Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, retread said:

DOTUS just happens to find himself in office at the end of this R&D cycle for NK. They have nukes, and they can potentially hit the US with them(?). NK can stand pat with what they have and now be considered a nuke-capable nation.

Un has gotten the better of him every step of the way. Trump threatens "fire and fury" like "the world has never seen before" if Un keeps testing. Un keeps testing. Trump does squat. Un continues to defy him and eventually drags Trump to the bargaining table. Un gets to look like America's peer. He'll keep his nukes, America won't threaten regime change.

Trump will achieve the status quo like many of us knew could be the only outcome. There's a reason the status quo has been the status quo for so long. There are no better options. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all wonder why I say this country is fucked.

Read the story above on TBN and CBN.

Then join me on the deck of the Titanic for a stiff drink.

Just imagine an America without Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

yeah, yeah, yeah, another would take it’s place but imagine how much less the polarization would be if these outlets were put on mute for just a year.

Obviously it’s our own damn fault for consuming their product but a man can dream.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-tweets-cnntv/index.html

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Sunday that it was inappropriate and a "double standard" to be asked about her husband's tweets, which have been critical of her boss, President Donald Trump.

Since last year, George Conway, a prominent attorney whom Trump considered nominating for solicitor general, has been posting and retweeting tweets that have been critical of the President.

Asked about her husband's social media activities, Kellyanne Conway told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union," "We're now going to talk about other people's spouses and significant others just because they either work at the White House or CNN? Are we going to do that? You just went there."

"By definition, spouses have a difference of opinion when one is, I don't know, draining the joint bank account to support things maybe the other disagrees with," she said. "This is a fascinating, cross-the-Rubicon moment and I will leave it at that."

Conway added that Bash's prompt "was meant to harass and embarrass" and suggested that she wouldn't have been asked that question if she were a man. 

"I would ask you that if you were a man and your wife ... a thousand percent I would," Bash responded. "It's not about that. It's about questioning -- publicly questioning what you are doing for a living and with regard to your boss."

"There are other family members of people who work at the White House who certainly don't support the President privately and publicly," Conway said. 

She continued: "There has been a different standard for me than there have been for other people. We bite our tongue plenty because I work for the people of this country, the United States government, and the presidency and the President of the United States, so there is plenty that I don't say." 

Last Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Conway used fired FBI Director James Comey's disclosure that his wife and daughters supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election as a way to target his own political leanings. 

"His people in his household wanted the other person to win," Conway said, referring to Clinton.

Shortly after Conway's interview on CNN aired, her husband retweeted a message from Maggie Haberman, the New York Times' chief White House correspondent, who has been a recent subject of the President's ire online.

The counties targeted by the Times of Northwest Indiana appear to be white flight suburbs of Chicago and Gary, IN. 

If the letter is authentic, this person obviously feels aggrieved because the racial homogeneity of his/her community is being tampered with by the "black/liberal" agenda. This letter is basically the Swann busing case through the lens (literally and figuratively) of the culture war. We are so over racism except we have people who are offended by pictures of black kids in white schools.

The past few pages have hosted a conversation on what happened in the 80s.   Part of that was the Moral Majority.   CBS did a program on that this morning, and how it affected race relations in the states. 

It's a good watch.   It meshes nicely with the article on The Church of the Donald

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/race-religion-resistance/

It brings up one example of how people are rising up.  https://www.poorpeoplescampaign.org/

It is interesting how the vagueness of the Bible can be used to prop up arguments on each end of the spectrum.   

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Yg_Oq_Ea_F.jpg

an_LRo_Mu.jpg

Letter is not a hoax.

Note the well written penmanship in a tear away folder and it was mailed in.  That tells me the write is likely over 65 years old and white.  Prolly a woman, too.  There's obviously some passion behind it, too.  They obviously pay attention to the racial makeup of the physical newspaper they read every day.  (Olds still read their local paper every day.)

I vote for 100% not a hoax.

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Demand an audience?  Who talks like that?

Olds.

Again, note the penmanship of the letter and the fact that it was torn out of a spiral notebook.  Then, it was cut out of the physical paper and then mailed in.  They obviously read the physical paper every day, too.  Definite passion behind this issue, as well.  Definitely over 70 years old.

Edited by Aqua Buddha

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Such a fucking hypocrite. Andrew McCabe's wife ran for the Senate and received a donation from the Governor and since he's a "Clinton ally" that's an indictment on McCabe's character, intentions, whatever. She's the one employing  the double standard here.

But she knows that. She knows it's bullshit. She's just shamelessly playing the game. We have to attack our political enemies so this is how we're going to do it. Sure, they're both Republicans, but let's see how we can connect them to Hillary or Obama because that's what works on our base. 

40 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Such a fucking hypocrite. Andrew McCabe's wife ran for the Senate and received a donation from the Governor and since he's a "Clinton ally" that's an indictment on McCabe's character, intentions, whatever. She's the one employing  the double standard here.

But she knows that. She knows it's bullshit. She's just shamelessly playing the game. We have to attack our political enemies so this is how we're going to do it. Sure, they're both Republicans, but let's see how we can connect them to Hillary or Obama because that's what works on our base. 

They point out how the WH used Comey's family's support of HRC against him as well.

Last Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Conway used fired FBI Director James Comey's disclosure that his wife and daughters supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election as a way to target his own political leanings.
"His people in his household wanted the other person to win," Conway said, referring to Clinton.

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

No tweets about the Waffle House shooting yet. Shocking. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Shooter must've been white. 

Ha. Not only was the shooter white, but he was disarmed by an unarmed black man. That doesn't fit the narrative at all. Trump won't touch that. 

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Letter is not a hoax.

Note the well written penmanship in a tear away folder and it was mailed in.  That tells me the write is likely over 65 years old and white.  Prolly a woman, too.  There's obviously some passion behind it, too.  They obviously pay attention to the racial makeup of the physical newspaper they read every day.  (Olds still read their local paper every day.)

I vote for 100% not a hoax.

I guess their thinking must be that if you don't acknowledge the supremacy of the white race and instead consider all races as equal, that makes you a racist. Is that it? 

Ha. Not only was the shooter white, but he was disarmed by an unarmed black man. That doesn't fit the narrative at all. Trump won't touch that. 

“Thug attacks man for exercising his second amendment right to bear arms!”

There, someone get that to Trump, and he’ll tweet it.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1