2020 VP Debates: Kamala Harris vs. Mike Pence; Special Guest: COVID-19

Mrs Whiggins

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pence was tired, worn out, defeated. low energy  

Poor tactics for a law and order candidate. Law and order candidates respect laws, rules, agreements, and order. Decorum. When you ignore the moderator - you cannot run on a law and order ticket. Nixon and Trump will be synonymous for corruption of office. 

Congress has ceded too much power to the President - whomever is in office. Congress decides what is law - not the Executive, who executes the laws Congress write. That has to be a priority in next Congress. I get no sense Pence is doing anything other than waiting to be replaced. That is a checked out politician. 

Sen. Harris struck a good balance. 

• gold - Harris, D
  • silver - Fly, anarchist - don't matter
  • bronze - Susan Paige for letting his colors shine through.

Pence had multiple opportunities to be gracious and chose the low road. If Pence cannot see the writing on the wall, we are doomed. He's a bit smarter than that - thankfully. 

Kamala was smooth. Smart. charming, cool. Calming. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

@Pancho

So did the moderator lie to America?  At the beginning (28:20) she states, "One note, no one in either campaign, or at the commission, or anywhere else, has been told in advance what topics I'll raise, or what questions I'll ask."

She should have started that answer with the public needs to know about the president's health, both physical and fiscal.  If she knew the questions her answers would have been sharper.  

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

(Don't overthink this.  It's simply about censorship, not favoring one candidate over the other.)

Is it? Or is it a random twitter post that has been posted at least 2 other times on this thread. (1) why the fuck would I believe this? (2) even if I did, why should anyone care? and (3) why the fuck is a vp the debate airing in china? I assume it had that one guy watching it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

@Pancho

So did the moderator lie to America?  At the beginning (28:20) she states, "One note, no one in either campaign, or at the commission, or anywhere else, has been told in advance what topics I'll raise, or what questions I'll ask."

This is seriously proof she knew something beforehand? hahahahahahaha She is just repeating the moderator's words to validate shutting him up. Classic female tactic. Agreeing with someone else and repeating their words. Familiar isn't it?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Are you saying Trump helped the poor?

think about scaling that constituent base and you uncover the problem. once see the volume of wealth transfer flowing up, you see trump was just part of that game. 

We started decoupling from China under Obama policy - which Trump continues (correctly) and so will Biden. It's not Obama's idea, but he got it moving. Biden was on the other side of that equation in earlier days. Economists were wrong.

Now the Chinese literally beat us at . . . Capitalism. We gave them the rope to hang us.  Communist Capitalism is OP.  So we changed policy - correctly but  that is a lot of capital cleaved apart and markets hate uncertainty. We are nearing the end of a divisive one-term President. Carter was a one-termer. Bush I was a one-termer.  No shame in that. Carter was a neoliberal technocrat - dixie style. (Everyone was a neoliberal after Ford). Bush I was the end of the divisive Reagan era and the Clintons seemed nice.

Trump is the populist experiment that banished populism as a viable political movement. (thanks? I guess?) It literally turned into a death cult - sans masque. It communicated to a media silo to fence in the herd. It hardened its message with blm along racial and poverty lines. Those are sensitive fault lines. Anyone playing with them wants civil war. 

You know what Putin's greatest goal is?  To cause civil war in the United States.  

No American is on Team Civil War. The right needs to stand down first. We are about to have an election. The world is watching and shitheads committing violent crimes sell ads. Don't feed the beast. 

We did not spend trillions on the poor like we did for the billionaire boys. Those boys got rich off of pandemic. The fiscal response is long overdue and will now need to be . . . substantial. The engine needs maintenance to its non-shiny parts. 

21 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Y’all are free to cheer on your candidate and feel like he won but to say Harris was “disastrously bad” has no basis in reality.  So in summary, fuck all the way off with that bullshit.

well it's Ben Shapiro, when has he ever been reality based?  I can't think of a time.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, washparkhorn said:

think about scaling that constituent base and you uncover the problem. once see the volume of wealth transfer flowing up, you see trump was just part of that game. 

We did not spend trillions on the poor like we did for the billionaire boys. Those boys got rich off of pandemic. The fiscal response is long overdue and will now need to be . . . substantial. The engine needs maintenance to its non-shiny parts. 

Oh, I agree. Trump giving money like there's no tomorrow to companies is definitely not great. Hell, I said so way back at the beginning of the pandemic. I'm not sure spending money at all will help. I do get the sentiment of giving money to those out of work while government forcibly shuts work down.

Trump is going to be pissed off about and blame Pence for that fly landing on his head and stealing all the attention.

Their whole campaign probably lost their collective shit while watching.

I can practically see Pence groveling and apologizing for it as Trump rages.

And that all makes me happy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Trump is going to be pissed off about and blame Pence for that fly landing on his head and stealing all the attention.

SNL this weekend is going to be off the chart!
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Read more  

SNL this weekend is going to be off the chart!

First thing I thought of: Is that a fucking fly on his head?

Second thing I thought of: SNL 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

@Pancho

Are you dumb? The candidates don’t go in blind. They’re told the topics but they’re not told the specific questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

@Pancho

This seems to be the ‘new’ talking point post debate. As opposed to discussing the actual content of the debate ( common houseflies excepted) the focus is on an imagined conspiracy once again between the moderator and a candidate. 

Prior to Harris speaking, Susan Page uses the word ‘segue way’ as the topic moves from taxes and tax cuts to the economy and Harris repeats (mirrors) that word back at her. That is all she does and I wouldn’t have thought it worthy of a reply until seeing it splayed across various chat rooms. It is not an uncommon device and without citing literature, more often used by women, both with body language and when speaking. 

Harris was listening to what the moderator was saying. That is the sign, IMO, of someone who is sincerely attempting to answer the question as opposed to simply talking around and over them. 

The format of these “debates” has to change, or they needed to be nuked from orbit. The lack of follow up questions after two minutes of dancing around the actual question to get to your prepared talking points is maddening. If we’re not going to get their actual positions on record, what is the point?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The Tsetse fly kills 10,000 humans every year, and is one of the five deadliest animals on Earth for people. 

But Mike Pence kills 210,000 humans every year.  

Advantage, Pence. 

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The thought of Trump relentlessly making fun of Pence for the fly is going to make me laugh all day

You could argue that it's doing Pence a favor. Google 'fly' this morning and it's all the top hits. We'll see how it plays out. It reminds me of the bat scene from one of the Crocodile Dundee movies.

The format of these “debates” has to change, or they needed to be nuked from orbit. The lack of follow up questions after two minutes of dancing around the actual question to get to your prepared talking points is maddening. If we’re not going to get their actual positions on record, what is the point?

Agreed...3 topics, 30 min, no moderators

Or 6 topics, 15 min