Lets count the fuck ups

ButtFumble

1. not trying to get points with 55 seconds left in the half.....many many many people commented what a pussy move that was

2. Ingram carries the ball improperly he does not hold the tip of the ball.....look at the long run he broke and he was not holding the tip of the ball and he did bring his other hand up to secure it when getting tackled, but the ball was not secure in his hand

3. Ingram reaching out for the TD.....that shit is ALWAYS stupid and then the fact that he again did not have the ball properly held in his hand and viola he fumbled

that is just poor coaching of fundamentals......fundamentals of holding the ball and the stupidity of reaching the ball out one handed in a pile

4. completely and totally stupid penalties that time and again cost field position....not properly lining up and other dumb shit like personal fouls on a kick off that was a TOUCH BACK.......that is just total buffoonery and reflect a team with no accountability

again this is in addition to shit play calling, in ability to play D and bad special teams the above are things that are EASILY corrected and yet are not corrected and allowed to happen or the decision is made to do them

what others am I missing I am sure there are dozens more

and the talking heads are right now talking about how you simply cannot extend the ball out like that at the goal line......simple coaching

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Why in God's name would you do this?

I'm going to watch aggy's dreams die and at least enjoy a little schadenfreude. 

fuck that aggy gets joy in Texas losing while they do shit

I get joy for Texas doing something (that they have not done in a long time) and aggy losing is just an expected slight pleasure of life

3 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

I’m just glad we don’t rush a whole lot on first down. I certainly wouldn’t want to control the clock and score too many points by dominating the trenches.

We are a fucking joke.

dominating in the trenches? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What the fuck have you seen in the last 12 years of Texas football that makes you think that could possibly happen?

Smith has been disappointing. Got run down from behind by a linebacker when he had lots of green in front of him. I thought he was supposed to be faster than that. And the drop was huge. He also has a hard time breaking tackles. 

For whatever reason, we are in love of the idea of having a great white receiver. Smith sucks on a roster of mediocre receivers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Leaving a South Austin's mom-sized gaping hole in the middle of the defense. Who didn't know Duggan would keep it and run right down the middle?

Jake can't catch, Jake can't block. Why was he on the field so much?

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ldogg53 said:

We run that quick snap dive up the middle about 4 times a game it seems. It works maybe once a game. Fucking Mensa keeps going back to it.

This...I don’t understand it. Just like they said in the broadcast it’s an obvious tendency. And it becomes a wasted down

Just now, OU Sucks said:

Leaving a South Austin's mom-sized gaping hole in the middle of the defense. Who didn't know Duggan would keep it and run right down the middle?

Kai Money also had to tell him how he should be aligned on a play as well. 

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

As soon as we lined up like that I thought "Hmmm... that's an interesting formation"

It's not like they were gashing us throwing to the outside. 

Ingram got caught from behind as well. It wasn’t just Smith.

Special teams failures; missed tackles; scads of penalties, etc. this is the best Herman can do, in year #4.

And, I’m sick of his smarmy comments in pressers. 

Edited by Mossyhorn

19 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

Ingram got caught from behind as well. It wasn’t just Smith.

Special teams failures; missed tackles; scads of penalties, etc. this is the best Herman can do, in year #4.

And, I’m sick of his smarmy comments in pressers. 

Ingram doesn’t have the rep of a burner, he’s not that kind of back. No one expects him to outrun a DB. I expected Smith to be one of if not the fastest dude on the field everytime. He’s never actually been close to being that in college. But that might be mostly my fault for trying to project based on his film playing Arizona HS ball. 

38 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Allowing it twice in the same game is coaching malpractice.

39 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

when we run that TCU knew we were stunting, they had 2 guys block the stunt

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Jake's drop, Black's drop, phantom penalties, WRs not making contested catches until late, the list goes on and on.

Why is it that every fucking time it only takes one defender to bring down a Texas player and almost never can a Texas defender make a tackle out in space.  Do these guys get conditioned as soon as they get on campus to...”lets play nice guys.”

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Why is it that every fucking time it only takes one defender to bring down a Texas player and almost never can a Texas defender make a tackle out in space.  Do these guys get conditioned as soon as they get on campus to...”lets play nice guys.”

just watch our receivers try to block, tells you all you need to know

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

Don't forget Brewer as well.  The ONLY time I ever hear his name is when he's called for holding.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The second example wasn't his fault. That was a poor low throw from Ehlinger. Ehlinger lacks the natural flexibility to make accurate throws if he doesn't have his feet set properly. 

And even then, his ball placement leaves a lot to be desired

56 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The worst part about Ingraham 's extending the ball was that it was on FIRST FUCKING DOWN FROM THE ONE MOTHER FUCKING YARD LINE

Not only that but he was stuffed and on a pile.  The ball was over the 1.5 yard line when he tried the extension...even if he had maintained control no way was the ball crossing the plane.  He should not have even been in the game though and we should have been running clock not running tempo.  Our coaches have a lower football IQ than drunk fans.  Its fucking sad.

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

1. not trying to get points with 55 seconds left in the half.....many many many people commented what a pussy move that was

2. Ingram carries the ball improperly he does not hold the tip of the ball.....look at the long run he broke and he was not holding the tip of the ball and he did bring his other hand up to secure it when getting tackled, but the ball was not secure in his hand

3. Ingram reaching out for the TD.....that shit is ALWAYS stupid and then the fact that he again did not have the ball properly held in his hand and viola he fumbled

that is just poor coaching of fundamentals......fundamentals of holding the ball and the stupidity of reaching the ball out one handed in a pile

4. completely and totally stupid penalties that time and again cost field position....not properly lining up and other dumb shit like personal fouls on a kick off that was a TOUCH BACK.......that is just total buffoonery and reflect a team with no accountability

again this is in addition to shit play calling, in ability to play D and bad special teams the above are things that are EASILY corrected and yet are not corrected and allowed to happen or the decision is made to do them

what others am I missing I am sure there are dozens more

and the talking heads are right now talking about how you simply cannot extend the ball out like that at the goal line......simple coaching

5.  We used the word “viola” (a stringed instrument) when we meant to use “voila” (French for ‘see there’) or the surlyism “wallah.”

Edited by Guadaloopy

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

just watch our receivers try to block, tells you all you need to know

That’s a really good point that doesnt get talked enough on. They are atrocious at blocking. They basically have no pride in doing so, and it’s not surprising that when DBs get physical with them they wilt. 

I'm not reading the thread because who wants to relive that nigthmare. 

I'll just say that I'm beginning to feel about Okafor the way I used to feel about the linebacker Killebrew. I don't often get down on players, but Okafor has surely killed more possessions than anyone else on the team. I'm sick of his holding, false starts, and failure to pick up tricky pass rushing.

I'd love to see him redeem himself, but I don't expect it. If I'm tiresomely repeating others, apologies.

Going full fucking turtle and trying to nurse a 3 point lead with less than 6 minutes to go and the ball inside our 15. Two fucking dumbass run plays where we ran E-W and tap dancing for a hole, 2nd down with Sam, setting up yet another 3rd and long.

Patterson ate that up. He knew they'd get the ball back and a first down would guarantee a fg attempt for the tie. Of course we gave a 5 yard hole for Duggan to run in the winning score, but it was just so fucking stupid.

Hey Tom. Your only chance to win is if Sam and the offense holds the ball at the end. Look it up in your folder.

We used have an acronym in old school medicine: "TNTC"

"Too numerous to count"

It referred to numbers of bacteria in infected piss.

I think that works right now as it applies to our team's collective woes.

Especially the infected piss part.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anybody else notice how much our defenders, behind the trenches, take each other out of a play? Someone gets a hand on the ball carrier and one of our other guys knocks him out of the play, or injures a teammate. A perfect example was Overshown getting hit under the chin. They are so intent on delivering a devastating blow and still don't use their arms to wrap up.

CHIEF