Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am not a fan of firing coaches mid-season. Although that appears to be more of the SOP than waiting till the end now. 

It was clearly time to get rid of Jimbo, you’re either paying him 76 million now or paying him 76 million to keep phoning it in and make chaotic coordinator hires for several more season. I expect the transfer portal to bite hard but then again it bit us hard last season when we kept Jimbo. The bottom line is that he kept losing games to teams with objectively worse players than he had. During his tenure here I think we can say he identified and hired one truly good coordinator in Mike Elko.

I’d like to see Elko back on the sidelines, although I can see the argument that Traylor is better positioned to recruit the state. After several seasons of flaming and creative collapses providing the only entertainment for me as an Aggie, let’s go get Lane Kiffen and take this shit to straight to streaming levels of explosive crap. 

the reason it happens way way way more often is because Les Miles a few years ago won enough games that they couldn't fire him, then had to wait to fire him the next year.

im guessing we see more Coach O style things where coaches are fired and they ask him to stay on for the rest of the year.

31 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I expect the transfer portal to bite hard but then again it bit us hard last season when we kept Jimbo.

But I was told none of the portal departures last off-season were major losses.

31 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

During his tenure here I think we can say he identified and hired one truly good coordinator in Mike Elko.

But I was told Petrino was a heist and he and Jimbo were creating a revolutionary offense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Then: "We money whipped a sitting championship head coach."
Now: "We are paying a loser head coach to sit."

So what your telling me is Aggy hired a national championship coach, gave him every resource to win, he recruited highly ranked classes, and they had to fire him for not being able to win anything?

I wonder what the problem is?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

So what your telling me is Aggy hired a national championship coach, gave him every resource to win, he recruited highly ranked classes, and they had to fire him for not being able to win anything?

They reek of desperation, desperation to win, to be respected, to be liked. They know they a weird fucking cult. They want everyone to like their weird Milkmen ways. They'll over pay thinking they can buy respect.

Desperate people do not win. They can only mitigate the suffering.

10 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Don't over think. Jimbo is an absolute loser who won on the back of Jameis. Aggy has its problems but let's not act like Jimbo isnt a cuck.

I still think it’s hilarious how sloppy this is and how many leaks there are with no official communications from the university. They completely fucked this up as an institution. 

Not gonna lie kinda reminds me of when we were flirting with Urban Meyer and Tom Herman never thought he was getting fired. Although the affair was all over twitter.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I still think it’s hilarious how sloppy this is and how many leaks there are with no official communications from the university. They completely fucked this up as an institution. 

there is only one reason they haven't formally announced it (and won't until they are ready) and that's the 30 day timer that requires them to pay 20%.

what a hamhanded way to handle things. but should we expect anything more?

edit: they just announced it @immamac

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

What is this

from the language in his extension:

Fisher will be due 20% of the buyout within 30 days (approximately $19.2 million), and will then receive the remainder of the buyout annually for the next eight years ($7.2 million per year)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

from the language in his extension:

image.png?ex=655e24a8&is=654bafa8&hm=729a2a4aa200596cb9bb1e366a149d1faad98f26d3bdab3fa3a81cde12861308&

Throw in:

8-10 million staff buyout
8-10 million for new staff
5-15 million for new HC
5-10 million or more for sitting HC buyout

We're looking at 50 million plus spent within a year.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png?ex=655e24a8&is=654bafa8&hm=729a2a4aa200596cb9bb1e366a149d1faad98f26d3bdab3fa3a81cde12861308&

Throw in:

8-10mm for the new staff is too conservative. If they go for their definition of a home run hire (sitting MNC coach, etc), they’ll have to pay Dabo or Urban at least a 25% premium over Jimbo. 

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Throw in:

5-15 million for new HC

Memory lane:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2018/04/04/the-full-details-on-texas-am-s-expensive-parting-gift-to-kevin-sumlin/?outputType=amp

they signed sumlin to a 5 year $30 million extension, fired him with 2 years left, paid him 9.9 million, and he then signed a 5 year deal with Arizona for about half price 14.5 million. Amazing financial prowess aggy continues to display. 

but I guess it’s not their money. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NoName said:

there is only one reason they haven't formally announced it (and won't until they are ready) and that's the 30 day timer that requires them to pay 20%.

what a hamhanded way to handle things. but should we expect anything more?

edit: they just announced it @immamac

Didn’t he say his only regret about the Jimbo contract was that he couldn’t do it for 15 years guaranteed?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

How does Bjork keep his job? AD has to take some blame for this failure and the contractual albatross that was given.

As a non-$9.95er, I honestly have no idea how much autonomy a P5 AD has in negotiations or selections of the HFC at A&M or anywhere else. I suspect there’s no standard answer. 

27 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

How does Bjork keep his job? AD has to take some blame for this failure and the contractual albatross that was given.

I repeat:  was anyone held accountable for killing 12 kids?

No accountability. Advantage aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep. They can tack on a new student fee to cover most of it. 

"It's just a one-time fee on your tuition bill of $1250. It's an incredible value. Trust us. Whoop!"

29 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Every taxpayer in the state should sue if they try and use state funds for a $76 million buyout. 

If only it were $76 million. Don't forget assistants and buyouts for the new staff.

• Drool 1

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looch gonna' have to work extra hard to spin the new hire as being better than Dumbo.

He will get there easily. Probably already has it written.

Coach________ has that fire that jimbo lost after reaching the mountaintop in 2013.  Coach ________ isn’t stubbornly beholden to outdated football. Not only will the program now run the best offensive schemes out there, they will constantly be looking to improve upon them.  And thanks to the aggy network, recruiting will continue to be elite. The future has never been brighter than it is today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:

Why, he persuaded Sankey to schedule the resumption of the t.u. Rivalry at Pyle Field in 2024. 
That’s heavyweight influence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looch gonna' have to work extra hard to spin the new hire as being better than Dumbo.

Oh but he will.  It will be coup.  Bjork will bring greatness to aggieland and make them a force to be reckoned with at the highest levels of football. And you know the onlookers in Austin and Tuscaloosa won't admit it, but this sets up a geologic shift in the power structure of the league.