Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

21 minutes ago, Spindletop said:

Very weird. It's possible that contract negotiations are ongoing and there's some sticking point that hasn't been finalized.

...which if it was salary, would be totally hilarious. Bjork is exactly the kind of guy who would mess up the most important item in a term sheet.

image.png.55431dadf40c9452e9d6ecb447354189.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, Spindletop said:

Very weird. It's possible that contract negotiations are ongoing and there's some sticking point that hasn't been finalized.

...which if it was salary, would be totally hilarious. Bjork is exactly the kind of guy who would mess up the most important item in a term sheet.

He talked about taking $20 million from the 12th Man Foundation to pay Jimbo within 60 days like it was his nothing. Could it end up being that the lawyers said that it’s not that simple and he can’t meet payroll for the new staff?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vermin said:

He talked about taking $20 million from the 12th Man Foundation to pay Jimbo within 60 days like it was his nothing. Could it end up being that the lawyers said that it’s not that simple and he can’t meet payroll for the new staff?

Slow playing the detailed contract language seems to be an A&M special, given last year's flurry of signings of Jimbo's staff right around or just after the season started.   Could bite them in the ass with Optimus Klein if others come calling and he realizes his health can't take the salt levels of an average Applebee's entrée.  

29 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Slow playing the detailed contract language seems to be an A&M special, given last year's flurry of signings of Jimbo's staff right around or just after the season started.   Could bite them in the ass with Optimus Klein if others come calling and he realizes his health can't take the salt levels of an average Applebee's entrée.  

This. It's obvious they haven't thought any part of this through. In their excitement surrounding firing Jimbo, their mouths started writing checks their red asses can't cash (see: the Stoops fiasco, keeping Robinson as an interim coach, their slow-motion NIL/roster train wreck, and now this). My guess is they made promises to Elko and Klein around coaching and support staff budget, and now that it's time to fund those promises, the money isn't there. Those promises in turn were based on promises from their big money guys, who are coming up short both on the liquidity and desire front. The Stoops fiasco in particular probably burned some bridges internally.

They are the college football version of startups raising billion-dollar funding rounds with no bottom-line profit and bloated cost structures. Free money doesn't last forever and their leadership is figuring that out far too late. The phrase "dumpster fire" gets thrown around a lot in CFB but I really can't think of a more poorly-managed program other than perhaps Briles-era Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Spindletop said:

This. It's obvious they haven't thought any part of this through. In their excitement surrounding firing Jimbo, their mouths started writing checks their red asses can't cash (see: the Stoops fiasco, keeping Robinson as an interim coach, their slow-motion NIL/roster train wreck, and now this). My guess is they made promises to Elko and Klein around coaching and support staff budget, and now that it's time to fund those promises, the money isn't there. Those promises in turn were based on promises from their big money guys, who are coming up short both on the liquidity and desire front. The Stoops fiasco in particular probably burned some bridges internally.

They are the college football version of startups raising billion-dollar funding rounds with no bottom-line profit and bloated cost structures. Free money doesn't last forever and their leadership is figuring that out far too late. The phrase "dumpster fire" gets thrown around a lot in CFB but I really can't think of a more poorly-managed program other than perhaps Briles-era Baylor.

Loftin mentioned on a podcast that you can mostly mortgage the future paying off Jimbo, the the buyouts on assistant coach contracts are due immediately. Oil going from $94 3 months ago to $73 today might have Houston big cigars feeling pain, causing cash flow issues at aggy. And they still have that insane stadium expansion to pay for.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

It appears that Collin Klein was doing in-home visits for A&M a few days ago. Updating websites and Twitter is probably just not high on his priority list. But don't worry, Mike Elko is a stickler for details. He'll get that straightened out lickety split.

i posted it here or in another thread, but as of Friday that was the singular post saying he did an in home and it's from Gigem247 - makes me think it's incorrectly reported

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, the Klein shit is weird. 

Maybe he's doing in-home visits but I haven't seen a single picture of him doing a visit. Seen several with Elko. I've also seen several pictures/reports of other assistants at the Texas state championship games but nothing about Klein. 

i looked Friday, nothing in home that has been posted, nothing with folks doing visits on site in College Station that has been posted, nothing with him dropping in to a high school or to the championship games that has been posted, nothing. it's like he doesn't exist.

if it was any other market in the country, any other program, any other school - you can bet your ass someone would be asking or sniffing around on this. can you imagine the extent that Kirk Bohls would go to in order to find out if the hired Texas OC was coming into the building yet? dude would camp out and start taking meth to stay up and not miss an opportunity to shit on Texas if the guy wasn't showing up to work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They put Anderson and Dewberry back up, and added Noah Thomas

That shit is so weird.  It's like the message is that we've brought back these guys from last year's shitty team andcwith your help we can bring back more.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

It appears that Collin Klein was doing in-home visits for A&M a few days ago. Updating websites and Twitter is probably just not high on his priority list. But don't worry, Mike Elko is a stickler for details. He'll get that straightened out lickety split.

I’m sure they have a gentlemen’s agreement, at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Elko was hired exactly 21 days ago. 

IMG_AF27FEDC3823-1.jpeg

Sometimes I have these grey nightmares. I'm not being chased or victimized. Somehow, I have a job or task that I have no idea how to execute. Supposedly, I'm accomplished to be where I am, but I'm still just me without a fucking clue. Over my head and full of dread.

I expect that's how Elko must feel.

Okay, I'll hire some coaches...hmm. How do I do that here if nobody wants to come?...Okay, I'll focus on holding onto the committed players...Hmm, I can't get them on the phone. Okay, the portal. Fuck. I just want to wake up back at Duke.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, the Klein shit is weird. 

Maybe he's doing in-home visits but I haven't seen a single picture of him doing a visit. Seen several with Elko. I've also seen several pictures/reports of other assistants at the Texas state championship games but nothing about Klein. 

Maybe Klein is recruiting & coaching via Zoom exclusively.

I like the notion that Klein maybe hasn't had time to change his social media. It gives the impression that Klein and Dapper Mike Elko are sitting in a bare, largely abandoned office with traditional phones ringing all around them as they try to figure out how to work apps on their cell phones.

No staff. No support. No money. No clue.

If Klein can eject out of this deal, he must surely be tempted. Aggie football is a shit fire right now in with the influx of elite Division 2 talent.