CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

remember when the US paid for the development of a low-cost ventilator, placed a big order for it, and the company that made it said, "LOLNOFUKU"?

https://www.propublica.org/article/taxpayers-paid-millions-to-design-a-low-cost-ventilator-for-a-pandemic-instead-the-company-is-selling-versions-of-it-overseas-

The real problem there is we paid them to develop them and then didn't buy any.  Until it was too late.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You do know I'm aware of his posting history, right?

Throwing a little context up against what is clearly a FOX/Rush/Sean/Buck/Laura numerical angle of the day isn't entirely useless.  It may be lost on Mr. KSU, but it's not entirely useless for all others reading the thread.

Good point. My apologies.

20 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So we are shutting the entire country down for a disease that kills 1 out of every 250 people it infects (assuming there has been no one wandering around out there with it who hasn't been diagnosed which is kind of like assuming the Detroit Lions are going to the Super Bowl).  We are a country full of morons.

Oh man, this is just parody. 

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

America is for the makers, not the takers.  Lazy entitled bums who blew all their money on transportation and housing are shitty planners - we makers shouldn't subsidize their stupidity.  Maybe if they suffer some REAL consequences, they'll make better decisions next time.  And I don't even see what they're worried about anyway -- anyone who dies from this illness "was on their last legs" anyway.  We're just overreacting to something that's just like the flu, which requires us to dig mass graves with a backhoe every flu season.  You just don't know that because the deep state and lamestream media hide it from you.

I'd vote for you

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's nothing wrong with any religion. Just with the people that believe in them. 

Religion is a man made construct. Like probably most on this board, I was raised as a Christian. 

And while I still completely  believe in God, I don’t practice much in religion much anymore. I do still like to go to episcopal service on occasion. I like the songs, and the free wine. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So we are shutting the entire country down for a disease that kills 1 out of every 250 people it infects (assuming there has been no one wandering around out there with it who hasn't been diagnosed which is kind of like assuming the Detroit Lions are going to the Super Bowl).  We are a country full of morons.

We are a country full of morons and periodically you come over here to represent them well. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You know how I know you're nothing but a troll and just post shit to stir things up?

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

remember when the US paid for the development of a low-cost ventilator, placed a big order for it, and the company that made it said, "LOLNOFUKU"?

https://www.propublica.org/article/taxpayers-paid-millions-to-design-a-low-cost-ventilator-for-a-pandemic-instead-the-company-is-selling-versions-of-it-overseas-

Phuck Phillips

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Colin Powell is a devout Episcopalian.

Hillary Clinton is a devout Methodist. George W. Bush is a dumbfuck evangelical who should be in jail for war crimes. Not sure what your point is. 

Recommended reading while you're sheltering in place:

Planofattackbook.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

"it's a very good statement, to say the Max is the safest plane in the air."  

How the fuck is Airplane Pt. III not in pre-production right now with shit like this?  

As Trump was talking i could hear the screams of nooooooooooo from Boeing Executive in Seattle all the way here in Austin.

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hillary Clinton is a devout Methodist. George W. Bush is a dumbfuck evangelical who should be in jail for war crimes. Not sure what your point is. 

I kinda figured you'd take that in the spirit intended.

I kinda figured wrong.

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

EVM1OkGUUAEidld?format=jpg&name=medium

We are shutting the country down. You're wrong about this just like you are wrong about everything else.  And you're welcome, shithead. Go sit at the kids' table. We will tell you when its safe to come back out. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The real problem there is we paid them to develop them and then didn't buy any.  Until it was too late.

That's pretty much the definition of late 20th century/early 21st century American capitalism. Steal public money to develop things and then sell it to the highest bidder.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

EVM1OkGUUAEidld?format=jpg&name=medium

We are shutting the country down. You're wrong about this just like you are wrong about everything else.  And you're welcome, shithead. Go sit at the kids' table. We will tell you when its safe to come back out. 

And this is with late, but effective, social distancing and shelter in place.  Wake up. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The guy your are responding to is a well known troll. Who claims he lives in Kansas yet finds the time to post here, on a longhorn message board, troll memes at 3:00 am. Engaging in any type of substantive debate with him is completely a waste of time.

What if (and this is going to sound crazy) we just nuked his ass? Best case - he’s a kstate troll and a moron...worst case, he has an agenda that is not good. Seems like the only way to be sure is to nuke him from orbit.🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

So we are shutting the entire country down for a disease that kills 1 out of every 250 people it infects

Shocker...EMA can't do math.

You can't count people who are still sick as recovered, you dumb fucking idiot.

So far in the US there have been about (it changes so quickly) 18,747 deaths and 27,314 recoveries.  I.e. roughly 1.5 recoveries per death... I'd say that's slightly more that 1 out of 250.

The fact is we won't know the actual number until this is all over, but I'm willing to bet that US's final tally is at least 10x more deadly than your preposterous 1 out of 250 claim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I fucking hate all y'all.

Y'all motherfuckers need to get off the ledge. Lincoln and Grant weren't hanging out drinking scotch while the world burned.  They fucked up some ethnonationalists and know nothings while drinking scotch.  We can bring the scotch. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Y'all motherfuckers need to get off the ledge. Lincoln and Grant weren't hanging out drinking scotch while the world burned.  They fucked up some ethnonationalists and know nothings while drinking scotch.  We can bring the scotch. 

God damn right.  But I still hate all y'all.

• Like 1

Well, not everyone is a christian, especially in NYC.

It’s forbidden in the Torah and Qur’an.

But it’s less about religion and more about resources.

-Crematories and funeral homes are overwhelmed
-Cremation ovens are not outfitted for mass casualties
-Lots of New Yorkers aren’t originally from there so their families aren’t able to come claim their bodies during this lockdown. The city is literally using freezer trucks for body storage and they’re running out of space so they’re embalming and burying the bodies for loved ones to claim later.
-Some victims may not have families or were homeless or families unable to pay for a proper burial right now, so Hart Island will be their final resting place.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Now do all the churches. You're not gonna change my mind with how much prosperity pastors have and how little they care.

Nah, I’m good. I’m sure there are churches that are doing good things for people in need. But there are plenty of churches that seem serve themselves way more than their flock. 

28 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Tax 'em all, let God sort it out.

I didn’t want to go down that worm hole, it’s probably worthy of its own thread, but yea. The blanket nonprofit exemption for churches is obviously being abused. It needs to be reworked. Anyone receiving money through a NPO should have to publicly report their finances. Caps on money from NPOs to individuals, tighter limits on what can be purchased as church assets, etc. Close the loopholes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Fuck off with your jokes, man.  Jokes, haha, only x dead, it’s about me.   Nah just fuck off, Sydney.  

I mean, I don’t know if YOUR post is a joke or not, quoting me from almost 2 months ago. 

Im not going post hunting from weeks back to respond to something innocuous that I can’t recall from a bland quote of myself, so if you’ve got a greater specific point you want to make, then make it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Recommended reading while you're sheltering in place:

Planofattackbook.jpg

W is also a Methodist.  He was relatively new to it in his Presidency and mistook evangelicals for real Christians.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

So..... Fuck up the Trumpers? 

• Like 2