Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That’s weird. It’s not like Trump supporters to fall for something so obviously fake.

The one on the right is fake.  How dare those 2 guys photoshop themselves over our President.  Stolen valor!  Plus, what kind of nerds wear helmets?

Edited by FondrenRoad

I'm honestly surprised aides get that much time:

https://www.axios.com/trumps-briefings-foreign-leaders-ab634083-4408-476c-9d6b-d62cc6906aeb.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Before meetings and calls with world leaders, President Trump receives briefings of only "about two minutes... and sometimes that gets cut by a bit," a recently departed White House official said today.

What they're saying: Fernando Cutz, who left the White House in April and served on the National Security Councils of both Trump and Barack Obama, said Obama would read detailed pre-briefs — highlighting key passages and scribbling notes in the margins — before an oral briefing ahead of such meeting. Not so for President Trump.

“If it was a 4-page briefing, we’d start at page 5 because you knew he’d read and digested everything in there," Cutz said of Obama.

With Trump, “we were given about 2 minutes to brief him before a visit. Sometimes that gets cut by a bit.”

Does that result in him saying things his team would rather he didn't? “All the time.” Cutz described Trump as "the most transparent president in history," though, because he says the same exact things in the room with leaders as he says in public.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I talked to a friend this weekend who grew up with Eric Trump. They were in each other's weddings.  Full disclosure: my friend and his wife HATE everything about the Trump presidency and are pretty liberal. 

I was shocked to hear him say that Eric and "Donny" weren't always huge douchebags.  Their dad wasn't around much in their formative years, and he said they were both decent guys through high school. But when Dotard needed them, they went all in for their father.  The main thing my friend was trying to convey was Eric and Don Jr. don't really believe anything they say. It's all part of the bullshit, disingenuous clown show that is a Trump presidency.  They willingly sold their souls, but they weren't inherently bad people like their father. 

Really shitty people can seem perfectly nice to people they consider to be their peers. 

• Like 1