2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, Tuco said:

That looks like bullshit to me.  There are no states that are actually counting who you voted for, and -fun fact - you don't register by party in Wisconsin.  There would be absolutely no way of knowing how many Republicans vs. Democrats are sending in their ballots. It looks like targetearly may be a data mining operation, so they may be trying to make some assumptions based on locations, or demographics.  But, more likely, it's click bait to gather information to help with their targeting.  According to one of the posts in that thread, Targetearly was banned from twitter after reposting some bullshit. 

That being said, there was a Madison State Journal article which had some pro-Trump implications in registrations, but even that is pretty inconclusive.  

Wisconsin State Journal from July

If you want an idea of how reliable or up-to-date that data is, it has Texas as having cast 516,195 votes. Travis? 249. Harris? 91,570. Tarrant? 31,961. 

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If you want an idea of how reliable or up-to-date that data is, it has Texas as having cast 516,195 votes. Travis? 249. Harris? 91,570. Tarrant? 31,961. 

Yeah, I looked at it a little more, and it was saying that 95.9% of the early votes were for Trump, in a county that he won 67.4% of the vote in 2016.  

I think this is strong evidence that Texags has some extremely gullible people on it. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

PLEASE FUCKING DIE YOU UGLY ASS TOAD.

remember the miserable Obama midterms?  It’s because of this fucker. This was before democrats were good at fundraising. 2010 and 2014 were terrible years for dems. We had no enthusiasm, no direction, and no strategy really. 

this fucker took advantage of it both times by donating over $100 Million + to the GOP. I really despise this man and want bad things to happen to him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

PLEASE FUCKING DIE YOU UGLY ASS TOAD.

remember the miserable Obama midterms?  It’s because of this fucker. This was before democrats were good at fundraising. 2010 and 2014 were terrible years for dems. We had no enthusiasm, no direction, and no strategy really. 

this fucker took advantage of it both times by donating over $100 Million + to the GOP. I really despise this man and want bad things to happen to him.

There probably should be a hard limit on how much any person or corporate entity can donate in any election cycle. 
how much support would I get for such a thing from a congress made up of people that need money for re-election in the next couple of years?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There probably should be a hard limit on how much any person or corporate entity can donate in any election cycle. 
how much support would I get for such a thing from a congress made up of people that need money for re-election in the next couple of years?

It doesn’t matter so long as conservatives control SCOTUS.

53 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

don't shoot the messenger, but there were charts and stuff on texags proclaiming this

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3126353/replies/57642653

looks like their data is coming from here:  https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/

Here's actual data from Wisconsin.  https://elections.wi.gov/index.php/node/7181.  Wisconsin doesn't register voters by party and that information is not known.  785,553 absentee ballots have been cast so far (approx 2.7 M votes total in the 2016 election).  Early voting doesn't start until October 20.

I'm not sure how you can read much into that, except to say that there were a shit ton of absentee ballots received in Dane and Milwaukee counties, which are the two most liberal counties (Madison and Milwaukee).   How that translates into final vote, who knows.  Maybe it's just that people in those areas got more absentee ballots due to Covid?

And anecdotally, I have family in Wisconsin, and the sense I get is that they are still royally pissed at the games the GOP played with the vote in the primary this summer, and also with trying to throw out votes a few weeks ago.  At the least, I'm sure there's a lot of enthusiasm on the dem side.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Rush Limbaugh today was openly appealing to his listeners to go vote. He must be worried.

Hannity did the same last night when I was flipping networks.  Hate to break it to them, but I think their listeners/watchers, are already voting and can’t help in the polls.  

56 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yeah, I looked at it a little more, and it was saying that 95.9% of the early votes were for Trump, in a county that he won 67.4% of the vote in 2016.  

I think this is strong evidence that Texags has some extremely gullible people on it. 

I don’t think you needed the data point to reach that conclusion. 

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A ton. They have the incumbency advantage. It would cripple the challenger in that situation. 

15 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Buddy of mine lives part of the year in northern Michigan.  He sent me this yesterday, said they are all over the place.  "When they go low, we go ..."  Yeah, fuck that.

IMG_9117.jpeg.0ef9aad80ff09a6aca4663443394e129.jpeg

Interesting. I was in Traverse City/Leland for about a week a few weeks back, and was really blown away by the numbers of Biden/Harris signs. Easily 3/1 over the Trump/Pence ones.... until we drove south and got past Cadillac

Edited by NWBuck

2 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Interesting. I was in Traverse City/Leland for about a week a few weeks back, and was really blown away by the numbers of Biden/Harris signs. Easily 3/1 over the Trump/Pence ones.... until we drove south and got past Cadillac

He's in Frankfort.  Not sure where pic was taken but he goes to Traverse City a lot.  Who knows maybe the militias finally got their stuff from the print shop.

5 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

The UP and far northern Michigan is completely full of the most hardcore right-wingers in the US.  People talk about the south being dense with them, but I think it's actually this part of the Michigan. 

1 minute ago, Mach 1 said:

He's in Frankfort.  Not sure where pic was taken but he goes to Traverse City a lot.  Who knows maybe the militias finally got their stuff from the print shop.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

The UP and far northern Michigan is completely full of the most hardcore right-wingers in the US.  People talk about the south being dense with them, but I think it's actually this part of the Michigan. 

Yup- that's what was so surprising.

My buddy said that the area we were in (near Lake Leelanau) was where a lot of new, "young" money had their vacation properties, and that this was a place where Chicago folks came to get away from it all.

A pretty good rule of thumb is if it comes from texags it’s almost definitely bullshit.
Seriously, why would y'all even entertain this?

Biden could well lose WI, be it legitimately or through nefarious means, but fucking texags isn't scooping that weeks early.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Look where the trigger guard is

Yeah, I see what you are referring to. Some bullpups have a mag release in that location. In the bullpup configuration the trigger guard would be obscured by the red line. The overall profile doesn't resemble anything I am familiar with in a bullpup configuration. The carry handle and front hand guards especially.  The butt stock looks close. Maybe they were patterning against and older firearm?  They clearly weren't go for the low hanging fruit of an AR or AK.  

Joe posting disinfo. Seems “potentially harmful”. Wonder if it’ll be taken down by the “fact checkers”. 

Hey troll, you’re supposedly in the medical field, so I’m calling on your experience and wisdom here.

Please offer your thoughts on the specific impacts of the Trump healthcare plan. Please be sure to address how it will affect people with preexisting conditions, handling the currently uninsured, cost controls, and drug availability and pricing. I remind you, the entire description of the plan released to date is, and I quote directly from the president, “it’ll be great.”

Please explain the details of “it’ll be great,” and cite the basis for any specifics you attribute to it.

You are in the field, so surely you are better equipped than most of us to understand it - so, educate us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1