Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What's fascinating is that Captain bone spurs ----- a man who bragged about paying no taxes and about surviving his own private Vietnam in the discos of New York City during the 1970s and who insulted John McCain after McCain was a POW for 5+ years ------  has the audacity to lecture the rest of us regarding patriotism. 

Is it possible to add a levitating noose to Mount Rushmore?  I’d be totally in favor of that if his fat orange neck were in it.  

White House blames Eagles for cancellation of Super Bowl celebratory event

12:01 PM CT
  • Associated Press

The White House is blaming the Philadelphia Eagles for President Donald Trump's decision to cancel a planned White House event celebrating the team's Super Bowl championship.

EDITOR'S PICKS

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday in a statement that the Eagles notified the White House last Thursday that 81 individuals, including players, coaches and managers would be attending.

However, the team got back in touch with the White House late Friday and tried to reschedule, proposing a time when Trump would be overseas.

In the end, she says the Eagles offered to send "only a tiny handful of representatives" to the event, "while making clear that the great majority of players would not attend."

"In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans,'' Sanders said, prompting Trump to cancel.

Now it makes sense. It's about his hands. 

22 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I bet Trump is the kind of football fan who believes that if he was the coach, his guys would run the touchdown play every time they touched the ball. 

So your average season ticket holder on the west side of DKR.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What a mad range of discussion on the last page. The tragedy of starving millions. The farce of Trump and the NFL players.

It's almost as though America just bumbles along with nobody at the wheel. 

I don't care if it
Rains or freezes
As long as I've got my 
Plastic Jesus
Ridin' on the dashboard
Of my car
Through my trials
And tribulations
And my travels
Through the nation
With my plastic Jesus
I'll go far
Ridin' down the thoroughfare
With a nose up in the air
A wreck may be ahead
But he don't mind
Trouble comin'
He don't see
He just keeps his eye on me
And any other thing that lies behind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

I just can’t imagine how our history books will deal with him. If you’re going to tell one story of ineptitude, deceit or corruption, which of the hundreds do you choose? The act of sorting them from most-offensive to “Jesus Fucking Christ! He did that?!? AGAIN?!?” is a near impossible job.

Trump is generating a shit ton of work for future historians. Hell, there will probably be multiple specialties dedicated to Trump. Some will only focus on his political corruption, some on his illegal business activities and others on Trumpism. Forty years from now he might have as many documentaries as Hitler.

53 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What does this even mean?

It means he is pushing the false narrative that if every member of the team doesn't show up, none of them should show up, even though individuals have skipped these silly photo ops for decades.

51 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

It means that team team has indicated that they do not intend to be gracious guests.  Sending 4-10 players is not behaving graciously.  It's insulting.

Behaving Graciously? Are you fucking kidding me?

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:
I don't care if it
Rains or freezes
As long as I've got my 
Plastic Jesus
Ridin' on the dashboard
Of my car
Through my trials
And tribulations
And my travels
Through the nation
With my plastic Jesus
I'll go far
Ridin' down the thoroughfare
With a nose up in the air
A wreck may be ahead
But he don't mind
Trouble comin'
He don't see
He just keeps his eye on me
And any other thing that lies behind

Kinky at his best

41 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trump pisses on our living room rug daily and Tahoe gets offended when we have the audacity to notice it.  The word gracious and Donald Trump do not belong in the same sentence.  He is a disgrace to the office and does not deserve an ounce of respect from anyone because he has done nothing to earn it.

still baffled why anyone takes Tahoe seriously

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It means he is pushing the false narrative that if every member of the team doesn't show up, none of them should show up, even though individuals have skipped these silly photo ops for decades.

Pretty much this. Sure, the players get to meet the president but I think these championship team invites are more for whoever is occupying the White House at the time. It's the man in office that truly benefits from getting some of that "win" scent wafted over him.

46 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

8.our ambassador to Germany's interview this weekend.

What did he say?  Can somebody provide the quote?  From all the accounts it sounds like he is one reflex away from a seig heil. 

Edited by Anastasis

I don't blame any player that doesn't want to attend the Trump WH, from Brady last year, Correa from a few months ago to most of the Eagles today.  In some of the cases, Trump has openly bashed their fellow players/ teammates or in Correa's view ignored Puerto Rico's hurricane cleanup, so why go stand next to someone that is using you as a political tool.  

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

As a big supporter of the free enterprise system I fully support the owner's right to run the team as they see fit.  They can decide to support the players or produce a product for fans like me who want a show of respect for the flag and the anthem to be part of the product they sell.  If they don't provide a product I like I won't buy it, but I don't think they are obligated to provide a product I want.  The behavior of the players is between them and the owners.

Trump doesn't have any obligation to host the players at the White House, particularly if they don't plan to be gracious guests.  Trump did the thing which was in his interests, as he should.

Ok.  Link to evidence that they were not planning to be “gracious guests”?

58 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trump pisses on our living room rug daily and Tahoe gets offended when we have the audacity to notice it.  The word gracious and Donald Trump do not belong in the same sentence.  He is a disgrace to the office and does not deserve an ounce of respect from anyone because he has done nothing to earn it.

2fdf5e3b-a496-4b9e-9369-3bc8dcd886b8_scr

he thinks the carpet pissers did this?

• Like 1

What makes this country great is that no one is forced to stand to observe the flag or the anthem, but many do. And those that don't are freely allowed to choose not to.

If you change that, then the flag and the anthem don't represent what it used to. It represents something entirely different. And I wouldn't stand or cross my heart to show any shred of respect towards that something entirely different, either. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz, also, both lebron and steph curry said ain't neither team visiting the white house:

https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-and-steph-curry-say-neither-nba-finals-tea-1826574588

They’re doing it wrong.  If you want maximum PR impact, you accept the invite, fly out there on the appointed date, check into your hotel, and then do one of two things: (1) show up to the White House, and do some sort of protest to embarrass the President (start a chant; have T-shirts with slogans; etc.). or (2) don’t show up at the White House.  

Announcing ahead of time that you won’t accept the President’s invitation just ensures he won’t extend an invitation and no one remembers your message.  But protest at the White House or stand POTUS up with the media present, and your message goes viral. 

Steph and company should have showed up with the dude who saved those lives at a Waffle House and the parents of the girl murdered by that shitstain in Charlottesville plus a couple kids from the school shooting in Florida. Maybe bring Stormy Daniels as their date.

• Like 2

That's all fine and well but there's no fucking way Trump was ever going to invite the Warriors out there this year after they didn't go in 2017. And after Kerr has been so vocal about his thoughts on our dipshit in chief.

Our president is a small, petty man who makes small, petty gestures to appear strong to his ignorant fanbase of simpletons. The truth is abundantly clear  to anybody who actually gives a fuck.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What makes this country great is that no one is forced to stand to observe the flag or the anthem, but many do. And those that don't are freely allowed to choose not to.

If you change that, then the flag and the anthem don't represent what it used to. It represents something entirely different. And I wouldn't stand or cross my heart to show any shred of respect towards that something entirely different, either. 

The President should be the defender of someone that chooses to exercise their right to not stand for the anthem.  Doesn't mean he has to agree with it, but he should defend it.  After all his oath is preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the US.  The Constitution gives an American the right to spit on the flag if they choose.  If we outlaw that action, then we start to diminish the Constitution.  And once again, you can dislike and protect someone's right to do so at the same time.     

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The President should be the defender of someone that chooses to exercise their right to not stand for the anthem.  Doesn't mean he has to agree with it, but he should defend it.  After all his oath is preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the US.  The Constitution gives an American the right to spit on the flag if they choose.  If we outlaw that action, then we start to diminish the Constitution.  And once again, you can dislike and protect someone's right to do so at the same time.     

In theory, yes this is how it ought to be. However, Donald Trump took the oath which means he will do the opposite of whatever he swears he will do.

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That's all fine and well but there's no fucking way Trump was ever going to invite the Warriors out there this year after they didn't go in 2017. And after Kerr has been so vocal about his thoughts on our dipshit in chief.

Our president is a small, petty man who makes small, petty gestures to appear strong to his ignorant fanbase of simpletons. The truth is abundantly clear  to anybody who actually gives a fuck.

And I mean from practically day one, too. His campaign had just barely begun when he spent multiple entire news cycles railing about how he was going to destroy everyone at NBC for fucking with his off-brand beauty pageant. At the time I foolishly thought that was a sure sign of a candidate totally unable to stay on-message, unable to avoid flashing his glaring personality issues, and utterly doomed to failure on the big stage. I hope and hoped - oh how I hoped, that his whole campaign wouldn't crash and burn before I had the pleasure of watching him attempt to participate in a televised debate. And boy, he was every bit as bad as I had imagined. And he went on to do one thing after another that should have instantly and permanently doomed his political aspirations. But somehow we're in opposite land now, and none of it mattered.

Just now, Thermos H. Christ said:

And I mean from practically day one, too. His campaign had just barely begun when he spent multiple entire news cycles railing about how he was going to destroy everyone at NBC for fucking with his off-brand beauty pageant. At the time I foolishly thought that was a sure sign of a candidate totally unable to stay on-message, unable to avoid flashing his glaring personality issues, and utterly doomed to failure on the big stage. I hope and hoped - oh how I hoped, that his whole campaign wouldn't crash and burn before I had the pleasure of watching him attempt to participate in a televised debate. And boy, he was every bit as bad as I had imagined. And he went on to do one thing after another that should have instantly and permanently doomed his political aspirations. But somehow we're in opposite land now, and none of it mattered.

i remember when posters like escriva mocked me for calling the republican primary field a circus. and assuring me that there was no way that he republican party apparatus would allow donald fucking trump to be nominated. the circus is still in town, folks.