CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I feel some empathy for this guy, because he lost a family member. Still, this logic is infuriating: “My uncle didn’t take the medicine that could keep him alive. The doctors and nurses didn’t give him medicine that isn’t approved to treat the disease he got. He wanted it though, because of internet. I’m mad at the doctors and nurses.”

image.jpeg

I didn’t realize one of the best parts of being a doctor, after going to school and going residency and shit for over half a decade, is giving out whatever medicine or treatment Jim Bob the pipe welder tells you to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The vets are siding with the paste eaters. This conspiracy goes deeper than I thought.

Your dog has a cough.  Sure I can prescribe ivermectin.  Total will be $375.

A hell of a lot of veterinarians in Texas are aggy.  That's about as deep as the conspiracy needs to go.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I feel some empathy for this guy, because he lost a family member. Still, this logic is infuriating: “My uncle didn’t take the medicine that could keep him alive. The doctors and nurses didn’t give him medicine that isn’t approved to treat the disease he got. He wanted it though, because of internet. I’m mad at the doctors and nurses.”

image.jpeg

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rural America isn’t dying. It is just not populated by the best and brightest.

And the social pressure of conforming after being largely rejected is why people believe stupid shit. It is less about the content than their identity within a group.

As i type this on a Longhorn fan message board....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm too lazy to go back and read everything since Trump's wingnut rally on Saturday but I think his sort of "get the vaccine" comment was completely planned to fail like it did.  

1.  He had a the right kind of audience to boo it (low vax rate, completely pro-Trump/Big Lie believing crowd.)

2.  Doing it with so little emphasis and so much "golly gee whiz, maybe you should, I understand why you wouldn't, it's totally up to you, such a personal decision" part of the speech allows him to say later "see, I did speak up."

3.  Hemming and hawing like he did still let's him appeal to other mouth breathing knuckle draggers.

And after all of that, he still gets to say to the Maria Baritomo's and Sean Hannity's of the world that he had spoken up and told people to get it all the while falling back on "maybe the vaccines aren't for everybody and it's your choice."

His deliver sounds like everything else he says; lies and completely disingenuous but his dumb ass supporters lap that up because "he sounds like them" and he doesn't believe in modern medicine, science or the sun rising in the east every day either.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

24 minutes ago, Nivek said:

And the social pressure of conforming after being largely rejected is why people believe stupid shit. It is less about the content than their identity within a group.

I should have added that an extreme punishment used in prisons is social isolation.  Being socially isolated in a small town is likely more debilitating as there is a smaller pool of people to interact with.   In a city, I can find homeless people that bark at the moon or find a knitting club.   

When the idiots joined facebook, flat earth society, or the proud boys, they joined because they were idiots, and found other idiots to say 'that is a great point' and welcome them and their violent idiocy.   They linked up with anti-vaxxers and other idiotic people to expand their network.   They homogenized their beliefs, in order to keep that network which has become important to them, both in real life and online.    

Like most of you, I could fuck right off and be fine if our Surly overlords could banned me.   I wouldn't turn into that insane person on the old Shaggy site, posting replies upon replies to himself in an empty room (yeah, I get the irony of stating that after quoting myself).   I have other outlets.   These people however do not.   They are willing to pull guns on unarmed people and engage in a physical confrontation because they need the feedback from their friends.   It is why they attack in groups.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 years ago they knew they were not the smartest, best educated people. 50 years of talk radio and Fox - and Facebook - have turned the non-critical thinkers into a block of people who know if you recite some talking points you see on Fox and Facebook, THEY are the keepers of knowledge. THEY are the smart ones now!

It also is a tremendous self esteem boost to be smarter than the so-called educated elite, college egg heads and scientists and such. Suck it libtard doctors, Imma eat my cow paste mask and vaccine free, like Jesus did!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Gee, who would ever guess that this guy would be a prime candidate for fucking around and finding out?

55b287b2eef5e.image.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I loved him as the old, immobile program in the original "TRON" 

24 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm too lazy to go back and read everything since Trump's wingnut rally on Saturday but I think his sort of "get the vaccine" comment was completely planned to fail like it did.  

1.  He had a the right kind of audience to boo it (low vax rate, completely pro-Trump/Big Lie believing crowd.)

2.  Doing it with so little emphasis and so much "golly gee whiz, maybe you should, I understand why you wouldn't, it's totally up to you, such a personal decision" part of the speech allows him to say later "see, I did speak up."

3.  Hemming and hawing like he did still let's him appeal to other mouth breathing knuckle draggers.

And after all of that, he still gets to say to the Maria Baritomo's and Sean Hannity's of the world that he had spoken up and told people to get it all the while falling back on "maybe the vaccines aren't for everybody and it's your choice."

His deliver sounds like everything else he says; lies and completely disingenuous but his dumb ass supporters lap that up because "he sounds like them" and he doesn't believe in modern medicine, science or the sun rising in the east every day either.  

He's crazy like a fox.

26 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Just replace vaccine with the N-word. Trump:  "you shouldn't say the n-word, but you have your freedoms, so it's up to you". Sean Hannity: The President told people not to say it, Gawwwwwd. What's the big deal? 

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

He's crazy like a fox.

Not him, his people.   It's an easy sell to someone as narcissistic as him.   Tell him, "You need to say something about getting the vaccine.   You don't have to over sell it or praise it all that much.  You only need to say something because then we can run with that.  And it will help raise more money." 

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Oh my:

E9cTJwWWUAEU1MX?format=jpg&name=large

It makes total sense.  The logic is there:

1.  You have a cough and horses have coughs

2.  Horses are bigger than you and get stronger medicine

3.  Covid is stronger than a regular cough, you take the horse cough medicine and get well!

4.  ??????

5.  Profit

• Hook 'Em 1

because of the texags post on the last page, i wandered over there.  there's a thread by a guy who tested positive on 8/7/21. 

Rex Racer

AG

Just tested positive for the 'Rona. They count today as day 2 since my symptoms started last night.

So far VERY mild and infrequent cough, and temp as high as 99.3. I still have taste and smell so far.

not surprisingly, he is not vaccinated.

agsalaska said:
Were you vaccinated?
No.

started taking ivermectin on 8/12/21.

Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness.

went to the hospital on 8/16/21 and is now on remdesivir.

My blood oxygen was 71 this morning, so I came to Caprock Hospital. They got me right in, and got my oxygen numbers back up to 93. Just finished Remdesivir IV treatment, as well. They expect me to be here for 2 days or so.

posted an update on 8/18/21.

On day three of Remdesivir treatment of a 5 day course. So far, so good.

hasn't posted since that day.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3215580/1

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Cannot wait to see the excuses to not get vaxxed now that Pfizer has full approval.

Idiots going to continue to be idiots. Wish they'd hurry up to the finding out phase.

Also, interesting article about pregnancy and COVID om Bloomberg.

Their new reason will be "This was rushed" or "The FDA only approved it because Biden told them to" or "It's still poison.   I've done the research."

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:
because of the texags post on the last page, i wandered over there.  there's a thread by a guy who tested positive on 8/7/21. 
Rex Racer 5:33p, 8/7/21   AG     Just tested positive for the 'Rona. They count today as day 2 since my symptoms started last night.

So far VERY mild and infrequent cough, and temp as high as 99.3. I still have taste and smell so far. not surprisingly, he is not vaccinated.
Rex Racer In reply to agsalaska • 6:16p, 8/7/21   AG    
agsalaska said: Were you vaccinated?
No. started taking ivermectin on 8/12/21.
Rex Racer 4:27p, 8/12/21   AG     Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness. went to the hospital on 8/16/21 and is now on remdesivir.
Rex Racer 4:57p, 8/16/21   AG     My blood oxygen was 71 this morning, so I came to Caprock Hospital. They got me right in, and got my oxygen numbers back up to 93. Just finished Remdesivir IV treatment, as well. They expect me to be here for 2 days or so. posted an update on 8/18/21.
Rex Racer 10:48a, 8/18/21   AG     On day three of Remdesivir treatment of a 5 day course. So far, so good. hasn't posted since that day.

And when he gets better and goes home he will think the ivermectin worked! Profit!

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Cannot wait to see the excuses to not get vaxxed now that Pfizer has full approval.

Idiots going to continue to be idiots. Wish they'd hurry up to the finding out phase.

Also, interesting article about pregnancy and COVID om Bloomberg.

yep.  Moving of the goal posts to commence in 3..2….

That stated, the amount of employers with vaccine mandates should go up fast I hope.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Their new reason will be "This was rushed" or "The FDA only approved it because Biden told them to" or "It's still poison.   I've done the research."

You’re 100% correct but at least employers/schools/etc now have much more latitude to institute vaccine mandates for employment/enrollment. They will get shots under duress but at least they’re getting shots (presumably).

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No. started taking ivermectin on 8/12/21.
Rex Racer 4:27p, 8/12/21   AG     Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness. went to the hospital on 8/16/21 and is now on remdesivir.
Rex Racer 4:57p, 8/16/21   AG     My blood oxygen was 71 this morning, so I came to Caprock Hospital. They got me right in, and got my oxygen numbers back up to 93. Just finished Remdesivir IV treatment, as well. They expect me to be here for 2 days or so. posted an update on 8/18/21.
Rex Racer 10:48a, 8/18/21   AG     On day three of Remdesivir treatment of a 5 day course. So far, so good. hasn't posted since that day.

And when he gets better and goes home he will think the ivermectin worked! Profit!

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rex Racer

AG

Just tested positive for the 'Rona. They count today as day 2 since my symptoms started last night.

So far VERY mild and infrequent cough, and temp as high as 99.3. I still have taste and smell so far.

not surprisingly, he is not vaccinated.

agsalaska said:
Were you vaccinated?
No.

started taking ivermectin on 8/12/21.

Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness.

went to the hospital on 8/16/21 and is now on remdesivir.

My blood oxygen was 71 this morning, so I came to Caprock Hospital. They got me right in, and got my oxygen numbers back up to 93. Just finished Remdesivir IV treatment, as well. They expect me to be here for 2 days or so.

posted an update on 8/18/21.

On day three of Remdesivir treatment of a 5 day course. So far, so good.

hasn't posted since that day.

rick-and-morty-morty.gif

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Interesting to see how the goal posts will get moved after the 'It's not FDA approved' argument can no longer be used. I think it will be simply attacking the FDA as not being trustworthy, what do you think?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, lmao said:

Interesting to see how the goal posts will get moved after the 'It's not FDA approved' argument can no longer be used. I think it will be simply attacking the FDA as not being trustworthy, what do you think?

I said upstream already but:

1. The approval was rushed.

2. They only did it because Biden said to.

3. It's poison.  I've done the research.

We can also add:

1.  This is Satan's doin'.

2.  I don't need a shot.  I have God's antibodies/natural immunity.

3.  I've already taken Ivermectin.  Why do I need it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I said upstream already but:

1. The approval was rushed.

2. They only did it because Biden said to.

3. It's poison.  I've done the research.

We can also add:

1.  This is Satan's doin'.

2.  I don't need a shot.  I have God's antibodies/natural immunity.

3.  I've already taken Ivermectin.  Why do I need it?

That about covers it.

These are people who would deny that the law of gravity exists as they are simultaneously plummeting towards the earth.  Not only do facts and evidence not convince them - they cause them to double-down on their idiocy.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1