Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No one should be blamed for getting someone else sick. But there are examples where you're tempted to get pissed at someone for reckless behavior.

Fuck that, I’m gonna blame him if I get Covid this late in the game.

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This says 52% for first dose: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

Thanks. Sounds like it’s a resounding maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

At this point, we should just not admit people to the hospital who havent gotten the vaccine, in Texas

You get sick and didnt get the vaccine? Sorry

Now do fat people.  People who ride motorcycles.  And everyone that ever fucked SA's mom.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s a resounding maybe. 

I don’t know the degree of your exposure, but if you think there’s a reasonable chance you could’ve gotten it, I’d go get a rapid test today if you can. Obviously you want to know in general, but especially with your second dose tomorrow.

I don't think you can get other dads on your kid's baseball deathly ill just by being fat or riding a motorcycle.  

Or maybe we just accidentally wrote the plot to "Bad News Bears coVId" 

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t know the degree of your exposure, but if you think there’s a reasonable chance you could’ve gotten it, I’d go get a rapid test today if you can. Obviously you want to know in general, but especially with your second dose tomorrow.

I wasn’t exposed, my son was at his baseball game. It’s outside, but there’s not a lot of social distancing between 5 year olds in the dugout. That was Saturday, so I probably wouldn’t even know for another week. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Who was that idiot who wanted to kill his wife for leaving the house during the pandemic?  And then claimed to move to New Zealand?

@Wanker Bob

i don’t know if he moved to New Zealand but he was really salty that his wife went out with girlfriends for drinks. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

so guess it jumps from sheep now. 

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Scientists at Texas A&M University have identified a new variant of the coronavirus.
The variant was discovered by researchers at the school’s Global Health Research Complex. It’s called the BV-1 variant because of its origins in the Brazos Valley, scientists said.
The case was identified in a saliva sample taken from an off-campus A&M student on March 5, and the student tested positive again on March 25. Scientists said this may indicate the BV-1 variant causes a longer infection in adults age 18-24 than is typical for COVID-19. The student only suffered mild, cold-like symptoms and those symptoms were resolved by April 2.

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2021/04/19/texas-am-scientists-identify-new-variant-of-coronavirus-called-bv-1/

There are already a thousand reasons to avoid College Station.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

I mentioned a while back that a dad on my son’s baseball team constantly bragged about entering places without a mask and ridiculed anyone that wore one. You’ll be completely shocked to find out that he’s extremely sick with covid and may be hospitalized. He infected his family and possibly my son’s team. I get my 2nd dose tomorrow, does anyone know how much protection one dose provides? 

This is anecdotal, but every person I knew like this caught it, and none of them had more than 1 day of feeling shitty.  Some never even felt it but got tested because spouse had it and tested positive.   Then the few guys I know that we’re serious about it and still got it, got wrecked.  One older (but in great shape) thought he was gone and eventually had to be admitted and make the calls to the kids and whatnot.   Im glad that some only caught it minor but it always seemed to work out to the guys that didn’t need any more voice to proclaim to everyone it wasn’t shit.  Irritating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No one should be blamed for getting someone else sick. But there are examples where you're tempted to get pissed at someone for reckless behavior.

There is a point (coming soon) at which any adult who gets infected most certainly should be blamed for any possible infections resulting from their refusal to be vaccinated.  Now that the shot is readily available, there’s no excuse not to be vaccinated (with EXTREMELY rare exceptions).  And if you decide not to get the shot, then it’s your responsibility to ensure you take proper precautions as to not contract or spread covid.

• Hook 'Em 2

OF course aggy is gonna fuck this up for all of humanity. 

Scientists at Texas A&M University have identified a variant of the novel coronavirus that is potentially resistant to antibodies, the university announced in a statement.
The strain, BV-1, was found in one individual who had reported mild symptoms of COVID-19.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/research-finds-new-coronavirus-variant-potentially-resistant-to-antibodies-665836

19 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

There is a point (coming soon) at which any adult who gets infected most certainly should be blamed for any possible infections resulting from their refusal to be vaccinated. 

I disagree kind of.  They should be blamed for getting themselves infected, but not for infecting any other adult.  If they get any other adult infected, its that adult's fault that they themselves weren't vaccinated.  

As for kids getting infected, hard to point a finger at anyone.  They could get it from anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Scientists at Texas A&M University have identified a variant of the novel coronavirus that is potentially resistant to antibodies, the university announced in a statement.
The strain, BV-1, was found in one individual who had reported mild symptoms of COVID-19.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/research-finds-new-coronavirus-variant-potentially-resistant-to-antibodies-665836

They'll play around with it a bit until they make the virus maroon-colored. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

i'm potentially going to win the lotto today.  WTF is this shit?  They have 1 fucking case and feel comfortable spewing this crap?  

out of the 6K positive cases from the 84m vaxed in the US, is there a breakdown on variants?  Until there is data that a variant is rampaging through the vaxed population, we should tone down the doom and gloom about them being the next destroyer of worlds.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I disagree kind of.  They should be blamed for getting themselves infected, but not for infecting any other adult.  If they get any other adult infected, its that adult's fault that they themselves weren't vaccinated.  

As for kids getting infected, hard to point a finger at anyone.  They could get it from anywhere.

There can be more than one culpable party.  If one anti-vax fuckhead gets it from a kid, then gives it to another anti-vax fuckhead, fuckhead #1 is to blame both for his own infection AND the infection of fuckhead #2.  Fuckhead #2 shares blame for his own infection.

32 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Osterholm has no idea if MNs current “surge” is plateauing.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/is-minnesotas-latest-surge-plateauing-expert-says-no-idea?fbclid=IwAR2Uw5-03E9oSDQesX4W0QIY9SYrXbz5h5bSjpdiDuFM62GhSLCT-QFOVxg

Here’s an update on the hill he’s dying on

yeah, dude looks pretty foolish, but it seems every expert has hailed variants as very bad news with not much data to back it up.  there very well could be a variant out there that is truly resistant to the vaxes, but i don't think we have seen that yet.   Minn did sorta buck the national trend though and increased cases from that point.  But certainly not to the hyperbole of the attributed quote.

image.png.66e119ec4ba8d73bbc91723e02a917c1.png

I don't know if scientist are truly worried about these variants and are trying to inject more urgency (fear) into the populous to get vaxed.  I get not leaning too hard the other way and saying no worries at all about the variants, but after the discovery of a variant and the initial claims that this one is/may/potentially resistant to current antibodies, i have not seen too much follow up that any variant is truly a c-c-c-c-combo breaker!  for the vaxed and recovered.  hope it stays that way and there is really not a need for a variant booster.  

A big reason that we aren't seeing a huge spike IMHO is that the vaccines here (Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J) are pretty effective against the known variants. That doesn't mean a variant might show up that will break through these, but everyone is working on a booster to keep those at bay.

image.thumb.png.d0aaad40e878f5be04be586396f6b82a.png

• Hook 'Em 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away