Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

15 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Last nights rally, Trumps comments with people laughing at sexual assault, was a new low. Not only for Trump and his followers but also the Presidency. It will take months to get the stink cleaned up in the WH when he finally leaves office. 

Trump Disability GIF

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Its actually possible for a company based in Pennsylvania to own assets outside of Pennsylvania. Shocking, isn't it?

I am pretty sure he was just making a joke about the phrasing. Well, I hope he was joking.

But seriously, why so salty?

How do his poll numbers change? Who still changes their mind on Trump? You either dislike him or you support him blindly and nothing will ever change your mind. Who are these people who think "Ya know, I think I like him now. I didn't like his thoughts and actions against minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans....BUT oil prices have been good lately, so I think I like him now."

7 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

If only there wasn't an electoral college. The past two years would have been much, much more sane.

Nah, this needed to happen.  Trump just proved we're spoiled as fuck. 

If Trump was erroneously elected in Nigeria or Kenya, he would have be overthrown or run out of town already.  

We think our institutions and other branches of government are strong enough to protect us. 

They are not. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

How do his poll numbers change? Who still changes their mind on Trump? You either dislike him or you support him blindly and nothing will ever change your mind. Who are these people who think "Ya know, I think I like him now. I didn't like his thoughts and actions against minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans....BUT oil prices have been good lately, so I think I like him now."

There are a lot of people that don't pay close attention to politics or the news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTCzech III said:

Citizens Auxiliary Police

SubCommander Buck Gibner, unknown, Commander Jay Santos, SubCommander Sal Gleason, Maj. Elvis Newton

"Operation flare drop.  We get in formation and then we fan out.  No grabass."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theo Huxtable said:

If only there wasn't an electoral college. The past two years would have been much, much more sane.

No.  No they wouldn't have.  Imagine Hillary was elected.  With this current House and Senate makeup.  The number of congressional investigations that would be ongoing would be infinity, cubed, then doubled.

Articles of impeachment would already have been passed.  

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We think our institutions and other branches of government are strong enough to protect us. 

They are not. 

Indeed, they are not.  The only vexing part is that some of you still seem to think that they haven't ALREADY irrevocably failed.  They have.  We're at the end of Force 10 from Navarone.  The charges set inside the dam have gone off.  Y'all are looking at the dam, and saying "see, it didn't fail!"  Nope.  Be the British demolitions guy, smoking his pipe up on the ridge, watching and waiting.  "Wait for it..."

ImpracticalEvenDrafthorse-max-1mb.gif

I'm only going to excerpt part of this, but everyone should read it:

The artifacts that persist in my memory, the way a bright flash does when you close your eyes, are the photographs of lynchings. But it’s not the burned, mutilated bodies that stick with me. It’s the faces of the white men in the crowd. There’s the photo of the lynching of Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith in Indiana in 1930, in which a white man can be seen grinning at the camera as he tenderly holds the hand of his wife or girlfriend. There’s the undated photo from Duluth, Minnesota, in which grinning white men stand next to the mutilated, half-naked bodies of two men lashed to a post in the street—one of the white men is straining to get into the picture, his smile cutting from ear to ear. There’s the photo of a crowd of white men huddled behind the smoldering corpse of a man burned to death; one of them is wearing a smart suit, a fedora hat, and a bright smile.

Their names have mostly been lost to time. But these grinning men were someone’s brother, son, husband, father. They were human beings, people who took immense pleasure in the utter cruelty of torturing others to death—and were so proud of doing so that they posed for photographs with their handiwork, jostling to ensure they caught the eye of the lens, so that the world would know they’d been there. Their cruelty made them feel good, it made them feel proud, it made them feel happy. And it made them feel closer to one another.

The Trump era is such a whirlwind of cruelty that it can be hard to keep track. This week alone, the news broke that the Trump administration was seeking to ethnically cleanse more than 193,000 American children of immigrants whose temporary protected status had been revoked by the administration, that the Department of Homeland Security had lied about creating a database of children that would make it possible to unite them with the families the Trump administration had arbitrarily destroyed, that the White House was considering a blanket ban on visas for Chinese students, and that it would deny visas to the same-sex partners of foreign officials. At a rally in Mississippi, a crowd of Trump supporters cheered as the president mocked Christine Blasey Ford, the psychology professor who has said that Brett Kavanaugh, whom Trump has nominated to a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court, attempted to rape her when she was a teenager. “Lock her up!” they shouted.

Ford testified to the Senate, utilizing her professional expertise to describe the encounter, that one of the parts of the incident she remembered most was Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge laughing at her as Kavanaugh fumbled at her clothing. “Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter,” Ford said, referring to the part of the brain that processes emotion and memory, “the uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.” And then at Tuesday’s rally, the president made his supporters laugh at her.

Even those who believe that Ford fabricated her account, or was mistaken in its details, can see that the president’s mocking of her testimony renders all sexual-assault survivors collateral damage. Anyone afraid of coming forward, afraid that she would not be believed, can now look to the president to see her fears realized. Once malice is embraced as a virtue, it is impossible to contain.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  No they wouldn't have.  Imagine Hillary was elected.  With this current House and Senate makeup.  The number of congressional investigations that would be ongoing would be infinity, cubed, then doubled.

Articles of impeachment would already have been passed.  

If Hillary had been elected president--

No tax cuts. No children separated at the border. No (or at least fewer) evil, corrupt heads of the various federal agencies. No rapists nominated to Supreme Court. Articles of impeachment? Maybe, but no convictions in the Senate.

Not saying it would be a bed of roses, but it wouldn't be so bad.

15 hours ago, triplehorn said:

NYC Mayor de Blasio : "Looking to recoup"

"New York City will seek any taxes that President Donald Trump should have paid for money he received from his late father, Mayor Bill de Blasio said, following a New York Times report on the transactions.

“It’s clear to me that there are real ramifications right now to what has been disclosed, either potential violations of law, or in cases where the statute of limitations has ended that there may be very serious civil penalties that can be applied by both the state and the city,” de Blasio said Wednesday. “The city of New York is looking to recoup any money that Donald Trump owes the people of New York City, period.”

[...]

The state Finance Department said Tuesday that it would open an investigation into the allegations. The department had previously begun investigating the president’s charity, the Trump Foundation.

De Blasio said the city and state would work together on the new probe. Under New York and federal law, there’s no statute of limitations to pursue civil tax cases if authorities suspect an intent to evade taxes."

LOL, this needs to be emphasized.  They are going to go hard at fatboy.  He's basically up shit creek.  He will be tangled up fighting in court until he dies.  That would hopefully be sooner, rather than later, but at any rate, he's going to be constantly harassed.  Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole. 

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I know that if you turn in a tax cheat to the feds, you are entitled to some "reward". Does anybody know if that is true for NY state or NYC taxes? If so, would the NYT be getting paid?

You're talking whistleblower right?  Yes, you can depending on what they recoup.  That should be interesting.  Although, not nearly as interesting as Trump getting assfucked...

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, this needs to be emphasized.  They are going to go hard at fatboy.  He's basically up shit creek.  He will be tangled up fighting in court until he dies.  That would hopefully be sooner, rather than later, but at any rate, he's going to be constantly harassed.  Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole. 

Its going to get worse. Its going to go from tax cheating, to laundering money, to laundering god only knows what kind of money (mob, Russian mob, Putin's personal wealth, drug cartels...)

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

For those interested in this sort of thing:

There is a journalist/author named David Kay Johnson who was the tax writer for the NYT and other papers who has been know n Trump since the 80's.  Google him. He has a lot to say and he stays away from partisanship and deals with the money aspects.  He has a piece over at dcreport.org with a few highlights/praise of the NYT piece.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

You're talking whistleblower right?  Yes, you can depending on what they recoup.  That should be interesting.  Although, not nearly as interesting as Trump getting assfucked...

Yes, whistleblower. Even at the state or city level?

But yes, I agree, I will thoroughly enjoy DOTUS getting bent over until he dies in poverty. And seeing his spawn go down with him.

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Its going to get worse. Its going to go from tax cheating, to laundering money, to laundering god only knows what kind of money (mob, Russian mob, Putin's personal wealth, drug cartels...)

There's zero doubt about that.  Only this guy would be dumb enough to run for President with that many skeletons in his closet.  He will be glad was goaded into it by the NY elites who always made fun of him.  What a small, small man. 

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

..and I guarantee you Mueller has those tax returns.

Does anyone think that we would ever elect a president like John Quincy Adams again? 

I doubt it

When life's fair dream has passed away 
To three score years and ten, 
Before we turn again to clay 
The lot of mortal men, 
'Tis wise a backward eye to cast 
On life's revolving scene, 
With calmness to review the past 
And ask what we have been. 
The cradle and the mother's breast 
Have vanish'd from the mind, 
Of joys the sweetest and the best, 
Nor left a trace behind. 
Maternal tenderness and care 
Were lavished all in vain
Of bliss; whatever was our share 
No vestiges remain. 
Far distant, like a beacon light 
On ocean's boundless waste, 
A single spot appears in sight 
Yet indistinctly traced. 
Some mimic stage's thrilling, cry, 
Some agony of fear, 
Some painted wonder to the eye, 
Some trumpet to the ear. 
These are the first events of life 
That fasten on the brain, 
And through the world's incessant strife
Indelibly remain. 
They form the link with ages past 
From former worlds a gleam; 
With murky vapors overcast, 
The net-work of a dream.

Happy National Poetry Day

• Like 3

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Does anyone think that we would ever elect a president like John Quincy Adams again? 

I doubt it

Happy National Poetry Day

Beautiful poem.

After listening to Teddy Roosevelt’s voice, there’s no way in hell he would get elected today.  

Here’s a sample:

It’s insane how much media charisma is required to be successful in American politics. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beautiful poem.

After listening to Teddy Roosevelt’s voice, there’s no way in hell he would get elected today.  

Here’s a sample:

It’s insane how much media charisma is required to be successful in American politics. 

He would have adapted just like all of those old Vaudeville guys when TV came along.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beautiful poem.

Here’s a sample:

youre out of your goddamn mind! Teddy sounds AWESOME!