Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

Honestly, if they want people to go home at curfew just crank up the classical music. 7-eleven hasbeen doing it for a long time to drive away loiters. True stuff. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-06/homeless-7-eleven-franchise-classical-music%3f_amp=true

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

I coulda misheard but it sounded like mayor? Of LA just said you have to realize that it is very hard to convict a cop that has convicted a crime...wtf???

He did go on and say we need to change that, but seriously wtf...just treat them like a freakin citizen

Was on live feed of ABC news on youtube

Chicago has joined the chat. Protesters and police standing off around the Wrigley Building. And all I can think is, hey mdleast and I were just there last summer when we took a baseball/soccer trip. 
In other thread ...message board user...just posted a video of Chicago cops and protesters scrapping. Cops got the worst of it it appears

Shit is going down tonight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

In other thread ...message board user...just posted a video of Chicago cops and protesters scrapping. Cops got the worst of it it appears

Shit is going down tonight

Cops were saved from further insult -  like last night in Minneapolis -  by responsible protestors. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 2

Admittedly I've only scanned 2 or 3 pages. Can't read all this, 'cause I'm at work ... but I'm surprised there's not more talk here about the protests here in Austin - like blocking IH35 downtown. Someone also just told me that the Southpark Meadows Target was being looted, but I have not been able to verify. Any of y'all hear anything about that?

Edited by wood

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Admittedly I've only scanned 2 or 3 pages. Can't read all this, 'cause I'm at work ... but I'm surprised there's not more talk here about the protests here in Austin - like blocking IH35 downtown. Someone also just told me that the Southpark Meadows Target was being looted. Any of y'all hear anything about that?

Here you go. https://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/comments/gticl0/protesters_are_on_i35_nb_and_sb/

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Well damn. 

wouldn't rule 101 of abandoning your police vehicle be to take out the fucking weapons as you leave?  I was never in the military, but the DIA clearly said/trained if in the slight chance your vehicle is compromised on way in/out of a city...one needs to help by grabbing whatever they can.  If it looks American, take it with (computers, phones, weapons, documents, etc.).  

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Shit reminds me of the end of “Do the Right Thing”

Shit reminds me of the beginning of Independence Day. MOO (though it is being said and discussed elsewhere) the protests are very well coordinated in certain places—central source doing the coordinating. Just need the Jeff Goldblum “checkmate” gif from the movie. 

• Like 1

I’m guessing it has been mentioned, but Austin PD is using non lethal rounds and pepper spray on crowds right now. A guy I follow on Instagram is doing a live video right now and there a lot of shots fired. He is at the APD headquarters.

Same in Dallas earlier.....if anyone can verify just saw a tweet that Abbott activated the guard...seems kinda early for that kinda move as I haven't seen any violence/looting

Yup just saw it on a news feed....guard coming

I went to a "black" barber shop today in Austin and they were hardly talking about what was going on....  I don't know if that was b/c the white guy walked in.
I think most of the riots are from unemployment,unrest of being at home, Anita and other Anarchy factions..

Here's a basic idea for some fixes to modern police in America 

-cut down on the amount of officers admitted to academies that couldn't make the cut in the military 

-get back to 2 officers per vehicle, requiring audio and bodycams for full shift (I don't care if we catch audio of you taking a dump). 2 officers per car limits singular interaction, and multiple officers should be able to cop each other, and slow down hyper reaction by cops on their own.  

-not going to get ultra political, but unions are absolutely incapable of enforcing discipline in their ranks. Unions today create massive tax problems in the public job sector. They have forced police departments to become revenue centers for the behest of maintaining union retirement benefits. Eliminate the unions, up the raw pay, fire people incapable of doing their jobs, and things would get fixed rather quickly. Either that, or make the union retirement plans recoverable in George Floyd cases.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BNB said:
 I went to a "black" barber shop today in Austin and they were hardly talking about what was going on....  I don't know if that was b/c the white guy walked in.
I think most of the riots are from unemployment,unrest of being at home, Anita and other Anarchy factions..

Anita is a troublemaker. Fuck that bitch. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

-get back to 2 officers per vehicle, requiring audio and bodycams for full shift (I don't care if we catch audio of you taking a dump). 2 officers per car limits singular interaction, and multiple officers should be able to cop each other, and slow down hyper reaction by cops on their own.  

This for sure.

• Like 1