CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

His twitter feed and the responses ("Lord heal him in Jesus Name Amen!") are something else.  The denial even in the middle of his panic and fear is wild.  He seemed to have opportunity to at least say "I messed up, folks, please get vaccinated...."

Again, these are people who will literally deny they have COVID up to the point of intubation, after which many will never speak again for months, if ever. I've heard it with my own ears

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Again, these are people who will literally deny they have COVID up to the point of intubation, after which many will never speak again for months, if ever. I've heard it with my own ears

You say that like it's a bad thing...

(totes kidding- so thankful for your work and wish obstinate ignorance wasn't making it more challenging)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

He seemed to know and not know at the same time.  I don't celebrate it, but I do find it morbidly fascinating.  My right wing highly religious (like, nutty Pat Robinson style) parents, both in their 70s, got vaccinated as quickly as they could.   Because somewhere in their brains was a survival instinct that people like this young man seem to lack.  I do wonder if their age and the fact that my mother went through quadruple bypass surgery has them more aware of their own mortality.  

Edit: Also, it is presumptuous of me, but I can't imagine what you go through in your line of work isn't traumatic.  Thank you for what you do.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

You say that like it's a bad thing...

(totes kidding- so thankful for your work and wish obstinate ignorance wasn't making it more challenging)

19 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

He seemed to know and not know at the same time.  I don't celebrate it, but I do find it morbidly fascinating.  My right wing highly religious (like, nutty Pat Robinson style) parents, both in their 70s, got vaccinated as quickly as they could.   Because somewhere in their brains was a survival instinct that people like this young man seem to lack.  I do wonder if their age and the fact that my mother went through quadruple bypass surgery has them more aware of their own mortality.  

Edit: Also, it is presumptuous of me, but I can't imagine what you go through in your line of work isn't traumatic.  Thank you for what you do.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Y'all should see the "Medical Horror" photo album on my phone. I'm a totally well-adjusted individual, I swear. Having to detangle and "repack"  a pair of testicles that were almost destroyed when a dude tried to castrate himself on purpose has had absolutely no impact on my psyche. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

A friend's fully-vaccinated mother just died from Covid complications that came on her in the blink of an eye.

Don't know details or what kind of vaccine, didn't seem like the right moment to ask.

Talked to my friend whose mom died. She had been fully vaccinated with Moderna. The other son (my friend's brother) had gotten the Johnson & Johnson shot. Brother is her caretaker. Also works in a store, probably caught it there first and gave it to mom. Mom started symptoms, after 5 days felt bad enough to go to the hospital. Had complications where her blood pressure dropped and despite treatment, they could not raise it back up again. She passed away about 24 hours after she got there.

My advice to my friend was to make up a plausible lie so that his brother doesn't spin off into a pit of despair from giving it to his mom. They thought they were doing everything right-- and until Delta started busting through the walls, most of us would have agreed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 weeks back a cousin was maid of honor at her best friend's wedding. fast forward to today : groom on a ventilator, bride is very sick, 2 of the groom's aunts have passed. multiple other guests in various stage of positive covid. thankfully my cousin and her husband have zero symptoms 

3 weeks back a cousin was maid of honor at her best friend's wedding. fast forward to today : groom on a ventilator, bride is very sick, 2 of the groom's aunts have passed. multiple other guests in various stage of positive covid. thankfully my cousin and her husband have zero symptoms 

vax status of any of those?
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://theathletic.com/news/vikings-assistant-rick-dennison-out-after-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-source/bLFchs9TvLIb?source=fbhq&fbclid=IwAR1dx-gWgzTKhE8OTjRTejxlLtGYUYit3iv24jNA9Kvvpe0UpfcRVbLeLPE

Minnesota Vikings assistant coach Rick Dennison is no longer with the team after refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine, a source confirmed to The Athletic. Assistant offensive line coach Phil Rauscher has been promoted to offensive line coach. ESPN first reported the news.

Dennison is believed to be the first NFL position coach to leave his job after choosing not to be vaccinated. He spent the past two seasons with the Vikings as an offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

In a statement later Friday, the Vikings said they were continuing to hold discussions with Dennison regarding the COVID-19 protocols for training camp and preseason games.

"At this time, Coach Dennison does not have an exemption to the vaccinations requirements of those protocols," the team said. "We will adhere to the requirements of the protocols and of applicable law."

New England Patriots co-offensive line coach Cole Popovich is also no longer on the team's staff due to the NFL's COVID-19 regulations, according to multiple reports. Popovich joined New England's staff in 2015.

Coaches are among the group of Tier 1 individuals required to receive the vaccine, along with front-office executives, equipment managers and scouts. Players are not required to be vaccinated but will face stricter protocols during training camp and throughout the season than those that are vaccinated.

In a memo earlier this year, the NFL said Tier 1 individuals (excluding players) should be vaccinated unless they have a medical or religious reason for not doing so. Employees who refuse vaccination without either reason will not be eligible for Tier 1 status and may not work directly with players.

The team's statement left the door open for a potential return for Dennison, who is still under contract. But as a Tier 1 employee, he can’t be around players unless he is vaccinated or has an exemption.

During his 25-year coaching career in the NFL, Dennison has worked with the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans and Denver Broncos, with whom he won three Super Bowls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m pissed we can’t plan our Montreal trip.  Some amazing scenery there.  Got damn.  

If you ever get the chance to go fishing for walleye at Lake Kipawa, do it. Beautiful wilderness, crystal clear water, the sound of loons calling at dusk. I know it’s more developed now but when I was young it was a 45 minute boat ride just to get to our camp site. That place is amazing. It’s a chain of lakes and you’ll need a map so you don’t get lost. When the fish aren’t biting you can go exploring. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

His twitter feed and the responses ("Lord heal him in Jesus Name Amen!") are something else.  The denial even in the middle of his panic and fear is wild.  He seemed to have opportunity to at least say "I messed up, folks, please get vaccinated...."

"Well, the scene shifts to heaven..."

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1