Fallout (TV Show) - Amazon prime

MillerEP

Just finished the season. I've never played the games, knew nothing about the story, but was hooked after the first episode. Fun season of television. I loved all of the cameos like Matt Berry and Mykelti Williamson (good to see the Elstin Limehouse and Boyd Crowder reunion), but my favorite was 

Spoiler

Fred Armisen as the radio DJ

On a side note, when I become supreme ruler of the world, I am going to decree that Walton Goggins, Jon Bernthal, and the hottie from Shogun all must star in any show that is made.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Just finished the season. I've never played the games, knew nothing about the story, but was hooked after the first episode. Fun season of television. I loved all of the cameos like Matt Berry and Mykelti Williamson (good to see the Elstin Limehouse and Boyd Crowder reunion), but my favorite was 

Reveal hidden contents

Fred Armisen as the radio DJ

On a side note, when I become supreme ruler of the world, I am going to decree that Walton Goggins, Jon Bernthal, and the hottie from Shogun all must star in any show that is made.

Thankfully that's already a law with Bernthal 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/12/2024 at 5:16 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Ella Purnell is a very attractive young lady.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:57 AM, Buzzrock said:

She has crazy big eyes. They almost look cgi enhanced.

Makeup around the eyes help it.

Her real accent is lovely

• Drool 1

Bethesda added some Fallout tvshow characters to their mobile game, so you can see their SPECIAL stats

https://kotaku.com/fallout-show-amazon-prime-character-special-stats-lucy-1851411135

Lucy MacLean:

Strength-4

Perception-7

Endurance-6

Charisma-5

Intelligence-6

Agility-5

Luck- 7

The Ghoul:

Strength-5

Perception-6

Endurance-7

Charisma-7

Intelligence-4

Agility-7

Luck-4

Maximus:

Strength-7

Perception-6

Endurance-6

Charisma-5

Intelligence-4

Agility-7

Luck-5

Ma June:

Strength-5

Perception-7

Endurance-5

Charisma-7

Intelligence-6

Agility-4

Luck-6

• Haha 1

Ella Purnell is in Yellowjackets, which is fantastic. I had no idea she was British until someone posted it upthread. With her American accent she sounds like Emma Stone.

I'm only in episode 4 but I loved the Matt Berry cameo. I would listen to that man read the goddamn phone book.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Now I'm going to have to rewatch just to find all the cameos. I spotted some like Armisen and Rapaport, but it sounds like I missed more than I spotted.

Edited by RPM

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i thought she was january jones in ep 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

January Jones is 46. Y'all really need to account better for aging now that you're old(er).

Great show. Soundtrack quickly became cliche. Set up some good cliffhangers.

• Haha 1

Just finished it thought it was great.  Never touched the video games.  A couple of questions spoilered below.

Spoiler

Ghouls just live forever and as long as they consume drugs they stay normal and not zombies?

How is Moldaver still alive if she was alive before the war?

36 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Just finished it thought it was great.  Never touched the video games.  A couple of questions spoilered below.

Hide contents

Ghouls just live forever and as long as they consume drugs they stay normal and not zombies?

Spoiler

These answers are based on the games, which the show isn't following 100%

Ghouls have an extended lifespan, due to constant regeneration from radiation exposure. Ghouls turn "feral" when they stop having normal human brain functions, but the game is vague about the direct cause. In the show, "The Ghoul" needs constant doses of specific medication to keep from turning feral, which is something the writers made up.

Moldaver was most likely chilled in a cryosleep pod, like the ones shown in Vault 31. Anyone in the show who is much too old to be alive, but not a mutant/ghoul, was probably in a cryosleep pod prior to the war.

Spoiler

Pretty much. The drug thing is new, but it appears to maybe just be radaway (an anti-radiation drug prevalent in the games). It just prevents them from going feral.

On the second point, my guess she got into a cryo chamber in one of the vaults. Either in vault 31 or possibly elsewhere (this concept also exists in Fallout 4 the game, in vault 111 where you start out).

On 4/15/2024 at 7:53 PM, Celery Man said:

Fucking yes, knew I recognized this voice

Shadowsfx GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

I said the same thing to my husband, I knew that voice from somewhere! We don't play the games but we binged the show.

We plowed thru it last night and this afternoon. Best thing Amazon’s had in a while. Has S2 been announced?

The whole community in a bomb shelter thing is interesting. As a kid I remember door to door bomb shelter peddlers. My old man would run em off. I remember him saying a couple of times he didn’t want to sit in the ground for years nor come out into what the world would be.

I didn’t really understand why 31, 32, 33 were seemingly right next to each other but operated as independent separate entities.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

We plowed thru it last night and this afternoon. Best thing Amazon’s had in a while. Has S2 been announced?

The whole community in a bomb shelter thing is interesting. As a kid I remember door to door bomb shelter peddlers. My old man would run em off. I remember him saying a couple of times he didn’t want to sit in the ground for years nor come out into what the world would be.

I didn’t really understand why 31, 32, 33 were seemingly right next to each other but operated as independent separate entities.

Spoiler

The gist of the story is that while some of the vaults were actual shelters designed to repopulate the earth at some point the story writers went off the deep end with the dystopian future where vault tec were just crazy bastards who made most of the vaults into social experiments, I blame fallout 3 writers who made almost all the vaults into joke encounters. The original story in fallout 1 was your vaults water chip broke and you had to do out and find a replacement which then got retconned into your water chip being designed to break. And Vaults being populated with 1 man and 99 women and vice versa. Vault 31-33 was another social experiment with connected but separate communities. And 2 of them having designed flaws

Edited by Michael Knight

9 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Spoiler

It wasn't explicitly explained.  The triad vaults were designed to be a breeding farm for the cryogenically frozen denizens of vault 31.  I can only guess that Budd designed it this way to have a backup vault if one of the vaults had a problem (which did actually happen in vault 32).  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

in the games, I love going through vaults and figuring out just wtf was going on in there. Skeletons surrounded by ammo with a note to a girlfriend, computer terminal entries, insane clones, etc. I’m gonna start FO4 again

• Hook 'Em 1