Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Maybe I’m splitting hairs here, but cruelty is not the point in the sense that it is not Trump’s ultimate end.  He isn’t cruel for cruelty’s sake.  His cruelty is a means to achieve his true end, which is admiration and heightened status.  Cruelty to others is just one way to do that, and it’s a favorite tactic of the narcissist.  Other means narcissists employ to achieve the same end are braggery, arrogance, exaggeration, and lying.

Maybe the best post in this entire thread. 

12 minutes ago, M12BH said:

Well this fucking sucks.  The Kavanaugh thing appears to be doing the opposite of what we had hoped.  "We're fucked" /Brisket

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/654015874/poll-amid-kavanaugh-confirmation-battle-democratic-enthusiasm-edge-evaporates

November is going to be very bad for Republicans no matter how enthusiastic they get.

Women are going in with no lube.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

November is going to be very bad for Republicans no matter how enthusiastic they get.

Women are also easily influenced by Russian propaganda

Edit. Just like the rest of America

Edited by cmontexas

25 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

May not make any difference if the Russians already have it in the bag... 

The Russians already won in 2016.  They built the infrastructure and playbook for the GOP to use themselves and they’ve been developing it.

The Russians would be foolish to fuck with midterms for a few reasons.

1. Mueller is watching and after he put the GRU’s shit on blast with the indictments, there’s no reason to orchestrate something like 2016.

2. America is weakened regardless of the outcome in 2018.  Dems take power and put Trump’s shit on blast isn’t great for the reputation of the United States but necessary IMO.  If GOP stays in power, it’s two more years of Trump shit sandwich.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russians already won in 2016.  They built the infrastructure and playbook for the GOP to use themselves and they’ve been developing it.

The Russians would be foolish to fuck with midterms for a few reasons.

1. Mueller is watching and after he put the GRU’s shit on blast with the indictments, there’s no reason to orchestrate something like 2016.

2. America is weakened regardless of the outcome in 2018.  Dems take power and put Trump’s shit on blast isn’t great for the reputation of the United States but necessary IMO.  If GOP stays in power, it’s two more years of Trump shit sandwich.

The indictment of Donald Trump Jr. is going to be really funny.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I have no confidence in women at all when it comes to this.  

I never thought they would vote for him in the first place and they did. 52% of white women.  If they were fine with Access Hollywood and all the other stuff, I suspect the majority of those WW will be fine with Kavanaugh and whatever else pops up.  

I'm hopeful about midterms but not confident.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Last nights rally, Trumps comments with people laughing at sexual assault, was a new low. Not only for Trump and his followers but also the Presidency. It will take months to get the stink cleaned up in the WH when he finally leaves office. 

Cheer up brah, there will be a new low soon.

• Like 2

This. Always. And yes, it’s a means to an end, but the means has become the end for 40% of Americans.

40% of Americans (more, likely) have a political belief system that is only satisfied if they get to see and enjoy others in pain. Sweet libtears and all that. Doesn’t matter that the policy is, so long as it hurts anyone who doesn’t follow the Trump party line.
Last nights rally, Trumps comments with people laughing at sexual assault, was a new low. Not only for Trump and his followers but also the Presidency. It will take months to get the stink cleaned up in the WH when he finally leaves office. 

Nope.
A generation, at least. 

Nope. Longer.
Eh, if that's the case, who really cares. America is finished.

Been telling you for almost two years. It ain’t exactly a secret. It’s as obvious as a giant turd in the middle of your dinner plate.

2 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Top Ten Changes
I'll Make in the
White House

(as read by George W. Bush)

From the home office in Crawford, Texas...

10. To save taxpayers dollars, calls to winning sports teams will be collect.

9. New rules in cabinet meetings: You can't talk till you ride the mechanical bull.

8. Goodbye, boring presidential radio address. Hello, "Dick Cheney spins the hits of the 80s, 90s and today."

7. Make sure White House library has lots of books with big print and pictures.

6. Just for fun, issue executive order commanding my brother Jeb to wash my car.

5. First day in office, my mother's face goes up on Mount Rushmore.

4. Look into hiring a security guard for our nuclear secrets.

3. Won't get sick on Japanese leaders like other President Bush I know.

2. Give Oval Office one heck of a scrubbing.

1. Tax relief for all Americans, except smart aleck talk-show hosts.

4 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Top Ten Changes
I'll Make in the
White House

9. New rules in cabinet meetings: You can't talk till you ride the mechanical bull.

8. Goodbye, boring presidential radio address. Hello, "Dick Cheney spins the hits of the 80s, 90s and today."

6. Just for fun, issue executive order commanding my brother Jeb to wash my car.

You and Mike Huckabee think this is funny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Top Ten Changes
I'll Make in the
White House

Fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:re:re:fwd:fwd

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Holy shit did Tahoe just quote something from like 20 years ago and think it’s relevant at all. Fucking old people, fucked up this country AND they aren’t funny. 

The fact that conservatives think stuff like that is funny is the only reason some hack like Steven Crowder can get away with falsely calling himself a "comedian."   

There should be a study on what in the brain blocks most right wing conservatives from possessing any creative talent in comedy and the arts in general.

NYC Mayor de Blasio : "Looking to recoup"

"New York City will seek any taxes that President Donald Trump should have paid for money he received from his late father, Mayor Bill de Blasio said, following a New York Times report on the transactions.

“It’s clear to me that there are real ramifications right now to what has been disclosed, either potential violations of law, or in cases where the statute of limitations has ended that there may be very serious civil penalties that can be applied by both the state and the city,” de Blasio said Wednesday. “The city of New York is looking to recoup any money that Donald Trump owes the people of New York City, period.”

[...]

The state Finance Department said Tuesday that it would open an investigation into the allegations. The department had previously begun investigating the president’s charity, the Trump Foundation.

De Blasio said the city and state would work together on the new probe. Under New York and federal law, there’s no statute of limitations to pursue civil tax cases if authorities suspect an intent to evade taxes."