Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What is the military going to do? Gun down a bunch of unarmed migrants on Mexican soil? What a photo op that would make. Or would they just help to apprehend any who cross the border illegally and submit them to processing like what the border patrol normally does? 

So fucking stupid. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process.

So, um, here's the legal process:

The Asylum Process

A foreign national who seeks asylum in the United States may do so either affirmatively or defensively.[4] An affirmative asylum seeker is physically present in the United States. This person must apply for asylum within one year of his arrival in the United States.[5] He may be undocumented, living in the United States without status, or may have entered the U.S. on a visa which will soon expire.[6]

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services reviews affirmative asylum claims through a non-adversarial interview with an asylum officer at one of eight offices nationwide. The affirmative asylum seeker requests asylum by completing an I-589 Application, which asks for personal information about the seeker and her family and for the grounds of asylum, whether she has ever experienced “harm or mistreatment or threats,” whether she “fears harm or mistreatment” if forced to return home, whether she’s been imprisoned or detained in countries outside of the United States and other questions.[7] By answering these questions, the asylum seeker can demonstrate that she is not barred from asylum for any of the reasons listed in the immigration laws.

After interviewing the applicant, the asylum officer may grant the asylum status or refer the applicant to immigration court for removal proceedings, where she may pursue the application for asylum before an immigration judge.

A defensive asylum applicant is a person who is apprehended after entering the United States at a border and applies for asylum while the threat of removal by the Department of Homeland Security looms.[8] An applicant must be in removal proceedings in immigration court to request asylum in this manner. The application is the same, but the asylum seeker must file his application with the immigration court with jurisdiction over the applicant’s case. The applicant must show that persecution is more probable than not if he is forced to return home.

So, like, um, exactly what they have indicated that they plan to do.

Oh, and remember when Trump said no, he won't tone it down, he'll "tone it up?"

A couple of days after a person says this, then murders 11 people:

“HIAS likes to bring invaders that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics. I’m going in.”

....the president of the US says "Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border."  That's how you "tone it up."

Trump -- HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES!

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What is the military going to do? Gun down a bunch of unarmed migrants on Mexican soil? What a photo op that would make. Or would they just help to apprehend any who cross the border illegally and submit them to processing like what the border patrol normally does? 

So fucking stupid. 

pretty much what i said to my wife.  we're sending troops down there to hand out water bottles and change diapers.

NY Times:  Most corrupt administration in history:

They don’t even try very hard to hide it.

President Trump, his family and more than a few of his appointees are using his presidency to enrich themselves. They are spending taxpayer dollars for their own benefit. They are accepting sweetheart deals from foreigners. And they are harnessing the power of the federal government on behalf of their businesses.

There’s a word for this: corruption.

Given how widespread Trumpian corruption has become, we thought it was time to make a list. It’s meant to be a definitive list of self-dealing by the president, his family, his staff or his friends — since he began running for president. To qualify, an incident needs to seem highly credible, even if it remains unresolved, and needs to involve making money.

Compiling the list made us understand why some historians believe Trump’s administration is the most corrupt since at least Warren Harding’s, of 1920s Teapot Dome fame. Trump administration officials and people close to them are brashly using power to amass perks and cash. They are betting that they can get away with it. So far, Congress has let them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/28/opinion/trump-administration-corruption-conflicts.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Kinda hard to blame the democrats for not trying to check Trump’s abuses of power.

Look what happened when they went hard to the paint with Kavanaugh, it nearly backfired and people actually think Kavanaugh was the real victim in that.

Just another example of how much is riding on this election. 

The power is supposed to reside with the people but when the person who gets the most votes loses to a guy who got millions fewer, I start to naturally question who is really in control.

The comparison between Trump here and Kavanaugh is not on point, imo. The Dems did a poor job with Kavanaugh, which once again points to their general political incompetence. And I think it didn't nearly backfire, it did backfire. 

The Dems can't help but trip over their own vaginas. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

pretty much what i said to my wife.  we're sending troops down there to hand out water bottles and change diapers.

Trump will use the fact that they can't be "tougher" with immigrants to boost his fearmongering. It'll be "I sent the troops but the Dems in Congress won't let them do what they're trained to do!!" repeated ad nauseam until he thinks he can get away with ordering them to fire on immigrants.

The irony of Trump posting about corruption after the New York Times doxxed his own corruption ------ point by point ------ is almost too delicious.  Especially the part about the thief.  Mind you, this is a man whose "university"  was forced to repay millions to taxpayers for stealing from them. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

So Trump is rewarding the neo-Nazi murderer by deploying additional troops to the border?  What will they do If some enterprising domestic terrorist shoots up a Catholic church involved in resettlement efforts?  Deploy even more troops?  Mine the border?

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump wants more shooters. Hell he said so himself. He wants the country to tear itself apart so he can be the leader of a rebuilt country that does nothing but worship trump. He wants this country to be just like North Korea. 

He wants more shooters so he can pretend to be the guy that keeps everyone safe.  

This will eventually lead to the justification of a police state and more government. 

This is authoritarian playbook 101. 

The democrats need to be careful here too because they can fall into the “we need more security” trap to score political points.  

We don’t need to give up anymore rights in the name of national security. 

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So after a terrible week in which 11 innocent Jews were murdered,  2 innocent elderly black people were murdered, CNN was the target of an attempted bombing, 13 politicians were the target of attempted murders ..... Trump denounces the news media.

The only thing he fixes is the reception in the broken brains of what was marginal, radical lonewolf terrorists that now think they are operating on orders from the Commander in Chief. 

Edited by Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The unity message almost lasted 30 minutes this weekend with Trump.  Maybe we can look to increase it to an hour after the next attempted ex-POTUS bombings or synagogue shooting.  Incremental steps.  [/sarcasm]

He’s been doing this from the beginning. 

He’s trying to provoke outrage and have the media attack him so he can say, “You see!  Look at how unfair the biased media is to me!”  His supporters will eat it up move closer to his side.

The propaganda boys will tell us how 90% of Trump’s media coverage is negative.  Never mind that 85% of the media’s coverage is correcting Trump’s lies...which is negative but not unfair.

and around and around we go. 

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t understand why people are waiting for hours at rallies to hear trump lie to them.

Your need to understand is not in your own best interests.  It's one of my wife's most commonly-uttered phrases:  "I just don't understand . . ." and then usually a lament on how one of our kids is getting mistreated.  The thing is, she has been clinically diagnosed with severe OCD, and she can't help it.  She literally obsesses on those things, and she will NEVER understand.

You will NEVER understand.  It's not quite the same, because my wife can't help cogitating over something that's easily explained -- kids are assholes.  You just WANT to understand.  But it's not understandable.  Trump's behavior does not conform to any societal norms, any logical standard, anything.  He will continue to be nothing but a reactionary shithead for the rest of your life.

I struggle with it, too.  Trying to "understand" it is a fool's errand.  Just do your best to stop.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this been posted yet?:

Another infrequently spoken about scam is the Trump's use of their charitable foundations to push donated funds to their own pockets via renting out their facilities and moving money between the foundations.  Perhaps it's totally legal but it rarely seems to show that any donation actually ended up helping someone.  Unless your last name was Trump.  It was more of a scheme to constantly move money around until all tax liabilities are zero or even negative.  And periodically take money from outside charitable individuals who fall for your lies.

One can only imagine what the Trump tax accountants could say...

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Another infrequently spoken about scam is the Trump's use of their charitable foundations to push donated funds to their own pockets via renting out their facilities and moving money between the foundations.  Perhaps it's totally legal but it rarely seems to show that any donation actually ended up helping someone.  Unless your last name was Trump.  It was more of a scheme to constantly move money around until all tax liabilities are zero or even negative.  And periodically take money from outside charitable individuals who fall for your lies.

One can only imagine what the Trump tax accountants could say...

There's actually an excellent Planet Money podcast episode, "#836: The 13th Hole" about a charity golf tournament on one of trump's courses where because of their fuckup, the insurance plan against a "win $1MM if you hit a hole in 1" promotion didn't have to pay out. So the guy who won the million sued the golf course (and trump by connection) and they paid off the business's lawsuit with tax-free charity money from the trump foundation. Definitely not legal. There's quite a bit of ethical and legal rot around trump, it's going to be quite the hangover once we're past this administration.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The appeal of Trump is he gives his supporters absolutism.  Whatever shortcomings or hardships they have in their lives isn’t their fault or responsibility.  It’s someone else’s fault.  It’s the democrats, the Deep State, the MSM, George Soros.  The Mexicans, Muslims, and Globalists are to blame and they believe it because the President of the United States says it’s true.

So they’re snowflakes.  Makes perfect sense. 

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

why, again, doesn't twitter shut this shit down? this is directly inciting violence. 

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I report his account every fucking day.  They won’t do shit, but it gives me a chuckle.

Think this through.  Think how Trump operates.

Now imagine how it would play politically and in right wing media if Trump was kicked off Twitter right before an election. 

Not the best idea. 

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Think this through.  Think how Trump operates.

Now imagine how it would play politically and in right wing media if Trump was kicked off Twitter right before an election. 

Not the best idea. 

Because letting him sling shit ever day has been working out so well?

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He wants more shooters so he can pretend to be the guy that keeps everyone safe.  

This will eventually lead to the justification of a police state and more government. 

This is authoritarian playbook 101. 

The democrats need to be careful here too because they can fall into the “we need more security” trap to score political points.  

We don’t need to give up anymore rights in the name of national security. 

Next 6 months are going to be rough.

Edited by triplehorn