Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

51 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So you’d like for millions of people to lose their jobs in a recession?  To give them a wake up call?  Some patriot you are. 

Would it be more patriotic to hope that millions of people  lose their health care, in order to send a wake up call?  How about their children?

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

So you’d like for millions of people to lose their jobs in a recession?  To give them a wake up call?  Some patriot you are. 

I hope you realize that recessions are inevitable. We are, based on normal trends, past due for one. Trump's trade policies will certainly make the next recession come quicker and make it worse. People will lose jobs in a recession whether it starts in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or beyond. We can't prevent that from happening. 

You should also recognize that it is advantageous to Democrats if the next recession starts prior to the 2020 election. Hoping for that does not change the consequences of the recession, only the timing.

If you were really worried about people losing jobs in the next recession you should oppose Trump's trade policies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Do Something!

The oil companies have been through enough.  It's been a bad 3 years.  Half the people in industry lost their jobs without a government bailout.  Oil prices aren't even that high.  $80/barrel would be low end of the optimal price of oil.  Saudi's are trying to boost the price to get top dollar for the Saudi Aramco IPO but they started out trying to bankrupt US shale producers.  Ultimately,  it backfired because the Saudi's lost billions.  The reason all these arrests occurred in the kingdom was an attempt to clean up the corruption.  All related to the IPO.  It's a big deal.

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I thought that was the whole reason that Putin wanted Trump?  Clinton seemed to want to take a hard line on Syria and thus Russia. 

No, again, you have to be able to follow along at greater than first grade level. Russia doesn't give a shit who is in charge of the United States if they can sow discord and weaken the USA's standing globally. Trump offered an avenue to that end due to the nature of his support.

You truly are at a level way below what you believe yourself to be. Someone earlier mentioned Dunning-Kruger with respect to your posting history and it's quite appropriate.

Edited by Huckleberry

very few here are likely to accurately place their ability fairly with respect to what it actually is.  confidence paired with over shooting your pay grade are trademarks of many successful people.  

furthermore, on a UT website, the class of communication here is above that of many, many, other places.  we should be grade inflating instead of curving our general acceptance of posting here.

that is to say counter the arguments and give those that disagree with you a break with respect to the personal attacks and neg reps.  echo chamber sites have their place as well though.  

seems the post volume here has dropped with respect to the way things were historically.  (no official numbers to go off of and maybe that isn't a bad thing, and maybe people are still figuring out how to log on)

Just asking questions.

CNN)President Donald Trump last August asked several top foreign policy advisers about the possibility of invading Venezuela during a meeting about diplomatic sanctions the US was enacting on the autocratic government, a senior administration official familiar with the comments said.

Trump's aides, including then-national security adviser HR McMaster, vigorously urged him against the notion of a military invasion of Venezuela, warning him it could backfire and explaining that US allies in the region were firmly opposed to such drastic action. Taking military action against Venezuela would be a dramatic escalation of the US's so-far solely diplomatic and sanctions-focused response to the political and economic crisis roiling the South American country.
Still, the official with knowledge of Trump's private comments noted there was "no imminent plan for a military strike" and chalked the comments up to Trump thinking "out loud."
Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

The oil companies have been through enough.  It's been a bad 3 years.  Half the people in industry lost their jobs without a government bailout.  Oil prices aren't even that high.  $80/barrel would be low end of the optimal price of oil.  Saudi's are trying to boost the price to get top dollar for the Saudi Aramco IPO but they started out trying to bankrupt US shale producers.  Ultimately,  it backfired because the Saudi's lost billions.  The reason all these arrests occurred in the kingdom was an attempt to clean up the corruption.  All related to the IPO.  It's a big deal.

You’re kind of dumb, huh? See the post below yours for real reason 

6 hours ago, zork said:

Apparently the guy who did the hat snatching and drink throwing lost his (part time)job already.(in San Antonio)

Good.  As much as I hate Trump and his enablers, this idiot is just being a bully.  I doubt he's as 'brave' if they weren't a couple of obvious weaklings.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

Trump isn’t worried about the major oil producing states and losing repub votes.  Is Texas, Oklahoma and Alaska going to switch to blue over this?  Doubtful.  

EDIT:  I'm sure that we will soon hear Cornyn and Cruz publicly disagree with Trump.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

32 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Good.  As much as I hate Trump and his enablers, this idiot is just being a bully.  I doubt he's as 'brave' if they weren't a couple of obvious weaklings.

A good eye to eye "Fuck Trump" is sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

EDIT:  I'm sure that we will soon hear Cornyn and Cruz publicly disagree with Trump.

It will be difficult to discern anything Cruz says with Trump's cock and balls lodged all the way down his throat.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That is a very slight young man, but he should still stick up for himself.

Im curious what happened before the video starts.

I think there are at least 3 guys at the table. Filmer, drink-face, and stick-arms. Looks like filmer was in the middle, stick-arms was to filmer's right, and drink-face was to filmer's left.

Wearing MAGA hats is purposefully provocative. You do that to get a reaction, and I love it when this is the reaction the MAGA hat gets.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I hate that shit.  It's just fuel for the fire. 

I'm fine with public officials being confronted or even refused service.  They essentially signed up for it.  Stealing a MAGA hat and throw a drink in a private citizen's face?  It's battery, it's theft, and it serves no purpose other than an adrenaline rush for the perpetrator.

That said, those 3 pussies should have chased him down and at the very least gotten their stupid hat back.

One of the 'pussies', reportedly, btw,  was 16.  Still same advice?

This is some Nazi shit.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is creating a new task force. Its goal: to examine what they say are bad naturalization cases, according to Director L. Francis Cissna’s June announcement.

As a result, the organization expects to hire dozens of lawyers and immigration officers in the coming weeks to find U.S. citizens they say should not have been naturalized, to revoke their citizenship, and then eventually deport them.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/uscis-starting-denaturalization-task-force?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_content=sf90130835&utm_term=Page%3A+The+Takeaway&sf90130835=1

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Elizabeth Warren is a good human being.  You may not agree with her ideas, but she honestly wants to help working class Americans and advocates policies she believes will do that.  Trump, by contrast, promises the moon to the working class and then stabs them in the back in favor of the rich and the Russians.  

Being in Oklahoma for a few days, it’s not as surprising as I thought it would be as far as people voting against their own self-interest. These people would vote themselves out of a job as long as their team wins.

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Elizabeth Warren is a good human being.  You may not agree with her ideas, but she honestly wants to help working class Americans and advocates policies she believes will do that.  Trump, by contrast, promises the moon to the working class and then stabs them in the back in favor of the rich and the Russians.  

I believe this to be true, as well.  She's also pretty fucking smart and tends to know what she's talking about.  I just wish she didn't come off so, well, bitchy at times.  Also, I am a bit wary of the time she has spent up there in Boston.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Being in Oklahoma for a few days, it’s not as surprising as I thought it would be as far as people voting against their own self-interest. These people would vote themselves out of a job as long as their team wins.

Elizabeth Warren ="Good Okie"    Scott Pruitt = "Bad Okie"

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I hate that shit.  It's just fuel for the fire. 

I'm fine with public officials being confronted or even refused service.  They essentially signed up for it.  Stealing a MAGA hat and throw a drink in a private citizen's face?  It's battery, it's theft, and it serves no purpose other than an adrenaline rush for the perpetrator.

That said, those 3 pussies should have chased him down and at the very least gotten their stupid hat back.

I agree except for the last sentence. They would have been destroyed by that man. He's a bully who chose his victims carefully and fully intimidated them. I doubt he would have done it had he been throwing the drink into the face of someone who was his physical equal.

I won't condemn the victim in any case where overwhelming force induces them to do something that they don't want to do. It's a horrible thing to do to anyone in a civilized society.

For the record, I've spent my life as a big man immune to bullying. I could have been on the bullying end of this transaction, and I would hate myself for it.

Edited by RomaVicta

55 minutes ago, zork said:

One of the 'pussies', reportedly, btw,  was 16.  Still same advice?

I'm not sure there is an age in my life I was more willing to get in a fist fight then when I was 16. 

Edited by Lagunamadre
  • Like 1

I wonder if he knows where Venezuela is or how big it is. Trump likes the idea of being a war president (to use W's strange vernacular) with the whole country behind him in a nice bully job. 

He didn't invent this, of course. We'd hear the same thing we did leading to the Iraq invasion. We're deposing Hitler. We'll be hailed as liberators. Everybody loves it when an American army rolls through their country killing people.

Then we have another guerilla war on our hands where the neighboring countries don't want to get involved and the allies Trump has alienated sit the whole thing out. 

It's an American tradition!

Trump adds his mark through twitter.

Democrats don't support war. Don't want to WIN and MAGA. Fake news lying about the liberation. SAD! Do something!

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I wonder if he knows where Venezuela is or how big it is. Trump likes the idea of being a war president (to use W's strange vernacular) with the whole country behind him in a nice bully job. 

He didn't invent this, of course. We'd hear the same thing we did leading to the Iraq invasion. We're deposing Hitler. We'll be hailed as liberators. Everybody loves it when an American army rolls through their country killing people.

Then we have another guerilla war on our hands where the neighboring countries don't want to get involved and the allies Trump has alienated sit the whole thing out. 

It's an American tradition!

Trump adds his mark through twitter.

Democrats don't support war. Don't want to WIN and MAGA. Fake news lying about the liberation. SAD! Do something!

To be fair, if we are going to balloon our deficit for record military spending, we've got to get into a couple of wars. What's the point of having a Ferrari if you never take it out of the garage. Republicans love debt and war. 

• Like 1