2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

The problem with LL's post, and here, which I brought up earlier, is that your scenario makes perfect sense...except they're pulling money out of Florida and pouring it into PA, OH, MI, and MN. Shouldn't that be leaving half that money in FL and putting half of it in PA?  I don't understand using very limited resources on MI and MN at this point. That's what has be scratching my head. Otherwise that move makes sense. 

Because money is a lot more effective if you concentrate it.  Five million dollars isn't going to buy you shit in either Pennsylvania or Florida.  But you can actually get some ads out there with $10M in Pennsylvania.

Minnesota has been a head-scratcher for a while.  Their spending there is pretty de minimis.  But the fact that they're spending there at all remains strange.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

This just feels so much like 2016 when we were mocking trump for suddenly putting money into the upper Midwest and here we are again.  

This feels nothing like 2016.

I don't think we were mocking Trump for putting resources into the Upper Midwest.  He had to--that was one of his few possible paths to victory.  People in Michigan were screaming at Clinton to put more resources there.

And there was good reason.  The Michigan primary had already shown a massive polling error.  That polling error was driven by two things: (1) complacency on the part of Clinton's supporters (i.e., "well, if she's going to win, then I don't have to vote for her"); and (2) failure to weight based on education.  The polling error that happened in the Michigan primary manifested again in the general election because of the same two issues.

That polling error, moreover, was presaged by the district-level polls, which kept showing in rural and working-class districts that Clinton was polling at numbers far lower than one would extrapolate based on the statewide polling.  Those were huge warning flares in 2016.

Those warning flares aren't there in 2020.  If anything, the district-level polling says that Biden has a significantly larger lead than the national and state polling reflects.  And the things that led to the polling errors in Michigan and Wisconsin aren't present in 2020.

This is an Occum's Razor deal--Trump's campaign is out of money.  We know that.  And a campaign that is out of money has to pick and choose its battles.  And the obvious battle for Trump to pick is Pennsylvania in the hopes that Florida will take care of itself (as it often does for Republicans).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ouch, those interviews on NBC Nightly News just now from voters in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Most of them stated Trump fucked up covid but they are voting for him anyway because he did the best he could with what he had.  I'm not sure if that's a good sign or if that was just....

It's odd. 

I wonder if Trump is conflicted about robbing his own campaign to the point where he is low on available cash as his hopes fade.

Did he start stealing because he was sure he wouldn't need the money to be reelected (hubris)?

Or was it that he just couldn't keep his hands off of all that money (greed)?

His captains were stealing from the campaign. I think they were following the Donald's lead. His campaign started right after he took office. He had to have seen it as his best chance to pay off the hundreds of millions he owes.

It's another land mine for Donald to negotiate when he's turned out of office. It is increasingly untenable for him to stay in the United States.

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Ouch, those interviews on NBC Nightly News just now from voters in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Most of them stated Trump fucked up covid but they are voting for him anyway because he did the best he could with what he had.  I'm not sure if that's a good sign or if that was just....

It's odd. 

He could inject a man in the face with COVID in the middle of 5th avenue.....and he wouldn't lose any supporters.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the narrative of wholesale defection of Trump supporters.  Sure, there are anecdotal examples, but I just can't bring myself to believe that it's significant enough to matter.  Cults gonna cult.  Nobody wavered on their support for David Koresh when shit got objectively bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He could inject a man in the face with COVID in the middle of 5th avenue.....and he wouldn't lose any supporters.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the narrative of wholesale defection of Trump supporters.  Sure, there are anecdotal examples, but I just can't bring myself to believe that it's significant enough to matter.  Cults gonna cult.  Nobody wavered on their support for David Koresh when shit got objectively bad.

I agree to some limited degree.  I think there have been a sizable number of defections among seniors, because he's actively trying to kill them.  I mean, I don't mind if you shoot some man in the middle of Fifth Avenue.  But if you shoot me, that's another matter altogether.  But apart from that, his cult isn't abandoning him.

I think the real growth for Biden is in people who didn't vote in 2016 or who voted 3rd party.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The olds in my hood are sticking to trump like glue.

Yep.  Functionally all of his broken-brained chickens will come back to the roost when it comes ballot-casting time.  And maybe more -- the pushback of anger from the right is a real thing, and they have voters who are motivated as hell, too.  Get out of your echo chamber of Biden supporters, and realize that Trump has a path. It relies on angry fuckers who don't play by any sane rules, and will turn out at a 99% rate.

Interesting and potentially horrifying report about unrest after the election.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKBN27A0BB

Four in ten supporters of Biden, Trump would not accept election defeat: Reuters/Ipsos poll

(Reuters) - More than four in ten supporters of both President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, said they would not accept the result of the November election if their preferred candidate loses, Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

The survey, conducted from Oct. 13-20, shows 43% of Biden supporters would not accept a Trump victory, while 41% of Americans who want to re-elect Trump would not accept a win by Biden.

Smaller portions would take action to make their displeasure known: 22% of Biden supporters and 16% of Trump supporters said they would engage in street protests or even violence if their preferred candidate loses.

Spoiler

U.S. election officials are dealing with a series of challenges this year that have raised concerns about the public’s confidence in the result.

Top national security officials warned last week that Russia and Iran have been hacking into U.S. voting systems and looking for ways to undermine the election.

Trump also has repeatedly questioned the integrity of U.S. elections, arguing that the process is “rigged” against him and repeatedly asserting without evidence that the surge in mail-in voting this year will increase the likelihood of voter fraud. He has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if the vote count indicates he has lost.

Donald Green, a political scientist at Columbia University, said the poll results ease his concerns about post-election violence. But he warned that if the election is close, or one candidate can make a credible accusation of voter fraud, it could spark wider discontent and protests than the poll suggests.

“This is why many people who oppose Trump are holding their breath and hoping for a lopsided outcome that is not up for grabs,” Green said.

The latest Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Biden leads Trump by 8 percentage points nationally: 51% of likely voters say they are backing the Democratic challenger while 43% are voting for the president.

Biden also is ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan, but the race appears to be much closer in other battleground states including Pennsylvania, Florida, Arizona and North Carolina.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 2,649 American adults, including 1,039 who said they had voted for Trump or were planning to vote for him, and 1,153 who said they were similarly backing Biden.

The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of 4 percentage points.

Political division was bad before, and made infinitely worse by Trump fueling the culture wars. I fucking hate him, and would throw a can of soup at his big fucking (and balding) head.

Edited by Superhero
Forgot balding
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It's odd. 

Part of the death of expertise is the belief that competence doesn't matter.  No matter how shitty someone in power is at running the government, it doesn't matter.  Although, Hillary's emails definitely caused Benghazi. 

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Hide contents

U.S. election officials are dealing with a series of challenges this year that have raised concerns about the public’s confidence in the result.

Top national security officials warned last week that Russia and Iran have been hacking into U.S. voting systems and looking for ways to undermine the election.

Trump also has repeatedly questioned the integrity of U.S. elections, arguing that the process is “rigged” against him and repeatedly asserting without evidence that the surge in mail-in voting this year will increase the likelihood of voter fraud. He has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if the vote count indicates he has lost.

Donald Green, a political scientist at Columbia University, said the poll results ease his concerns about post-election violence. But he warned that if the election is close, or one candidate can make a credible accusation of voter fraud, it could spark wider discontent and protests than the poll suggests.

“This is why many people who oppose Trump are holding their breath and hoping for a lopsided outcome that is not up for grabs,” Green said.

The latest Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Biden leads Trump by 8 percentage points nationally: 51% of likely voters say they are backing the Democratic challenger while 43% are voting for the president.

Biden also is ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan, but the race appears to be much closer in other battleground states including Pennsylvania, Florida, Arizona and North Carolina.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 2,649 American adults, including 1,039 who said they had voted for Trump or were planning to vote for him, and 1,153 who said they were similarly backing Biden.

The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of 4 percentage points.

Political division was bad before, and made infinitely worse by Trump fueling the culture wars. I fucking hate him, and would throw a can of soup at his big fucking (and balding) head.

This is exactly what Putin wanted.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

we don't need defections for this to be a blowout. 

we need turnout.

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I wonder if Trump is conflicted about robbing his own campaign to the point where he is low on available cash as his hopes fade.

Did he start stealing because he was sure he wouldn't need the money to be reelected (hubris)?

Or was it that he just couldn't keep his hands off of all that money (greed)?

His captains were stealing from the campaign. I think they were following the Donald's lead. His campaign started right after he took office. He had to have seen it as his best chance to pay off the hundreds of millions he owes.

It's another land mine for Donald to negotiate when he's turned out of office. It is increasingly untenable for him to stay in the United States.

he'll be fine.  he'll start raising money again on jan 21st, 2021 for trump '24.  "they won a rigged election, but we're not gonna let them get away with it."

you think i'm fucking with you?

Alec Baldwin's 'Glengarry Glen Ross' Monologue Is Perfect — But Is It  Accurate? - The Ringer

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I said on another thread, but Pa, Mi and Wi are trending towards Ohio. No matter what happens this year Democrats have get their shit together here because as always, the future runs through Texas. 

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't know about this. Trump supporters are only about 40% of the GOP coalition. The rest support him because he wins. He's still got a plurality, but if he loses the election that destroys his brand for the others. 

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

This is exactly what Putin wanted.

In 2017 Michael Hayden did the keynote at an event where I also spoke  in a much smaller breakout session, but we were in the Green room together and spoke a bit. He essentially said that while Russian meddling was bad, what would be much worse was the US failing to retaliate, and instead to allow the faith in our institutions to be undermined. He said that Russia wasn't trying to join the big kids table, but to saw the legs off the big kids' chairs. He was right, I think. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I find OfDonald’s tendency to lean into the Fidel Castro fashion aesthetic really off-putting.

#BeBest

imagine the type of person who's undecided in this election, but spends time to go see melania fucking trump speak.  i'm just kidding, that person does not exist.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Reveal hidden contents

Man, wouldn't it be great if some piece of shit hadn't kept barraging people with the message that it was fine to not accept the outcomes of an American election?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

They need to get Bun B on that Golden Triangle + Houston Swing

Yeah (yeah), I'm back baby and better than I ever was (was)
I got the streets on fire, so forget a buzz 
I ain't trippin on SoundScan or BDS
Easy to find with or without your GPS 
And now we ridin, ask Biden (Biden) or Obama ('bama)
Go ask the hustlers, the gangsters (gangsters), ask your mama (mama)
And they'll tell ya the best that ever did it
Is still in here doin it, you can't fuck with it

- Bun B, Chuuch

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Oh, if they can waste their fucking time in Fort Bend, Abilene, and Corpus..they can sure as shit get a fucking bus with some also-rans down to McAllen-Edinburg and Harlingen.  Yeah, it's a few hours to/from Corpus but they could have baked it in for turnout inspiration considering how much time they're gonna burn in cities where an extra 9 Democrats may be inspired to get out and vote.  I see millions every single fucking cycle pour into GOP races in Texas from the RGV.  I'm pretty sure there's a handful of Democrat-leaning wallets and ballots to be had down there as well.  

28 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Biden/Harris TX Bus Tour starts tomorrow. Who do you guys think are the special guests??

Beto seems obvious, yeah? a Castro?

for a prize as big as TX...wonder if they'd send Pete? or maybe keeping his fire trained on FOX viewers... man, they have done an excellent job with the strategic deployment of surrogates. 

online game is also beautifully strong 😄 

very impressed with Biden's general election campaign. reminiscent of the Plouffe/Axelrod axis of success. hope that's an omen.

22 minutes ago, mchookem said:

for a prize as big as TX...wonder if they'd send Pete? or maybe keeping his fire trained on FOX viewers... man, they have done an excellent job with the strategic deployment of surrogates. 

very impressed with Biden's general election campaign. reminiscent of the Plouffe/Axelrod axis of success. hope that's an omen.

Yeah I've been telling my friends that Biden isn't getting enough credit for the campaign he's running. It's been a masterclass. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

You’re shooting way too low. 

The big reveal is actually Kinky Friedman.  Edit to say I had to check if he was still alive. 

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So I trade my (alleged) bubble for yours? I mean, "my bubble is better than your bubble" is the best argument you can make?

I mean, there's literally nothing in your post here of any value. Your misconception of my point of view reflects a near-religious devotion to your cause; the poorly-thought-out references to what I might gain in knowledge by joining your little doomsday cult ministry demonstrate how stupid I would be to do so. My God, you actually think your brain is involved, here, and that you're not the brainwashed cult follower that you actually are.

spacer.png

I mean shit... going with the Greg Davis angle? Even Syd here knows better than to kick THAT old dead horse, now.

Wrong.gif. You’ll never be able to completely wash away the stench of that shitacular decade of mindless obsequiousness to your false god Greg davis. And as a result, one could argue, you should always be considered a risk to re-enter a new cult to fill the gaping hole that chinless gargoyle has left in your heart. OR you could be prone to an over-correction. The paths available for you to be wrong are legion, sir. 

50 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

They need to get Bun B on that Golden Triangle + Houston Swing

I was hoping Cuban would come out for the Dallas stop, but since the AAC is being used as a polling station I don’t know if that would put the Democrats in hot water.

34 minutes ago, mchookem said:

I’d think Willie is somewhere along the way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wrong.gif. You’ll never be able to completely wash away the stench of that shitacular decade of mindless obsequiousness to your false god Greg davis. And as a result, one could argue, you should always be considered a risk to re-enter a new cult to fill the gaping hole that chinless gargoyle has left in your heart. OR you could be prone to an over-correction. The paths available for you to be wrong are legion, sir. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Maybe Beyoncé and Selena Gomez could come in and show up for their home state.

Between them they’ve only got about 400 million Instagram followers. 

isn't demi lovato from dallas or something?  she's got a few followers and a recent hit song about trump.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

"No tightening?  Why don't you lower your face and measure my sphincter, Nate!?!  I apologize for the outburst.  The next few days will be a test.  You didn't deserve that.  But I can tell you now that if I get 2016'd again, you son of a ... .  Again, sorry.  It's not your fault."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This post is so so funny. Charlie strong reference. Stupid people who are bad at politics. Some of your best work at

explaining shit. Bravo. 

Yep, Republican strategy of stopping the counting is like calling time out with 1:57 left up by 2 points on 4th and 20 when you are planning to punt.