Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM tasked someone with sitting down to talk to the key players about their intentions to stay or go ahead of the Miss State game. They got responses on needs and turned around and locked a group of players up to new NIL deals that they signed. Some guys said, irrespective of Fisher being the coach or not, that they were leaving and thanks but no thanks for a new offer. Stewart was one of the guys that did this. He wasn't being tampered with, he just wanted out.

I do know that allegedly multiple other players opted for this route or weren't deemed critical, so I do expect to see some significant traffic for ATM attrition. That considered, they knew what they were doing ahead of 86'ing Fisher and some of those conversations just reinforced to the brass that dumping Fisher now had to happen. He'd been lobbying with the notion of barely losses and a 9-4 season heading into a national title run in 2024. They think they're going on a national title run in 2024 anyway.

I don't think anyone in the media or with ATM has actually critically looked at what "all that talent" actually looks like on their roster. Their OL is hopeless. Their LB situation without Cooper is bad. Their WR room is about to be wiped out. CB is really grim. Weigman is a complete question mark. They're going to need offensive coaching answers asap with the portal opening.

Meanwhile, Craig is already fucking with them by poisoning the well with a number of recruits as a typical low class move on his way out. Where does he land? Liucci is telling his audience that Petrino is actively recruiting against them and tampering with the roster as well. We know Adazzio is a low character guy as well, so if he finds a landing spot, he'll attempt dark shit as well. 

It's going to continue to be fascinating to watch.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the crazy thing about their 2024 title hopes is that their 2021 class has been absolutely decimated. This is all that remains: 

• Shemar Turner
  • Bryce Foster
  • Reuben Fatheree
  • Jardin Gilbert
  • Deuce Harmon
  • Trey Zuhn
  • Amari Daniels
  • Albert Regis
  • Tyreek Chappell
  • Dametrious Crownover
  • Fernando Garza

If Turner and Chappell go pro, that leaves them with like 2(?) positive contributors from the class? When's the last time a team won a national or SEC championship with such a poor group of seniors? Not to mention installing new systems on both sides of the ball and having to fix the culture rot.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think anyone in the media or with ATM has actually critically looked at what "all that talent" actually looks like on their roster.

It's bizarre.  All of the Jimbo firing articles and all of the coaching search articles kept parroting this Top 4/Top 5 talent narrative.  It's like no one can look away from whatever bullshit 9.95 composite they're looking at to believe their lying eyes.  The emperor has no clothes.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

20231201_124022.jpg

Goodbye GIF

That all but scream Santucci is coming back which I'm sure will thrill them, especially if he's the reason "E-Rob" leaves. If they aren't even pretending to make Robinson DC I don't see him staying.  Especially since 2-3 of his top guys would likely follow him. Would be a great start building back a team with his buddy.

• Hook 'Em 1

To paraphrase...

"You're going to get a lot of guys who jump in the portal and will regret it. But coaches won't be sorry those players left because they're actually extortionists and distractions. Elko is building a culture. He's going to build a team from the portal."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM tasked someone with sitting down to talk to the key players about their intentions to stay or go ahead of the Miss State game. They got responses on needs and turned around and locked a group of players up to new NIL deals that they signed. Some guys said, irrespective of Fisher being the coach or not, that they were leaving and thanks but no thanks for a new offer. Stewart was one of the guys that did this. He wasn't being tampered with, he just wanted out.I do know that allegedly multiple other players opted for this route or weren't deemed critical, so I do expect to see some significant traffic for ATM attrition. That considered, they knew what they were doing ahead of 86'ing Fisher and some of those conversations just reinforced to the brass that dumping Fisher now had to happen.

I find it disturbing, but not at all surprising, that they were sneaking around behind Fisher's back with this stuff. It's a coup orchestrated by outsiders (of the staff). As I continue to say, their culture is the problem. They will do this to absolutely anyone and they'll never change. They're unjustifiably entitled.

Meanwhile, Craig is already fucking with them by poisoning the well with a number of recruits as a typical low class move on his way out. Where does he land? Liucci is telling his audience that Petrino is actively recruiting against them and tampering with the roster as well. We know Adazzio is a low character guy as well, so if he finds a landing spot, he'll attempt dark shit as well.

Mercenaries do mercenary things. Aggies brought this all upon themselves. Culture matters.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Really enjoying the cognitive dissonance in aggy perpetually laughing at the sips for perceived culture rot and entitlement while claiming they're entitled to a $70+M coaching change to immediately fix their culture rot

I remember hearing for years how the problem with Texas was that the meddling boosters had too much power/influence within/over the athletic department. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

ATM tasked someone with sitting down to talk to the key players about their intentions to stay or go ahead of the Miss State game. They got responses on needs and turned around and locked a group of players up to new NIL deals that they signed. Some guys said, irrespective of Fisher being the coach or not, that they were leaving and thanks but no thanks for a new offer. Stewart was one of the guys that did this. He wasn't being tampered with, he just wanted out.

I do know that allegedly multiple other players opted for this route or weren't deemed critical, so I do expect to see some significant traffic for ATM attrition. That considered, they knew what they were doing ahead of 86'ing Fisher and some of those conversations just reinforced to the brass that dumping Fisher now had to happen. He'd been lobbying with the notion of barely losses and a 9-4 season heading into a national title run in 2024. They think they're going on a national title run in 2024 anyway.

I don't think anyone in the media or with ATM has actually critically looked at what "all that talent" actually looks like on their roster. Their OL is hopeless. Their LB situation without Cooper is bad. Their WR room is about to be wiped out. CB is really grim. Weigman is a complete question mark. They're going to need offensive coaching answers asap with the portal opening.

It's going to continue to be fascinating to watch.

The good news is by dumping all these players, they're clearing space under the salary cap.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

The good news is by dumping all these players, they're clearing space under the salary cap.

Are they though? If they have the same people writing their contracts that wrote Jimbo's, aggy might still owe them money! :)

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Texas has seen what a weak OL and weak LB corps does to you a ton over the last decade.

image.png.9650a1df041ec641bfbef03aa2e200d1.png

it's been said a million times that quality OLs in the portal are in very high demand and can pick where they want to go. i can't imagine A&M is particularly high on their list.

their LB room could get better with Elko, but even then, this is fucking terrible - especially when Cooper goes to the NFL.

image.png.c320098c5c7e372a2da854f68505a337.png

there is no one competing for a national championship next year with that OL, even A&M should be smart enough to recognize that.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We know Adazzio is a low character guy as well, so if he finds a landing spot, he'll attempt dark shit as well.

What is Adazzio's pitch going to be?  Follow me to my new job so I can scream at you like a drunken, rage filled stepfather and be part of another undeveloped, shitty OL...   not compelling stuff.  Didn't they all despise him?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, RabidM said:

What is Adazzio's pitch going to be?  Follow me to my new job so I can scream at you like a drunken, rage filled stepfather and be part of another undeveloped, shitty OL...   not compelling stuff.  Didn't they all despise him?

He likely has a chance to mess up some of their incoming OL recruits by poisoning the well. If they were stupid enough to commit to him, they are stupid enough to listen to him without having been on campus to find out he is a huge dick. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Texas has seen what a weak OL and weak LB corps does to you a ton over the last decade.

image.png.9650a1df041ec641bfbef03aa2e200d1.png

it's been said a million times that quality OLs in the portal are in very high demand and can pick where they want to go. i can't imagine A&M is particularly high on their list.

their LB room could get better with Elko, but even then, this is fucking terrible - especially when Cooper goes to the NFL.

image.png.c320098c5c7e372a2da854f68505a337.png

there is no one competing for a national championship next year with that OL, even A&M should be smart enough to recognize that.

If Robinson finally moves on, they'll have 7 IOL counting incoming freshmen on their roster. The Ogunbiyi guy, who I thought was being investigated as a serial rapist (not trying to be funny, I thought that was a thing), used to play a lot, but he had only 15 snaps this year. Maybe he was hurt? Robinson didn't play against LSU and I can't remember if he was injured or not as well.

On the tackle side, Fatheree took 13 snaps all year. I assume he intentionally redshirted at some point before this season due to the RS label above, so it was a wasted year. Zuhn took more snaps than any OL on the team followed by Foster. Crownover and Bisontits split time at the other tackle spot. Neither were worth a fuck. Bisontits was horribad but somehow Charles Power at On3 awarded him freshman All American honors. Wow.

They are comically thin across the OL, and they are comically bad across the OL. The guys coming in are good, bad and ugly. The IOL from the state of Washington is good. It's stunning to me that they're going to hang on to him. How bad of a recruiter is Deboer? Jesus. Blake Ivy has a high rating but there are multiple people now expressing concern about the long term health of his shoulder at a position where leverage is kind of key. The Echols guy has an inflated rating associated to his high school and ATM taking him. Outside of a desperate Auburn and a hapless Tech, no one else better than UAPB put in any effort to land the guy unless various schools carpetbombing the state of Texas with noncommittable offers last spring is your jam. 

Unfortunately, as Texas fans, we all know how fucked up and challenging rebuilding a roster's OL to just the level of peer competence can be. They're going to need to make a good OL coach hire, and then he's going to need to land true difference makers quickly, add quality depth on top of that, and then endure several lean years while getting everything right. Fuck up the hire and you're toast. Fail to evaluate well, toast. The portal is a bloodbath for landing good to great OLs, so that's not really an option. 

It's going to continue to be fun to witness.

• Hook 'Em 8

43 minutes ago, RabidM said:

32 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He likely has a chance to mess up some of their incoming OL recruits by poisoning the well. If they were stupid enough to commit to him, they are stupid enough to listen to him without having been on campus to find out he is a huge dick. 

This. It may not matter, but I wouldn't want this kind of variable out there as a new head coach and Elko has it times at least 3.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Robinson finally moves on, they'll have 7 IOL counting incoming freshmen on their roster. The Ogunbiyi guy, who I thought was being investigated as a serial rapist (not trying to be funny, I thought that was a thing), used to play a lot, but he had only 15 snaps this year. Maybe he was hurt? Robinson didn't play against LSU and I can't remember if he was injured or not as well.

On the tackle side, Fatheree took 13 snaps all year. I assume he intentionally redshirted at some point before this season due to the RS label above, so it was a wasted year. Zuhn took more snaps than any OL on the team followed by Foster. Crownover and Bisontits split time at the other tackle spot. Neither were worth a fuck. Bisontits was horribad but somehow Charles Power at On3 awarded him freshman All American honors. Wow.

They are comically thin across the OL, and they are comically bad across the OL. The guys coming in are good, bad and ugly. The IOL from the state of Washington is good. It's stunning to me that they're going to hang on to him. How bad of a recruiter is Deboer? Jesus. Blake Ivy has a high rating but there are multiple people now expressing concern about the long term health of his shoulder at a position where leverage is kind of key. The Echols guy has an inflated rating associated to his high school and ATM taking him. Outside of a desperate Auburn and a hapless Tech, no one else better than UAPB put in any effort to land the guy unless various schools carpetbombing the state of Texas with noncommittable offers last spring is your jam. 

Unfortunately, as Texas fans, we all know how fucked up and challenging rebuilding a roster's OL to just the level of peer competence can be. They're going to need to make a good OL coach hire, and then he's going to need to land true difference makers quickly, add quality depth on top of that, and then endure several lean years while getting everything right. Fuck up the hire and you're toast. Fail to evaluate well, toast. The portal is a bloodbath for landing good to great OLs, so that's not really an option. 

It's going to continue to be fun to witness.

This was the report on Ogunbiyi. No clue what ended up happening there:

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/am-police-investigating-sexual-assault-reports-203829247/

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw this on Tigerdroppings.  Screenshot from Texags.  This could get good.

Screenshot_20231201_154635_Chrome.jpg

I don't know if any of that is true - but it is a really weird dynamic that so many were more worried about retaining Robinson than who they hired as HC.  We have had assts like Traylor and Carrington in recent memory that had their legion of Stans - but I don't remember making HC decisions on whether or not the new guy was going to retain them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw this on Tigerdroppings.  Screenshot from Texags.  This could get good.

Screenshot_20231201_154635_Chrome.jpg

Typical aggy that literally every coach on staff is complete scum looking to destroy the program from within. 

God bless every one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't know if any of that is true - but it is a really weird dynamic that so many were more worried about retaining Robinson than who they hired as HC.  We have had assts like Traylor and Carrington in recent memory that had their legion of Stans - but I don't remember making HC decisions on whether or not the new guy was going to retain them.

Judging by their actions leading up to and during the press conference of Elko I could 100% see this being true. 

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

That's really never been true.  At least in the last 25 years or so.

Peyton Manning What GIF by Gatorade

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one

Mack Brown's personal attorney had the field named after him.  Wasn't he the single largest football donor?

Good ol' Red publicly said our new Head Coach was hardly qualified to be a coordinator.

And I don't even have any contacts in the booster community to know all the real shit that goes on.

On Aggie 247, they're all rationalizing it with the idea of landing Miller and Hudson instead, and then killing it in the portal, all while not having most of the offensive staff put together. Below are some of the more outstanding posts:

BBQ Priorities

User Since 61 months ago, User Post Count: 3777

Get Drelon back then buttfuck the portal. It’s easier than ever to get strong receivers

Batman101golf

User Since 16 months ago, User Post Count: 11

He will regret that move...watch what happens. The Aggies have the schedule, the coach, the players, and Connor Weigman....all will create a winning formula VERY rapidly. The game will change very quickly in College Station. We are the Aggies.....and we don't want anyone who wants to be somewhere else. Let him go and don't let the door hit him in the rear end.

Batman101golf

User Since 16 months ago, User Post Count: 11

Duke had the 67th recruiting class that Elko beat Clemson and others with. That's a ranking worse than Vanderbilt, Rutgers, and Illinois. The man knows how to develop players and Weigman will be a Heisman candidate sooner rather than later. It's not all about class ranking. If it was we wouldn't be 12-12 the last two years. Let the man coach the team and see where this goes.

Batman101golf is just excellent.

• Haha 8
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He came back and played in games following Tennessee. After crying on the field and being carted off, I also thought he was done for the year. It turns out that he's actually just a giant pussy.

Nolen is injured every other play. I think he really is a giant pussy. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We have facilities! We have money! All we need is a coach that knows how to win a natty!  Don't care got Jimbo!  All we need to do is get rid of Jimbo!  We need to keep the staff intact!  We need to hold on to ERob above all! 

And so it goes . . .

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It's a cult. They've convinced themselves that Robinson is the 2nd coming of Nick Saban. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Just now, RollingPresidential said:

"Buttfuck the portal" is meant as a good thing?

Apparently sometime in the last 10 years, having anal intercourse went from being frowned upon to being preferable.  I don't get it, but to each his own, I guess.  

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

20231201_124022.jpg

That certainly reads like Brown and Robinson grew up together in Camden. 

Brown probably needs a splashy DC hire. Many ‘Cuse fans wanted the Holy Cross HC. He’s going to need all the help he can get to put all the orange BB’s in the box.