COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

24 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My 8YO has it now. My wife has been quarantined in the master suite. Is it okay for two positives to quarantine together or it best to keep them separate?

My 14YO and I are still negative and may have to head to a hotel.

Why couldn’t they be together? Of course they should. 

Have you considered just staying home and getting it over with? I’m assuming you and and the kid are vaccinated. Get a mild case, acquire super immunity. We’re all going to get it at least once. Might as well have it all be the same 10-15 day period. 

22 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Have you considered just staying home and getting it over with? I’m assuming you and and the kid are vaccinated. Get a mild case, acquire super immunity. We’re all going to get it at least once. Might as well have it all be the same 10-15 day period. 

This would be my thinking, and a great sales pitch to get the wife to have sex with you.

Why couldn’t they be together? Of course they should. 

Everyone is vaxxed. However I have heart issues and prefer not to gamble with it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I don’t know?  I didn’t think that fit into the equation of the story so didn’t ask.  If you are positive and vaccinated you are still a spreader.  

Ah, I interpreted your story to mean her employee tested positive, but that she herself was the one that went on vacation.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

Mrs. Brown is at the field hospital at the Travis County Expo Center getting the antibodies treatment. She texted that she’s surrounded by small town trumpkins that have had COVID twice. She’s the only vaccinated person there from what she’s seen. A lady is arguing about whether she needs the treatment. The nurse yelled “YOU’RE FAT AND DIABETIC. YOU WILL BE DEAD IF YOU DON’T GET IT.”

Give that nurse a raise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Girl I know runs a nursing home, had a employee test positive Thursday.  This weekend the employee evidently went on vacation to CC, post pics at bars, bbq joint, ect…

The nursing home employees would eventually smother the residents with a pillow, anyway.

My wife just got back. She was livid at the stupidity there. It’s amazing the medical staff hasn’t just closed the tent and burned it down with all those fucksticks inside.

She said there was some old guy in there bleeding everywhere. She has no idea why. He was screaming about his freedom and COVID was fake. A different nurse than the one above told him calmly “you may believe that but trust me, COVID doesn’t give a shit about your belief system.”

Those workers are about done and if they all just walk off the job, we deserve it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

23 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what we need is a hero who has nothing to lose who just goes to the tent and walks up to every idiot screaming Covid is fake, and just slap the ever living shit out of them.

1930s hysterical woman style. 

maybe if these morons get some physical pain they might be slapped back into reality 

We all should. Like this. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

My wife just got back. She was livid at the stupidity there. It’s amazing the medical staff hasn’t just closed the tent and burned it down with all those fucksticks inside.

She said there was some old guy in there bleeding everywhere. She has no idea why. He was screaming about his freedom and COVID was fake. A different nurse than the one above told him calmly “you may believe that but trust me, COVID doesn’t give a shit about your belief system.”

Those workers are about done and if they all just walk off the job, we deserve it.

About the field hospital/antibodies treatment- how did she get directed there? Did she need a prescription for the treatment? Is she strongly symptomatic?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

About the field hospital/antibodies treatment- how did she get directed there? Did she need a prescription for the treatment? Is she strongly symptomatic?

Not bad symptoms. Doc asked her if she wanted to do it and the put in the order to do it at that location.

I have been told that instead, go to Ally Health on Burnet. it's walk-in only. They'll do a COVID test and give you the antibodies infusion right then and there for a $20 copay.

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t know about regeneron specifically but monoclonal antibody therapy in general has a pretty high incidence of anaphylaxis. Like around 1% and if you are asthmatic maybe 3-5% so I don’t think I’m getting it unless I really feel like shit

I should be an expert in this since I worked for a company that was sold off to Amgen before Regeneron had its mouse, but I guess it was too long ago. I would assume that the risk for anaphylaxis is much much less for a human monoclonal than a non-human or humanized monoclonal. Also, the risk should be a lot less for a one time administration vs. multiple administration product. With that said, Regeneron is recommended only for early stage disease not just because of efficacy but because of the immune system cascade that happens when further along in disease progression.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t know about regeneron specifically but monoclonal antibody therapy in general has a pretty high incidence of anaphylaxis. Like around 1% and if you are asthmatic maybe 3-5% so I don’t think I’m getting it unless I really feel like shit

Where'd you learn this?

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I should be an expert in this since I worked for a company that was sold off to Amgen before Regeneron had its mouse, but I guess it was too long ago. I would assume that the risk for anaphylaxis is much much less for a human monoclonal than a non-human or humanized monoclonal. Also, the risk should be a lot less for a one time administration vs. multiple administration product. With that said, Regeneron is recommended only for early stage disease not just because of efficacy but because of the immune system cascade that happens when further along in disease progression.

Article on the subject:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3827071/

• Hook 'Em 1