Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Prime’s appearance on Fox’s Big Noon was awesome! How his infectious character has infused the Buff Nation is remarkable in just a short timeframe and sample size!

Can the Buff’s live up to the hype - we’ll all see, as they have the Nations’ attention. I think he has the tools to do so - IMO. They just need that first big win vs an older P-12 school (week 4+) and look out.

Hook’em!!!

That opening was electric. The crowd and the band turned out. What an atmosphere. The energy was off the charts and they sustained it for a really long time. Kudos to the producers getting all the different camera angles with drone shots and everything. And then starting with Coach Prime wheeling up right off the bat. That was first rate.

It’s such a great story. And it’ll be a great story with a win vs. Nebraska today. You get the feeling that everyone wants that. It makes it tempting to pull for Nebraska. (Not among Texas fans obviously, we’ve all seen the hatred there.) I’m kind of torn because it’s good for the B1G if Nebraska is good. A win for them today would be a big story too. Although of course on here everyone who said CU’s win last week just meant TCU sucks would take that as proof. Just like they’ll say a CU win today means Nebraska sucks. So forget them. I guess I’ll be happy with either outcome. I’m just here for the drama. I hope we get another good game.

GO FOOTBALL!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Was disappointed to hear my Dallas friends and their kids who personally know Deion’s son say that the son is a jerk and not a good person. Heard some pretty shocking things. Not sure if they are true. Too bad if true. His success is a good story, or was. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That opening was electric. The crowd and the band turned out. What an atmosphere. The energy was off the charts and they sustained it for a really long time. Kudos to the producers getting all the different camera angles with drone shots and everything. And then starting with Coach Prime wheeling up right off the bat. That was first rate.

It’s such a great story. And it’ll be a great story with a win vs. Nebraska today. You get the feeling that everyone wants that. It makes it tempting to pull for Nebraska. (Not among Texas fans obviously, we’ve all seen the hatred there.) I’m kind of torn because it’s good for the B1G if Nebraska is good. A win for them today would be a big story too. Although of course on here everyone who said CU’s win last week just meant TCU sucks would take that as proof. Just like they’ll say a CU win today means Nebraska sucks. So forget them. I guess I’ll be happy with either outcome. I’m just here for the drama. I hope we get another good game.

GO FOOTBALL!

I have money riding on CU not getting to 6 wins and I still win not be rooting for fucking Nebraska today. Fuck those assholes and they can continue to wallow in misery. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I went several years without watching a single Colorado Buffalo game. I'm about to watch my second in little over a week.  That says a lot about what Deion is doing at CU, imo.

Dude has always been brash, but he's also always delivered.

Bijan bowl game, 70 point game in 2005 is only time I remember watching Colorado 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I can't believe I'm actually interested in Colorado football. Deion has shown that you can absolutely have success in a short time. I have no doubt he's only going get better. Hope he stays out of Texas lol. 

I'd take Shedeur right now to lead Texas. Dude is good af

Dylan Edwards is bad ass 

Travis Hunter is a baller. 

3 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bijan bowl game, 70 point game in 2005 is only time I remember watching Colorado 

Me too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

But is that a Deon thing, or a FSU thing?

Both.  

But in no way am I saying one thing negative about his truly amazing skills as an athlete. The guy was legend.   His incredible speed made up for any technique issues in his pass coverage.  He was a bit of a matador in his tackling skills though.

• Fuck You 1

On 9/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Like Oregon, Colorado had towns with sundown laws far past southern states. I’ve lived in both as well as san Francisco and here were racists in all of them. Add in the racism towards native Americans and it’s about the same as anywhere else.

Deion has rubbed many of the CU liberal blue bloods the wrong way with his strong Coach Prime personality which is very different than Prime Time as a football player. If he proves successful at CU the SEC would the the place he would be recruited to. The Big10 would not like what he brings. Too many microaggressions and hurt feelings.

The Sec had its chance. He’ll never coach there. Colorado is the perfect fit for him. Beautiful setting. Liberal college community. Supportive administrative infrastructure. What’s not like? If he keeps winning, he’s the likely successor to Saban as cfb’s college iconic football coach. With the potential to become the biggest brand in cbf, the Big12 should feel fortunate he fell into its lap.

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The Sec had its chance. He’ll never coach there. Colorado is the perfect fit for him. Beautiful setting. Liberal college community. Supportive administrative infrastructure. What’s not like? If he keeps winning, he’s the likely successor to Saban as cfb’s college iconic football coach. With the potential to become the biggest brand in cbf, the Big12 should feel fortunate he fell into its lap.

Maybe in a pre-NIL world. Deion is a big draw, but people like money. They'll have to pony up to really compete at the highest level, and I don't think they can. If he gets an offer from a blue blood I think he's gone.

Maybe in a pre-NIL world. Deion is a big draw, but people like money. They'll have to pony up to really compete at the highest level, and I don't think they can. If he gets an offer from a blue blood I think he's gone.

It won’t be until his kids are out of school though. You can only transfer once and play right away, right? Or am I wrong on that?

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Yall think he give a shit when his kids are done? He strikes me as a daddy ball coach. I hope he doesn't, this is fun as hell for the game.

It will be interesting to see if he sticks around after his kids are done.  I kind of doubt it.  He seems to be doing this for them, and more power to him!

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

And Fox Big Nook Kickoff show will be at the CU game for the third week in a row. 

This is wild.  Gameday has been on for 30 years or so?  Have they ever even followed the same team twice in a row?  Maybe home/road or vice versa but no way they have done the same team 3 weeks in a row.  And yeah the games fucking suck next week.  Casual investigation reveals 0 top 25 match ups.  Maybe that changes after tonight.

4 hours ago, TXpride said:

Rich boosters at Colorado have had nothing to spend their money on. Now they do and the flood gates have opened. Prime will be there as long he wins, his health permits, and he wants to be there.

We’re gonna see more of these stories. This QB is the #1 recruit in the 2025 class:

It was very exciting to have my first conversation [with Deion Sanders],” Underwood told 247Sports. “It was good to have my first conversation with him. Just him letting me know he wanted me there and to lead them to a national championship was exciting to hear.”

Just like that, Colorado entered the chat.

And this was not just a chat either, a courtesy to, or curiosity in, talking to a Pro Football Hall of Famer. The Underwoods are serious enough about CU that they tried to arrange a flight to see Colorado’s home opener against Nebraska this weekend. The schedule didn’t work, so they are going to Boulder for the USC game on Sept. 30.

“Prime is a legend,” said Bryce’s father, Jaquan Underwood. “When I was a kid I wanted to be like Prime. I played corner. Having that guy on the other end talking to my son, it was surreal.

“We really like Colorado.”