Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, Pods said:

He also actually believes that not only did Hillary take bribes through the Clinton Foundation in a Pay-For-Play, but that literally everyone else does it too. He's using that to justify his own behavior, but I think he's crazy enough to believe it.  

So he is an aggy. Starting to make more sense. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where are the Republicans?

Why aren’t they calling Trump out?

Republican Senator calls Trump out.

Immediately discredited and disregarded as politician doing politician things.

PATHETIC. 

I think there is substance to this. The "action speak louder than words" position is usually sound, but in this case the words are the action. Public criticism of your party's leader is solid action.

I will guess that the GOPs who turned on Nixon still voted largely GOP on everything other than Watergate. Those were different days, but it still took guts.

I don't know Flake one way or the other, but I admire his spoken objections to Trump's most dangerous traits.

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

At least they didn’t say that Trump cares more about black people than MLK Jr. That’s progress. 

Give it time. At the rate people are flattering Trump, we'll be here before you know it. 

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can disagree with him on policy and still like him for standing up for American principles.  It’s okay to do that.

Why don’t people get this?!?

He's not standing up for jack shit.  Guy is an empty suit media hog.  Just like 100% of all other elected officials.

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The real insincere ones are the guys like Ted Cruz or Lindsey Graham who called Trump the devil incarnate until they realized it was hurting their own popularity with the base, at which point they then immediately took it all back and became bootlickers.  

That's not a boot they are licking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Believe me, I have no problem with anyone in power calling out Trump.  It's just that I don't think the guy has earned my assumption that he's actually sincere.  I think it's a PR stunt.

The words are great.  The motivation?  Maybe not.

What difference does it make what his motivations are?

Doing the right thing is doing the right thing regardless of political ambitions.

The guy standing up for decency and respecting norms is really provocative.

That’s how far we’ve fallen.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What difference does it make what his motivations are?

Doing the right thing is doing the right thing regardless of political ambitions.

The guy standing up for decency and respecting norms is really provocative.

That’s how far we’ve fallen.

It's as if you didn't actually read what I wrote.  Unclench.

19 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

What is he even talking about?

His followers know exactly what he’s talking about. Deep State and all. 

Just wait until about 5 and a half months from now. Those will be the really juicy tweets, even if the Dems only get one chamber. 

Now that he has called off the NK summit, can he still get credit for the Peace Prize? I mean, he did absolutely nothing and nothing has happened. And he became President like that. 

I am happy he drew the line at calling Pence a name. We cannot have name calling like this in the diplomatic world. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Now that he has called off the NK summit, can he still get credit for the Peace Prize? I mean, he did absolutely nothing and nothing has happened. And he became President like that. 

Yes.  Bigly. Do you now understand how thinks work in Trumpmerica?  Have you not been paying attention?

He won.  Because reasons.  PEACE PRIZE!*

*Not that it means a whole lot, being that it was awarded to Obama for being "not Bush."  So, fuck it, hand one out, it don't make a shit.