CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Jon Rahm was forced to drop out of the Memorial Tournament, where he had a commanding lead, because he tested positive. He’s now been eliminated from the Olympics because he tested positive again. He’s had more than enough time to get fully vaccinated in the mean time. It goes to show that, just because you had it once, it doesn’t mean you’re immune. Get vaccinated, dumbasses. 

He said he got vaccinated, no?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Jon Rahm was forced to drop out of the Memorial Tournament, where he had a commanding lead, because he tested positive. He’s now been eliminated from the Olympics because he tested positive again. He’s had more than enough time to get fully vaccinated in the mean time. It goes to show that, just because you had it once, it doesn’t mean you’re immune. Get vaccinated, dumbasses. 

I know that you let facts rarely rarely get in the way of your posts, but Rahm has been fully vaccinated for like a month now dumbass. 

• Haha 2

Sorry for the rant here, but as someone who lives in an area that's been under some sort of restrictions since February of 2020, I'm pretty burnt out. I can't even imagine what it's like for our amazing medical providers around the country.

Our area got a grip on it early, and had numbers that were leveling off. Then other parts of the state/country decided to disregard things, and "hey, let's travel the country!" and we had another national spike in the winter months.

Finally the vaccines arrive and things start to slowly improve and open up. But sure enough, the people who didn't care in the first place don't care now and we're getting another spike with a return to restrictions as a possibility. And the folks I talk to at our local hospitals or in the Department of Health all point to summer travel and tourism from places with lower vaccination levels as the fuel for the suddenness of what we're facing now.

I know I'm not special... but I'm exhausted from completely reorganizing everything in my family/work/life out of consideration for people who have zero interest in doing the same for others. 

/rant

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Did he? I never heard that. He won the next tournament he played in and I don’t recall it being mentioned. (And it came too soon for him to have been fully vaccinated but I don’t recall them even mentioning he’d had his first shot.)

3 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Sorry for the rant here, but as someone who lives in an area that's been under some sort of restrictions since February of 2020, I'm pretty burnt out. I can't even imagine what it's like for our amazing medical providers around the country.

Our area got a grip on it early, and had numbers that were leveling off. Then other parts of the state/country decided to disregard things, and "hey, let's travel the country!" and we had another national spike in the winter months.

Finally the vaccines arrive and things start to slowly improve and open up. But sure enough, the people who didn't care in the first place don't care now and we're getting another spike with a return to restrictions as a possibility. And the folks I talk to at our local hospitals or in the Department of Health all point to summer travel and tourism from places with lower vaccination levels as the fuel for the suddenness of what we're facing now.

I know I'm not special... but I'm exhausted from completely reorganizing everything in my family/work/life out of consideration for people who have zero interest in doing the same for others. 

/rant

It’s just amazing. All the shit we’ve gone through. We have a solution right in front of us and you’d think everyone would be rushing to get vaccinated. It’s so stupid. I just can’t wrap my head around it. 

Man if you would have told me the dumbest people in the worst parts of the country are killing themselves by the thousands preCovid, I'd be like what did we do to deserve such good fortune? 

I mean it's too much collateral damage to celebrate but I'm probably not as sad as I should be.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I got the Moderna mRNA vaccine in March and got COVID from my daughter who was unvaxxed.

I haven't died... obviously.

It has been manageable. All the shitty side effects from the vaccine came back to say hi for the last 3-4 days.

I didn't die. Thanks vaccine!

That being said, there's no guarantees out there now.

Everyone's going to get it. 

Yo just better hope you're vexed so you don't die.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Does having antibodies count towards herd immunity? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, lmao said:

Does having antibodies count towards herd immunity? 

All the doctors I’ve heard say that just because you’ve had it doesn’t mean you’re immune and doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get vaccinated. I’ll trust the doctors. 

• Like 2

If you are waiting on the CDC, or Fauci to tell you to mask up, you are making a mistake. They are caught in a catch-22. If they tell people to mask up again, they are worried people will lose confidence in the vaccine and the GQP will use it even more to attack vaccinations.

Remove politics from it and they'd be advising masks for everyone right now, it's basic public health. Be smart for yourself and others. Mask up.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

All the doctors I’ve heard say that just because you’ve had it doesn’t mean you’re immune and doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get vaccinated. I’ll trust the doctors. 

And the thing is, most of us, especially parents, are familiar with the flu and flu vaccines, and more than a few of us have gotten the flu after having had the vaccine, and plenty of us have gotten the flu twice in a year (I did in 2019).

None of this is rocket science (well the stuff behind MRNA and the speed in which it was all developed kind of is, but a lot of it goes back decades).

But because Trump was in office when it happened, a shitload of people have completely lost their minds.

If some terrorists attacked the US while Trump was in office and killed thousands, these motherfuckers would be denying it happened, and saying that nobody died, and that it was the fault of Democrats.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And the thing is, most of us, especially parents, are familiar with the flu and flu vaccines, and more than a few of us have gotten the flu after having had the vaccine, and plenty of us have gotten the flu twice in a year (I did in 2019).

None of this is rocket science (well the stuff behind MRNA and the speed in which it was all developed kind of is, but a lot of it goes back decades).

But because Trump was in office when it happened, a shitload of people have completely lost their minds.

If some terrorists attacked the US while Trump was in office and killed thousands, these motherfuckers would be denying it happened, and saying that nobody died, and that it was the fault of Democrats.

Nothing is 100%. Not even condoms. But you’ve got to play the odds. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

If you are waiting on the CDC on anything, whether mask guidance or booster guidance, you will consistently be at least 2-3 weeks behind the leading edge. 

Completely agree. That's for the best case scenarios unfortunately. Months to a full year behind in other cases. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The sad irony is that covid vaccines have already proven themselves to be pretty damn effective.  Flu vaccines are what, 70% effective against symptomatic illness, max?  Somehow "breakthrough" on covid, which has really just started to manifest with the delta variant, is an indictment of the entire science.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sad irony is that covid vaccines have already proven themselves to be pretty damn effective.  Flu vaccines are what, 70% effective against symptomatic illness, max?  Somehow "breakthrough" on covid, which has really just started to manifest with the delta variant, is an indictment of the entire science.  

You're overthinking it. Percentages don't matter. What matters is that the vaccine's Lizard Fetus Computer Chip DNA alters your brain and makes it impossible to find the edge of the Flat Earth.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

You're overthinking it. Percentages don't matter. What matters is that the vaccine's Lizard Fetus Computer Chip DNA alters your brain and makes it impossible to find the edge of the Flat Earth.

Also, Soros and Gates apparently just bought a testing company, Bill Gates wants to kill people with vaccines and his polio vaccine deliberately killed a bunch of kids in Africa. 

I wish I was kidding. All of the above is from this afternoon trying to get a close family member vaccinated. As you can see, it's not going terribly well. Those are highlights, I left quite a bit out. 

This is the "proof".

Edited by Pods
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Does having antibodies count towards herd immunity? Not being obtuse, would like an answer on this.

• Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, Pods said:

Also, Soros and Gates apparently just bought a testing company, Bill Gates wants to kill people with vaccines and his polio vaccine deliberately killed a bunch of kids in Africa. 

I wish I was kidding. All of the above is from this afternoon trying to get a close family member vaccinated. As you can see, it's not going terribly well. Those are highlights, I left quite a bit out.

I am so very sorry; I know it's frustrating beyond belief. The Bill Gates depopulation/vaccine profit grabbing conspiracy is one of the top Joseph Mercola misinformation articles and one of the reasons why Mercola is at the top of the list of the social media disinfo network. Don't know that it would help any, but letting someone know that the reason Mercola gave $2.9 million dollars to fund an anti vaccine registry (before 2019 so well before the pandemic) was so he could add to his $100 million dollar empire of selling "alternative" supplements. IOW, telling people "vaccines are bad so hey! take this quackery I am selling!"

His house in Florida:

Dr. Joseph Mercola Ordered to Stop Illegal Claims

• Hook 'Em 7

I am so very sorry; I know it's frustrating beyond belief. The Bill Gates depopulation/vaccine profit grabbing conspiracy is one of the top Joseph Mercola misinformation articles and one of the reasons why Mercola is at the top of the list of the social media disinfo network. Don't know that it would help any, but letting someone know that the reason Mercola gave $2.9 million dollars to fund an anti vaccine registry (before 2019 so well before the pandemic) was so he could add to his $100 million dollar empire of selling "alternative" supplements. IOW, telling people "vaccines are bad so hey! take this quackery I am selling!"
His house in Florida:
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.HD8o8j0URYcNY2vs7SqZ5QHaD2%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Fuck that guy.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

His house in Florida:

Dr. Joseph Mercola Ordered to Stop Illegal Claims

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Fuck that guy.

Wait, you can make $100 million selling "alternative" supplements and telling people that vaccines are bad?

DDD Dad, let's calm down a bit and talk about this.

$100 million is a lot of airplane banners.  

2 hours ago, lmao said:

Does having antibodies count towards herd immunity? Not being obtuse, would like an answer on this.

Yes. Also recovering from the virus likely gives you Tcell mediated immunity which is the main type of immunity conferred by infection from the other coronaviruses that are known to infect humans. The mRNA vaccines do not stimulate Tcell response. 

With a virus like this though infection is the worst way to get to herd immunity, both for the individual and the health care delivery system. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yes. Also recovering from the virus likely gives you Tcell mediated immunity which is the main type of immunity conferred by infection from the other coronaviruses that are known to infect humans. The mRNA vaccines do not stimulate Tcell response. 

With a virus like this though infection is the worst way to get to herd immunity, both for the individual and the health care delivery system. 

Thanks for answering the question. Knowing that prior infection counts toward herd immunity is a good thing. As you stated it is the worst way to go but a certain % of the pop foolishley won't get vaccinated. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just saying it’s sad, you stupid fuck.  Are you always an insufferable know it all?  Don’t answer that.  

Whoa, where’s that coming from? Is it wrong that I don’t understand how anyone working in the health care industry can doubt the benefits of getting vaccinated? Maybe you misunderstood my point. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Whoa, where’s that coming from? Is it wrong that I don’t understand how anyone working in the health care industry can doubt the benefits of getting vaccinated? Maybe you misunderstood my point. 

Lol

I thought you were being sarcastic.  Mea Culpa 

also - this is why I have been absent in almost all the covid threads.  It’s a fucking beating dealing with it every god damn day.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2