Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

Ricky's one-hitter

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

What primary challenges? Does he really think an anti-military platform is going to unseat an incumbent in a Republican primary?

Or is he of the mindset that changing a process that took 10m to one that takes 1 week+ is somehow "small government"?

And as one would expect, over on TexAgs there are multiple posters advocating to solve this problem by no longer allowing women to serve.  My natural inclination is to assume they're doing a bit, but experience reading posts over there tells me I should know better and that they're perfectly serious.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I get all that but this has held up promotions for months.   At some point, you move on.  

I think it’s floor time related. The Senate rules require X amount of time for debate on each matter voted on individually. Accordingly, it ties up the floor and means all other business stops.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

And as one would expect, over on TexAgs there are multiple posters advocating to solve this problem by no longer allowing women to serve.  My natural inclination is to assume they're doing a bit, but experience reading posts over there tells me I should know better and that they're perfectly serious.  

Fantastic idea.  Dems should propose a a solution of making  the military consist of 100% gay men and post menapausal women!

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

Well there is a good chance most of those posters attended before A&M admitted women and they miss the old days of all male grab ass parties and sheep shaggin.

Who am I kidding, they still have those.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Sure they tried the violent coup once and it only failed because the military refused to go along with it. Why would you think they would try to replace military leadership with loyal cronies and try again?"
I think the point is that tubs is doing it out of stupidity. The people who suggested him doing it, on the other hand
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:
3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:
"Sure they tried the violent coup once and it only failed because the military refused to go along with it. Why would you think they would try to replace military leadership with loyal cronies and try again?"

I think the point is that tubs is doing it out of stupidity. The people who suggested him doing it, on the other hand

Exactly.  He's too stupid to have come up with this idea on his own but he is a useful idiot.  

He's worse than we thought, we now know Jar Jar Binks was thanked for  betraying the Republic in Star Wars deleted scene | The Movie Blog

Tuberville is the Jar Jar Binks of the Senate

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Tubs was already involved with planning their first coup attempt. Sure he's stupid, all of these assholes are, but that doesn't preclude him from doing this as part of an intentional effort to help make their next attempt succeed.

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

He's not that smart - a Lubbock bathroom could have told you that - If he was that smart, he'd still be a Division I head football coach pulling down $5 million a year or more, because if you are going to get mocked and ridiculed and called stupid in front of a group of TV cameras, it's better to be doing it as a football coach making $5 million+ a year versus what we saw last night.

For fuck's sake, he's publicly mocking the Commandant of the Marine Corps for having a heart attack, a combat veteran who knows stress the likes of which Tuberville can only read about.  And the Commandant of the Marine Corps is an aggy to boot, so not sure why TexAgs would side with Tuberville over this, but maybe they don't like aggy who actually went on to make a career out of the military.

And not only is he mocking a decorated combat vet who is the head of the Marine Corps, he's threatening to primary every Republican who opposes him.

For fuck's sake, - he's a freshman Senator who has been publicly called out by other Republicans and is now threatening to primary Republican Senators who have been in this game for decades.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

I think it’s floor time related. The Senate rules require X amount of time for debate on each matter voted on individually. Accordingly, it ties up the floor and means all other business stops.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense - If it was a fairly simple vote, and they magically worked 24 hours a day, they might get all 300+ passed within 7-10 days.  But they can't work 24/7 for that long, and  if they go to individual debate for every vote, Tuberville could drag each one of those out long enough that it would be a solid month of nothing but promoting these officers.

No wonder Schumer won't cave, and no wonder Republicans don't want Schumer to cave.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Of course he is. 

Whatever money he may get from abortion groups between now and his next election will be countered by massive amounts of defense industry money not to mention a shit-ton of general PAC money being targeted at him by Turtle and the other Senate leaders.

And Alabama newspapers are calling him out as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Does anyone have the audio of that CNN clip?  I can't find it on their site.  Where he says 18 hours as basically operational head of the USMC is the same as an SEC football coach in terms of pressure and responsibilities?  He understands Commandant is not like some figurehead position where you go around and cut ribbons on bases and give out medals for typing and water polo, right?  

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Whatever money he may get from abortion groups between now and his next election will be countered by massive amounts of defense industry money not to mention a shit-ton of general PAC money being targeted at him by Turtle and the other Senate leaders.

You're flat wrong here. The money that motherfucker will get playing the stock market alone, considering the wealth he entered Congress with, will be fucking staggering. You're thinking of the bribes he'll get. The real money will be the stock tips from being on varioues committees, dude. He'll be worth a quarter billion dollars by the end of his second term.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Here’s a list of active military members loyal to Tuberville:

1. Xxxxxxxx

Sure, there’s some Gump out there who likes him, but not fucking Flag Officers.

20 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Does anyone have the audio of that CNN clip?  I can't find it on their site.  Where he says 18 hours as basically operational head of the USMC is the same as an SEC football coach in terms of pressure and responsibilities?  He understands Commandant is not like some figurehead position where you go around and cut ribbons on bases and give out medals for typing and water polo, right?  

Edited by tx ind
what a despicable piece of shit
  • Rage+1 6

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're flat wrong here. The money that motherfucker will get playing the stock market alone, considering the wealth he entered Congress with, will be fucking staggering. You're thinking of the bribes he'll get. The real money will be the stock tips from being on varioues committees, dude. He'll be worth a quarter billion dollars by the end of his second term.  

He won't make it to a second term.  He's pissed off all of the Republican Senators, and even the ones who had publicly said they were trying to give him a chance and work with satisfying him have said they are done with him. And if he forces them to go to individual votes, and then he tries to debate every officer's promotion, turning this into a solid month or more of officer promotions and nothing else, then he's going to find himself without any committee assignments.

He's fucking up the way they normally do business. He is literally going to make it so that Republican (and Dem) Senators can't do anything else but deal with these promotions for at least a couple of weeks, if not more if he debates every officer's promotion, which means the BMDs are going to be fucking pissed off, and it means the pork is not going to get doled out to the locals and to the corporations.

Republican anger has been building, and while it took the Marine Corps Commandant having a heart attack to bring it to a head, and then Tuberville mocking his heart attack being the icing on the cake, it's been building up too long.  

The Republicans ran through about 20% of the waiting promotions last night to make a point and/or provide a warning.

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of Tuberville trying to primary every Republican Senator that opposed him last night.  That's some George Santos' vibes right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He won't make it to a second term.  He's pissed off all of the Republican Senators, and even the ones who had publicly said they were trying to give him a chance and work with satisfying him have said they are done with him. And if he forces them to go to individual votes, and then he tries to debate every officer's promotion, turning this into a solid month or more of officer promotions and nothing else, then he's going to find himself without any committee assignments.

He's fucking up the way they normally do business. He is literally going to make it so that Republican (and Dem) Senators can't do anything else but deal with these promotions for at least a couple of weeks, if not more if he debates every officer's promotion, which means the BMDs are going to be fucking pissed off, and it means the pork is not going to get doled out to the locals and to the corporations.

Republican anger has been building, and while it took the Marine Corps Commandant having a heart attack to bring it to a head, and then Tuberville mocking his heart attack being the icing on the cake, it's been building up too long.  

The Republicans ran through about 20% of the waiting promotions last night to make a point and/or provide a warning.

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of Tuberville trying to primary every Republican Senator that opposed him last night.  That's some George Santos' vibes right there.

Or he's been told to say that by whoever put him up to this. I don't believe for a second that jug-eared fuck came up with this all on his own.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Or he's been told to say that by whoever put him up to this. I don't believe for a second that jug-eared fuck came up with this all on his own.

I happen to think that he's this stupid - he really believes he is exercising power that he doesn't have - he really thinks he can make the Democrats blink on the abortion thing, and it's driving this for him, and he said so last night:

“They’ve got to vote for their constituents, they don’t vote for themselves,” he said. “See, I don’t understand that, I mean, you’re either pro-life or you’re not, and so if they vote against this it’s going to be suicide for some of them. Let them do it.”

It's being claimed that the primary threat was a rogue staffer that did it, but the above makes me think he said something to the staffer along the lines of primarying people

If somebody actually put him up to it, then they have burned him as an asset, because he could lose committee assignments over this, especially if it goes to a floor vote and he tries to debate every one.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Let me ask you this: Who would put him up to this, and why wouldn't they make sure that he had support among other Republican Senators instead of leaving him to be hung out to dry? 

With the batshittery in the Texas Republican Party, it's very easy to point to the West Texas billionaire fracking guys who are making Paxton, Patrick (and the Senate by proxy), and Abbott do their bidding.

This promotion stuff has just made the GOP look worse when it comes to the military (made worse by Tuberville's mocking of the heart attack), made them look incompetent, it could potentially cost Tuberville his committees (which makes him useless).  Now there's lot of footage from last night of Republicans trashing Tuberville. It's also unifying the GOP by making them come together to both overcome Tuberville's fuckery, but also if he continues and tries to debate each promotion on the floor, then they are going to have to unite and overcome that.  That means they'll probably quickly push through bills that they themselves would normally try and slow-roll or debate, because they won't have time, which means Democrats will get more W's in the win column.

Now if you told me it was China or Russia that somehow got to Tuberville and was pushing this, it would actually make sense, since they wouldn't care if he lost his re-election and, and lost his committee assignments in the meantime and would be more than happy to fuck with our command structure, and make Republicans look anti-military.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let me ask you this: Who would put him up to this, and why wouldn't they make sure that he had support among other Republican Senators instead of leaving him to be hung out to dry? 

With the batshittery in the Texas Republican Party, it's very easy to point to the West Texas billionaire fracking guys who are making Paxton, Patrick (and the Senate by proxy), and Abbott do their bidding.

This promotion stuff has just made the GOP look worse when it comes to the military (made worse by Tuberville's mocking of the heart attack), made them look incompetent, it could potentially cost Tuberville his committees (which makes him useless).  Now there's lot of footage from last night of Republicans trashing Tuberville. It's also unifying the GOP by making them come together to both overcome Tuberville's fuckery, but also if he continues and tries to debate each promotion on the floor, then they are going to have to unite and overcome that.  That means they'll probably quickly push through bills that they themselves would normally try and slow-roll or debate, because they won't have time, which means Democrats will get more W's in the win column.

Now if you told me it was China or Russia that somehow got to Tuberville and was pushing this, it would actually make sense, since they wouldn't care if he lost his re-election and, and lost his committee assignments in the meantime and would be more than happy to fuck with our command structure, and make Republicans look anti-military.

Donald Trump. That's fucking obvious man.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay, sidebar. The defense industry is king of the hill in Murica, so when are they going to turn the screws on these dumbfucks who are fucking with the bottom line when it comes to Ukraine, Israel, military etc?? Nothing makes sense anymore 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Donald Trump. That's fucking obvious man.

Trump is not that intelligent.  He's just not.  Right now, as we are speaking, he's campaigning in Buttfuck, Texas  (technically it's near Tomball/Klein, but I think "Buttfuck, Texas" works).  It's an area that he's not in danger of losing, in a state that he's not in danger of losing (as long as the Dems stay home).  He's in it for the grift.

If he was intelligent enough to use Tuberville to get some revenge on the military for some reason, as if Trump knows the ins and outs of how the Senate works enough to tell Tubby to shut down unanimous consent votes, and is if Trump knows any flag officers who have served in the past few years  other than Mark Milley, then he would be intelligent enough to be campaigning in Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. You know, the states that he has to try and win back somehow if he plans on winning.  But he's not doing that.

Hell, his next campaign stop is in a week, in Florida, another state he won't lose, during the Republican debate that he's skipping.

Trump is not trying to win this thing, he's in it for the grift.  And if somebody was whispering in Trump's ears, they wouldn't be trying to temporarily hold up military promotions (all the while making the GOP look extremely bad heading into an election year), they'd be busting their asses getting him to campaign rallies in Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is not that intelligent.  He's just not.  Right now, as we are speaking, he's campaigning in Buttfuck, Texas  (technically it's near Tomball/Klein, but I think "Buttfuck, Texas" works).  It's an area that he's not in danger of losing, in a state that he's not in danger of losing (as long as the Dems stay home).  He's in it for the grift.

If he was intelligent enough to use Tuberville to get some revenge on the military for some reason, as if Trump knows the ins and outs of how the Senate works enough to tell Tubby to shut down unanimous consent votes, and is if Trump knows any flag officers who have served in the past few years  other than Mark Milley, then he would be intelligent enough to be campaigning in Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. You know, the states that he has to try and win back somehow if he plans on winning.  But he's not doing that.

Hell, his next campaign stop is in a week, in Florida, another state he won't lose, during the Republican debate that he's skipping.

Trump is not trying to win this thing, he's in it for the grift.  And if somebody was whispering in Trump's ears, they wouldn't be trying to temporarily hold up military promotions (all the while making the GOP look extremely bad heading into an election year), they'd be busting their asses getting him to campaign rallies in Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

I don’t know man. I dig what you’re saying but every time I try to figure out what idiots would do I end up over thinking it. 

Go figure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's amazing. You've been watching them for years and constantly wrongly predicting their behavior because you fundamentally misunderstand how fascists think and operate and yet you've learned nothing. They're not fucking binary logic machines that operate on "If ---> Then" calculations and all of your "if that's what they wanted to do the only way they could possibly try to go about it is this way that I would do it if I was them and they're not doing what I would do so I must be right" is fucking constantly some of the most wrongheaded thinking about any topic on Surly.

Trump is campaigning where he is right now to raise the most money he can for his legal defenses. He doesn't even think he needs to turn out voters and he's sure as shit not worried about only visiting the most important states an entire year before the election.  Yes, he's a stupid, irrational dipshit. ALL FASCISTS ARE. That doesn't mean they're incapable of some basic planning. They're not even hiding their plan, we've got a fucking thread on it. And Tuberville's actions are absolutely part of that plan. Because it doesn't take a brilliant mastermind to understand that when you want to illegally seize and hold power, it helps to not be opposed by the military. Especially when they already tried once and failed because they'd wrongly assumed the military would be on their side.

If Trump wins, he wants to be able to promote officers who pass his loyalty tests so that he doesn't have to step down at the end of his next term. That's what this is about. Is it a guarantee Tuberville will succeed in his goal? Of course not. But even if he doesn't, he's still thrown a huge wrench in the middle of functioning government and harmed Biden's ability to protect our national security, so it's a win win. And we know Tuberville is down for this shit, because he was involved in planning 1/6.

Again, it doesn't take a genius to do this math. This isn't complex or sophisticated. it's exactly as stupid as it looks, because, get this, FASCISTS ARE ALWAYS AS STUPID AS THEY LOOK. And yet they're still often very successful at seizing power and doing shitloads of damage, because they operate in broken systems against people who refuse to understand the threat they pose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

It's amazing. You've been watching them for years and constantly wrongly predicting their behavior because you fundamentally misunderstand how fascists think and operate and yet you've learned nothing. They're not fucking binary logic machines that operate on "If ---> Then" calculations and all of your "if that's what they wanted to do the only way they could possibly try to go about it is this way that I would do it if I was them and they're not doing what I would do so I must be right" is fucking constantly some of the most wrongheaded thinking about any topic on Surly.
Trump is campaigning where he is right now to raise the most money he can for his legal defenses. He doesn't even think he needs to turn out voters and he's sure as shit not worried about only visiting the most important states an entire year before the election.  Yes, he's a stupid, irrational dipshit. ALL FASCISTS ARE. That doesn't mean they're incapable of some basic planning. They're not even hiding their plan, we've got a fucking thread on it. And Tuberville's actions are absolutely part of that plan. Because it doesn't take a brilliant mastermind to understand that when you want to illegally seize and hold power, it helps to not be opposed by the military. Especially when they already tried once and failed because they'd wrongly assumed the military would be on their side.
If Trump wins, he wants to be able to promote officers who pass his loyalty tests so that he doesn't have to step down at the end of his next term. That's what this is about. Is it a guarantee Tuberville will succeed in his goal? Of course not. But even if he doesn't, he's still thrown a huge wrench in the middle of functioning government and harmed Biden's ability to protect our national security, so it's a win win. And we know Tuberville is down for this shit, because he was involved in planning 1/6.
Again, it doesn't take a genius to do this math. This isn't complex or sophisticated. it's exactly as stupid as it looks, because, get this, FASCISTS ARE ALWAYS AS STUPID AS THEY LOOK. And yet they're still often very successful at seizing power and doing shitloads of damage, because they operate in broken systems against people who refuse to understand the threat they pose.

Wildcat gets it. Some of the rest of y’all do too.

Stop thinking like we’re dealing with politicians doing political things. We’re not. We’re dealing with authoritarian fascists who want to seize power and end the republic. And they’re quite open about it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Complete disrespect of the military.  I can only imagine Fox if a Democrat did all this:

He will get 80% of all of the military and military support ppl in bama during his next election. This won’t matter in a few months 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

If Trump wins, he wants to be able to promote officers who pass his loyalty tests so that he doesn't have to step down at the end of his next term. That's what this is about.

Trump can't think that far ahead, he just can't - the motherfucker is solely focused on fundraising for his legal defense (which you admit).  If he was capable of the machinations some think he is, he wouldn't have lost in 2020, and he'd be worth $10s of billions long before 2016.

And if this was about keeping spots open for a potential Trump administration in 2025 to try and fill with "loyal" officers, then he shot his wad way too early, by about a year.

And he and Tuberville can't stop these promotions - people are still assuming the responsibilities, and the Senate can bite the bullet and do the votes (they are doing this for the most important positions). Tuberville can certainly make things painful for the GOP, and can piss off the military at the GOP, which he's doing.  And Tuberville shitting all over a very highly-respected officer who just had a heart attack is a prime example of that - Tuberville thinks this is a fucking game and the he made a power move by calling out a Marine Corps general, because everything is a fucking game to Tuberville, but there are consequences, especially when you're a shitty ex-coach who never served calling out a respected Marine.  All of this, his shitting on the military, on an officer respected by fellow officers and enlisted, Republicans mocking him to his face, all of this is turning Alabama newspapers against him, publicly turned his Republican colleagues against him, is priming the pump for him to be primaried, even as he tells Republicans that the abortion thing could be "suicide" for their careers.

In order for Trump to "seize power" and stay past a second term, he'd have to get back in the White House, and strangely enough, he doesn't seem to want to put in the work to do that, almost like he's lazy or shortsighted, or can't hold more than one thought at a time in his head, and it's currently obsessed with the minorities out to get him.  And the masses of peasants/ground troops that Trump would need to "seize power", for some reason have bailed on him, to the point where he's playing to small crowds at small venues.  Hell, there's only been a handful of people who felt compelled enough to get arrested trying to defend him in person at any his four trials that are going on.

It's almost like a shitload of people saw what happened to the January 6 insurrectionists and want none of that, and are seeing what's happening to the people around Trump who are being indicted (Making Attorneys Get Attorneys), and starting to question things.

The fact that Trump is relying, at least partially, on a parking lot lawyer to save his ass, speaks volumes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Stop thinking like we’re dealing with politicians doing political things. We’re not. We’re dealing with authoritarian fascists who want to seize power and end the republic. And they’re quite open about it.

The guy that you think Trump is, would still be in the White House regardless of whether or not he won in 2020.

He wouldn't be facing four different indictments (almost simultaneously) because his lawyers or others are flipping on him or left paper trails for investigators, or his paper empire wouldn't be crumbling because the whole world knows he inflates the value of his properties and his sons Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum wouldn't be doing a poor job of playing dumb or trying to blame the accountants (who are not having it), and he wouldn't be relying on a pillow salesman to give him advice or a parking garage lawyer to defend him, and he wouldn't have lost control over some of his NYC properties or being banned from operating a charity, and he wouldn't have to inflate his assets in the first place, and he wouldn't be coming up with stupid fucking nicknames for people he is scared of, nicknames that are childish and veiled attempts at racist slurs without using the actual words. He'd have thousands of MAGA showing up at his indictments, blocking law enforcement and trying to take over the buildings. He'd be holding massive rallies in large stadiums and not at companies near Tomball that nobody outside of the O&G industry have ever heard of.

Edited by atomheartbevo

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The guy that you think Trump is, would still be in the White House regardless of whether or not he won in 2020.

He wouldn't be facing four different indictments (almost simultaneously) because his lawyers or others are flipping on him or left paper trails for investigators, or his paper empire wouldn't be crumbling because the whole world knows he inflates the value of his properties and his sons Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum wouldn't be doing a poor job of playing dumb or trying to blame the accountants (who are not having it), and he wouldn't be relying on a pillow salesman to give him advice or a parking garage lawyer to defend him, and he wouldn't have lost control over some of his NYC properties or being banned from operating a charity, and he wouldn't have to inflate his assets in the first place, and he wouldn't be coming up with stupid fucking nicknames for people he is scared of, nicknames that are childish and veiled attempts at racist slurs without using the actual words. He'd have thousands of MAGA showing up at his indictments, blocking law enforcement and trying to take over the buildings. He'd be holding massive rallies in large stadiums and not at companies near Tomball that nobody outside of the O&G industry have ever heard of.

Counterpoint: don't mistake "the Republic is fighting back for its very survival" with "the Republic has won and is safe."  They are continuing their multi-prong assault, and they damned well can win.  Because the Republic follows rules (the rule of law).  They don't follow ANY rules, except "take power, and hold it."

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: don't mistake "the Republic is fighting back for its very survival" with "the Republic has won and is safe."  They are continuing their multi-prong assault, and they damned well can win.  Because the Republic follows rules (the rule of law).  They don't follow ANY rules, except "take power, and hold it."

Oh, things aren't good, but Trump is spending his days either in a courtroom, or babbling incessantly on a third-rate social media platform that most of his fans don't see, or putting on the occasional campaign rally at a small venue to help pay his court costs.  Trump isn't the problem - he's clearly not taking the actual campaign part seriously.  It's the guys who come after him, that are smarter, that are the problem.  DeSantis looked like he might be a problem, but he fell to pieces (which makes me wonder if Casey was driving things in that campaign, because it wasn't Ron).

Tuberville...it's a combination of Hanlon's and Occam's razor. He really is stupid enough to think that he is exercising power that he ultimately doesn't have, and that this is somehow working out for him. He also thinks he's fitting into that old-school anti-abortion mold as well - he may very well see this as his springboard to something bigger in 2028, because maybe it worked for him when he ran for the Senate, and maybe he's go it in his head that this could work on a bigger stage.

The fact that his communications director could quickly and easily blast out an email to major anti-abortion groups (or threaten Republicans that he would, or whatever the fuck happened on Wednesday) sure made it sound like he's pretty tied into that movement.

If they start pushing all of these 300+ promotions to the floor for individual votes, and Tuberville tries to debate every one of them, making it so that they can only vote on half-a-dozen or so promotions a day, I'll be more than happy to revisit my opinion, and say that this is beyond Tuberville's single-mindedness/simplistic views on how politics works.  As of now, his playbook is pretty shallow.

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't have Tubs glorious career memorized, so correct me if I'm wrong-- but weren't there several skims/scams/skulks where he was in a group of people doing something shady, and the other people took the fall?

Are you talking about Real Estate deals?

In Football that was Saban.

In politics it is Ken Paxton among others.  I don't know, maybe Jar Jar too.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't have Tubs glorious career memorized, so correct me if I'm wrong-- but weren't there several skims/scams/skulks where he was in a group of people doing something shady, and the other people took the fall?

As a coach in the SEC, this is always the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/2/2023 at 5:32 PM, YGIFS said:

He’s a total whiny pissant. Classic case of someone who has confused level of stress with level of importance. 

• Hook 'Em 1