CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I've had at least 10 calls this morning from people asking me if I stock the ivermectin horse gel. We are so fucked. We're going to get what we deserve. So many people in China and Russia are laughing at the reality show that is the United States right now.

There's a reason why so many of us are leaving health care. We just can't take it anymore. 

• Rage+1 6

1 minute ago, brakeman said:

image.png.441e50e434a0df59d6096a20012e0d31.png

i've long wondered (kinda) where these fines actually go.  i suggested many years back that if you get fined for hitting someone illegally, then the fine should go to the player that got hit, because fuck it, why not.  these covid/stupidity fines should go to shelters, clinics, vaccine research, whatever. 

it would burn beasley up to know his money was going into the pocket of "big science".

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

I've had at least 10 calls this morning from people asking me if I stock the ivermectin horse gel. We are so fucked. We're going to get what we deserve. So many people in China and Russia are laughing at the reality show that is the United States right now.

There's a reason why so many of us are leaving health care. We just can't take it anymore. 

Russian and Chinese are the ones propagated these bullshit stories. These mental midgets are taking directions from Russia and China to own the libs.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Fuck it.  Sell them all the ivermectin and heartworm pills you can.  Take the directions off the back of the pack and just say it's like adding garlic in a recipe. Listen to your heart.   

And not for libruls.  

giphy.gif

I just saw this post on a friend's FB page.  He's a doctor, and put up a bunch of infographics about the relative #'s on hospitalization, ICU, vent, and death in various locations around the country.  The numbers were pretty consistent, roughly 85%-95% of all patients in each category are (were) unvaccinated.

Some chick he knows replied:

I keep trying to get more of my staff vaccinated. Unfortunately, they listened to the fear mongering by the democrats while Trump was president to not get the vaccine :(

I still think more education is needed to reverse what they listened to on the news. I’m still in agreement that the vaccine is safe and effective. I might get Covid but I’m pretty confident I will survive especially with the vaccine on board. Such mixed feelings in health care. If we lose all these staff that refuse to get it, God help us then.

I mean, what the fucking fuck?  Is this the new angle? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just saw this post on a friend's FB page.  He's a doctor, and put up a bunch of infographics about the relative #'s on hospitalization, ICU, vent, and death in various locations around the country.  The numbers were pretty consistent, roughly 85%-95% of all patients in each category are (were) unvaccinated.

Fucking dying laughing. These people need to die. 

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've long wondered (kinda) where these fines actually go.  i suggested many years back that if you get fined for hitting someone illegally, then the fine should go to the player that got hit, because fuck it, why not.  these covid/stupidity fines should go to shelters, clinics, vaccine research, whatever. 

it would burn beasley up to know his money was going into the pocket of "big science".

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/accountability-fines-appeals/#:~:text=The fines collected do not,used to assist former players.

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead are donated through the NFL Foundation to assist Legends in need. (Programs are mutually agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA in the CBA.)

Since 2011, about $4 million a year has been used to assist former players.

Houston hospital, with their chief of critical care, arguing that Ivermectin should be given to patients, under the direction of a physician.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Houston-doctor-treats-COVID-patients-with-16413955.php

Dr. Joseph Varon, chief of critical care at United Memorial Medical Center, told the Houston Chronicle that he has used ivermectin since the start of the pandemic in all COVID patients. He said the dosage is based on the people’s weight, and he uses it with a combination of steroids and vitamin C.

Varon said he is using the drug in small doses “because it makes a difference” in COVID patients. He said no one has overdosed or died in the hospital after ingesting it.

“We did it intermittently in April, May and June of last year,” Varon said. “But as of July, every patient that comes in goes on ivermectin.”

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Houston hospital, with their chief of critical care, arguing that Ivermectin should be given to patients, under the direction of a physician.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Houston-doctor-treats-COVID-patients-with-16413955.php

They're using the version that is approved for humans. What people are really get sick on is the paste shit you buy from Tractor Supply that is formulated and dosed for 1000+ pound animals. Used under physician care, the human Ivermectin is probably mostly harmless. It just might be effectively worthless.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's something Nancy Pelosi cooked up after she planned the attack on the Capitol.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah it's a decision between a physician & patient. I know a pulmonologist & professor who says it works on the margins. Making this a poltical issue is insanity. It's a therapeutic that has value in certain cases. Some Qanon dipshit eating horsepaste should have no influence on a physician's protocol. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What are the odds of dying of covid in a given year?  Well, roughly 600,000 Americans died in the 12 months spanning 3/20 through 2/21.

Quoting myself, in case anyone thinks "well yeah, that was LAST year".  At the current daily death rate, some 470K Americans would die in a year.  The damage is incalculable.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Quoting myself, in case anyone thinks "well yeah, that was LAST year".  At the current daily death rate, some 470K Americans would die in a year.  The damage is incalculable.

Predicting it now.

2025 election fraud investigations by Republicans asserting that Biden killed off all the Republican voters by suppressing vaccinations to Republican voters and pushing anti-vaccination propaganda.

This is not going to help the situation, wherever it hits, but the latest projections have a hurricane rolling into the Gulf Coast early next week, potentially as a major hurricane.  Given all the hospitals in the SEC are chock full of COVID, this is going to raise some tough questions for hospital admin / doctors / nurses.  If you need to move ICU patients, who are you going to move first?  How many of these docs / nurses are going to want to stick around, especially given the constant barrage of stupid with which they've been confronted?  In short, all of this is likely to get even uglier.    

174153_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Edited by Gap03

2 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

This is not going to help the situation, wherever it hits, but the latest projections have a hurricane rolling into the Gulf Coast early next week, potentially as a major hurricane.  Given all the hospitals in the SEC are chock full of COVID, this is going to raise some tough questions for hospital admin / doctors / nurses.  If you need to move ICU patients, who are you going to move first?  How many of these docs / nurses are going to want to stick around, especially given the constant barrage of stupid with which they've been confronted?  In short, all of this is likely to get even uglier.    

Just give Biden a Sharpie. Problem solved. 
image.thumb.jpeg.2867272cbefd501871d8ff76ebed4bda.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Fucking dying laughing. These people need to die. 

You are getting your wish. San Angelo man:

"He's not doing good," Jessica Wallace posted on Facebook. "It's not looking in our favor, his lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they've run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments."

The 30-year-old father of three, whose wife is expecting their fourth child next month, organized "The San Angelo Freedom Defenders" group last year to push back against pandemic protection measures, and he organized anti-mask rallies and gave multiple interviews questioning public health measures before experiencing shortness of breath, high fever and a dry cough on July 26.

"Every time he would start to cough, it would turn into a coughing attack, and then that would cause him to completely go out of breath," Jessica Wallace said, adding that he initially refused to get tested for COVID-19. "He was so hard-headed. He didn't want to see a doctor, because he didn't want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests."

At first, he tried treating himself with ivermectin, high doses of Vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, but Wallace was taken July 30 by a relative to the emergency room at Shannon Medical Center, where he joined 33 others hospitalized with the virus."

https://www.rawstory.com/caleb-wallace/

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

DeSantis, Abbott, and their ilk make me think of some of the duller WW1 generals ordering repeated futile attacks on the same positions.

At least a futile attack against a fortified enemy position might kill some of the enemy. They're basically ordering American troops to fire on each other.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"He's not doing good," Jessica Wallace posted on Facebook. "It's not looking in our favor, his lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they've run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments."

The 30-year-old father of three, whose wife is expecting their fourth child next month, organized "The San Angelo Freedom Defenders" group last year to push back against pandemic protection measures, and he organized anti-mask rallies and gave multiple interviews questioning public health measures before experiencing shortness of breath, high fever and a dry cough on July 26.

"Every time he would start to cough, it would turn into a coughing attack, and then that would cause him to completely go out of breath," Jessica Wallace said, adding that he initially refused to get tested for COVID-19. "He was so hard-headed. He didn't want to see a doctor, because he didn't want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests."

At first, he tried treating himself with ivermectin, high doses of Vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, but Wallace was taken July 30 by a relative to the emergency room at Shannon Medical Center, where he joined 33 others hospitalized with the virus."

fucking selfish bastard. what kind of shitty father would put his bullshit ideology over the needs of his family. he's going to leave his family with a shitton of medical bills and his kids fatherless. 

beyond fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 4

I keep trying to get more of my staff vaccinated. Unfortunately, they listened to the fear mongering by the democrats while Trump was president to not get the vaccine   I still think more education is needed to reverse what they listened to on the news. I’m still in agreement that the vaccine is safe and effective. I might get Covid but I’m pretty confident I will survive especially with the vaccine on board. Such mixed feelings in health care. If we lose all these staff that refuse to get it, God help us then.

I 1st heard Sarah Huckabee Sanders use this a couple of weeks ago.

26 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

Dr. Joseph Varon, chief of critical care at United Memorial Medical Center, told the Houston Chronicle that he has used ivermectin since the start of the pandemic in all COVID patients. He said the dosage is based on the people’s weight, and he uses it with a combination of steroids and vitamin C.
Varon said he is using the drug in small doses “because it makes a difference” in COVID patients. He said no one has overdosed or died in the hospital after ingesting it.
“We did it intermittently in April, May and June of last year,” Varon said. “But as of July, every patient that comes in goes on ivermectin.”

I worked with Dr Varon for 3.5 years back in the day. He is both an incredible doctor and also one of the worst ive ever been around. That said, since the pandemic has started, it seems he’s done nothing but good for Houston and his patients. Also:

819dcc24486fd5a3a48b409ba4e00ac0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

fucking selfish bastard. what kind of shitty father would put his bullshit ideology over the needs of his family. he's going to leave his family with a shitton of medical bills and his kids fatherless. 

beyond fucking stupid.

And taking up a bed for the last 27 days. 

1 minute ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Conservative radio has been playing clips of Biden and Harris and their comments during the election about not taking/trusting the jab if it comes during the Trump administration for awhile now.  They aren’t great sound bites, but they were trying to get into office. There’s a 90 second clip or so of several instances. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

beyond fucking stupid.

We don't even get the Darwin bump since he has already successfully procreated.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I'm assuming they're referring back to some throwaway statements made by Biden/Harris between getting nominated and Election Day. I don't think either emphatically committed to getting "Trump's" vaccine if it was rushed, or something to that effect. The GQP'ers have run with it now, it seems. But Biden/Harris never said the vaccine was going to be a bad idea and Americans shouldn't get it once it was available. (Or I could be misremembering the entire episode.)

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Conservative radio has been playing clips of Biden and Harris and their comments during the election about not taking/trusting the jab if it comes during the Trump administration for awhile now.  They aren’t great sound bites, but they were trying to get into office. There’s a 90 second clip or so of several instances. 

man, that sucks.  sounds like biden and kamala convinced a lot of republicans to not get a shot.

vaccine-dvr-1024x768.png

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

As I recall, during the debates one of them said they wouldnt get a rushed Trump shot based on the administrations word that it was safe, but qualified that they would take it of Fauci did so.

Which is fucking hilarious of itself. 

16 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

man, that sucks.  sounds like biden and kamala convinced a lot of republicans to not get a shot.

vaccine-dvr-1024x768.png

It’s goal post moving, and absolute bullshit of course. But pretty agreeable it wasn’t the best of looks, looking back on it now.  But yeah, idiots are going to idiot. Then they will possibly die. 

Edited by fattyflattie

I'll also ask again, what is going on with Florida's death from Covid numbers?

They are churning out in excess of 20,000 new cases/day and their death rate has plummeted from a high of 170/day two weeks ago to a 7 day MA <20/day with nothing over 10 this week.  Their death rate is at lowest since the pandemic started and their case number are still at all time highs. Worldometer.  

From the Herald, but that just does not seem to explain the sudden change.  Seems like FLorida bullshit to me:

On Aug. 10, the CDC changed the way it reported new cases and deaths in Florida. Cases and deaths used to be logged as total new cases reported on a single day. Now, Florida is reporting cases by the “case date,” according to the CDC rather than the date the case was logged into the system. The result of this change is a lag in cases by date and a significant number of cases backfilling over time.

The Herald will continue to report numbers based on the difference in total cases from one day to the next, as this is consistent with the way data have been presented in daily stories since the beginning of the pandemic.

The Herald will report deaths the same way, after pulling the raw data from the CDC website.

As a result, the “new cases” and “new deaths” listed on the CDC site for any given day may be different than numbers published by the Herald for the same day.

According to a statement from CDC spokesperson Jasmine Reed on Aug. 18: “Florida’s aggregate case and death data includes case date for cases and date of death for deaths. The method applies to data shared by Florida and to data displayed on COVID Data Tracker. Other States also use this reporting method and states can vary in the reporting method. For example, data as of the date that states submit may be the date that a state received its data from its reporting entities, or it might be another dating method that the state prefers.”

DOH spokesperson Weesam Khoury said Florida’s new reporting system “will ensure that continuous epidemiological analyses provide the most updated data to the public.” Neither agency provided further explanation of how a “case date” is assigned to each new case.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

India charges WHO Scientist Soumya Swaminathan for Mass Murder: The beginning of Accountability - The Herland Report (hannenabintuherland.com)

Herland Report: India charges WHO Scientist Soumya Swaminathan: India is a forefront nation in demanding accountability from the WHO, the Indian Bar Association (IBA) now suing WHO Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan.

They are accusing her of causing the deaths of many Indian citizens by misleading them about the effect of Ivermectin, which she stated did not work against Covid-19.

As a result, the use of Ivermectin to cure Covid-19 was stopped and Covid cases exploded with deaths increasing ten-fold.

*unfamiliar with source*

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's not, and it's not exactly what she implied.  She said she would not trust Trump over muzzled health authorities.  That's a pretty defensible stance.

I am responding to what was posted.  Fauci talked down flexible dose strategies that proved effective at ramping up vax coverage in  UK and Canada. Fauci couldn't make up his mind regarding the need for boosters long after the data was out there and other countries had moved on it. Until he of course changed his stance on boosters.  The guy is soft noodle.  He is one of the last public health voices that I would look to for an objective assessment of vaccine strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 1