Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, DaggerHorns said:

$5 million is nothing. The #9 pick is something. Pure risk.

baseball draft picks aren’t counted on for immediate impact of any kind.  not anywhere near the risk of a top 10 pick in the NFL.  the astros didn’t sign the top overall pick a few years ago and I don’t think it hurt them too much.  

3 hours ago, futureman said:

baseball draft picks aren’t counted on for immediate impact of any kind.  not anywhere near the risk of a top 10 pick in the NFL.  the astros didn’t sign the top overall pick a few years ago and I don’t think it hurt them too much.  

They didn't sign Brady Aiken, the #1 overall pick in 2014, and were awarded the #2 overall pick the following year in compensation. They drafted Alex Bregman with that pick. They've signed Murray, which means if he gets hurt and can't play there is no compensation.

• Like 1

Can you imagine if he even tweaks a hammy or quad?  Can't see him wanting to play through any pain.  Or adversity.  Could be an operation shutdown type season.

OU has a great system for QBs though.  I suspect he will be good.  Kid has talent.  His teammates at aggy -- both baseball and football -- hated him.  When he was thinking about transferring, his football teammates told Sumlin that Murray should GTFO.

I am just not sold on Murray as being a difference maker at OU this year.  He is a great athlete with "potential", but as a freshman at aggy, he beat a very, very bad South Carolina team, lost to Auburn and beat an average Western Carolina team.  He did not face a murderer's row by any means.  He threw 3 interceptions against Auburn in the loss.  At aggy he had 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.  His longest completed pass at aggy was 26  yards.  He rode the pine a year at Oklahoma and then only started one game last year due to Mayfield's suspension.  I don't believe Orlando is too intimidated.  

6 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

I am just not sold on Murray as being a difference maker at OU this year.  He is a great athlete with "potential", but as a freshman at aggy, he beat a very, very bad South Carolina team, lost to Auburn and beat an average Western Carolina team.  He did not face a murderer's row by any means.  He threw 3 interceptions against Auburn in the loss.  At aggy he had 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.  His longest completed pass at aggy was 26  yards.  He rode the pine a year at Oklahoma and then only started one game last year due to Mayfield's suspension.  I don't believe Orlando is too intimidated.  

I might as well use his high school highlights as proof to why he will win a Heisman this year. It would be equally relevant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Is Murray still a squirt? Or now that he is in Norman I guess he is ten feet tall and bullet proof.  

Not sure about height and bulletproof but over time OU has made QB’s look a fuckload better than Aggy.  Hell, we all agree Baker is a no talent hack and he went number one.  

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not sure about height and bulletproof but over time OU has made QB’s look a fuckload better than Aggy.  Hell, we all agree Baker is a no talent hack and he went number one.  

I don’t think he’s a no talent hack. He’s certainly a fucking classless douchebag. Hope he’s caught AIDS by now. 

On 6/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, mdmost said:

So he plays for OU this year and goes to the MLB in 2019

Well, I, for one, can't wait until our diapered infant prodigy, Moro Ojomo, goes elbow deep into Spencer Rattler's plebeian ass. In football terms, not sex terms. So maybe Ojomo will sack him a couple of times.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Freakin' ESPN had an article with the Top 50 NCAA football players.  Murray was 38th.  You know, the backup... that's thrown 21 total passes. 

The list was really stupid in that 4 of the top 24 were Clemson defensive linemen.  Now, I'm all about Clemson having overwhelming talent and bitch slapping aggy all over the field, but c'mon.  Four of the top 24?  

It's all SEC, Clemson, and the Big 10.  Somehow Tee Higgins (Clemson), with 17 catches last year, is also in the Top 50.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Freakin' ESPN had an article with the Top 50 NCAA football players.  Murray was 38th.  You know, the backup... that's thrown 21 total passes. 

The list was really stupid in that 4 of the top 24 were Clemson defensive linemen.  Now, I'm all about Clemson having overwhelming talent and bitch slapping aggy all over the field, but c'mon.  Four of the top 24?  

It's all SEC, Clemson, and the Big 10.  Somehow Tee Higgins (Clemson), with 17 catches last year, is also in the Top 50.

we need to beat his ass into the ground.  hit him hard and often.   we must beat ou this year.  even if we win the next two we would be 4-6 against them this decade.  we were 4-6 against them last decade too.  this shit has got to get turned around now.  asap. and i mean immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know about savior, but aggy is not exactly the place to look for player development. Sumlin had no idea what he was doing. He beat the teams he beat by simply having better players. Totally wiffed on the greatest aggy of all time by not even winning their division. So what this kid did while enrolled there really doesn’t mean much.

He is now in year two of a system that has shown it can work if everyone does their job. Though I struggle with his ability to make the same throws that Mayfield did. 

I see him as a grab the snap, take a quick look, and run like hell kind of guy. Combine that with OU’s traditional sieve defense, and I don’t see them winning any of their tougher games, including us.