average people into rabid dipshits like pimphand.

The Rabid Dipshits would be a great band name.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Joe Rogan? I guess I would need to follow this stuff more closely to know why he matters here. I thought this was a Rodgers/Kimmel thing?

In any event, since you brought him up, I don’t know if Rogan was on The Man Show or not. Never watched it. I do know that he was funny on News Radio and not funny with his stand up. I know he triggers people on the left because he doesn’t toe lines on his podcast or whatever. I also know that people taking their cues from him or finding validation in their thoughts from him are as sure a sign of the apocalypse as all of the idiots taking their cues from Kimmel or the other mediocre comics who are suddenly today’s Cronkites on late night tv. 

I generally and genuinely despise all of it.  

Genuinely curious because I don't watch late night talk shows, but is there a large contingent of people taking serious/political cues from Jimmy Kimmel? Isn't he just a late night tv host like Fallon and the like? I assume he just makes fun of the easiest targets, which, yeah, I guess could lead to a political bent in recent years.

As for Rodgers, the guy is a clown and has been since his Cal days.  Seeing this H Town dork spin out of control over Rodgers is hilarious. 

As for Rogan, I don't recall listening to a second of his content, so he could be a genius for all I know. I do know that of the people in my life who claim to be a fan (which, admittedly, is like 4 people from my rural Texas upbringing), they are complete fucking morons. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I don't practice law, but finished law school.  And I have to say, I don't know how "I was confronting 'Regime Narratives', your honor." is gonna hold up in a slander/defamation suit with an army of Disney attorneys at the other table...but I'd bet a year long premium pass to EPCOT that Aaron Rodgers is dumb enough to try it out as a defense.  

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What the fuck is a regime narrative?

Well, you see, it's a widely-held societal norm that it isn't okay to publicly imply that someone is a pedophile just because they hurt your feelings a while back. And Sealtm6 seems to be against those norms.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just be impressed he spelled the two words right, and ignore the unnecessary capitalization and quotemarks.  That's a pretty good overall result from a braindead chud baby with a hero worship username.  

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Well, you see, it's a widely-held societal norm that it isn't okay to publicly imply that someone is a pedophile just because they hurt your feelings a while back. And Sealtm6 seems to be against those norms.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Based on the prior conversation, I think it's "Covid was fake, vaccines kill, all world leaders and physicians were lying, and only the really smart ones who watch Youtube a lot know the truth."

If not that specifically, something just as dumb and involving tin foil hats. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Underdog said:

Indifferent about Kimmel but always enjoyed watching Rodgers play, didn't Kimmel keep his paying his staff during the Covid? 

You mean to tell me those PPP loans grants weren't intended for real estate and Porsches?

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Based on the prior conversation, I think it's "Covid was fake, vaccines kill, all world leaders and physicians were lying, and only the really smart ones who watch Youtube a lot know the truth."

If not that specifically, something just as dumb and involving tin foil hats. 

Whatever helps you cope 🤡

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Eh, Kimmel's thrown his share of shit. Both are losers if you ask me.

I'm not sure they're both losers, given the amounts of cash they're sitting on. But they're both definitely assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Best part of this is that Rodgers said it on McAfee's show (ABC/ESPN) forcing weirdo McAfee to have to issue an apology with a network gun to his head.

If Rodgers says it on Rogan's show, does Kimmel react the same? Rodgers gift-wrapped the legal-threat opportunity for Kimmel by saying it under the company umbrella.

2 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

Best part of this is that Rodgers said it on McAfee's show (ABC/ESPN) forcing weirdo McAfee to have to issue an apology with a network gun to his head.

If Rodgers says it on Rogan's show, does Kimmel react the same? Rodgers gift-wrapped the legal-threat opportunity for Kimmel by saying it under the company umbrella.

I think he does either way tbh. 

But that McAfee apology/walk back while wearing an actual shirt was worth it. McAfee/Rodgers are far more insufferable than Kimmel.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think he does either way tbh. 

But that McAfee apology/walk back while wearing an actual shirt was worth it. McAfee/Rodgers are far more insufferable than Kimmel.

He very well might. Kimmel referenced the threat to his family, invoking i.e. stochastic terrorism.

15 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

Rodgers is a complete fucking moron who will say whatever, whereever.  And I love all the 'Kimmel makes fun of people all the time' comments  'What's the problem?'  LOL, definitely the same thing.  

5 minutes ago, NWAustinDude said:

He very well might. Kimmel referenced the threat to his family, invoking i.e. stochastic terrorism.

Fuck.  You just invoked Webster's.  

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The biggest shithead in all this is McAfee. This shows that he has no business even on a pissy network like ESPN. He needs to go back to YouTube or wherever he was.

I only wish I could rep this times a million.

This reminds me of when my CompSci Operating Systems professor said, "any sufficiently complex program de facto becomes an operating system."

Any sufficiently retarded surly discussion de facto becomes a CR discussion.

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2