CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

You can get 2 tests for $23 at the CVS man. Bring it home and give it to yourself and then you’ll know. 

Walgreens tests are free. They do a molecular diagnostic and a PCR. You get the molecular test with a couple of hrs. It’s the rapid Abbott test but isn’t an antigen test (I think). They also do RT-PCR which like everywhere is ~ 24 hr turnaround.

In SA, there’s a website for Bexar county that lists all the no cost places and all the places doing tests.

The no cost places bill your insurance as far as I know but I didn’t pay anything.

https://boingboing.net/2021/07/22/one-year-ago-today-ted-cruz-idiotically-made-a-covid-prediction-that-was-so-very-wrong.html

Ted Cruz one year ago today:

"If it ends up that Biden wins in November … I don't think he will … but if he does, I guarantee you, the week after the election, suddenly all those Democratic governors, all those Democratic mayors, will say, 'Everything is magically better. Go back to work, go back to school,' " he spouted, as shown on video below.

• Like 1

Just found out a cousin, her husband, and both kids tested positive today in Savannah. They never got vaccinated.  The husband is an engineer for Gulfstream, so he’s not a dummy, but I guess he went down the anti vaccine rabbit hole and held his family out.  So frustrating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I see Florida is now having their worst days yet in terms of new cases. 

One reporting problem is that in June, the state of Florida started only reporting at the county level once a week, so the general public gets to be kept in the dark if their county starts to flare up. Numbers don't look as bad to DeSantis voters if you spread them around the entire state. They also release the county level #s on Fridays so they don't get as much press/public attention.  

Unfortunately I imagine this week's county numbers are going to be horrific for Jacksonville and Panama City areas.

I fear that Texas will fall into this trap soon.

The only good thing I can see out of this is the people who got infected (hopefully asymptomatic or not serious symptoms) now have antibodies. That is a positive, right? There has to be a decent amount of the anti-vaccine crowd by now that knowingly or are unknowingly have antibodies from prior infection. 

• Fuck You 1

On 7/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, elfenix said:

boss just spent a week with people who tested positive over the weekend.  he can't get tested until tomorrow (too soon, i guess), and won't have results until thursday.  still coming into the office to send off a handful of emails that he could do perfectly well from his phone or home. 😡

boss tested positive.  he's vaxxed.  got it from people who are vaxxed.  who also got it from people who are vaxxed.

how long before the rapid antigen test might be effective?

43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is why we're fucked. 35-40% of the country would rather ALMOST DIE than admit they were wrong.

At the very least this asshole should just be given the vaccine before he's discharged. Make it a condition of treatment for the unvaxxed who don't die. If they say no they can go die at home or the hospital can give them a lethal amount of sleeping pills or something.

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

https://boingboing.net/2021/07/22/one-year-ago-today-ted-cruz-idiotically-made-a-covid-prediction-that-was-so-very-wrong.html

Ted Cruz one year ago today:

"If it ends up that Biden wins in November … I don't think he will … but if he does, I guarantee you, the week after the election, suddenly all those Democratic governors, all those Democratic mayors, will say, 'Everything is magically better. Go back to work, go back to school,' " he spouted, as shown on video below.

image.gif.e9f4cc183034a8ade2eacd16489cd5c8.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

At the very least this asshole should just be given the vaccine before he's discharged. Make it a condition of treatment for the unvaxxed who don't die. If they say no they can go die at home or the hospital can give them a lethal amount of sleeping pills or something.

IIRC you have to wait a certain amount of time after having COVID before you can get vaxxed.

This is why some of the NC State baseball players weren't vaccinated yet - they had recovered and needed to wait a few months before they could get the shot(s). 

IIRC you have to wait a certain amount of time after having COVID before you can get vaxxed.
This is why some of the NC State baseball players weren't vaccinated yet - they had recovered and needed to wait a few months before they could get the shot(s). 

This is correct if you received monoclonal antibody treatment, which this asshole undoubtedly did.

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Hmmm, guess they're stuck with the sleeping pills.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ted Cruz is a got damn idoit

Texas can do better. 

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

David Begnaud was reporting on this. The guy said he didn’t trust the vaccines because they were approved by the Emergency Use Authorization. The doctor pointed out to David that so were the medications used to treat this idiot’s Covid. It’s hard to fathom how people can be so stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

My folks are in Bell County.  Bell County is only 33% fully vaxxed.  The population older than 65 is 66% fully vaxxed.  This is FUCKING infuriating.  My parents and all their friends have been vaxxed.  Who the fuck is holding out?  I am going to ask my parents to stop going to church again, because apparently there are too many fucking mouthbreathers.  

I hate to say it, but I am glad as fuck I no longer live in Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that you would move the needle more if Medicaid made that move. 

Agree at the thrust to reach a community, but I believe Covid coverage for the uninsured is funded by HHS. If a provider is willing to bill at Medicare rates, all coverage for Covid-19 is covered. It is a sensible program to reach lower income recipients of the virus and stopping the spread. I am not sure such a requirement will work well in that community. Treat the individual and build trust. Do no harm.  

This is the shit that drives me nuts.  What fucking difference is this mask making?  Not a bit.

Nice chinstrap, motherfucker.  At a fucking baseball game of all places...

dumbass.png

3 hours ago, tchookem said:
7 hours ago, BrickHorn said:
Huh. It’s hard to believe a baseball coach could be so stupid. 

And a hunter. Don't forget hunter.

And small business owner.  I guess the reporter did an actual background check or else he'd probably try to sneak in "disabled veteran".

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

the fall and winter are gonna be really bad for the unvaccinated.

I see why Republicans and Fox are abandoning that deadly narratives about vaccination. It threatens their brand trust. At some point, the duped will get angry at those who sold them a bunch of shit. 

AI:  Politicizing a pandemic is deadly.  Do not trust those who sow seeds of discord in such conditions and root out the sources for minimization. Measure for impact and correlation. Adjust accordingly.