Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If it's Stoops, there's no telling how many candidates they struck out on. 

I'll have you know Sir William Looch will have a sunshine pumping article about how aggy got its #1 guy all along, the media was all wrong, and everyone from Norman, OK to Austin, to Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa are shaking scared right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'll have you know Sir William Looch will have a sunshine pumping article about how aggy got its #1 guy all along, the media was all wrong, and everyone from Norman, OK to Austin, to Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa are shaking scared right now.

Stoops might have made sense 2 years ago. The last 1.5 years at Kentucky have been bad. I mean really bad. This from someone that thought Stoops was actually a pretty good coach before this complete meltdown over the last 18 months. 

Even Kentucky fans have bailed on Stoops. They're also apparently about to lose quite a few players to the portal. I refuse to believe this is who they are actually hiring. 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Scared you say? 

Plan 2024 as I like to call it 

Elegant, articulate, definitive...almost brings tears to your eyes. This man is earning his money.

image.png.0af21f1a27e288c2280aebe7aeb8bf97.png

Perception! A lot of people missed this. They wouldn't have even been smart enough to realize the need for perceiving what a football score really means deep down. Of course, it's all interpretation. Some likely perceive the "slipping away" as victory if the opponent is good enough. Those are the true Aggie geniuses.

This is what A&M wants the new head coach is going to have to do!

This man gets a paycheck for such perceptive, interpretive, and literary skills.

image.png.f5d06cc778f33304da633959379097a1.png

Everybody outside of you, your micro-managing board or morons, and your readers are actually very sure that they wouldn't characterize this as reloading.

image.png.205554a55c5fc2c2600b59f0032a3fe0.png

image.png.7dcf6e3651ede0ded4ac5b2fa299b700.png

image.png.50688c7f08348ecb918028f8d4463ffd.png

Somebody had a fart hose installed in the seat of their pants that runs strait to a facemask. Talent! Talen! Talent!

image.png.942f7fac378b927a4bd278d8f445fd67.png

Lot's of perceiving going on. Where's all the rough tuff real stuff they sing about?

Resources? Facilities, facilities, facilities! They're like some ancient religion that believes offering the right sacrifice will please the gods. If we keep placing ever more extravagant facilities on the altar, we will win the holy natty.

Resources? We're richer than anybody anywhere ever!

Huffing your own farts is no way to go through life, sonny.

image.png.7672cf8f0f048185be7770ca5d8350ac.png

Can there have ever been a more apt expression of Aggie hopes? Just switch out the year but not the pronoun at the end of each new season.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They seem intent on keeping that defensive staff for some reason. I bet this is a big reason they want Stoops. He would keep the defensive staff. 

I guess because they’re poor. If you’re talking out loud about needing to trim the travel budget and cut analyst positions that’s a bad fucking sign. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They seem intent on keeping that defensive staff for some reason. I bet this is a big reason they want Stoops. He would keep the defensive staff. 

Because they can’t afford to buy them out. You’re looking at 3 million for Robinson and about 5 million for durkin

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This might really be Stoops. 

Love Urban’s reaction to the Day to ATM rumor. 

All the reports on that are “the Aggies will be targeting Day, nothing whatsoever about Day having any interest in them. If Gerry is right that ATM already has their coach, the outcome of the Michigan game should have nothing to do with it. Likely Day’s agent wanting to help his client get more appreciation from the tOSU fans. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

The fast-talking West Virginia native admired A&M’s top-notch resources. The Aggies had a top-10 athletic budget, spent half a billion dollars on facility renovations, had given their previous coach a massive contract, had unparalleled fan support and resided in a recruiting hotbed. He trusted then-A&M athletic director Scott Woodward, whom he’d known since his LSU days. The program checked a lot of boxes, except championships: The Aggies won their last conference title in 1998 and their last national championship in 1939.

Fisher, who knew how to win, was the missing piece, or so the Aggies thought. After giving Fisher a 10-year, $75 million contract, Sharp told the Houston Chronicle that his only concern with the length of the contract was that he couldn’t get Fisher to agree to a 15-year deal.

The above is from the Athletic. Thanks, TexasRenegage.

Did Billy write this or just one of his subscribers? Fisher admired A&M and why not? Unparalleled fan support not to mention that fan base's ability and inclination to self-felate wherever two or more are gathered in its blain.

Fisher admired and loved A&M so much that he and his agent bent them over a barrel and made sweet love to A&M with barbed phallus and endless pleasure.

A&M didn't pay or hire Fisher to 10-year contract, no!, they gave freely of themselves to their friend and bossom companion. Then they were betrayed by this man whom nobody would have guessed might be a dickhead.

So the next guy will have to live on Aggie love and the most talented roster and unparalleled fan support and earn his paycheck by fulfilling their absurdly gradiose and delusional dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I mean they can do worse. Stoops is a solid hire. He's making $9M/season so won't be cheap

Bjork has been publicly floating the idea of an incentive-laden deal.

Offer someone like Stoops $7M/base with incentives to double, even triple (NC) that. Probably end up getting laughed at, but it seems like they're trying!

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's comforting knowing how much damage the aggy #1 recruiting class actually did to their program. Destroy from within.

That drug dealing DL is still on the roster. Served a 1 or 2 game suspension and that’s it. Just a garbage program with a garbage culture. We should stay far away. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Stoops has a great set up at UK. It’s a basketball school with a historically terrible football team. They do not expect to compete with the big boys. Make SEC money and no one will bitch if you go 8-4 or 7-5 most years. 

He's been outright annoyed at the lack of financial support. Think about his comments before the Georgia game. Personally I would take 8.5 mil to go 6-6 a couple more years before going home to take over for Ferentz instead of entering the mad house that is College Station but I'd be delighted for them to make this move.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Teryor said:

He's been outright annoyed at the lack of financial support. Think about his comments before the Georgia game. Personally I would take 8.5 mil to go 6-6 a couple more years before going home to take over for Ferentz instead of entering the mad house that is College Station but I'd be delighted for them to make this move.

Yeah, even Kentucky reporters are saying that's why he would have interest. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I mean they can do worse. Stoops is a solid hire. He's making $9M/season so won't be cheap

Holy fuck Kentucky is paying that guy that much? Their AD must be Bjork's twin. They're probably trying to push him to aggy.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bjork has been publicly floating the idea of an incentive-laden deal.

Offer someone like Stoops $7M/base with incentives to double, even triple (NC) that. Probably end up getting laughed at, but it seems like they're trying!

If you’re a head coach you only take fully guaranteed. It be a complete moron to take incentive based deal from that dumb fuck school. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So A&M fires Jimbo and we see rumors that many of the choices have some type of cost savings aspect. Then we also hear that they want Day and Stoops is being pushed.

My take is the group of aggys that have the pull right now don’t want to payoff both Jimbo, his staff, and then go big again while you got another faction that requires some type of flex hire for the sake of perception.

To me this makes the Stoops move even funnier. He wants out because he’s at a basketball school and the lack of funding support for NIL. But he might be walking into a situation where aggy has a limited budget and the NIL infrastructure is not what is advertised. On top of this, if the rumors are true then Stoops would be expected to keep a large portion of the staff to help limit staff buyout…

So if Stoops moves then you got to ask what guarantees is he getting or lore importantly what are the big money alums promising now that they weren’t a week ago?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Seems to me like Agent's are doing Agent things leaking shit for the pregame shows to get their guys raises.  I've thought from the second Jimbo was fired it was Elko + retaining a big chunk of the defensive staff.  My guess is that deal was all but done before the Jimbo news even went public.  I'll still be pretty damn surprised if that's not the case.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1