Fuk Aaron Rodgers.......

Txslnghrns

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What’s a dirty secret here? His contracts have always been public like every other player. It’s always been known he takes less to help pay for more talent around him.

Well, the talking heads spend so much time sucking his talent dick, they often don’t take a moment to acknowledge that his willingness to play for less means his teams have talent to surround him with.

Compare that to the Saints, who had to unload the bank year after year for Brees, then hope a draft class hits big (which it did in 2017).

On 3/18/2022 at 6:46 AM, Texzilla58 said:

What’s a dirty secret here? His contracts have always been public like every other player. It’s always been known he takes less to help pay for more talent around him.

Looks like Brady took most of his money in signing bonuses, while Peyton made his in salary. So is that how to keep it team friendly and still get paid?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/tom-brady-4619/cash-earnings/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning-5028/cash-earnings/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Aaron Rodgers injury: Packers lose first-round pick from trade as Jets QB will miss season with torn Achilles

By Bryan DeArdo       2 mins ago

The Jets have lost Aaron Rodgers for the season, and the quarterback's former team will feel the impact as well. 

Green Bay Packers will also take a big hit after Rodgers suffered a serious injury during the Jets' season-opening win over the Bills. Rodgers will miss the rest of the season with a torn Achilles, meaning the Jets will now send the Packers a 2024 second-round pick instead of a first-round pick, since Rodgers will fail to play in 65% of the Jets' offensive snaps this season, as part of the stipulation in April's trade. New York would have sent the Packers a 2024 first-rounder if Rodgers played in more than 65% of the snaps

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-injury-packers-lose-first-round-pick-from-trade-as-jets-qb-will-miss-season-with-torn-achilles/

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

meaning the Jets will now send the Packers a 2024 second-round pick instead of a first-round pick, since Rodgers will fail to play in 65% of the Jets' offensive snaps this season

Lulz, they could have set the bar at .0065% of the Jets offensive snaps this season and they still wouldn't have to part with a 1st round pick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That type of injury can take more than a year before a player can return, and can be career enders themselves. He’s already old, so I think that’s it for him. I don’t have any particular love or hate for Rodgers, but that’s a shitty way to end a career, especially after all the preseason hype.

Edited by 'stache

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Look it’s all good. We know what will happen next…it’s gotta be that way. I looked at available options (that were listed everywhere last night) and I feel like this could work even with that OLine the Jets have. Yes, Boston would implode. I don’t care bc I live in Texas. 

IMG_7197.jpeg

He was honored during the Pats game. Dude looks like he weighs 145 lbs now.

Getting lighter and more hair, the typical male aging process.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It would be so fucking funny though if he was like Ok I will be a Jet. I mean why can’t retired QBs that still have gas left in the tank be like hired mercenaries? Just taking their talents to a team like the Jets? It won’t happen but it would make Boston go batshit. 

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Nicole44
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Look it’s all good. We know what will happen next…it’s gotta be that way. I looked at available options (that were listed everywhere last night) and I feel like this could work even with that OLine the Jets have. Yes, Boston would implode. I don’t care bc I live in Texas. 

IMG_7197.jpeg

I know Brady kinda sucks now, but I would really enjoy this storyline and hope he could get them into the playoffs for fun. He doesn't need anything else to cement his legacy as the GOAT though.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Anyone have the picture of Brady's face through the years? I remember a tweet from a plastic surgeon that pointed out exactly all the work he had in the last 2 decades.

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but from a rehab standpoint, I'd rather tear up my knee than tear my Achilles.

At one time wasn't an Achilles tear a career ender? My wife blew hers out years ago and the surgery and rehab were a beast. It really effected her jump cuts and catching swing passes out of the back field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, Classic Rock said:

At one time wasn't an Achilles tear a career ender? My wife blew hers out years ago and the surgery and rehab were a beast. It really effected her jump cuts and catching swing passes out of the back field.

Most definitely. The surgery and rehab is a lot just for a person trying to be able to walk normally and carry things again. Can't imagine the level of work and trust an athlete would have to have.