Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Maybe no one specifically imagined but before the start of the 2021 season I replied to someone that thought aggy was on their way that Michigan and us would be on top before aggy ever was because aggy is aggy and blue bloods always take back their rightful place. It is just the destiny of a blue blood. I mentioned Michigan as a way to illustrate that it does not matter if a blue blood has been down forever they are part of a club.

corn-is-alive.jpg

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

So let me get this straight.

Aggy didn't promote ERob because he was a position coach.  They did ask him to coach the bowl game and keep the recruiting class together.  The class turns into a disaster, and he actually took a couple of players with him.

Flash forward two weeks.  They hire a POSITION coach from the only other program that's as big of a dumpster fire as them?!?!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4785cjvagsle87oonfzy

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Aggy didn't promote ERob because he was a position coach.  They did ask him to coach the bowl game and keep the recruiting class together.  The class turns into a disaster, and he actually took a couple of players with him.

Flash forward two weeks.  They hire a POSITION coach from the only other program that's as big of a dumpster fire as them?!?!

Holy crap. Some of my elementary students have better decision-making skills.

delicious emma stone GIF

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Bateman cheated while coaching at a real military academy. How does aggy square that? 

Yeah, I didn't remember that scandal so I read an article about it.  One of the radio guys at Wake Forest was a former coach there who didn't like the new head coach.  He gave out all of Wake's Offensive plays to at least 3 schools, one of which was Army.  Bateman was an assistant at Army at the time and who the radio guy gave the plays to.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I honestly think they'd be in a better position if they just consulted ChatGPT for each of these decisions. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I mean, Bateman does have 15+ years of calling a defense

57 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Strong to quite strong resume:

Coaching career

After graduating from Randolph–Macon in 1995, Bateman went to work for a company that sold paper machinery. He got into coaching when the owner sold the company, working as an assistant coach at Benedictine High School in Richmond.[1] He got his first job in the college ranks at Hampden–Sydney College in 1997 as a graduate assistant, working with the defensive line and linebackers. He was named the defensive coordinator at Siena College in New York in 1999, and was promoted to head coach in 2000. At the time of his promotion, he was said to be the youngest head coach in Division I football at 26.[2] After the football program was shut down in 2003, he joined the coaching staff at Richmond in 2004 as their assistant secondary coach, on a coaching staff that had future college and NFL assistants, such as Mike Elko, Patrick Graham, and Marcus Satterfield. He also had assistant coaching stints under Pete Lembo at Lehigh, Elon, and Ball State.[3]

Army

Bateman was named the defensive coordinator at Army in 2014. He was suspended in 2017 when it was revealed that he had received improper information from former Wake Forest radio announcer Tommy Elrod.[4] In addition to the suspension, he was also fined $25,000 and forced to attend an ethics training program.[5]

Bateman was named a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2018, the award given to the top assistant coach in college football.[6] In his tenure with Army, he improved the Black Knights defense from 91st overall in 2014 to 8th in the country in 2018.[7]

North Carolina

Bateman was named the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at North Carolina on December 9, 2018.[8] He and co-coordinator Tommy Thigpen oversaw the position change and development of former quarterback Chazz Surratt into an all-conference linebacker and NFL draftee and brought in several top defensive recruits to the program, being a key player in the Tar Heels' recruiting upswing. After three years leading the Tar Heel defense, Bateman and UNC agreed to part ways after the 2021 season, which featured the worst defensive unit of his tenure.[9]

Florida

In January 2022, Bateman joined Billy Napier's staff at Florida as the inside linebackers coach. [lulz]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bateman

- REAL ARMY

- helped rundown Mack's program (LONG GAME)

- STOLEN from a sitting SEC team

big. boy. football.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It would appear you have astute grasp of the situation.  They really did all that dumb shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My only regret is we never got to see Sweat and Murphy absolutely destroy Bryce Foster & Co

Every single fucking time I dont think the aggy destruction can get funnier and then they hired a dude who worked at Dunder Mifflin. Holy fuck this is hilarious

34 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I am drawing a blank. Who the hell is TJE again?

image.png.0b1ea1ec8c96f76b2da8c11506f7659f.png

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So he went from working at a paper company into a job that he wasn't qualified for and then proceeded to fail spectacularly at for multiple stops?

MV5BNDM5MTA2MzEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDA3

Damn it, all the office jokes already made but seriously... Is this the assistant to the regional manager?

They tell you that in your darkest hour there will always be some light.  How did we get so lucky to both be in the playoffs and watch an Aggy version of the Strong regime happen before our eyes?  

Even Strong was a passable recruiter with a longer track record of success.  And as bad as his staff was, they are way, way better than this

• Hook 'Em 1

I get THSCA love Elko, but do college coaches not like him or think highly of him?? Only thing I can figure considering his odd choices.

Aren't these type of hire supposed to be able to recruit at least??

I guess all the young up and comers said "Hell No"

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Holy shit this just keeps getting better.

And I have a feeling they didn't wait 3 weeks because they were looking for people, they waited until today because they knew they were hiring Bateman and wanted to hide it from potential signees. That didn't work to get everyone to sign so now they have to announce it to recruit with him moving forward.

But @satyanash told us that them hiring their defensive staff was going to be really bad for us flipping Evans

• Haha 2