Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

48 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lollll at Tony Grimes getting second team behind a freshman.

I’ve heard so many guys at the office hyping Grimes up. This brought me joy. 
They have also been hyping weigman so lol at him being even with Johnson. 

12 hours ago, MH BEVO said:

I’ve heard so many guys at the office hyping Grimes up. This brought me joy. 
They have also been hyping weigman so lol at him being even with Johnson. 

In case you haven't figured it out, they're always going to be hyping someone.

I can still recall the excitement over what a badass Jackson Appel was. Not to mention Dennis Franchione, Mike Sherman, Kevin Sumlin, and Jimbo Fisher.  Oh, and John Chavis and his snuffboy.

• Like 1

(In this report, a pretty significant "development" because of its absence - not a mention of Grimes or McCall. (Until someone asked in the Q&A.))

Texas A&M's open practice: Developments in the secondary

Tarp (Aggie 247)

Spoiler

Tarp (Aggie 247)

- There were some noticeable personnel developments on Sunday at the cornerback spot opposite Tyreek Chappell and that tended to catch the attention of most people that were at Texas A&M's open practice.

The Aggies rotated transfer Josh DeBerry and frosh Jayvon Thomas at one corner spot and it will be interesting to see if this is a permanent arrangement. A&M brought in DeBerry to give him a look on the outside even though his pedigree was concerned primarily working on the interior at Boston College. Thomas is an outstanding athlete with a little more size and the advantage of being an early enrollee in comparison to fellow frosh Brayvion Rogers.

Both have their plusses and minuses...Thomas is quicker while DeBerry understands routes and route combinations better which gives him an extra step that he lacks in pure speed. For example, Thomas got picked on a mesh route that no one communicated to him while DeBerry struggled more when he had to run downfield with people. Technically, DeBerry is ahead in terms of things like his backpedal and he's going to be lower in it than Thomas (who can negate his considerable speed because of this).

- Chappell has always been an aggressive player but he seems to be getting more handsy in coverage as time goes and it's noticeable when you watch him in isolation. He's incurred eight penalties in his career and he had a play on Sunday that would have been whistled for one in a game. You have to like his aggressiveness but he could sink his hips better and keep his eyes upfield more in trail coverage.

- There wasn't much happening between the hashes in 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 passing game due to the presence of second year man Bryce Anderson. He won a one on one rep in the drills where the wideouts are given a step on the corners versus go routes which is very hard to do. He can turn his shoulders and hips more like a corner and comprehend where you want to go as a receiver before you get more than two steps out of your route. He's also a sure tackler in terms of getting people wrapped up in thud tempo.

- Finally, I'm going to focus on one of the few people that were missing from the event was safety Demani Richardson.

Richardson had the two spectacular game changing returns for touchdowns last season that pretty much gave the Aggies their only two wins in Southeastern Conference play. Beyond that, Richardson has been a consistently good box safety for A&M over the past few years, someone who generally takes the best angles versus the run game and doesn't miss a lot of tackles (although that was more of an issue for him in 2022 given the number of chances he got due to the issues of the rushing defense).

The unit looked like it missed him on Sunday given the number of long runs they had to face. Richardson's presence usually means that things get cleaned up on the back end of the defense and that didn't happen as often with his absence.

There's something to be said about being in the right place at the right time and Richardson brings that to the unit via his knowledge and experience.

From the Q&A in the thread following the article:

image.thumb.png.f4d9d70787b963e6585fbb7bc329b212.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That twat launched an Ap without a website, and no ability to learn anything else about the company. Maybe he's got more info in the ap, but I'll let one of you clowns download that shit and explore. Either way, this ain't a great look.

image.thumb.png.7e3d5709949bb0c78a6d182307397ed5.png

Woah man slow your roll. You forgot one of the three ways he misspelled narrative. It's TheNaritiv. The second a should be an i. 

And he does have a website https://www.thenaritiv.com/

But the website only has one page with twelve total words and no information about the company lol. But hey if you click the email in the bottom right it refreshes the page. That's a feature

• Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(In this report, a pretty significant "development" because of its absence - not a mention of Grimes or McCall. (Until someone asked in the Q&A.))

Tarp (Aggie 247)

Reveal hidden contents

Tarp (Aggie 247)

- There were some noticeable personnel developments on Sunday at the cornerback spot opposite Tyreek Chappell and that tended to catch the attention of most people that were at Texas A&M's open practice.

The Aggies rotated transfer Josh DeBerry and frosh Jayvon Thomas at one corner spot and it will be interesting to see if this is a permanent arrangement. A&M brought in DeBerry to give him a look on the outside even though his pedigree was concerned primarily working on the interior at Boston College. Thomas is an outstanding athlete with a little more size and the advantage of being an early enrollee in comparison to fellow frosh Brayvion Rogers.

Both have their plusses and minuses...Thomas is quicker while DeBerry understands routes and route combinations better which gives him an extra step that he lacks in pure speed. For example, Thomas got picked on a mesh route that no one communicated to him while DeBerry struggled more when he had to run downfield with people. Technically, DeBerry is ahead in terms of things like his backpedal and he's going to be lower in it than Thomas (who can negate his considerable speed because of this).

- Chappell has always been an aggressive player but he seems to be getting more handsy in coverage as time goes and it's noticeable when you watch him in isolation. He's incurred eight penalties in his career and he had a play on Sunday that would have been whistled for one in a game. You have to like his aggressiveness but he could sink his hips better and keep his eyes upfield more in trail coverage.

- There wasn't much happening between the hashes in 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 passing game due to the presence of second year man Bryce Anderson. He won a one on one rep in the drills where the wideouts are given a step on the corners versus go routes which is very hard to do. He can turn his shoulders and hips more like a corner and comprehend where you want to go as a receiver before you get more than two steps out of your route. He's also a sure tackler in terms of getting people wrapped up in thud tempo.

- Finally, I'm going to focus on one of the few people that were missing from the event was safety Demani Richardson.

Richardson had the two spectacular game changing returns for touchdowns last season that pretty much gave the Aggies their only two wins in Southeastern Conference play. Beyond that, Richardson has been a consistently good box safety for A&M over the past few years, someone who generally takes the best angles versus the run game and doesn't miss a lot of tackles (although that was more of an issue for him in 2022 given the number of chances he got due to the issues of the rushing defense).

The unit looked like it missed him on Sunday given the number of long runs they had to face. Richardson's presence usually means that things get cleaned up on the back end of the defense and that didn't happen as often with his absence.

There's something to be said about being in the right place at the right time and Richardson brings that to the unit via his knowledge and experience.

From the Q&A in the thread following the article:

image.thumb.png.f4d9d70787b963e6585fbb7bc329b212.png

So you’re telling me that Grimes, who has sucked his entire college career, still sucks now that he’s in CS? Crazy 

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Woah man slow your roll. You forgot one of the three ways he misspelled narrative. It's TheNaritiv. The second a should be an i. 

And he does have a website https://www.thenaritiv.com/

But the website only has one page with twelve total words and no information about the company lol. But hey if you click the email in the bottom right it refreshes the page. That's a feature

Well fuck me. 

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Will be interesting how this impacts their class.  I'm sure this has been essentially the entirety of their NIL pitch to their players.  What happens now?  

This won't impact their class. And this would have nothing to do with a pitch to players. What happens now is that their small and medium sized donors who wanted loyalty miles will probably dry up to some degree next season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This won't impact their class. And this would have nothing to do with a pitch to players. What happens now is that their small and medium sized donors who wanted loyalty miles will probably dry up to some degree next season. 

I think I see what you're saying here. If you're a rent-a-player and taking re-bid’s every year for your services, it doesn’t matter...  as long as transfer portal rules don’t change. 

Does the recruit (or his family/agent) intending to be on campus 3+ yrs look at this and perceive a risk to what they were projected, promised, or signed up for in the out years? 

Not sure if NIL contract durations are typically 1 year, multi year, open ended.

11 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

I think I see what you're saying here. If you're a rent-a-player and taking re-bid’s every year for your services, it doesn’t matter...  as long as transfer portal rules don’t change. 

Does the recruit (or his family/agent) intending to be on campus 3+ yrs look at this and perceive a risk to what they were projected, promised, or signed up for in the out years? 

Not sure if NIL contract durations are typically 1 year, multi year, open ended.

That's not actually what I was saying at all. Nothing I wrote had anything to do with a perspective from a player side at all. What I meant was that the A&M mentality is that they demand to get something for their money/efforts. Which is true everywhere, but their culture to a degree is worse than most. Players aren't going to concern themselves with this shit, if theyre even aware of what that fund is in the first place. For them, the market is the market, and they'll get paid what they get paid, either as a recruit or a year to year mercenary. 

What I meant with my post is that the A&M donors, small and medium sized, saw an avenue to get something for their donation. A carrot for shelling out that extra money. Loyalty points, better seats, etc. Gotta get something to part with that hard earned Aggie cash. I believe there is a not-insignficant portion of A&M fanbase that was willing to give money to NIL to get loyalty points and other swag, who will be unwilling to do so for just the "good of the aggie program." I think this mentality exists in greater effect within the A&M culture than it does in the Texas culture, although I'm not sitting here telling you that fucking fundrasing has been easy. 

I don't see this even showing up on a player/families radar. Either they get what they're promised or they don't. The outcomes from there don't change. And contracts can be written up however the fuck you want. Monthly, yearly, whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's not actually what I was saying at all. Nothing I wrote had anything to do with a perspective from a player side at all. What I meant was that the A&M mentality is that they demand to get something for their money/efforts. Which is true everywhere, but their culture to a degree is worse than most. Players aren't going to concern themselves with this shit, if theyre even aware of what that fund is in the first place. For them, the market is the market, and they'll get paid what they get paid, either as a recruit or a year to year mercenary. 

What I meant with my post is that the A&M donors, small and medium sized, saw an avenue to get something for their donation. A carrot for shelling out that extra money. Loyalty points, better seats, etc. Gotta get something to part with that hard earned Aggie cash. I believe there is a not-insignficant portion of A&M fanbase that was willing to give money to NIL to get loyalty points and other swag, who will be unwilling to do so for just the "good of the aggie program." I think this mentality exists in greater effect within the A&M culture than it does in the Texas culture, although I'm not sitting here telling you that fucking fundrasing has been easy. 

I don't see this even showing up on a player/families radar. Either they get what they're promised or they don't. The outcomes from there don't change. And contracts can be written up however the fuck you want. Monthly, yearly, whatever. 

That's an interesting take on their attempt to crowd fund that I hadn't considered. I had somewhat thought that they might be able to compile the biggest subscription donor base in the country because their university is huge and if there's one thing an aggy knows how to do it's shut up and get in line and do what they are told, but there is also that element to them that you brought up that's true for sure. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Good stuff is bullshitting them on still going after simmons when they weren’t even on the table for yesterday’s announcement, and then saying they will need to flip a committed rb?

All they need is for Texas, LSU, and Miami to have shitty seasons while they rack up double digit wins, ya stupid sip!

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's Billy time

F3Q5oGYXsAgKc2t?format=webp&name=mediumF3Q5oSfXsAYl5PQ?format=webp&name=mediumF3Q5ofPXsAkdfnR?format=webp&name=mediumF3Q5oqfXsBEExB_?format=webp&name=medium

You know things are bleak when the only thing TexAgs can come up with is “our recruiting will turn around if we win this year” as if they won’t suck again and the current season ever has a big impact on that year’s recruiting class. They are absolutely fucked. 

• Haha 2