Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.

Parliament

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Point of order. Louis just liked to have chicks watch him beat off. I don't like it when he's lumped in with Cosby.

Yeah Louis CK was just a weirdo. Wasn’t right but to compare that to Cosby fucking women he immobilized is not the same ballpark. 

38 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I doubt that. Anything is possible but there is too much money involved. And that probably would only make things worse. 

Part of me thinks there's no way he lasts at Spotify and then I agree with you that dumping rogan will make shit a lot more hectic for the company. Tribal lines are drawn and everyone's snug in their corner. 

The Ivermectin period of rogan and the Weinstein twits was peak silliness. It'll be odd that he lasted through that and then a compilation video ends up being the straw. The other question is how aligned that ceo who wanted to stick to his guns and their board are. That apology video suggests there are opposing currents within the company. That was a strange video. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Point of order. Louis just liked to have chicks watch him beat off. I don't like it when he's lumped in with Cosby.

The problem with Louis was that he did that to a lot of women who worked for him. The implication, whether intended or not, was their compliance could affect their career. With less accomplished comedians they had to wonder whether he'd help their career or even worse retaliate and try to close doors for them. He might have let that implication linger while they pondered the decision. That's fucked up. I don't think he was the same level of predator as Cosby, but he should've just jacked off in front of people not at all related to his profession. Or just jack off and leave others out of it like a normal jack off er. Now I'm kink shaming. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Did Rogan really just nod along with genetics guy and not mention, say, the most recent world wars in Europe and, you know, that unfortunate accompanying genocide? Doesn’t Rogan still consider himself a comedian? I mean Norm McDonald managed to make it funny and poignant.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Did Rogan really just nod along with genetics guy and not mention, say, the most recent world wars in Europe and, you know, that unfortunate accompanying genocide? Doesn’t Rogan still consider himself a comedian? I mean Norm McDonald managed to make it funny and poignant.

Yeah you can tell what he believes by what he challenges and what he lets go, more so than who he has on. 

guest:  black people are monkeys that are genetically programmed to be violent. 

rogan: hmm. That’s interesting. 

Next guest:  miocarditis rate is higher in unvaxed Covid cases than in vaccinations for young males. 

That’s not true. Let’s look that up. 

producer looks it up and it’s true 

rogan:  well that’s not what I heard.  I don’t know if I can believe that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah you can tell what he believes by what he challenges and what he lets go, more so than who he has on. 

guest:  black people are monkeys that are genetically programmed to be violent. 

rogan: hmm. That’s interesting. 

Next guest:  miocarditis rate is higher in unvaxed Covid cases than in vaccinations for young males. 

That’s not true. Let’s look that up. 

producer looks it up and it’s true 

rogan:  well that’s not what I heard.  I don’t know if I can believe that. 

And if anyone doubts this, just watch that bullshit genetic nonsense and juxtapose it with Sanjay Gupta. Tell me that he's handling both conversations the same way and you're a fucking liar.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, MC Fresh Breath said:

You mean Fulci?

Totally unfamiliar with grindcore till following some of this up. Thought it sounded thrash punk. It's not easy on the ear, nor is it intended to be. I like the energy and wide open lyrics. Makes me smile to know it's out there in this sleepy world.

Stick Men with Ray Gun Christian Rat Attack, a great uncle to grindcore I would presume to assert:

It's focus is the money sought by religion.

Nuns in smocks

Preachers in black 

Dismember them all

Hack hack hack.

They said God created the Earth and the see

but if he's all powerful, why's he charging me?

It came off the Album Cottage Cheese from the LIps of Death. A collection of Texas hardcore punk from 1983. Faves include the above, I Hate My Job, and Dickhead.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

Turns out the ape expert was right and Rogaine was wrong - again.

Joe’s Venom starts at 5:37. And again she right. 

Shouting over someone for several minutes to relentlessly call her stupid and not ever give her a chance to even state a point is BIG BRAIN NEXT LEVEL THINKING. You just don’t understand it.

I mean, also, Rogan was buying into some bullshit that had been thoroughly explored, and explained, YEARS earlier. Yeah, that DO have DNA, Joe….and it showed that they were an already-known chimp species.

This is the “probing intellectual discourse” that the Rogan bros call “debate.” Never have 11 million fans pantsed themselves is quickly and completely.
  • Like 1

Maybe it already exists but someone could have a very successful YouTube channel solely devoted to refuting the latest Rogan video/podcast. Not only would you get anti-Rogan listeners/viewers, you would get Rogan fans. Not to mention that this channel could serve as a summary of the more controversial topics from each episode. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Also, find me one post that I've ever made about Russia being a worthwhile investigation. In fact, find a single post of mine in the shaggy or surly cloak rooms pre-Nov 4, 2020. Hint: you won't. Fuck your lazy ass for lumping me in with Hugo because it's convenient, and "But Russia!" is literally the only excuse that you shit heels have left to play to ignore the smoldering ruin of detestable morons that the GOP has become.

Don’t know you and don’t care about you enough to look at your past posts.  This board was Russia collusion 24-7 for three years.  Most of our resident lefties were all in.  

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

And to be clear: I’m not saying Rogan is a racist. I’m saying he’s a credulous dummy who falls for obviously stupid bullshit. 

If I was with a white person, and we got dropped off in a Black neighborhood, and he later described it as being in Africa/Planet of the Apes, I'm feeling pretty good that he's racist.

Like others have said, the N-word stuff could simply be him trying to push boundaries and make people uncomfortable, because he loves to do that (and comedians all love the Aristocrats jokes).

But comparing a Black neighborhood to Africa or Planet of the Apes on your podcast....

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I've been anti-Rogan since probably 2015/6 or so because that's when I remember him validating some of the dumbest and most obvious right-wing talking points  under the rubric of "Social Librul Just Asking Questions" while normalizing people like this piece of shit.

Ah yes, Gavin McInnes, the Proud Boys founder who proudly shoved a dildo up his ass while live-streaming to own the libs.

Also, I only sporadically saw Rogan's stuff on YT, and some of it was definitely entertaining, but when he was entertaining the idea that the Apollo landings were faked, it was then I realized how much of a dumbass he was.

42 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well even a Republican Senate intelligence committee said Russia meddled in the election, but you do you.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/senate-panel-finds-russia-interfered-in-the-2016-us-election

Russia has meddled in every election for about 100 years.  You know what collusion means?

34 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Russia has meddled in every election for about 100 years.  You know what collusion means?

Does collusion mean an easing of sanctions in exchange for dirt on your political opponents? What about sharing internal polling data with Russian operatives? What about taking a meeting in trump tower with Russian operatives?

”If it’s what you say it is, we would love it”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Don’t know you and don’t care about you enough to look at your past posts.  This board was Russia collusion 24-7 for three years.  Most of our resident lefties were all in.  

Thank God nobody from Trump's sphere got arrested, prosecuted or convicted of any shady Russia dealings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Turns out the ape expert was right and Rogaine was wrong - again.

Joe’s Venom starts at 5:37. And again she right. 

I've never watched his show. If this is typical, he's a sack of shit. He's the swaggering, drooling voice of the anti-intellectual. I honestly don't know how anyone could listen to such a jerk.

• Like 1

I can honestly say I’ve never listened to a second of his podcast.  I know some friends on both sides of the political aisle like him.  He seems like a meathead.  

I’m a Dan Carlin guy for podcasts.  Or entertainment.  My commute is about 6 minutes so only time I listen to podcasts are driving to and from south Texas or Colorado 

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

My white ass has the urge to go MAOA gene upside Fatboy's head.

Hey the peaceful non-Africans are here! Group hug!

spacer.png

OldAge-and-Slavery_Doddington.jpg

spacer.png

Belgian Congo Wikipedia

In the period from 1885 to 1908, many well-documented atrocities were perpetrated in the Congo Free State (today the Democratic Republic of the Congo) which, at the time, was a colony under the personal rule of King Leopold II of the Belgians. These atrocities were particularly associated with the labour policies used to collect natural rubber for export. Together with epidemic disease, famine, and a falling birth rate caused by these disruptions, the atrocities contributed to a sharp decline in the Congolese population. The magnitude of the population fall over the period is disputed, with modern estimates ranging from 1 million to 15 million.

spacer.png

To make up for the low production, troops began to use hands as currency – chopping them was a way of punishing workers who did not fulfill their quotas, and, at the same time, served to show that soldiers were doing their part in exerting pressure over the local population to ensure the fulfillment of these quotas.

I'm sure the native population of MAOA black bastards deserved this for all the times they did the same thing to the peaceful, farming white folks.

I'll go ahead and pre-empt any response about "Are you saying black people are all peaceful?!?!?"

No. I'm not writing that.

I've never watched his show. If this is typical, he's a sack of shit. He's the swaggering, drooling voice of the anti-intellectual. I honestly don't know how anyone could listen to such a jerk.

They listen because we live in a society where being an epic dick isn’t a negative, it’s a badge of honor and something to be emulated. World turned totally upside down.

Joe Rogan is a role model. An anti-intellectual meathead who believes the dumbest shit imaginable, disseminates it, and shouts down anyone with the gall to offer fact-based evidence contrary to his insane viewpoint…..is their hero. We are fucked not because we live in a world where Joe Rogan exists, but because we live in a world where he is a fucking “thought leader” to millions.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Rogan isn't a racist or a bad person - granted he's maybe had people like that on his podcast. He isn't the smartest dude and I think he's a bit naive and detached from certain aspects of society. What he's discovering now, however, is when you have thousands of free flowing, uncut hours of conversation with quite a few loose cannons and nut jobs in the mix there's always going to be stuff that can make you look bad. 

I think the most interesting aspect of this is what Spotify decides to do. They're seemingly going to lose millions of subscribers either way. 

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well in their minds, Obama being elected POTUS did cause this.

Ah yes the illegitimate election of the Kenyan born communist Muslim that worshipped at the altar of Saul Alinsky.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They listen because we live in a society where being an epic dick isn’t a negative, it’s a badge of honor and something to be emulated. World turned totally upside down.

Joe Rogan is a role model. An anti-intellectual meathead who believes the dumbest shit imaginable, disseminates it, and shouts down anyone with the gall to offer fact-based evidence contrary to his insane viewpoint…..is their hero. We are fucked not because we live in a world where Joe Rogan exists, but because we live in a world where he is a fucking “thought leader” to millions.

I admit to liking to hear him talk, not because of what he says, but he reminds me of my deceased uncle with his speech cadence and some of the verbal noises he makes.  I miss that guy.     My uncle was not a particularly bright guy either, but loved him all the same.  

I heard him talk a few times and he seemed like he was correct from time to time.  But the fame and money made him think he was somehow smarter and more informed than others.   

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Rogan isn't a racist or a bad person - granted he's maybe had people like that on his podcast. He isn't the smartest dude and I think he's a bit naive and detached from certain aspects of society. What he's discovering now, however, is when you have thousands of free flowing, uncut hours of conversation with quite a few loose cannons and nut jobs in the mix there's always going to be stuff that can make you look bad. 

I think the most interesting aspect of this is what Spotify decides to do. They're seemingly going to lose millions of subscribers either way. 

Agree that Spotify can't win here but they knew what they were getting into. They've already purged past episodes before, so presumably they weren't initially offended by the ones that were just purged the other day. Very odd.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree that Spotify can't win here but they knew what they were getting into.

I guess. I think they mainly chased the dollar signs and didn't consider something like this happening. 

They maybe SHOULD have foreseen it - just not sure they did. 

• immamac changed the title to Thing$ $till not going well for Joe Rogan, I $ee.