Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

I haven't been to Grandy's since sometime in the 1980s but, after all of this bullshit, I will be eating there today for karma purposes.

Actually kind of looking forward to it, but expect to be disappointed.

Hoping we'll only have to wait a few days before QE & friends are on board...then we can quit talking about cfs, cheese, hatch, cats, Horseshoe Bay curtains, lunch ladies, etc.

Edited by hobbs
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Huh? Chicken fried chicken is chicken. Generally if a place serves both it's just listed as CFS and CFC. If I ordered a chicken fried steak and someone brought me a piece of chicken I'd have to grab the waiter. 

Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

This is the only reaction for getting chicken when you order chicken fried steak 

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Y'all do realize that lots of recruits are expected to be in for the unofficial recruiting weekend, right? Seems like a great time to have him in town. 

Nobody has said otherwise on this. Ideally you’d want him to commit before the visit or during it.

I’ll gladly take whatever we can get, but that’s what would be ideal.

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly, the closer Ewers commits to the dead period the better.  If Ewers can swing Stewart last minute, and Aggie can't get in touch with him to try to re-bid....then that is likely the best chance we have of getting him to Austin as well.

We only have a few guys left we are targeting.  Ewers can and likely is talking to them all behind the scenes right now.  In fact, I think it is likely that his interest in Tech is a diversion tactic so that aggies don't pre-emptively bring more bags over to Stewart right now.

1 minute ago, J.Peterman said:

Honestly, the closer Ewers commits to the dead period the better.  If Ewers can swing Stewart last minute, and Aggie can't get in touch with him to try to re-bid....then that is likely the best chance we have of getting him to Austin as well.

We only have a few guys left we are targeting.  Ewers can and likely is talking to them all behind the scenes right now.  In fact, I think it is likely that his interest in Tech is a diversion tactic so that aggies don't pre-emptively bring more bags over to Stewart right now.

If Stewart and Kam show up this weekend.. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew the minute I heard about the visit that fucking Ketchum and his band of speds were going to eventually get wind and then immediately put it out there, with no consideration for whether or not that’s productive. They didn’t get this from anyone related to the effort on the UT end or Ewers end. They usually weasel this kind of thing from another recruit who is on a text string or something. Just fucking trash. 

Don’t think it matters? Well, now everyone knows an exact timeline. So if you wanted to intervene with a final pitch or offer addition, you’d know when to do it. It also dissolved trust between the two parties if the recruit doesn’t fess up. The Ewers end will think Texas is talking and vice versa when neither wants the courting process covered this time. In the last two days, Ketchum and his cronies have established a baseline for the offer to beat, when the big pitch is being made, and when the final decision is coming. 

I just wish CDC would ban all of those MFers. Sabotage of the program, intentional or unintentional, should be met with a stiff penalty. Jesus.

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Honestly, anyone who is paying Orangebloods at this point should be drawn, quartered, and then have their dismembered pieces tarred and feathered.

Hasn't that always been true? I mean, since at least the Pleistocene? Ketchum is literally the biggest tool in the shed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Morning, you degenerate fucks.

Extremely conflicted feelings this morning between the “it’s happening” vibes and news of this dragging out to the weekend. I’m coping with it by telling  myself that the 9.95’ers don’t know shit and Ewers is smart enough to realize that announcing “early” is critical to recruiting momentum — I just don’t see a weekend/Monday announcement as having enough juice to sway things in such a small window.

Suppose there’s some merit to the silent commit angle and working a select group of big-time recruits under some cover of secrecy, but going to baselessly ignore that possibility because it doesn’t mesh with my desires.

Also, chicken fried steak is chicken?!? WHAT THE FUCK?? Never go full regard. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

The irony of this is that Roadhouse calls theirs country fried sirloin....

https://www.texasroadhouse.com/global-menu/country-dinners

You can eat at Texas Roadhouse in almost every state. There are over 460 locations in 49 of 50 states, plus the restaurant has expanded internationally, opening five locations in the Middle East.

Maybe they call it country fried sirloin for all the folks that kept asking if the chicken fried steak was made with chicken breast or chicken thigh.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Morning, you degenerate fucks.

Extremely conflicted feelings this morning between the “it’s happening” vibes and news of this dragging out to the weekend. I’m coping with it by telling  myself that the 9.95’ers don’t know shit and Ewers is smart enough to realize that announcing “early” is critical to recruiting momentum — I just don’t see a weekend/Monday announcement as having enough juice to sway things in such a small window.

Suppose there’s some merit to the silent commit angle and working a select group of big-time recruits under some cover of secrecy, but going to baselessly ignore that possibility because it doesn’t mesh with my desires.

Also, chicken fried steak is chicken?!? WHAT THE FUCK?? Never go full regard. 

I think us recruiting nerds hear "Quinn plans to sway recruits" and imagine a world where recruits from all over the country see on Twitter that Quinn has committed and scramble to schedule last minute visits with the staff.

It's much more likely that Quinn's idea of swaying recruits is a select few that he has already texted to tell them to come to Austin with him this weekend.  Anything on top of that is gravy.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew the minute I heard about the visit that fucking Ketchum and his band of speds were going to eventually get wind and then immediately put it out there, with no consideration for whether or not that’s productive. They didn’t get this from anyone related to the effort on the UT end or Ewers end. They usually weasel this kind of thing from another recruit who is on a text string or something. Just fucking trash. 

Don’t think it matters? Well, now everyone knows an exact timeline. So if you wanted to intervene with a final pitch or offer addition, you’d know when to do it. It also dissolved trust between the two parties if the recruit doesn’t fess up. The Ewers end will think Texas is talking and vice versa when neither wants the courting process covered this time. In the last two days, Ketchum and his cronies have established a baseline for the offer to beat, when the big pitch is being made, and when the final decision is coming. 

I don’t know if it’s really considered good news, but the staff (and so I assume Ewers as well) knew there was a good chance it would leak once they started telling recruits Ewers will be there this weekend. I was told straight up- hopefully orange bloods and 247 don’t find out until we are closer to the weekend. It’s really unbelievable at this point, and I think there’s a good case to broach the idea of pulling orange bloods credentials. So many people I talk to use orange bloods and have no idea the trouble they cause. It would be nice to even just see their hand get slapped which would “start the conversation” like Ketchum says. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think us recruiting nerds hear "Quinn plans to sway recruits" and imagine a world where recruits from all over the country see on Twitter that Quinn has committed and scramble to schedule last minute visits with the staff.

It's much more likely that Quinn's idea of swaying recruits is a select few that he has already texted to tell them to come to Austin with him this weekend.  Anything on top of that is gravy.

If he lands Banks, Dewberry and Stewart that would be fucking amazing.  I'd take 2/3 and still be really fucking excited.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

I don’t know if it’s really considered good news, but the staff (and so I assume Ewers as well) knew there was a good chance it would leak once they started telling recruits Ewers will be there this weekend. I was told straight up- hopefully orange bloods and 247 don’t find out until we are closer to the weekend. It’s really unbelievable at this point, and I think there’s a good case to broach the idea of pulling orange bloods credentials. So many people I talk to use orange bloods and have no idea the trouble they cause. It would be nice to even just see their hand get slapped which would “start the conversation” like Ketchum says. 

If not for the resulting tsunami, I'd rather we just use a D9 caterpillar to push him into Lake Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I admire the effort and completely understand the reasonable logic (and likelihood) of this take, but again, with that said, choose to selectively ignore for personal reasons. Please respect my decision. 

• Haha 5

Bumping this. I need another hit of second-hand insider speculation. My thirst will not be satiated, I will not relent. @Ravishing Rick

Spoiler

20 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Because fuck it, why not, another hit of speculation:

Found a plane (Tail No. N512LL) that's wiped itself from FlightAware. It just touched down on the east side of Austin Bergstrom on a trip from Dallas Executive. It's co-owned by the McMinn Law Firm and the CEO of an Austin-based property management company.

The founders of those firms/companies are both UT alumni, and one of them (Jason McMinn) was a Spur. The flight took off from Dallas right about noon today, roughly 15 minutes after LotusCorn posted the news re Ewers purportedly from the Spurs group chat.

20 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

ha!  I grew up with Jason McMinn in Waco and we played baseball together for years.  Will text and revert!

19 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:
15 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Given the dearth of speculation/updates, figured I'd note that I messaged @Ravishing Rick to see what is buddy said re Ewers. Message was read an hour ago (no reply) and Rick is live on surly, which I can't read to mean anything other than put QE in the calculator. Going to sign off and pass the torch to night crew in comfort with that knowledge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust