CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

27 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Fauci isn't in the CDC.

I typed CDC/FDA as a short form for all govt health agencies.  Should have added NIH.   With continued policies without any guidelines/off ramps and odd vax guidelines (starting with the "should booster" rec for healthy teenagers with zero supporting data) I've become skeptical of pretty much everything. And I was team 100% follow the science, supported lockdowns, masks, etc. when this all started pretty much through the time vax was readily available to those that wanted it.  

I mean, what in the world is the basis for STILL requiring tests for foreign travel when there was never a testing policy for domestic even when the US was leading the world in cases?  It's all just impossible for any logical/thoughtful person to reconcile and has been for quite some time.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Skipper said:

And I was team 100% follow the science, supported lockdowns, masks, etc. when this all started pretty much through the time vax was readily available to those that wanted it. 

Same. I hung on every word of Fauci for quite a while.   I can report as of today, Miami dgaf about Covid.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Same. I hung on every word of Fauci for quite a while.   I can report as of today, Miami dgaf about Covid.  

Most reasonable people have moved on at this point. We have vaccines, we have therapeutics, we have waning variants. Only level 9+ clingers remain really engaged with the extreme stuff. I think that we should all keep frosty in case the situation changes, but until then "return to normalcy" in whatever form that looks like these days is the path forward. Looks like pizza parties for the kids sports teams and me eating wings at the bar. And that is good enough atm. 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

China has lost their god damned mind. 

Xi doesn't want to look weak, so Western vaccine adoption has never been on the table. Their Covid-0 strategy means they have almost no population immunity since their vaccines suck so badly (mostly because they are horrendous at high-end manufacturing in every sector). Xi is doomed if their young populace starts to doubt their social contract of each successive generation being better off than their parents' generation.

• Like 1

FDA authorizes covid breath test

Not for home use, it requires an office visit:

• The FDA on Thursday issued an emergency use authorization for what it said is the first device that can detect Covid-19 in breath samples.
  • The InspectIR COVID-19 Breathalyzer is about the size of a piece of carry-on luggage, the FDA said, and can be used in doctor’s offices, hospitals and mobile testing sites.
  • The test, which can provide results in less than three minutes, must be carried out under the supervision of a licensed health care provider.

35 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Mask hurt facey.

What a child.

Well considering I'll be on a plane with 2 actual children in a few weeks, it certainly would be nice if not trying to police that on top of everything else with young kids on a flight.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well considering I'll be on a plane with 2 actual children in a few weeks, it certainly would be nice if not trying to police that on top of everything else with young kids on a flight.

Nobody said anything to our 3 yo not wearing one last month when we flew. TSA, ticket agent, flight attendants. They might be more relaxed on kids than they were the last 24 months. I was dreading the whole getting kicked off the plane tho.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, at this point, I don't know anyone in my life that isn't counting down the days until mandatory masks in airplanes go bye-bye.

and yet, it's really fucking nothing. I seriously don't get the outrage/hand wringing. if this virus had made your dick fall off and the only way to protect yourself was a simple piece of cloth over your mouth and nose, there would still be "muh rights" assholes with no dicks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and yet, it's really fucking nothing. I seriously don't get the outrage/hand wringing. if this virus had made your dick fall off and the only way to protect yourself was a simple piece of cloth over your mouth and nose, there would still be "muh rights" assholes with no dicks. 

Most of the people in my life have at the moment have 2-4 year old kids. There's your answer. I don't get a shit either way wearing it myself.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nobody said anything to our 3 yo not wearing one last month when we flew. TSA, ticket agent, flight attendants. They might be more relaxed on kids than they were the last 24 months. I was dreading the whole getting kicked off the plane tho.

My sense was it’s very flight attendant dependent. If Penelope or LHFan 68 are on your flight you can bet your ass they’re making little Braydon mask the fuck up. Especially between bites and sips. 

Anyway. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Most of the people in my life have at the moment have 2-4 year old kids. There's your answer. I don't get a shit either way wearing it myself.

well, maybe don't fly toddlers around during a deadly pandemic? I dunno.

and fine, say 5 (or pick a fucking number - I don't care) and under is exempt and move the fuck on. this isn't hard.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

My sense was it’s very flight attendant dependent. If Penelope or LHFan 68 are on your flight you can bet your ass they’re many little Braydon mask the fuck up. Especially between bites and sips. 

Anyway. 

I’d be in first class, so not paying attention to the poor unfortunate souls in coach.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

My sense was it’s very flight attendant dependent. If Penelope or LHFan 68 are on your flight you can bet your ass they’re many little Braydon mask the fuck up. Especially between bites and sips. 

Anyway. 

Rated "not qualified" by the ABA when she was up for appointment. 

Unsure how someone opposed to activist judges could read that opinion and not be furious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

well, maybe don't fly toddlers around during a deadly pandemic? I dunno.
and fine, say 5 (or pick a fucking number - I don't care) and under is exempt and move the fuck on. this isn't hard.

The pandemic has been over for most of us since the vaccines rolled out, loser.

Wear your mask. Nobody will care. Youll look like a miserable idiot until you ditch the damn thing but you do you.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wear your mask. Nobody will care. Youll look like a miserable idiot until you ditch the damn thing but you do you.

wow, cool. I didn't know you had such power. while you're at it can you declare me debt-free and a billionaire? also, add in biggest dick and best at sex. if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

I guess only one follow up question: why didn't you end it before all those people died and the global economy was left in shambles? Seems kinda dickish to leave that part out.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, at this point, I don't know anyone in my life that isn't counting down the days until mandatory masks in airplanes go bye-bye.

This is true. I will wear one because it's required, but I ain't booking a trip across the pond until it's no longer required. 

wow, cool. I didn't know you had such power. while you're at it can you declare me debt-free and a billionaire? also, add in biggest dick and best at sex. if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

I guess only one follow up question: why didn't you end it before all those people died and the global economy was left in shambles? Seems kinda dickish to leave that part out.

What’s your fetish with dicks these last couple of posts?

Why didn’t I personally end it? Like me? Idk, I have never received a positive test. Can you say the same?

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I’d be in first class, so not paying attention to the poor unfortunate souls in coach.

I fly first without kids.  But I kind of want to move my 3 and 5 year old to first as well going forward on the off chance we get to sit next to you  :)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What’s your fetish with dicks these last couple of posts?

Why didn’t I personally end it? Like me? Idk, I have never received a positive test. Can you say the same?

dicks are awesome. well, at least mine is. is yours? maybe you should celebrate it more.

correct. I have never tested positive. I am boosted. but if a place requires me to wear a mask I don't turn into a fucking titty baby either

9 minutes ago, Skipper said:

What a weird fucking comment in April of 2022.   

to be fair, that comment stands whether or not there is a pandemic. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

36 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

There are other ways to protect ourselves now, why are you still worried about a simple piece of cloth and our dicks?

to be fair, that comment stands whether or not there is a pandemic. 

I don’t either…but you don’t think it’s dumb to go to sport games, concerts, malls, anything that don’t require masks anymore-unless you’re in Philly or Hawaii- but you’re still required to wear them on a mean of transportation with by all accounts the best air filtration out of basically anything? This should’ve been axed back in January. Especially when ceos of airlines have since began to tell Biden to cut the shit

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don’t either…but you don’t think it’s dumb to go to sport games, concerts, malls, anything that don’t require masks anymore-unless you’re in Philly or Hawaii- but you’re still required to wear them on a mean of transportation with by all accounts the best air filtration out of basically anything? This should’ve been axed back in January. Especially when ceos of airlines have since began to tell Biden to cut the shit

well, you finally got your way, so maybe you'll quit crying about it

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

There are other ways to protect ourselves now, why are you still worried about a simple piece of cloth and our dicks?

either i haven't been clear or you have completely misread everything I have ever posted on the subject: I have no problem with masks. I hope they become the norm when people are sick and feel the need to be in public - like the rest of the fucking world.

If I don't care about your dick, who will?

40 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, maybe don't fly toddlers around during a deadly pandemic? I dunno

How much longer should I wait as a vaccinated adult with kids who have also already had it, and n95's are readily available for those who are still concerned?

I'm not crying about having to wear a mask. I'll do it, and I'll do my best to have my kids wear it. But it's not two years ago anymore.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That...is amazing.

Other things that 1) are widely connected with "sanitation," but 2) do no "destroy or remove" the unsanitary thing, and instead function only as a barrier to keep the unsanitary from spreading:

"Sanitary napkins" (maxi pads and such):

facility-reminder-labels-89456-lg.png

Sanitary toilet covers:

71d4Au1hC4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those are just two that jump to mind quite easily.  That opinion is fucking tortured, and pathetic.  Not saying I agree or disagree with the end result, but that reasoning and interpretation of plain english is horribad.

37 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I believe in John Locke's notion of the social contract and view wearing my mask as a public service: this way, people do not have to see my ugly mug. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

This is true. I will wear one because it's required, but I ain't booking a trip across the pond until it's no longer required. 

I booked one across the pond when the masks were required.  It was honestly no big deal.  Yeah, it was uncomfortable while I slept, but it was a small inconvenience.  Granted, we had ours off for most of the time we were awake due to drinking (again, Business Class and First Class are your friends).

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Except we were in the biggest wave of this yet in January.  

I do not care one way or another if they keep the mandate on planes.  I do laugh at people like you that are such fucking crybabies about it all though.  Seriously, you people need fucking help.

• Hook 'Em 1