CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Can you stop fucking reporting posts that aren't trolling just because you disagree with someone's opinion regardless of how stupid it may or may not be to you. 

Immortal actually thinks these things. He's not getting a free pass to troll, but he's not pumping antivax theories or telling people to not vaccinate like maninblack was. 

Thank you, kind sir. I try to follow the rules as best I can. I know I'm not wanted here because I lean conservative, but I have the right to post here. 

And I only reported Brisket for the homophobic slur he posted. That was uncalled for....thank you for taking it down. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Can you stop fucking reporting posts that aren't trolling just because you disagree with someone's opinion regardless of how stupid it may or may not be to you. 

Immortal actually thinks these things. He's not getting a free pass to troll, but he's not pumping antivax theories or telling people to not vaccinate like maninblack was. 

Then I am going to need a clarification. How is saying vaccines don't work not disinformation? You can say the measures don't work and that's cool? 

If that's how it's going to be. It's your place.

• Hook 'Em 2

I've never once had anyone say shit about me wearing a mask, whether in Austin proper, far west suburbs, inside travis country, and through many hill country counties and small towns. I've also never witnessed someone harassing someone else about it. I have no doubt that it occurs, and probably with some frequency.  Just saying that I have never seen it or heard somebody talk about how they were harassed about wearing a mask outside of social media and this site.  

I had a judge launch into me about wearing a mask on the fucking elevator with her. She’s 100% certified looney toons, which is hilarious (but sad) since one of her main duties is presiding over the mental commitment docket.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Thank you, kind sir. I try to follow the rules as best I can. I know I'm not wanted here because I lean conservative, but I have the right to post here. 

And I only reported Brisket for the homophobic slur he posted. That was uncalled for....thank you for taking it down. 

Can I report you for calling me "gay" in a private message?  Hypocrite.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

He ignored this because he is dishonest as well as stupid.

No, he did.  But he did miss the point.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I didn’t ignore it.  See post 48503 on this page.  

You did, but you missed the point.  One child was the cause of that spike because there are anti-vax nuts in those areas of NYC.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes.  They have proven efficacy against transmission and a long safety record.  

You see cases in 90 percent vaxxed NY?

They also don’t require 3-4 shots per year.  

This is talking about Measles, right?

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

NYC is nowhere close to 90% vaxed 

This is talking about COVID.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It doesn't speak directly to your point, but it is telling nonetheless.  NYC positivity increase in unvaxxed appears to be ~ 10X that of vaxxed, as of a week ago:

image.thumb.png.76bcdbe22c753e27f9d74f58028578d7.png

Wires have gotten crossed.  Sack is referencing the measles discussions.  NYC is 72% fully vaccinated of all ages for COVID (Measles is decidedly MUCH higher).  I would argue that the vaccinated cases are probably under represented as well because a lot of us who tested negative at home didn't report it (you don't want NYC track and trace on your ass.  It is incredibly inefficient), do our self-isolation time, and then we are done.  

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Oh, Hai…

just tested positive on an Abbott home test.  Mother, Brother, SIL all tested positive and I was with them on Christmas.  Scratchy throat is only symptom right now.

Case counts to the moon.

Abbot home test? I didn't think that option had legs yet. 

Hope you don't cop it too bad my man

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So in NYC, people are calling 911 to get a ride to the hospital to get a COVID test.  

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

The Governor, Mayor, and health leaders have had to ask people to only call 911 if there is a real emergency.  I don't understand people.

Agent K got it right.

• Hook 'Em 3

Indifferent….?
That’s hilarious.  You fucking ghouls have an entire thread literally celebrating peoples deaths.

Like the guy who died who said he was a “plague spreader” - who refused to wear masks or get vaxxed - and who went to the store maskless to cough on people after he got it?

Fuck yeah I celebrate his death. What makes you a bad person is that you think that person is not worth mocking. 800,000 dead Americans say fuck that guy.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, staboner said:

Abbot home test? I didn't think that option had legs yet. 

Hope you don't cop it too bad my man

No idea on the pedigree of the home test.  It is most definitely an Abbott test with results in minutes.

My previous positive was at a Urgent Care with a 24hr turn around(pcr?) end of Oct.

So I am double vax’d and twice positive.  I am absolutely certain of the first positive as I had loss of smell and taste with mild congestion, fatigue, headache.  Right now I have scratchy throat, but no other symptoms. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is unreal. Read this tweet just after watching the videos from the Boulder to Denver area fires. 

That’ll be 9/11 casualties rates, two days in a row. Just among the unvaxxed. And it’s only going to get worse. 9/11, and worse, every day for the next couple of weeks.

But, my freedoms! 

Take the freedom talk to the Selective Service System. Then think on it for as long as it takes.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If one hasn't gotten the vaccine by now, I really don't give a shit.  FAFO, you stupid maga fucks.  Less of you=good for America.

This is where I am.  There is a free, readily available, safe and effective (at preventing hospitalization and death at the very least) vaccine.  If you are too stupid to get it, fuck you.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Incredulity said:

No idea on the pedigree of the home test.  It is most definitely an Abbott test with results in minutes.

My previous positive was at a Urgent Care with a 24hr turn around(pcr?) end of Oct.

So I am double vax’d and twice positive.  I am absolutely certain of the first positive as I had loss of smell and taste with mild congestion, fatigue, headache.  Right now I have scratchy throat, but no other symptoms. 

When did you get vaccinated?  What vaccine did you get?  And did you have a booster?

Sounds like you got a Delta infection in October.  That is probably due to waning immunity if you were like a lot of people here and got vaccinated back in March.  Omicron is KNOWN to get around the vaccines sans boosters AND previous infection.  However, your double vaxx and previous infection will mean you will most likely have a mild case like a cold or a mild flu.  You won't end up with a bad outcome.

In other words, the vaccine works and prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, brakeman said:

image.thumb.png.a353b9e23cf2ed6ed50749651f00ec86.png

what the fuck!

image.thumb.png.da6951fdffee8f205fb195b8222a91ce.png

1.  That hospitalized number is total hospitalized Manhattan (you selected New York County, NY which is Manhattan) which is where a lot of the upstate places, Long Island, and other boroughs send their cases thanks to really good hospital systems.  Further, that winter peak in 2020 was miles lower than what was there in March/April of 2020 (i.e. that winter peak wasn't great but was multiple times lower than the worst).  

2.  I do not agree with the Times Square shit going on, but I also think this is a shrug.  They are limiting capacity, it is outside, and to attend, you have to be double vaxxed and wear a mask (we will see if that happens).  Most the people stupid enough to actually be on the street in Times Square DO NOT live in New York (well, except for Staten Island).  They are primarily tourists and the B&T crowd (though not from other boroughs except Staten Island).  If people from the city are there, it is because there are private, pay to go, parties at places near the ball drop with all you can eat, all you can drink, and bathrooms and private areas that are outside.  Most of those pay to go parties are not happening this year.

3.  Most other big New Year's Eve parties (like the one I was going to go to in Tribeca and my back up at Fotografiska) have been cancelled.  Those have been cancelled because they are inside, and it is the responsible thing to do.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

When did you get vaccinated?  What vaccine did you get?  And did you have a booster?

Sounds like you got a Delta infection in October.  That is probably due to waning immunity if you were like a lot of people here and got vaccinated back in March.  Omicron is KNOWN to get around the vaccines sans boosters AND previous infection.  However, your double vaxx and previous infection will mean you will most likely have a mild case like a cold or a mild flu.  You won't end up with a bad outcome.

In other words, the vaccine works and prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death.

Moderna second end of April.

have not boosted due to having at end of Oct.  Commentary I have heard was to be at least 90 from infection then boost.  This so far is milder than previous. Which fortunately the worst part of the first go round was worrying that the mild cough would get bad.

Yes, it appears Omicron DGAF about vaccine or previous case in regards to infection.  Just heard from two more friends whose entire families tested positive yesterday.  It’s not exaggeration to say it seems like everyone has it right now.  

Edited by Incredulity
  • Fuck You 1

Also, I thought we all have agreed that number of cases isn't really the right metric, especially with this variant.  You have to look at hospitalizations and deaths.  And you need to look at those bifurcated between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.  

I think they should actually only report on vaccinated statistics from now on and if you want unvaxxed stats they should be available after digging. All these cases are a big nothing burger with the vaccine, especially with the boosted folks. 

No one freaks out about the cold and with the vaccine that's essentially what this has turned into. 

• Hook 'Em 9

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think they should actually only report on vaccinated statistics from now on and if you want unvaxxed stats they should be available after digging. All these cases are a big nothing burger with the vaccine, especially with the boosted folks. 

No one freaks out about the cold and with the vaccine that's essentially what this has turned into. 

Nothingberder*

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Moderna second end of April.

have not boosted due to having at end of Oct.  Commentary I have heard was to be at least 90 from infection then boost.  This so far is milder than previous. Which fortunately the worst part of the first go round was worrying that the mild cough would get bad.

Yes, it appears Omicron DGAF about vaccine or previous case in regards to infection.  Just heard from two more friends whose entire families tested positive yesterday.  It’s not exaggeration to say it seems like everyone has it right now.  

Ah.  Yeah, you probably got a breakthrough Delta case as you were coming up on that 6 month cliff.  Good point on the booster.  You are supposed to wait 90 days.  You are right, no one told Omicron it wasn't apposed to infect everyone.  But I'm really glad it is mild for you.  Kick Omicron in its ass!

Same for me.  I know tons of people who have it.  So far, it's like colds for almost everyone, which IMO is a very good thing!

Get better!

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

So ergo, it is really the unvaccinated who are going to have bad cases, need to be hospitalized, and die.  Can we just make them so they are not welcome in society?  NYC has pretty much done that.  It is a shame that states like Florida and Texas keep bending to the will of the idiotic masses.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the incongruity of the “my freedoms liberty!” crowd.

There are some finite resources in play here: hospital beds, hospital staff, monoclonal antibody treatments. The irresponsible selfish people are hogging all of those, AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS.

Some people are going to need the hospital for other reasons (heart attack, car wreck)….they have lost access to that resource because of the unvaxxed. Some vaccinated people (or people who legit CANNOT be vaxxed) will need monoclonals…but they’re gone, the unvaxxed already used them all.

When your choice not to get vaccinated harms others, that’s not “freedom and Liberty.” It’s just plain old assholery.

If you are REALLY about freedom and Liberty, and you choose not to get vaxxed, then you should also choose to bear the responsibility for your decision. Do not use hospital resources when you get sick with Covid.

But they won’t do that. Because their real philosophy is “freedom for me, consequences for thee.” Party of personal responsibility my ass.

I completely agree.

I am a proponent of hitting the unvaxxed where it hurts.  Deny them care or charge them through the nose for it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

There are some finite resources in play here: hospital beds, hospital staff, monoclonal antibody treatments. The irresponsible selfish people are hogging all of those, AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS.

Some people are going to need the hospital for other reasons (heart attack, car wreck)….they have lost access to that resource because of the unvaxxed. Some vaccinated people (or people who legit CANNOT be vaxxed) will need monoclonals…but they’re gone, the unvaxxed already used them all.

When your choice not to get vaccinated harms others, that’s not “freedom and Liberty.” It’s just plain old assholery.

If you are REALLY about freedom and Liberty, and you choose not to get vaxxed, then you should also choose to bear the responsibility for your decision. Do not use hospital resources when you get sick with Covid.

But they won’t do that. Because their real philosophy is “freedom for me, consequences for thee.” Party of personal responsibility my ass.

I completely agree.

I am a proponent of hitting the unvaxxed where it hurts.  Deny them care or charge them through the nose for it.

Could not agree more with back-to-back posts 

• Hook 'Em 1

Dude, I have over a dozen otherwise sane friends, family, and coworkers who legitimately believed this. Of course, they're the exact same ones now joining Johnny Sack in yelling at the President, "Why not gone?!"
Without a fucking hint of irony.
Username checks out with the numbers....

I honestly had forgotten that weird narrative in all this fuckery. Democrat hoax is still around fucking over the democrats. Weird, it's almost like Republicans aren't credible honest people or something.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Case counts are not very telling, except when they are.  This chart shows total US daily case counts reported to the CDC since the pandemic started.  Obviously, these numbers are low -- many people don't test because they don't have symptoms, and many have mild illness and test at home, which represents data the CDC cannot accrue.

Holy shit.

image.thumb.png.ea4b3286d2bff77d37990ea293171e8f.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Should we do the same for fat people?

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I completely agree.

Yep. And make them sign a form upon intake that acknowledges the hospital’s right to discharge the patient as soon as he or his family request quack “treatments.” 

• Hook 'Em 2