Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If what is said is true then I don't think we'd pursue.....but who knows.

Maybe. I just think you can potentially sell Stewart on a contract year with Worthy and Mitchell being drafted high.

"Hey get your shit together and do what I tell you on offense. You will get drafted high." 

• Hook 'Em 1

This will be interesting look at big program change in time of portal. Great players have an easier path to go somewhere else rather than staying and going through a rebuild where new coaches try and install culture and their system or bring in their guys.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, Bruh Man said:

They are throwing a shitload of talented players at the problem so damn straight recruiting matters. Eventually, the talent will overcome Jumbo's deficiencies. But to answer your question directly, I've always said that 2023/24 are when they start winning big (playoffs). This is the year before the year for A&M much like it is for us. I have never been bullish on this QB so he'll either have to become serviceable over the next year or Weigman will need to be ready by next season. Either way, I am very bullish on them getting at least 9 wins next year and 10 the following year as long as they don't have a mass exodus of disgruntled players. 

This notion that I have been predicting playoffs the last 5+ years for them is a total misnomer that you created out of your peanut brain. 

... to the tune of 6-4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Not a Sock said:

Calling it now, they didn’t raise the money to fire Jimbo they’re going to either finance it or just straight up dump the cost on the BOR and make the A&M system pay for it.

This is so insane. If they did this that’s even worse than losing nil would be very aggy

• Rage+1 1

I am not a fan of firing coaches mid-season. Although that appears to be more of the SOP than waiting till the end now. 

It was clearly time to get rid of Jimbo, you’re either paying him 76 million now or paying him 76 million to keep phoning it in and make chaotic coordinator hires for several more season. I expect the transfer portal to bite hard but then again it bit us hard last season when we kept Jimbo. The bottom line is that he kept losing games to teams with objectively worse players than he had. During his tenure here I think we can say he identified and hired one truly good coordinator in Mike Elko.

I’d like to see Elko back on the sidelines, although I can see the argument that Traylor is better positioned to recruit the state. After several seasons of flaming and creative collapses providing the only entertainment for me as an Aggie, let’s go get Lane Kiffen and take this shit to straight to streaming levels of explosive crap. 

20 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am not a fan of firing coaches mid-season. Although that appears to be more of the SOP than waiting till the end now. 

It was clearly time to get rid of Jimbo, you’re either paying him 76 million now or paying him 76 million to keep phoning it in and make chaotic coordinator hires for several more season. I expect the transfer portal to bite hard but then again it bit us hard last season when we kept Jimbo. The bottom line is that he kept losing games to teams with objectively worse players than he had. During his tenure here I think we can say he identified and hired one truly good coordinator in Mike Elko.

I’d like to see Elko back on the sidelines, although I can see the argument that Traylor is better positioned to recruit the state. After several seasons of flaming and creative collapses providing the only entertainment for me as an Aggie, let’s go get Lane Kiffen and take this shit to straight to streaming levels of explosive crap. 

Well now you get to pay jimbo AND another coach simultaneously for 6 years. 

it will be disgusting if this money comes from anywhere other than the athletic dept. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1