Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

7 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

They say McRaven is obviously a liberal discrediting the POTUS and all respect and confidence they may have had for him is now gone.  And he has no one to blame but himself.  And if it is discovered McRaven is colluding to attempt a coup of a duly-elected POTUS, he will be arrested, tried, and hanged.  But it won't be discovered because if the liberals have reached the highest level of our elite commanders and IC, they have already reached the highest levels in the FBI and DOJ, including the 17 democrats already named by POTUS in his Twitter communications.

hqdefault.jpg

From the comments:

Scott Wilson
“Do you really know if Bin Laden is dead? Did you see a body, was there a DNA test? None of us know if he was killed or not, so don't think you do!”

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So he's gonna blame the ridiculous price tag on his completely unnecessary parade on his opponents.

He’s suggesting the cost may not be what has been publicized.  In other words, “ Fuck yo trap...”

30 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

How did some people look at David Koresh and think, yeah, that guy is the messiah?   How do some people learn about Xenu and think, yeah, that space overlord exists and lives in an electronic prison cave in the Pyranees and, 75 million years ago, brought billions of aliens to Earth, tied them to volcanoes, exploded them with atomic bombs, and caused their disembodied souls to attach to primative humans where they still torment us to this day?  

Trump is a con artist leading a cult.   There's no deeper explanation than that.  He found millions of rubes who were susceptible to a particular message and they'll support him through anything against all evidence. 

Or...

There’s the belief that no matter how crazy things get with Trump, and there is a hyper-overreaction by many on this front; it’s not possible to be worse than if his opponent had been elected.

The story has yet to be played out...

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

Or...

There’s the belief that no matter how crazy things get with Trump, and there is a hyper-overreaction by many on this front; it’s not possible to be worse than if his opponent had been elected.

Oh I get that it all sounds completely reasonable to you and many others.   That's the point. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

Or...

I think there is enough data points that show Trump is by far the worst President of the last 100 years (at least). Any other candidate from any modern election cycle would have been better than what we have. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I think there is enough data points that show Trump is by far the worst President of the last 100 years (at least). Any other candidate from any modern election cycle would have been better than what we have. 

It doesn’t feel nearly as terrible as the hysteria on this board makes it seem.  Seriously.

How has your life been negatively impacted?

7 hours ago, HornPhD said:

Those comments. JFC. As a former teacher and current education researcher, I am not surprised by the sheer stupidity of the average American. I'm down for moving my family to Europe or a tiny island in the South Pacific if Trump is re-elected. My kids are yellow but look brown, so they'd be high on the list for removal.

On a positive note, it may be a good chance to talk my wife into being a sister-wife.

My guess is they're not all Americans in a Fox News comment section.  My fav comments are those to discredit McRaven by tying him to anything Communist related.  That's sheer reflexive memory or they're tuning out Trump's love fest with Putin. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

That's Trump's fiscal policy on full display. Getting lambasted for a $90mm parade that even your supporters are turning against? Ok, cancel it. But let's go by some bitching jet fighters instead! So much for fiscal conservatism.

Although I'm laughing at the thought of him believing he can buy multiple fighter planes for $90mm.

maybe some nice tanks?

tanklift-thumb-570x370-122303.jpg

23 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Oh I get that it all sounds completely reasonable to you and many others.   That's the point. 

So what should be my concerns going forward, in your opinion?

Rights that I haven’t lost or taxes I haven’t paid?  Disliking Trump because he doesn’t act the way I think a President should?

What are the risks or measurable losses already?

Rights that I haven’t lost or taxes I haven’t paid?  Disliking Trump because he doesn’t act the way I think a President should?

hqdefault.jpg
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Maybe let's start with his human rights abuses and move right one into the lighter treasons... /Michael Bluthe

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, slorch said:

There are literally scores of threads on this board that address his every terrible policy in close detail.  People have even explained many of these things directly to you and you never even come close to grasping reality.    I might as well argue Xenu with a devout scientologist. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, slorch said:

Or...

3xgS.gif

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

It doesn’t feel nearly as terrible as the hysteria on this board makes it seem.  Seriously.

"It hasn't been bad for college educated white males yet" is not a great defense of the Trump administration.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, slorch said:

Or...

You mean the hyper-overreaction of that time when dotard ordered kids to be separated from their parents and put in cages and we all were hyper-NOTFUCKINGHAVINGTHATSHIT? or maybe when the courts ordered the donald to reunite the kids with their parents and set a timeline and there are STILL kids in those centers with the cages separated from their parents and the people who did it are so fucking lost in the sauce they have no idea how to unfuck yhe situation so they asked a non-government organization, the ACLU, to take over because they are somehow going to magically figure out what the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CANT?!

Is that the hyper-overreacting you are talking about? Or did you have something else in mind?

16 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I live in a country that was working to lead the world in providing equality to all, not only here but abroad. To slow or take away evil leaders who oppress their people in other countries. Now, we take babies from their mothers, we stop people from coming to the country because of their religion, we minimize the value of our allies and instead want to make allies with our enemies (who are still actively trying to undermine our values), and we equate the morals of concerned citizens with literal Nazi's.  Does that directly impact me as a white middle-class male? No, but indirectly, it absolutely does. And it impacts the the course of our country for decades which impacts my child. I implore you to tell me where I'm wrong. 

Yes, but Slorch hasn't himself been thrown into a camp, so fuck everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Some friends and former coworkers of mine have been seeing their work visas getting rescinded, causing them to have to sell their 300k+ house, pull their american citizen kid(s) out of school, and move their entire family back to india, despite working a $100K+ job running engineering and infrastructure for a retail company's website (not amazon). My friends are being hurt by trump. There are still over 500 children that were separated from their parents that the trump admin is doing NOTHING to put back together with their parents - they're even trying to defer that to the ACLU because they can't be bothered to do so. The stock market is great right now, but we are one bad event away from a major market correction - hell even just increasing the interest rate marginally may bring down this house of cards.

Our president is violating peoples 1st amendment rights in the form of firing them and going after their pension for speaking out against him - and you can't even hide behind the excuse that they were bad at their job BECAUSE TRUMP HIMSELF SAID THAT'S WHY THEY WERE FIRED!

I get that you probably have some latent syphilis from your time at tech that's slowing down the ol' graymatter, but you really need to pull your head out of your ass my dude.

One slight correction the stock market is artificially inflated at the moment due to the lower corporate tax and corporations are buying back stocks which props up their value. That's far and away not at all the same thing as a strong, robust, healthy economy or stock market.

I concur with the rest of the post though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

yes, yes it has.   So has yours, you're just too stupid to notice.

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

More jet fighters!

Who even uses the phrase "jet fighters?"  Is he quoting fucking "Rock the Casbah?"

....because if he is.....fuckin' a, he finally did something I can respect.

MV5BMmM0MDJhMjQtM2U0Yi00N2NjLWFlY2UtMTlm

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

That's Trump's fiscal policy on full display. Getting lambasted for a $90mm parade that even your supporters are turning against? Ok, cancel it. But let's go by some bitching jet fighters instead! So much for fiscal conservatism.

Although I'm laughing at the thought of him believing he can buy multiple fighter planes for $90mm.

He might be able to get one F-15E.  What a bargain!

gallery-1489517410-isthemilitarygettings

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

How much does he think a “jet fighter” costs, like a million a piece?

Well, when you factor in how he usually prices things: agree on a price, stiff the contractor, pay pennies on the dollar, it makes at least a little bit of sense.

• Like 1