Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

A Smith flip would be amazing.

1)  He's going to be really good IMO, and would give us a LB for the class.

2)  The meltdown would be glorious.  It'd start out with "Can't believe a defensive recruit would not want to be coached by the Elk and instead go to Sark".  This would be followed by the likes of "WTF is Elko even doing?!  Why hasn't he hired a LB Coach?!".  Then it would transition to Smith's 247 ranking of "He's just a 3*, the Elk can grab a DUDE in the portal!"

3)  And to add on, we currently don't have a LB coach either lulz.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Elko has been on the job for 14 days and has added bottom of the barrel assistants so far. He hasn't named a DC or LB coach. We are going to flip Smith with our LB coach leaving for a head coach job, while Elko's non-existant LB does nothing to stop it. Maybe firing a guy with no real plan to replace him was a less than stellar idea.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Solid work but just wanted to add that somewhere in that cycle of behavior, they’ll also fully demonize Texas as some sort of existential threat to society for having the temerity to continue to recruit guys committed elsewhere. 

So that means Bryce Anderson is staying?

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Elko has been on the job for 14 days and has added bottom of the barrel assistants so far. He hasn't named a DC or LB coach. We are going to flip Smith with our LB coach leaving for a head coach job, while Elko's non-existant LB does nothing to stop it. Maybe firing a guy with no real plan to replace him was a less than stellar idea.

It’s almost as if hiring coaches based on knee jerk TexAgs reactions on Saturday night at midnight is a bad idea.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Right. Robinson is doing nothing wrong. He’s doing the predictable. Just like Jimbo Fisher did the predictable.

The problem at Texas A&M is that they have no concept of rational human behavior. Unintended consequences follow pretty much every decision they ever make. It’s turdition. 

I bet after the initial shock, Mark Stoops is laughing his ass off now. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 5

Right. Robinson is doing nothing wrong. He’s doing the predictable. Just like Jimbo Fisher did the predictable.
The problem at Texas A&M is that they have no concept of rational human behavior. Unintended consequences follow pretty much every decision they ever make. It’s turdition. 
I bet after the initial shock, Mark Stoops is laughing his ass off now. 

The funny thing is I could see mark stoops being a better recruiter than elko
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is also great. "Don't get angry at the guy who's been in the chair by himself for a couple weeks." Gee, who's fucking responsible for having no staff in place?

Speaking of responsibility, I’m starting to get a strong undercurrent of placing blame on a coaching transition, without any acknowledgment that said coaching change was entirely the result of the athletic dept and was demanded by the fans. it’s not like fisher up and left them holding their dicks like Riley did ou.  

pretty soon this will all be jimbo’s fault for being so bad on the field that he forced them to fire him and create this chaos. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So A&M has hired (or at least said they are hiring) the OC from KSU and the OL from Duke (that was tied to the Northwestern hazing scandal) and?

Since the Elko hire they have lost Petrino and E Robinson and have stated Addazio and St and Condition staff are all gone and the rest are in limbo. Of those guys, who do you think is actively recruiting to keep their current class together?

In a way, I am somewhat shocked that they have still anyone still committed.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, hook me said:

Someone get the thesaurus away from Brauny. No way his audience understands that third paragraph

That was part of what I was trying to say earlier. He's being deliberate in the way he is talking about their NIL problems because of the coaching payouts. He'll point back to that post down the road in order to tell the audience that he's been warning them all along.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Damn, @SydneyCarton beat me to it but that 247 poster is a fucking idiot. Big law folks leaving and taking staff and clients with them is actually not only common, but expected and a standard business practice. 

Gotta wonder how slighted Robinson feels at this point. Maybe he’ll use his time with the current roster and commits to go anywhere but A&M, not just Syracuse. Next level NIL would have us paying McKinley to go to Syracuse as well. 

I went over to 247 (I know I know) to look at A&M's list of verbal commitments. Here are their six remaining players above the three-star level:

image.png.1646997319827d35ed5f7de92698de39.png

I think Davis, Evans, and Bussey are shaky, but I'm not sure. I suppose I should have included Jernagin as he is the 3-star LB that they love more than suddenly worthless 3-star Tyanthony Smith. 

Anybody feel like using the list to give a status report? I'm just not as in the know as most of you about the general ocean of recruits.

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I went over to 247 (I know I know) to look at A&M's list of verbal commitments. Here are their six remaining players above the three-star level:

I think Davis, Evans, and Bussey are shaky, but I'm not sure. I suppose I should have included Jernagin as he is the 3-star LB that they love more than suddenly worthless 3-star Tyanthony Smith. 

Anybody feel like using the list to give a status report? I'm just not as in the know as most of you about the general ocean of recruits.

Bussey and McKinley are supposedly not signing next week.  Evans has liked Florida for a long time (must like dumpster fires??).  Ivey has a serious shoulder injury and nobody in the Pacific NW seems to want Ahfua.  We could flip Davis if we wanted to, but we are looking good for Filsaime.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Ivy to LSU. McKinney meeting with coaches from other schools in home and pushed his decision back until February.  So, scratch some of those off the list I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You see it in there, right? He’s very quietly, for an aggie, telling them that they can’t compete in NIL right now. He’s blaming it on the market, but in reality, they didn’t understand the market when they committed a fucking fortune to fire one group and hire another while also retaining some key elements of their roster. Bryce Anderson was getting $200k and that just went way the fuck up. That was money earmarked elsewhere, allegedly. 

Solid work but just wanted to add that somewhere in that cycle of behavior, they’ll also fully demonize Texas as some sort of existential threat to society for having the temerity to continue to recruit guys committed elsewhere. 

They are way past doubling down on that 2022 class. At this point they are quadrupling down to somehow keep that class together, and yet more than half the class is already gone. They are so myopic in this pursuit that they have let their entire football outlook be tied to throwing irresponsible amounts of money at 20 year old kids who have figured out that they just need to threaten to look around in order to get a raise. The part that made their class unique was that defensive line and only a handful of those guys are left, the depth is gone, and they have not developed outside of a one or two guys. What remains of that class is not even close to what they need to make a run. They are going to find themselves losing 4 or 5 games again next season and then seeing another chunk of those guys hit the draft as fast as they can. And where will they be drafted? I would venture that maybe only one guy is a first rounder at best. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Gotta wonder how slighted Robinson feels at this point. Maybe he’ll use his time with the current roster and commits to go anywhere but A&M, not just Syracuse. Next level NIL would have us paying McKinley to go to Syracuse as well. 

This rumor needs to be started on Texags.  E-Rob steering players to other schools like bama and sips!  "Hey Coach, can I confide in you?  I wanted to play for you but I am not interested in going to Syracuse, just not a cultural fit for me.  Should I stay at aggie?"   I would put feelers out to Sark or Saban.  They have seem to have their shit together.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Adding to A&M's LB woes

Don't worry, they have York! He's so much better than anthony hill because they have similar stats but York has logged 200+ more snaps. No joke, that is an argument they make on Twitter that York is better than Anthony Hill because their stats are similar. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Anything can happen in college football but aggy -4.5 in the bowl game feels like the biggest free money of all time. 

I mean- Those weirdo's get up for this game b/c we just buttfucked OSU, and Gundy doesn't exactly have a super stable program going but yeah- you'd think total disarray and aggy loses by 2 scores or more.