Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

A lot of y’all are missing the point. Re-read (or read for the first time @Pato del Muerto’s post above). It’s not about what the recruits think it’s about finding NIL and A&M needs emotionally hooked boosters right now. The close loss was to sell gullible boosters on funding their bag game. Money will get players so they just need the money. And as an incentive, boosters will see NIL as cheaper than a contractual buyout.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, troph said:

A lot of y’all are missing the point. Re-read (or read for the first time @Pato del Muerto’s post above). It’s not about what the recruits think it’s about finding NIL and A&M needs emotionally hooked boosters right now. The close loss was to sell gullible boosters on funding their bag game. Money will get players so they just need the money. And as an incentive, boosters will see NIL as cheaper than a contractual buyout.

I get what you're saying, but I think Texas being good is a far bigger hook for aggy boosters than anything Jimbo will ever do or not do. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Kwix said:

I get what you're saying, but I think Texas being good is a far bigger hook for aggy boosters than anything Jimbo will ever do or not do. 

Probably true and hope that talent can win despite jumbo because they lost a close game is aggy fools gold.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get @Pato del Muerto ‘s point and it’s probably not wrong. But if it’s the case that the boosters are just pot-committed to Jimbo and chasing good money after bad, then yesterday’s result shouldn’t make any difference. That was the worst Bama team since Saban’s first year there, and ATM couldn’t beat them yet again, at home, largely because of coaching malpractice rather than a huge talent discrepancy. If anything, watching that game might make someone think that the right person (cough: Urban Meyer :cough) could take the talent that’s on campus already  and get over the hump with it. 

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I get @Pato del Muerto ‘s point and it’s probably not wrong. But if it’s the case that the boosters are just pot-committed to Jimbo and chasing good money after bad, then yesterday’s result shouldn’t make any difference. That was the worst Bama team since Saban’s first year there, and ATM couldn’t beat them yet again, at home, largely because of coaching malpractice rather than a huge talent discrepancy. If anything, watching that game might make someone think that the right person (cough: Urban Meyer :cough) could take the talent that’s on campus already  and get over the hump with it. 

If only there were a precedent for someone inheriting a talented team and winning a MNC in spite of his <100 IQ. Where could they find someone like that?

leseats.0.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know Jimbo is a snake oil salesman but how many times can you sell close losses when you're 6 years in. At least Sark is in year 3 and showing progress.

These two things aren’t equivalent. A&M showed they still aren’t good enough but will try to sell that they are just a few pieces away. We were good enough. We had the lead Witt a min. We didn’t lose bc we don’t have the players. Ours was just a freak as outcome from a freak ass game. Everyone that watched saw that was a freak ass game. Not an indictment of where our program is.

We can’t pretend the two programs are in the same spot. We’re legitimate they are smoke and mirrors and it will forever be next year.
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

These two things aren’t equivalent. A&M showed they still aren’t good enough but will try to sell that they are just a few pieces away. We were good enough. We had the lead Witt a min. We didn’t lose bc we don’t have the players. Ours was just a freak as outcome from a freak ass game. Everyone that watched saw that was a freak ass game. Not an indictment of where our program is.

We can’t pretend the two programs are in the same spot. We’re legitimate they are smoke and mirrors and it will forever be next year.

Well we coulda used 1 more cb or maybe a safety

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

If anything, watching that game might make someone think that the right person (cough: Urban Meyer :cough) could take the talent that’s on campus already  and get over the hump with it. 

I’m not sure Urban would be successful in today’s college environment. He’s such an asshole, his portal defections might equal Deion’s roster turnover 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m not sure Urban would be successful in today’s college environment. He’s such an asshole, his portal defections might equal Deion’s roster turnover 

That would be glorious. Make it so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

4-2 is halfway to 8-4 is it not?  They’re right on schedule.  Gonna need one of their three roadies remaining though againt Tennessee, ole miss, and lsu. 

Yeah, but they are running out of G5/FCS schools. They only have 1 during the back half of the schedule. Tennessee, Ole Miss, and LSU are going to be losses.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, but they are running out of G5/FCS schools. They only have 1 during the back half of the schedule. Tennessee, Ole Miss, and LSU are going to be losses.

I want to think they'll have the yearly loss at home to a team they should beat, but Miss. State and South Carolina probably ain't gone do it.  Wish the Pirate was still around.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

I want to think they'll have the yearly loss at home to a team they should beat, but Miss. State and South Carolina probably ain't gone do it.  Wish the Pirate was still around.

Yeah, their floor right now is 7-5. Boosters aren't giving to bags when they are going to have to scrap together the money to buy him and his assistants out.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Traded that for taking an L against an actual team on the road in out of conference play. 

9 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

They should continue to focus on DL and WR

when keeping Dameyune Craig isn't the decision you make with a position coach year over year (it's keeping Steve Addazio) you have made a huge mistake.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The good thing is, there is a difference between what a staff is thinking and telling folks covering the sport and what reality looks like when it sets in.

The buzz isn't good. One of the folks I know pretty well who has helped in recruiting that I've told stories about before isn't pumped about a close loss. They're convinced, this week, the guy is a loser who will never get him over the top. We'll see if a win in Rocky Top or some streak after that changes anything. These are aggies. 

Either way it should have been double digit win if not for Dallas Turner penalty on the blocked kick. 

Reality sets in fast when you aren't playing at home. Knoxville should be rowdy for them.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

Reality sets in fast when you aren't playing at home. Knoxville should be rowdy for them.

The Vols are coming off a bye week as well.  Although my guess is they were more getting ready for Bama, who they play the week after the Ags, than really prepping for A&M.  Hopefully they aren't looking past this game.  Tennessee doesn't appear to be good enough to look past anybody and it not be a problem.

49 minutes ago, NoName said:

they may not be able to fire him $$ wise but they can turn off the spigots quickly and remind him who is really in charge.

I can see boosters who decide to not throw good money after bad, but this scenario of "I'm going to show Jimbo by not funding recruiting" is just wishcasting.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

The Vols are coming off a bye week as well.  Although my guess is they were more getting ready for Bama, who they play the week after the Ags, than really prepping for A&M.  Hopefully they aren't looking past this game.  Tennessee doesn't appear to be good enough to look past anybody and it not be a problem.

A&M’s DL better come ready to play for that game to be close. If Milton shows up at all, Tenn wins. 

Same offense our guys just went up against, but with slightly better skill players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know several aggies that are pretty high up on the food chain for the boosters and I have been informed that the money for the buyout is already in place.   Generally speaking these individuals are pretty sane, (not about football or anything else related to aggy) but in regards to other aspects of their respective lives.  I don't know if it is bullshit or not but the general consensus even before this game was jimbo has to go.   I personally would love to see the jimbo experiment continue...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

I know several aggies that are pretty high up on the food chain for the boosters and I have been informed that the money for the buyout is already in place. 

I'm sure you're being honest about what they said, but I wonder how honest they were being with you.

Aggies are sure that they are richer than they are. They are sure of a lot of things about themselves which are clearly untrue. I can imagine some Aggie boosters with "buddies close to the Big Money Ags" claiming to know what's going on.

I think $90MM to dump Jimbo and the boys and maybe three quarters of that same amount promised over the next 8 years for a big-name replacement is a tall order. $150MM over the next 7 years is some serious money, Frank.*

*Scarface

Edited by RomaVicta