CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

32 minutes ago, lmao said:

I'm not a centrist. Shapiro is terrible, there is no need to make up that he's anti-vax. All it does it hurt the credibility of the accuser & give the GOP ammo. Plenty of terrible things he can & should be criticized & shamed for. 

You are still not answering the question. You replied to a poster pointing out that conservative politicians and media are now changing their tune on vaccinations. ("Corporate overlords and staring down their base bearing the brunt of delta"). You replied say "Ben Shapiro hasn't changed his mind!". I agree, Ben hasn't. Do you disagree with the actual point that conservative media and news have largely been anti-vax?

I get the joke-ish sentiment of the doctors shouldn't say 'sorry,' or shouldn't feel bad counseling grieving families, but uh, they're humans.  And they're humans who spend their days trying to save people, not revel in the deaths of the stupids. 

Now, anyone who actually misled the stupids, the talking heads, the politicos, yeah fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Marco Rubio on CBS News trying to walk on the razor’s edge. Saying you should get vaccinated, he and his family are vaccinated, but at the end of the day it’s up to personal choice. When pointed out that there are something like 29% of Republicans who refuse to get vaccinated compared to 6% of Democrats, he raises the topic of the African-American community. Then he speculates on the unsupported notion that the virus was modified in a Wuhan lab to make it more dangerous. (Something if you think rationally would literally make no sense to do, not even if you wanted to use it as a bio-weapon since it would put you at as much risk as anyone else.)

He mentioned at the end that a high school football teammate of his passed away from Covid. Maybe he should have gone public recommending the vaccine sooner. 

On top of that, if the virus was modified in a Wuhan lab to make it more dangerous, shouldn't he be sounding the alarm by getting on that mike and shouting "MOTHERFUCKERS WE ALL NEED TO GET VACCINATED RIGHT NOW."

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

No. I’d bet plenty of money that all of GOP leadership, FOX News hosts, etc. are vaccinated. But as a group they’ve been happy to take a very soft approach to messaging until now, seeing a need for a coordinated change in tune.

I'm thinking that they were fine protecting themselves while letting the rubes kill themselves off this way rather than by being terrorists.  That all changed when the breakthrough case numbers started rising with the Delta variant.  This isn't about their voters, or a sense of decency, or even duty to society, it's about them not wanting to be inconvenienced by still catching this thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

No. I’d bet plenty of money that all of GOP leadership, FOX News hosts, etc. are vaccinated. But as a group they’ve been happy to take a very soft approach to messaging until now, seeing a need for a coordinated change in tune.

Steve Scalise just got his first dose of the vaccine on Sunday so he’s still weeks away from being fully vaccinated. I believe Rand Paul when he says he’s not going to get vaccinated. We know Fox News employees are forced to get vaccinated in order to go to work but I’ll bet there are still plenty of Congressional Republicans who remain unvaccinated.

14 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

On top of that, if the virus was modified in a Wuhan lab to make it more dangerous, shouldn't he be sounding the alarm by getting on that mike and shouting "MOTHERFUCKERS WE ALL NEED TO GET VACCINATED RIGHT NOW."

Motherfucking this.

If this is an evil chinese-engineered bioweapon developed hand-in-hand with Evil Fauci in a secret underground volcano lair......then the answer is "so GET THE FUCKING SHOT TO THWART IT!"

The inconsistent belief stacked on top of inconsistent belief is mind-blowing.  It's an evil chinese bioengineered plot...but also a hoax....but also deadly so we need HCQ administered everywhere....but also no worse than the flu....but also engineered to be worse than the flu....so thank God Trump gave us the miracle vaccine....but the vaccine is a globalist plot to murder us all.    These dipshits hold all of those beliefs in the same, misfiring brain, simultaneously.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Motherfucking this.

If this is an evil chinese-engineered bioweapon developed hand-in-hand with Evil Fauci in a secret underground volcano lair......then the answer is "so GET THE FUCKING SHOT TO THWART IT!"

The inconsistent belief stacked on top of inconsistent belief is mind-blowing.  It's an evil chinese bioengineered plot...but also a hoax....but also deadly so we need HCQ administered everywhere....but also no worse than the flu....but also engineered to be worse than the flu....so thank God Trump gave us the miracle vaccine....but the vaccine is a globalist plot to murder us all.    These dipshits hold all of those beliefs in the same, misfiring brain, simultaneously.

Remember, these are the people passing laws to prohibit the teaching of critical thought. Inconsistent beliefs is a feature, not a bug. 

• Like 8
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

FWIW,I I got the J&J back in March and just tested positive for COVID from a test last night. Symptoms - bad nagging cough, shortness of breath with any exertion, tired. Otherwise I feel ok. Sick of this cough though.

Shit

Steve Scalise just got his first dose of the vaccine on Sunday so he’s still weeks away from being fully vaccinated. I believe Rand Paul when he says he’s not going to get vaccinated. We know Fox News employees are forced to get vaccinated in order to go to work but I’ll bet there are still plenty of Congressional Republicans who remain unvaccinated.

I’m at the point where I hope they find out.

giphy.gif
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

FWIW,I I got the J&J back in March and just tested positive for COVID from a test last night. Symptoms - bad nagging cough, shortness of breath with any exertion, tired. Otherwise I feel ok. Sick of this cough though.

Shit. Get well soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnotherUTFan said:

That sucks.  Thanks for posting it.  Hope you get better soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I got the JJ back then as well. We can get tested whenever at my work so going to do it tomorrow. Only symptoms are dry cough & fatigue, but I'm always tired so who knows. How long have you had symptoms??

Edited by lmao
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

“Every time Jen Psaki opens her mouth or Dr. Fauci opens his mouth,” he said, “10,000 more people say I’m never going to take the vaccine.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-resurges-gop-lawmakers-allow-122225187.html

Doubtful. The morons have long since made up their minds re: Fauci.  But the thing about morons is that they are morons, irretrievable morons.  

Think of what Tubberville is saying:  these people would take the vaccine (i.e. they realize that the vaccine is good thing) but they won't until Biden praises Trump.  It's too fucking unbelievable to be believed.  "I know this vaccine could keep me and my family from dying and I know that it's safe but I won't take it until the President praises the previous President."   I have no words for these people. 

• Rage+1 1

I got the JJ back then as well. We can get tested whenever at my work so going to do it tomorrow. Only symptoms are dry cough & fatigue, but I'm always tired so who knows. How long have you had symptoms??
I'm always tired and I have a small cough for the 1st hour or so of most mornings, so its hard to say. Thinking back i think I noticed the cough being a little more pronounced over the weekend. Yesterday I still had it in the afternoon, but what concerned me was being short of breath after coming up the stairs while talking on the phone. After that I looked up the symptoms and saw that feeling tired, a cough, and shortness of breath were all listed. I had customer events scheduled today through Tuesday and an eventful weekend including crowds planned, so with 3 symptoms and a testing site right down the road from me I thought the responsible thing to do was to get a test to make sure. Im really glad I did.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Doubtful. The morons have long since made up their minds re: Fauci.  But the thing about morons is that they are morons, irretrievable morons.  

Think of what Tubberville is saying:  these people would take the vaccine (i.e. they realize that the vaccine is good thing) but they won't until Biden praises Trump.  It's too fucking unbelievable to be believed.  "I know this vaccine could keep me and my family from dying and I know that it's safe but I won't take it until the President praises the previous President."   I have no words for these people. 

He’s saying the people he’s talking about are small, spiteful people. I actually buy that. 

5 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

He’s saying the people he’s talking about are small, spiteful people. I actually buy that. 

Yes. Small, petty, spiteful people who won't take a vaccine that they know is good for them out of misguided loyalty to a cheeto who has absolutely no loyalty to anybody. 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Tuberville is not a smart man.

7 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:
7 hours ago, lmao said:

I'm always tired and I have a small cough for the 1st hour or so of most mornings, so its hard to say. Thinking back i think I noticed the cough being a little more pronounced over the weekend. Yesterday I still had it in the afternoon, but what concerned me was being short of breath after coming up the stairs while talking on the phone. After that I looked up the symptoms and saw that feeling tired, a cough, and shortness of breath were all listed. I had customer events scheduled today through Tuesday and an eventful weekend including crowds planned, so with 3 symptoms and a testing site right down the road from me I thought the responsible thing to do was to get a test to make sure. Im really glad I did.

Shit this is making me feel like I should get tested... We got the J&J vax back in April. A couple nights ago my wife was EXHAUSTED and went to bed at like 8 and slept all the way till 7 the next morning. Yesterday, I also felt exhausted and then much better this morning. 

But then again, I've been planning a memorial and trying to not get too far behind on work all week. So I may be just exhausted. 

Uhg, I wish it didn't cost $200 for an instant test. I'd really hate to go see a bunch of older family while being COVID positive. But I'll be goddamned if I don't go to my dad's memorial service. Shitballs. 

• Like 1

boss just spent a week with people who tested positive over the weekend.  he can't get tested until tomorrow (too soon, i guess), and won't have results until thursday.  still coming into the office to send off a handful of emails that he could do perfectly well from his phone or home.

Shrodinger’s disease.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:
8 hours ago, lmao said:

Heavily considering the lie to Safeway route.

https://news.yahoo.com/feel-m-half-vaccinated-got-080000391.html

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Shit this is making me feel like I should get tested... We got the J&J vax back in April. A couple nights ago my wife was EXHAUSTED and went to bed at like 8 and slept all the way till 7 the next morning. Yesterday, I also felt exhausted and then much better this morning. 

But then again, I've been planning a memorial and trying to not get too far behind on work all week. So I may be just exhausted. 

Uhg, I wish it didn't cost $200 for an instant test. I'd really hate to go see a bunch of older family while being COVID positive. But I'll be goddamned if I don't go to my dad's memorial service. Shitballs. 

I haven’t paid for a test yet, but they don’t seem “instant” here.  But results within an hour or two if I recall correctly.  Edit: rudely forgot to add my condolences on your loss.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

I see Florida is now having their worst days yet in terms of new cases. 

One reporting problem is that in June, the state of Florida started only reporting at the county level once a week, so the general public gets to be kept in the dark if their county starts to flare up. Numbers don't look as bad to DeSantis voters if you spread them around the entire state. They also release the county level #s on Fridays so they don't get as much press/public attention.  

Unfortunately I imagine this week's county numbers are going to be horrific for Jacksonville and Panama City areas.

I fear that Texas will fall into this trap soon.

18 hours ago, William Wallace said:

My wife has about 100 employees.  6 unvaccinated.  1 22 year old white girl home schooled, (but college educated). First job, the world is scarier than she planned for and frozen from acting. Very unplugged into society and doesn’t like participating.  The other 5 are all Latinos.  Popping their heads up in public, signing their names to things, anything that feels like a registry is all very unnerving to them. Ultra compliant with mask wearing but don’t want anything with their name on it. 

I had a neighbor I really liked and was friends with just die yesterday after battling COVID-19 for weeks. I don’t know if it was delta, but I assume, as his son didn’t tell me and I felt it insensitive to ask so immediately if he was vaccinated and which vaccine he had, but I do eventually want to get that data. It’s sad because he was a really good guy, but also not all that surprising; he was in his mid-to-late 60’s and was still a pack a day smoker and had COPD and always labored to breathe even before March of 2020. Sucks though nevertheless.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

You’re drinking tons of beer to get well right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I had a neighbor I really liked and was friends with just die yesterday after battling COVID-19 for weeks. I don’t know if it was delta, but I assume, as his son didn’t tell me and I felt it insensitive to ask so immediately if he was vaccinated and which vaccine he had, but I do eventually want to get that data. It’s sad because he was a really good guy, but also not all that surprising; he was in his mid-to-late 60’s and was still a pack a day smoker and had COPD and always labored to breathe even before March of 2020. Sucks though nevertheless.

It's almost a given it was the Delta variant at this point.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

You can get 2 tests for $23 at the CVS man. Bring it home and give it to yourself and then you’ll know. 

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Sorry to hear it. It's easy to get caught up in the #s of COVID and vaccinations but at the end of the day, we're talking about people with loved ones.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Which brand is that, Ellume? Sounds like I know what I'm doing during my lunch break today

It’s Abbott’s test, called BinaxNow. Get the box and it has 2 tests. Follow the instructions and have your answer. Whole process to results takes about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not so much if he'd been battling covid for weeks.  A month ago, delta represented about 30% of the case count.  Now, it's 83%.

Good point; it had been weeks and he was medically induced into a coma at one point during that time because his body was struggling with the breathing tubes or something. Last I heard they were going to bring him out of it and thinks were looking on the up and up and then seemingly overnight he was dead. At least a 3.5 week hospitalization, got a text from him he was in the hospital on June 23

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not so much if he'd been battling covid for weeks.  A month ago, delta represented about 30% of the case count.  Now, it's 83%.

Really good friend of ours who is 50 and thought he had COVID around Xmas but never got tested for COVID or antibodies (and wasn't vaccinated) has been stuck at his sister's in Boston for over a month battling COVID. He's got the Delta variant. He went to the hospital three times and was finally admitted after suffering for nearly two weeks. Got five rounds of Remdesivir at last count and has (I think) rounded the corner.