Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

2 minutes ago, freyguy said:

So all this time, antifa are just incels who never got jobs, and live in their parent's basement, playing Fortnite.

Those two tweets were the best thing I have seen in a while.

3 minutes ago, freyguy said:

So all this time, antifa are just incels who never got jobs, and live in their parent's basement, playing Fortnite.

Antifa is the losers United Colors of Benetton.

Just think of it that way.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

My 91-year old U.S. Navy Submariner uncle suggested that on this Flag Day, we hoist our flags upside down to indicate a nation in distress/duress.  

He is also a regional Church Elder in the Lutheran Church for decades.  He was driven to his idea by seeing the Holy Bible being held upside down by a soul in distress.  

Musta been talking about the homeless preacher on his street corner in Florida.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

My 91-year old U.S. Navy Submariner uncle suggested that on this Flag Day, we hoist our flags upside down to indicate a nation in distress/duress.  

He is also a regional Church Elder in the Lutheran Church for decades.  He was driven to his idea by seeing the Holy Bible being held upside down by a soul in distress.  

I actually like that idea, but if executed I wonder how many ignorant people would freak out and cry that it’s unamerican.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I actually like that idea, but if executed I wonder how many ignorant people would freak out and cry that it’s unamerican.

they can take it up with the living men in my family who have served in every single armed conflict this nation has endured from WWII to modern-day Syria.  And everything in between.  They've earned the right to call it like they see it.  There are no weapons in my home, you'll have no problem seeing my upside down flag and coming to give me guff.  I'm not a DT tough-guy who talks about his guns.  The country is in peril because of a select few, truly exceptional stupid people. 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
Looters just hit one of my local wine and liquor stores. Fuck them.

ea6ccba558ed8ad42fc131b4a48494e6.jpg

Ftr: all companies with cutesy ampersand names need to be destroyed

I'm also behind destroying property that uses "at"

Oak & Barrell at the Dominion Prairie Preserve.

But that's it 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blacklab said:

18 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

There's a lot we can unpack about society in that video.

Seriously.....it's magical.  I actually LOL'd.  Couldn't be more LA tone-deaf perfect.

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Already discussed at our house.  That is the only way the flag will be displayed at our home for the foreseeable future.

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Already discussed at our house.  That is the only way the flag will be displayed at our home for the foreseeable future.

I actually don't know how to do it though.  We have a diagonal flag holder in this oak tree by our front porch.  I usually set it in there on a long pole so it's tilting at the appropriate angle kind of over our walkway but high enough so that should somebody walk up it to our front door, they won't walk through it, just slightly under it.  Anyway, I don't know how to actually hang it upside down.  I can flush the holder down so the pole rests horizontally, and the flag will as well.  it'll obviously sit lower to the ground, probably 3-4' off the ground.  People walking up the front door, which is rare these days save for Amazon deliveries would have to walk around it.  But my real issue is how do you raise a flag upside down that only has vertical rope holes on it?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I actually don't know how to do it though.  We have a diagonal flag holder in this oak tree by our front porch.  I usually set it in there on a long pole so it's tilting at the appropriate angle kind of over our walkway but high enough so that should somebody walk up it to our front door, they won't walk through it, just slightly under it.  Anyway, I don't know how to actually hang it upside down.  I can flush the holder down so the pole rests horizontally, and the flag will as well.  it'll obviously sit lower to the ground, probably 3-4' off the ground.  People walking up the front door, which is rare these days save for Amazon deliveries would have to walk around it.  But my real issue is how do you raise a flag upside down that only has vertical rope holes on it?  

I bet you can figure it out.  No way that flag is smarter than you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing earth shattering here but I was on a conference call with an attorney and we were bullshitting about the riots before the call started and she mentioned she did pro bono work at bail hearings, etc. during Baltimore riots several years ago of people that were arrested for looting.  She mentioned that while there were certainly a lot of flat out criminals trying to take advantage of the opportunity, she was surprised how many 'normal' people just for whatever reason were angry and caught up in the moment (and were ashamed and regretful).  I'm sure it's a lot of the same here. 

I wonder if the leaders of the peaceful protests that are condemning the destruction of property and looting are considering changing times (earlier in the day if not morning) and locations to try to weed out those that are hijacking the protest.  I'm sure some of that his already happening but one way to hopefully calm things down before law enforcement (military?) escalates further, because at some point there isn't going to be another choice.

Guest Lobo
12 minutes ago, huge said:

I bet you can figure it out.  No way that flag is smarter than you.

Well it would require two things---I punch holes on the far right side of the flag to correctly connect it to the pole/ropes; which I don't want to do because that teeters on flag desecration.  And then, the second part is you go fuck yourself for being such a constant source of disappointment to your family. 

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

Roll your eyes all you want.  Your guys were flipping out about "No Gestapo in Bastropo" a coupla years ago simply because some troops might do a training exercise nearby. So forgive me if you have shit for credibility on such matters.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Nothing earth shattering here but I was on a conference call with an attorney and we were bullshitting about the riots before the call started and she mentioned she did pro bono work at bail hearings, etc. during Baltimore riots several years ago of people that were arrested for looting.  She mentioned that while there were certainly a lot of flat out criminals trying to take advantage of the opportunity, she was surprised how many 'normal' people just for whatever reason were angry and caught up in the moment (and were ashamed and regretful).  I'm sure it's a lot of the same here. 

I wonder if the leaders of the peaceful protests that are condemning the destruction of property and looting are considering changing times (earlier in the day if not morning) and locations to try to weed out those that are hijacking the protest.  I'm sure some of that his already happening but one way to hopefully calm things down before law enforcement (military?) escalates further, because at some point there isn't going to be another choice.

I am sure that is the case in some places. The shit we saw up here last night, that was organized.  There was no protest or march.  These were gangs of youths.  They had lookouts and getaway cars.  People had seen them scoping out the neighborhood over the weekend.  Also, they did not hit all stores, only those with high resale value.  Fortunately, sounds like the fucker that got Goyard actually got caught (this happend at 2AM).  I would estimate that one store alone, looking at 100-200k of damage/merchandise.  

Fun fact, they were operating the distance acquisition out of the store (i.e. they were taking orders and processing them) during the store closure, so some of the debris on the streets were items people had paid for, that were packed and ready to be picked up by FEDEX.  

NYC is on an 8 PM curfew for the rest of the week (Just Announced).  Obviously, the curfew worked last night...

5c2.jpg

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Like 2

I do not know the answer to advocate for, it seems every potential solution has drawbacks for one group or another. I don’t even like using the term protestors in my comments because there is a clear distinction between all the shitheads and the people out just holding signs and marching and yelling.
Crying over spilled milk at this point and the cat is out of the bag, but clearly the actions of some cities has been better than others thus far. Enforcing the curfew aggressively, and separating the two groups would go a long way. 

There’s more to it than that. There’s the history and culture of the cities too, which is something you can’t change on demand during a crisis. Atlanta has a huge black population and as a result has had a long history of black mayors and blacks in positions of power in the city and state.

I want to be careful not to try and assume what Blake people think and feel because I’m as white as they come. But blacks have been represented in Atlanta leadership.

The riots have been largely peaceful here and the looting hasn’t been as bad elsewhere. There are peaceful protests happening in the suburbs today.

3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I agree with you more than I don't, for sure. Your communication style is just histrionic and obnoxious, is all. Be an adult and have conversations with other adults instead of flailing about like you are 17 all the time.

It's really distracting in all these threads where real discussion is needed and is happening, in my opinion, hence the eye roll.

Sorry that I actually see my country in legitimate distress.

I'm sure it could be worse.  The president could have eaten spicy mustard yesterday.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

It makes sense your second biggest idol in life is a shitty b-list actor posting as a superhero.  I wonder where else in your life you project that onto?  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

It makes sense your second biggest idol in life is a shitty b-list actor posting as a superhero.  I wonder where else in your life you project that onto?  

Iron Man posts here?  damn thats cool.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

There’s more to it than that. There’s the history and culture of the cities too, which is something you can’t change on demand during a crisis. Atlanta has a huge black population and as a result has had a long history of black mayors and blacks in positions of power in the city and state.

I want to be careful not to try and assume what Blake people think and feel because I’m as white as they come. But blacks have been represented in Atlanta leadership.

The riots have been largely peaceful here and the looting hasn’t been as bad elsewhere. There are peaceful protests happening in the suburbs today.

I draw the line at Blake people.  Fuck all of 'em!

8658931.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

C'mon now, he's a pretty good B-List actor.

You are seeing this in a couple of places. They get it.

Police in Fayetteville, North Carolina, made a surprising move Monday during a tense stand off with protesters seeking justice in the case of George Floyd, who died after being restrained by police in Minneapolis.

All 60-plus officers knelt before the marchers on Murchison Road.

Video of the moment had been viewed more than 14,000 times on Twitter and got 15,000 reactions on Facebook as of Tuesday morning.

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Cajun-------Yes, I suppose that's true.  I always thought Reagan was good enough to get up to the A-list studio list.  But nope, he traded that angst for a SAG leadership position.  And away he went.  I always loved that man.  /noCR.     csb/  my cousin was one of only a handful of non-family members invited to both Ronald and Nancy's private funerals.  But I once questioned the ability of a stupid man to shit on our constitution and I've been regularly banned from this site ever since.  I love being told what I have as a value set by people who've only recently discovered their enabler for ignorance.  

Guest Lobo
7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I draw the line at Blake people.  Fuck all of 'em!

8658931.jpg

Blake Griffin, Blake Gideon, Blake Shelton, Blake Jenner...et. al.    They can all go fuck themselves.  But Black Lively.  yeah...that girl's alright. 

Where's the video of the two little white twats spray painting BLM messaging on a Starbucks amid peaceful protectors. 

Black lady calls them out that "they" are going to get blamed for this destructive shit and that is not the message they are sending.  Two little paid fuck-wads scurry off to cause more scripted violence and damage elsewhere.