Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

The 1992 “Teaff’s Last  (regular season) Game” screw job had a lot of miscalls that would be corrected by replay today. 

In 2021, when Texas announced it was leaving, we saw bad calls and non-calls on roughing the passer and roughing the kicker, that we haven’t seen since. (They’ll call roughing in Texas when it didn’t really happen, but at least they’re not ignoring it when the other team roughs a Texas passer or kicker). Maybe somebody talked sense to them about player safety (and liability). 

Nobody from Texas will complain publicly. It would open us to ridicule- nobody really pays attention to us getting screwed by the refs but they would surely notice if we bitched. 

I think we have an idea what we’ll see- getting screwed on stuff that can’t be reviewed or won’t be overturned. PI calls and non-calls, holding calls and non-calls, ball spots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

The 1992 “Teaff’s Last  (regular season) Game” screw job had a lot of miscalls that would be corrected by replay today. 

In 2021, when Texas announced it was leaving, we saw bad calls and non-calls on roughing the passer and roughing the kicker, that we haven’t seen since. (They’ll call roughing in Texas when it didn’t really happen, but at least they’re not ignoring it when the other team roughs a Texas passer or kicker). Maybe somebody talked sense to them about player safety (and liability). 

Nobody from Texas will complain publicly. It would open us to ridicule- nobody really pays attention to us getting screwed by the refs but they would surely notice if we bitched. 

I think we have an idea what we’ll see- getting screwed on stuff that can’t be reviewed or won’t be overturned. PI calls and non-calls, holding calls and non-calls, ball spots. 

It's cute that you think the B12 refs haven't/won't screw us on reviewable calls.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Jesus this constant wining about officiating is weak as fuck.

Fucking University of Texas.

Bitching about officiating, scheduling, private universities with 10k students...fuck you. Fuck this. Fuck me. 

We drink and complain. It’s kind of our thing.

Did you mean whining? That’s the sound your mom makes when I put water in her bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

Bitching about officiating, scheduling, private universities with 10k students...fuck you. Fuck this. Fuck me. 

2014 - 22 shows statistically significant data on calls against Texas in Big12 play. Internet fans can and will bitch all the time, but its true and backed up by stats and eyeballs. The perceived corruption, incompetence, and sloth has made the games difficult to watch.

Nevertheless, Texas officials cant say shit for multiple reasons.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Did you mean whining? That’s the sound your mom makes when I put water in her bowl.

Mom's dead. I don't think you knew her. Seems like a cowardly statement from a child. 

I'm curious - did you get into this "mom wHining at a dog bowl" thing growing up? Did you actually watch your mother wHining at a dog bowl? Where you supposed to be sleeping, or did she do it for you, knowing youw ere watching her...?

Have you told a therapist your kink is mom eating from a dog food bowl?

• Fuck You 9

SEC refs blew this call completely, but only when BamaJelly gets screwed over (and not when Texas gets screwed over) does it make it into a major outlet like CBS Sports:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-officials-make-major-blunder-in-alabama-vs-ole-miss-as-mistake-alters-crimson-tide-drive/ 

Spoiler

SEC officials make major blunder in Alabama vs. Ole Miss as mistake alters Crimson Tide drive
Alabama kicked a field goal to take the lead, but should have had another shot at a touchdown

By Barrett Sallee  
Sep 23, 2023 at 8:49 pm ET

One of the wildest officiating errors of the season occurred in the third quarter of No. 13 Alabama's 24-10 win over No. 15 Ole Miss at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

The Crimson Tide were down 7-6 and driving deep in the red zone. Running back Roydell Williams picked up a first down on a five-yard run to the 11-yard line. However, the down marker and chains did not move prior to the next snap. Coach Nick Saban, quarterback  Jalen Milroe and the rest of the staff treated the next play -- a one-yard quarterback sneak by Milroe -- as a third-and-inches rather than a first-and-10. 

Two plays later, Alabama was forced to send out kicker Will Reichard, who booted a 23-yard field goal to give his team a 10-7 lead. Though we may never know what would have transpired had the officials gotten the call right, Alabama almost certainly would have changed its play call from a quarterback sneak if it knew it had a first-and-10.  

On the broadcast, viewers could clearly see confusion among members on the chain gang when this wild series of events began. It may not have cost Alabama the game, but it was a mistake all the same. 

19 hours ago, Welshy said:

Did you not pay attention to the fuckery that was the Okie State game last year which nearly repeated itself against Baylor a few weeks later?   Same crew for both games. 

And here is a reminder of Okie State 2015 below. This was such corrupt exhibition  we had Sooner and aggy bloggers/media types calling it out.     These are only a few of numerous screw jobs by the Rig 12 officiating.     Oh and let’s not forget the blown  call that cost us the Bama game last year in the end zone.  That was supposed to be the best Rig 12 crew.

So yea Fuck you!

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Welshy said:

Mom's dead. I don't think you knew her. Seems like a cowardly statement from a child. 

I'm curious - did you get into this "mom wHining at a dog bowl" thing growing up? Did you actually watch your mother wHining at a dog bowl? Where you supposed to be sleeping, or did she do it for you, knowing youw ere watching her...?

Have you told a therapist your kink is mom eating from a dog food bowl?

I thought Billy Liucci was kicked off of here a couple years ago….I guess not.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

SEC refs blew this call completely, but only when BamaJelly gets screwed over (and not when Texas gets screwed over) does it make it into a major outlet like CBS Sports:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-officials-make-major-blunder-in-alabama-vs-ole-miss-as-mistake-alters-crimson-tide-drive/ 

Hide contents

SEC officials make major blunder in Alabama vs. Ole Miss as mistake alters Crimson Tide drive
Alabama kicked a field goal to take the lead, but should have had another shot at a touchdown

By Barrett Sallee  

One of the wildest officiating errors of the season occurred in the third quarter of No. 13 Alabama's 24-10 win over No. 15 Ole Miss at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

The Crimson Tide were down 7-6 and driving deep in the red zone. Running back Roydell Williams picked up a first down on a five-yard run to the 11-yard line. However, the down marker and chains did not move prior to the next snap. Coach Nick Saban, quarterback  Jalen Milroe and the rest of the staff treated the next play -- a one-yard quarterback sneak by Milroe -- as a third-and-inches rather than a first-and-10. 

Two plays later, Alabama was forced to send out kicker Will Reichard, who booted a 23-yard field goal to give his team a 10-7 lead. Though we may never know what would have transpired had the officials gotten the call right, Alabama almost certainly would have changed its play call from a quarterback sneak if it knew it had a first-and-10.  

On the broadcast, viewers could clearly see confusion among members on the chain gang when this wild series of events began. It may not have cost Alabama the game, but it was a mistake all the same. 

a christmas story GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Reveal hidden contents

By Barrett Sallee  

Big 12 refs: hold my beer 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Did you not pay attention to the fuckery that was the Okie State game last year which nearly repeated itself against Baylor a few weeks later?   Same crew for both games. 

And here is a reminder of Okie State 2015 below. This was such corrupt exhibition  we had Sooner and aggy bloggers/media types calling it out.     These are only a few of numerous screw jobs by the Rig 12 officiating.     Oh and let’s not forget the blown  call that cost us the Bama game last year in the end zone.  That was supposed to be the best Rig 12 crew.

So yea Fuck you!

That guy is too worried about being a "classy fan".  I am sooo fucking tired of hearing from that group, they need to pull their head out of their ass but it will never happen.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Why are they calling so few calls now? Waiting for the OU game or Tech game to fuck us? Fuck these refs. 

What incentive do they have to help OU this year?  In the past the B12 saw OU as the best shot to make the playoff, but now that’s us and both teams are on the conference shit list.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

What incentive do they have to help OU this year?  In the past the B12 saw OU as the best shot to make the playoff, but now that’s us and both teams are on the conference shit list.

They certainly weren’t hurting OU last night. I think they called PI or defensive holding on Iowa State last night 3 plays in a row as OU was approaching the goal line just before half. They made sure they scored a TD. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I read somewhere that the Big 12 might not even bother to send a crew to the Cotton Bowl for Texas/OU on Saturday. 

(I wrote it down and I read it)

Given the larger, stronger humans in burnt orange, that would be unlikely to work out for those other guys. 

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The crew doing our game yesterday wasn’t too bad. Praying we don’t have Mar or the douchebag musclehead with the sports goggles doing our game next week.

It’s a big game so I bet it’s fuckface Mar 

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Muscle head is calling NFL games now.   

Big 12 will bring him back for this one weekend 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The crew doing our game yesterday wasn’t too bad. Praying we don’t have Mar or the douchebag musclehead with the sports goggles doing our game next week.

They missed a ton of holding calls on Kansas.  I get they don't call holding in this shitty league but several were just ridiculous.  WAY more blatant than what they actually called on DJ.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

They missed a ton of holding calls on Kansas.  I get they don't call holding in this shitty league but several were just ridiculous.  WAY more blatant than what they actually called on DJ.

There was a pretty blatant one right in front of the ref on their long touchdown pass. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Offsides call was utter shit. Blatant that chickens tackle’s arm moved significantly.
False start? Nope. Offsides.
And from where the flag came the zebra had an eye full of it all.

It could have been much worse, so really feels like a win on that front.

Hell, the tackle started back. It wasn’t just his arm. It was false start
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Cajun said:

No flag for this in the Bama game.  I guess the SEC refs got the memo that it's ok to hold at will against Texas.

I expect a lot of this coupled with swallowed whistles on Saturday...

4FB1D9C4-23D2-4167-A866-9DF6C9D001FD.jpeg

That play with no calls could be a Rig 12 game.  Just ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2023 at 9:39 PM, Welshy said:

And yet, here you are, on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Cajun said:

No flag for this in the Bama game.  I guess the SEC refs got the memo that it's ok to hold at will against Texas.  I expect a lot of this coupled with swallowed whistles on Saturday...

4FB1D9C4-23D2-4167-A866-9DF6C9D001FD.jpeg

Wonder how the Rig12 decides which crew gets to call this game on Saturday at the Cotton Bowl??

Really hope the Refs are a non-factor this week.  

On 9/24/2023 at 8:44 PM, Kermit said:
On 9/24/2023 at 8:39 PM, Welshy said:

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

And yet, here you are, on this thread.