The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

39 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I assume that there's an engine break-in period, but if not, you should take the long way home through the canyons... 

500 miles. The engine has programmed breakin. The RPMs are lower kind of like an eco mode. At 500 mile mark the digital dash adjusts.  It’s suoooswd to rain here Sunday through Tuesday. So I’ll get some fun with her until Friday. Then dropping it off for tint. PPF and ceramic coating    I also have a Soler throttle controller being installed as well 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 2

I had to send the wife’s Cayenne Hybrid to the Stuttgart pasture. Made it to just shy of 800 miles and it’s crippled. Been in the shop for three months and they have zero clue how to fix it. First lemon law claim I’ve ever had to make and hopefully the last. What a damn headache. 

• Rage+1 3

Just now, Bert Orange said:

I had to send the wife’s Cayenne Hybrid to the Stuttgart pasture. Made it to just shy of 800 miles and it’s crippled. Been in the shop for three months and they have zero clue how to fix it. First lemon law claim I’ve ever had to make and hopefully the last. What a damn headache. 

Oof.  That sucks.  How difficult was getting the LL claim done?

Late to the party as usual.  I'm no speed demon but in high school I took my friend's dad's 450SL up to 120 on 360.  It was the late 80s and there were pretty much no stoplights on it, at all.  It was dumb and that seems to have gotten it out of my system, but for one shining moment, I was a golden god.

Edited by utee94
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

In my old Challenger T/A I hit 135 on a private airstrip that was temporarily shutdown.

I haven’t had another opportunity since to open up my challenger wide body scat.

Not a fan of excessive speed on public roads except on long stretches of desert roads

Quoting myself because I was talking about this to my buddy and it reminded me of my highschool days. Lol

Back in the early 90s when the toll road was and empty drag strip. I used to drop my quarter into the basket at a dead stop in my mustang, eclipse and prelude…. The eclipse I hit the limiter at 140 and the other 2 at around 125.

I do miss being one of probably 30 cars headed northbound on the toll road back then on the way to Jesuit. Lol

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Oof.  That sucks.  How difficult was getting the LL claim done?

Still going. They make it intentionally difficult. Documentation requests are endless. Am told we are two weeks away from an “offer”. Been going for two months consistently responding to neverending requests. 

16 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

She’s here!  Heading to Huntington Beach to get my beloved Charlotte 

72953818815__B0545C8D-D8A2-4E86-9B30-C211AF641419.jpeg

72953820063__EEBEBFCC-145C-429A-BBA1-2B8D64777521.jpeg

Car looks great but it also looks like it is in a stolen property recovery lot. Hopefully that is just the back of the dealer lot.

15 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I wonder how many more M2s BMW would sell if they used the M235 front end on them instead of the one that makes it look like a Lego car. 

I was hoping it would look like a mini M8, probably would've sold twice as many. Too bad Hyundai stole the best BMW designers, most of the the new BMW designs have looked like crap since.

4 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

Car looks great but it also looks like it is in a stolen property recovery lot. Hopefully that is just the back of the dealer lot.

Haha it is. Lol. The dealer sent these photos to me after they installed the scrape armor vents to protect the radiator behind the front bumper. 

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I tried to piggy back on this deal Ed got for his wife but they shut it down pretty quick. $7K for a one year lease on a e-tron GT RS I would have dumped the Benz and jumped on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3aDcXOOyu4/?igsh=NnhxOGFhbXVoOHo2

Is it shut down, or are they looking for more cars to do more?

I can finally stop worrying about all the treacherous terrain my wife (no pics) has to negotiate on the way to get hair, nails and Botox done.  
Never have been in love with these but it’s actually very nice.  Drives firm, sounds great and has plenty of power. 

IMG_0060.thumb.jpeg.3e907c7a2ff42053c4504ba20e349c9b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

10 hours ago, Atxracer said:

I can finally stop worrying about all the treacherous terrain my wife (no pics) has to negotiate on the way to get hair, nails and Botox done.  
Never have been in love with these but it’s actually very nice.  Drives firm, sounds great and has plenty of power. 

I really wanted a G Wagen for the longest time, and then one day I just didn't anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I really wanted a G Wagen for the longest time, and then one day I just didn't anymore.

For me, pretty much the exact same. I think it’s because it now has a stigma of a soccer mom grocery getter car.  For her, looked at everything in that class and nothing really jumped out. Several of them are the same damn car just with different fit and finishes.  I really like your 707 but she couldn’t get over the front end.  If money were no object, and I didn’t have a 4 y/o and a golden retriever that manufactures hair, the Cullinan is probably the baddest mf’er out there.  But, I guess it should be.  

On another note, my buddy just took delivery of a Grenadier.  No telling what kind of problems it will have due to its newness but it is absolutely bad ass. I’m in love.  Think they hit the mark on exactly what they were trying to build. One major downfall is it needs more power. But, that’s probably fixable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

or me, pretty much the exact same. I think it’s because it now has a stigma of a soccer mom grocery getter car.

Yeah, I think just the ubiquitousness of them now is probably the main thing. They used to be much more of a novelty.

Surprised she didn't like the front end of the Aston, to me they are by far the prettiest. Related funny story, my previous DBX had been here for about a week, and my wife had been griping about spending so much on a car, and she walked by tye front window, paused, and goes, "that is a damn good looking car". May be the biggest win of my marriage lol.

3 hours ago, Atxracer said:

If money were no object, and I didn’t have a 4 y/o and a golden retriever that manufactures hair, the Cullinan is probably the baddest mf’er out there.  

Let’s be honest, if you’re spending $200k on a grocery getter, money is not an object.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, G650 said:

Can you get a G Wagen for 200 these days

We’ve looked at several that were out the door under $200k. Wife was convinced that was what she wanted next, I finally said no. Most of my offices are in smaller towns and it felt like a little much for her to be showing up in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Brew said:

We’ve looked at several that were out the door under $200k. Wife was convinced that was what she wanted next, I finally said no. Most of my offices are in smaller towns and it felt like a little much for her to be showing up in.

Right on. I honestly haven't looked in ages, once I lost interest I quit paying attention, so I'm out of touch on them. They were probably like 125 the last time I checked.

On the plus side for atxracer, he saved some money over the 707 at least.

He’s looking for more cars but he’s also not offering the same deal any more now that a thousand Ed fans are calling him up. 
Yeah, i don't know what changed but it's now 10k instead of 7k for the year. Still a good deal, but not Ed's deal.

No 4x4 squared? I'm disappointed.
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:19 AM, Atxracer said:

On another note, my buddy just took delivery of a Grenadier.  No telling what kind of problems it will have due to its newness but it is absolutely bad ass. I’m in love.  Think they hit the mark on exactly what they were trying to build. One major downfall is it needs more power. But, that’s probably fixable.  

Saw one in Hearne today.  Had to take a second look. 

God this vette is fun. So much fun. A few downsides. 
500 miles to. Break it in is taking forever 

the way my back and knees are post military exiting the vehicle is fun 

and all the pussy getting thrown at me (ok the last one doesn’t happen because I’m a good christian man that doesn’t succumb to the flesh). Ok that’s also a lie.   Convertibles in Malibu is fun  

• Hook 'Em 3