2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

I put my ballot in the mail down at the post office yesterday. I used to send out a lot of personal mail. I'd imagine the individual letters hurtling towards their destinations, often the object of my affection at the time. Now, it's a fucking missile streaking to the target. My vision?

spacer.png

My soul?

spacer.png

I'd lay down my life for this woman.

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I've told you this many a time- not a ton and not to details. Macro trends- sure. General awareness?  Yeah.  Individual drill down and pay attention to whose cheating who and whose ratfucking who?  No, not at all. I pay more attention to politics than likely 80% of the population.  Most everything I get from political news is here or top 2 articles of the day on real clear politics- once a week or twice a month- except during elections when I read way more horse race stuff.  
You guys pay more attention than 98% of the population. It's why I'm better at the horserace shit and prognostication than a bunch of you guys.  

I think Bozo's point is why do you think Haley is able to put together Trump's coalition?  Or, failing that, do you see her as someone that has the ability to lose a few of the stakeholders but add others?

The most likely scenario is someone on the right is going to try to run as Trump's spiritual successor, not as an alternative.  Republicans have no fucking idea how to win fair elections at the moment because the shit that worked four years ago was a white swan level event. 

48 minutes ago, thepop said:

The only reason you think Haley hasn't been as bad as Cruz and Graham is because she hasn't been on TV as often. When she's had the opportunity, she's puckered up like the rest of them.

And that’s fair. But not being on TV as much with people having receipts on her gives her room to spin her own narrative in a way that Cruz can’t in 2024 if Trump gets rolled. 

32 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I think Bozo's point is why do you think Haley is able to put together Trump's coalition?  Or, failing that, do you see her as someone that has the ability to lose a few of the stakeholders but add others?

The most likely scenario is someone on the right is going to try to run as Trump's spiritual successor, not as an alternative.  Republicans have no fucking idea how to win fair elections at the moment because the shit that worked four years ago was a white swan level event. 

Darrell Issa served in Congress for 18 years.  He was pretty high-profile, and a known quantity.   He got run out of the 49th, and decided to carpetbag it over to Duncan Hunter's former district. 

Anyway, his signs read "Trump Conservative".    Motherfucker has more money than just about anybody, and an 18 year track record, and he's running as a "Trump Conservative".   I'm gonna laugh my ass off when he loses to the guy with the funny name. 

23 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I think the play is run as both?  At least that’s open to her. If you have 5 people trying to run as his spiritual successor that’s splitting a lot of the vote and leaving open the charge of “so why do we want to replay a losing hand again?”  
she can say- I’m conservative- when I was on his team we were winning in the middle east, and I’m a minority woman so we can pull maybe some voters that would have been philosophically with us but for Trumps racism/terrible optics around race. You’d have to finesse that last bit but that’s the broad strokes. 
again- I’m not saying it’s a winning hand- or she’s good- or it would work- what I’m saying is she’s a pick of mine to be in the top 5 running for the nomination. 
Of course in 2014 I bought lots of Scott Walker stock as a likely to do well in the nomination race so what the duck do I know. 

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Darrell Issa served in Congress for 18 years.  He was pretty high-profile, and a known quantity.   He got run out of the 49th, and decided to carpetbag it over to Duncan Hunter's former district. 

Anyway, his signs read "Trump Conservative".    Motherfucker has more money than just about anybody, and an 18 year track record, and he's running as a "Trump Conservative".   I'm gonna laugh my ass off when he loses to the guy with the funny name. 

And races like that and I’m 2022 will tell the tale of what the nomination fight looks like I’m 24 I hope. Or else I’m wrong and it’s let’s run back a losing and terrible hand again with Trump or another Trump. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you want to pick someone to be in your top 5 handicapping by all means go ahead.  WE can see if they get further than Haley. Even make a wager if you want to on the thing.

Get back to me on this. I think Haley could be in the top 5, but a gentlemanly wager on who can get higher  than Haley in 2024 is intriguing. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, G650 said:

Well, I don't , but I'm still generally fiscally conservative. I like to not have run away spending, military or otherwise. And highly prefer money going to infrastructure. And support single payer health care and guaranteed basic income.

And I'm socially super liberal. Without hyperbole, I'd let people tie up farm animals in the town square and hot chicks have donkey shows for the populace to see.

You've lost the PETA vote but you have the weirdo pervert vote firmly in hand.  Where do I send my campaign contribution?

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I heard Beto say on NPR that they need to send Joe. I think with all his get out the vote work that he should know what the campaign needs to do here in Texas. Sending Joe sends a big message to the state Republicans that our state is in play and that Joe isn't going to ignore Texas and it's issues just because it is a red state. They need to listen to him and send us Joe. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I heard Beto say on NPR that they need to send Joe. I think with all his get out the vote work that he should know what the campaign needs to do here in Texas. Sending Joe sends a big message to the state Republicans that our state is in play and that Joe isn't going to ignore Texas and it's issues just because it is a red state. They need to listen to him and send us Joe. 

Biden needs to visit Texas, arizona ( again), Georgia, Ohio, Iowa and then do the rust belt / Florida circuit the last week.

39 minutes ago, staboner said:

fucking money in American politics. half the country is going to be eating tree bark next month and we spend billons to message to a tiny faction of folks actually on the fence - to help them choose between my grandpa and the 7 deadly sins. just stupid AF and a sign of a society wildly out of control. but I guess we know that. party on homies. 

In a lot of ways I agree with what you are saying but two things:

1) I’m not going to tell someone else how to spend their money- spend it however makes you happy and 

2) I’m guessing if we boiled it down it’s something like what 4 billion for every race total? That works out to like a $10 Bill for every American. It’s not all that much money collectively to spend. We ain’t ending hunger or curing cancer or anything like that with the amount of money we are spending on politics. We can build like 4 or 5 yankee stadiums/cowboy stadiums with that kind of money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, staboner said:

fucking money in American politics. half the country is going to be eating tree bark next month and we spend billons to message to a tiny faction of folks actually on the fence - to help them choose between my grandpa and the 7 deadly sins. just stupid AF and a sign of a society wildly out of control. but I guess we know that. party on homies. 

Someone’s never had tree bark with jalapeño cream sauce.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biden campaign manager on Twitter tonight telling supporters the race is way closer than people on Twitter think it is.
voters need to treat it as such.
Well, yeah. A good football coach doesn't tell his team that they're going to win when they're up by 21 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
44 minutes ago, Pancho said:
Biden campaign manager on Twitter tonight telling supporters the race is way closer than people on Twitter think it is.
voters need to treat it as such.

Well, yeah. A good football coach doesn't tell his team that they're going to win when they're up by 21 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

especially when the other team has told you that they are going to cheat, right to your face, and you know that the refs are in the bag for them.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

is 4% bad? Because it seems bad. 

Holy fucking shit. Those numbers are amazing. I don’t know that I believe them, or else- if the are correct they are the outer bounds of what’s possible I think, but it’s probably in play. Wow. 

53 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

is 4% bad? Because it seems bad. 

And Texas was a Top 10 football team 3 weeks ago. It all means jack shit. At least 4 of those groups are historically known to talk big and then not vote. This year may or may not be different but I’ve believed that shit too many times to get burned again. I ain’t buying any poll until Nov 4. 

Edited by Your Mom
  • Hook 'Em 1

Can this fit on a banner or a billboard?
  • Haha 1