Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

6 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Maybe OSU doesn't care about sports, and just wants way better facilities.

I saw one Buckeye in the twitter replies praising Bjork’s strength in “fundraising and NIL” in response to someone asking what else he has accomplished besides one of the worst contract extensions in the history of man.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Not counting the interim AD, this will be Aggy's fifth AD since 2012.

Bill Byrne

Eric Hyman

Scott Woodward

Ross Bjork

Loser McChucklefuck

And, crazily enough, John Sharp has made it through all of them. Almost as if the Aggie AD position is nothing more than a fall guy for all of Sharps retarded decisions.

It doesn’t matter who they fill that position with as long as Sharp thinks he’s the actual AD and continues running the show.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

I saw one Buckeye in the twitter replies praising Bjork’s strength in “fundraising and NIL” in response to someone asking what else he has accomplished besides one of the worst contract extensions in the history of man.

He didn’t actually raise funds. He just spent the money from Qatar that Sharp laundered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

And, crazily enough, John Sharp has made it through all of them. Almost as if the Aggie AD position is nothing more than a fall guy for all of Sharps retarded decisions.

It doesn’t matter who they fill that position with as long as Sharp thinks he’s the actual AD and continues running the show.

Sharp is one of them. He is immune from responsibility or criticism. Aggies never lie, cheat, steal, or take any blame. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The tOSU Board of Regents were in session facing a heavy agenda. It got late. A thunderstorm roared over the building and out went the lights. Such a storm as rarely seen. An assistant went outside and dragged a couch into the conference room and lit it afire for light and warmth.

The light was unholy. Voices could be heard. Terror gripped the hearts of all present. Before them materialized a fearsome figure in metal eyeglasses and favoring the skinned knuckles of his right hand.

Woo--Woody, is that you?

You must hire a Bjork!

Is that some kind of bird?

Bjork! Hire a Bjork!  For AD!

Yes, Coach Hayes! Of course!

The apparition faded away. The storm passed. The lights returned. The couch was dragged to a window and shoved through down to the street below.

A Bjork? Somebody Google that!

Sir, there is a singer named Bjork and the AD at A&M is named Bjork.

Fuck. Motherfucker. Goddamn it! Tell us, does the singer have any experience whatsoever with college sports? I mean, has she even sung at a halftime or dated a player? Anything!

Sorry, sir. No dice. 

Sigh. Has she even seen a college football game?

Not likely sir. Shall I call the A&M athletic department?

NO! Not yet. Call the singer and offer to train her for the job. 

Yes sir!

I guarandamntee you that this fine woman would not have approved a contract and extension with no buyout. tOSU would do much better hiring her than Ross. 
62875e80-9363-45c7-bf2f-f22a0894a1e7-get

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

Bjork leaving aggy. Nice work. Is he on our payroll?

Atomic-Bomb.jpg

header-hiroshimadamage.jpg

I've been there, almost in that exact spot. After being decimated, the city rebuilt itself and is a major urban and modern city. I'd much rather be in Hiroshima right now than College fucking Station.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nnm said:

I guarandamntee you that this fine woman would not have approved a contract and extension with no buyout. tOSU would do much better hiring her than Ross. 
62875e80-9363-45c7-bf2f-f22a0894a1e7-get

I don't mean to set a new standard for weird, nobody-gives-shit digressions, but I have a thing about this dress.

She's clearly wearing to be fun and playful yet the fashionistas and their herd regularly decry this as a disaster. She's fucking cute and the dress is fun. It's as unique as she it. 

This has been a Special Bulletin. We now return you to your other stupid digressions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Shemar Turner returning.

He had serious surgery recently. It was going to prevent all phases of draft prep and evaluation, physically, and apparently could play a role leading into the season. That’s per Tarp, so take it fwiw. 

Point is, the injury and surgery made the decision for Turner in the end. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He had serious surgery recently. It was going to prevent all phases of draft prep and evaluation, physically, and apparently could play a role leading into the season. That’s per Tarp, so take it fwiw. 

Point is, the injury and surgery made the decision for Turner in the end. 

Pretty sure it's his love of the culture, traditions, and facilities in the Station, ya stupid sip.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're still doing it

I haven't thought with any depth on this, but it occurred to me that maybe these posts are, absurdly, what they're paying the players for in terms of using their Name, Image and Likeness.

"Let me post about you with your confirmation that you're coming back, and I will pay you $100K for that."

I don't know, even for the aggies, these are just weird tweets unto themselves, but into that kind of dumbass NIL logic, it wouldn't stun me.

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I haven't thought with any depth on this, but it occurred to me that maybe these posts are, absurdly, what they're paying the players for in terms of using their Name, Image and Likeness.

"Let me post about you with your confirmation that you're coming back, and I will pay you $100K for that."

I don't know, even for the aggies, these are just weird tweets unto themselves, but into that kind of dumbass NIL logic, it wouldn't stun me.

I sent some of these to some (non-UT) friends and said it was weird that A&M was doing it, but apparently this is a thing at second-tier schools. At least my Virginia Tech friend said so. 

• Haha 1

I imagine a person, an Aggie either launching those tweets or getting ecstatic over them. Let's go with the creative genius behind the media.

Everyday, after working so hard on patheto-tweets, the man practically falls to the ground dismounting his F-450. He trudges towards his front door to face the daily drama and anxiety of what he may find on the other side. He opens the door, and there it is, his collie, Lil' Rev, barks and wags its tail in delight. One more patheto-tweet before heading over to the Chicken to celebrate Amari's decision not to leave.

Final.png.ccc71fa03d525306d163f74bcf4f7577.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

They're still doing it

their graphics team is still ass, my dude

image.thumb.png.6a5e202ea2350910b7b9c151feaf27a3.png

just fix the graphics you morons. it's going to be embedded. just make your graphic like 100 pixels longer at the bottom and solve your issue so people can know who you are celebrating.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

They're still doing it

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

just fix the graphics you morons. it's going to be embedded. just make your graphic like 100 pixels longer at the bottom and solve your issue so people can know who you are celebrating.

They need an expert like Hayes Fawcett to go in there and set them straight

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

They can't afford better. Jimbo's truck needs diesel.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I completely forgot Rueben Owens was still on that roster. His dad was openly complaining all season about his lack of touches. Can't wait to see the drama he helps create next season.

I am sure he will get plenty of touches this next season, which should make for it's own comedy when he starts angling for raises. 

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

COLUMBUS — Ohio State has its new athletic director.

The Buckeyes, and most notably new university president Ted Carter and outgoing athletic director Gene Smith, have found their new leader of the largest athletic department in the country: Ross Bjork will take over when Smith officially retires in June.

“Few athletics directors have established such an impressive and strong record of success in athletics, in the classroom and throughout the community,” Ohio State president Ted Carter said in a statement. “The bar is incredibly high at Ohio State, and we have found in Ross a highly intelligent and effective leader – not to mention a fierce competitor.”

Bjork is leaving his post as the athletic director at Texas A&M for the same post at Ohio State.

“I have been extraordinarily blessed to be a product of college athletics as a student-athlete and fortunate to work with so many outstanding student-athletes, coaches, staff and university leaders throughout my career, and Ohio State represents the culmination of these efforts,” Bjork said. “To be a part of Buckeye Nation, along with its storied traditions and long history of achievement, is a tremendous honor and a welcome challenge for me and our family. I can’t wait to get started.”

He will begin on July 1. He has been at Texas A&M since 2019, when he took over that athletic department following an eight-year stint at Ole Miss.

Despite a hit-and-miss career in making coaching hirings for football and men’s basketball, Bjork is known around athletic circles as a good athletic director who can fundraise and has a vision for the future of college athletics. Now he takes over as one of the most powerful people in the college athletics space.

He’ll have a massive responsibility in shaping the next era of Ohio State athletics.

Background on Ohio State athletic director search
Smith announced in August that he would be leaving his post as the Buckeyes athletic director June 30, 2024. The Ohio State brass immediately went into search mode. Of course, they had to hire a president first, and that came in August.

The Ohio State board of trustees appointed Walter “Ted” Carter its next university president. Carter, 64, had been serving as the president of the University of Nebraska system since January 2020.

Carter is replacing former Ohio State president Kristina M. Johnson, who stepped down from her position in May after taking over in August 2020. Carter is due to start his new role at Ohio State on Jan. 1, 2024.

Carter and the top Ohio State power players have now found their top name for the athletic director spot, and it comes from the SEC.

Bjork, who has been the athletic director at Texas A&M since 2019, was at Ole Miss from 2012-2019, where he oversaw football success — and plenty of NCAA involvement because of recruiting violations — from Hugh Freeze. Bjork also promoted offensive line coach Matt Luke to head coach before Luke was fired two years later.

Bjork oversaw the contract extension for now-former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher before Bjork and his athletic department paid a historic $76 million buyout for Fisher after disappointing seasons in College Station. Bjork then made the hire of former Aggies defensive coordinator and Duke coach Mike Elko as the next Texas A&M head coach.

The 51-year-old Bjork has also helped Texas A&M through a great transitionary period of college football in the SEC, as the conference is set to welcome Texas and Oklahoma next year.

Before his time at Texas A&M and Ole Miss, Bjork was the athletic director at Western Kentucky and had posts in the athletic departments at UCLA, Miami (Florida) and Missouri.

This is a developing story. Lettermen Row will have more information when it becomes available.

Boooooooooo

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Hear me out on this one… Jimbo to AD. 

Jimbo would give himself another 80 million dollar contract with full guarantee and then proceed to punch Byrne in the face with his tiny fist.  

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 3

TexAgs in in a bind. 

They want to blame their most recent version of mediocrity and poor decisions on Bjork as a scape goat.

They want to brag that their AD was so great that Ohio State wanted Bjork so they could model their program after A&M's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I am going out on a limb here but I am going to make a prediction. The new AD may be a big name or it may be a person I have never heard of, but no matter who is named, Looch will have a positive tweet about it with the phrase "home-run hire".

"Championships" or "Natty" will be sprinkled in somewhere as well.

Everyone uses the term natty now except boomers here. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Damn. Of all the ADs in the country, tOSU looked at Bjorks "accomplishments" and thought this is the right guy for us. Seriously, I cannot think of anything positive aggy athletics has done in his tenure. And how the fuck does a guy who extended one of the worst contracts in history fail upwards, to tOSU? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

“Few athletics directors have established such an impressive and strong record of success in athletics, in the classroom and throughout the community,” Ohio State president Ted Carter said in a statement. “The bar is incredibly high at Ohio State, and we have found in Ross a highly intelligent and effective leader – not to mention a fierce competitor.”

I think the guy was reading about Texas Athletics and thought he was reading about Texas A&M Athletics. He seems concussed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

COLUMBUS — Ohio State has its new athletic director.

The Buckeyes, and most notably new university president Ted Carter and outgoing athletic director Gene Smith, have found their new leader of the largest athletic department in the country: Ross Bjork will take over when Smith officially retires in June.

Bjork is leaving his post as the athletic director at Texas A&M for the same post at Ohio State.

“I have been extraordinarily blessed to be a product of college athletics as a student-athlete and fortunate to work with so many outstanding student-athletes, coaches, staff and university leaders throughout my career, and Ohio State represents the culmination of these efforts,” Bjork said. “To be a part of Buckeye Nation, along with its storied traditions and long history of achievement, is a tremendous honor and a welcome challenge for me and our family. I can’t wait to get started.”

He will begin on July 1. He has been at Texas A&M since 2019, when he took over that athletic department following an eight-year stint at Ole Miss.

Despite a hit-and-miss career in making coaching hirings for football and men’s basketball, Bjork is known around athletic circles as a good athletic director who can fundraise and has a vision for the future of college athletics. Now he takes over as one of the most powerful people in the college athletics space.

He’ll have a massive responsibility in shaping the next era of Ohio State athletics.

Background on Ohio State athletic director search
Smith announced in August that he would be leaving his post as the Buckeyes athletic director June 30, 2024. The Ohio State brass immediately went into search mode. Of course, they had to hire a president first, and that came in August.

The Ohio State board of trustees appointed Walter “Ted” Carter its next university president. Carter, 64, had been serving as the president of the University of Nebraska system since January 2020.

Carter is replacing former Ohio State president Kristina M. Johnson, who stepped down from her position in May after taking over in August 2020. Carter is due to start his new role at Ohio State on Jan. 1, 2024.

Carter and the top Ohio State power players have now found their top name for the athletic director spot, and it comes from the SEC.

Bjork, who has been the athletic director at Texas A&M since 2019, was at Ole Miss from 2012-2019, where he oversaw football success — and plenty of NCAA involvement because of recruiting violations — from Hugh Freeze. Bjork also promoted offensive line coach Matt Luke to head coach before Luke was fired two years later.

Bjork oversaw the contract extension for now-former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher before Bjork and his athletic department paid a historic $76 million buyout for Fisher after disappointing seasons in College Station. Bjork then made the hire of former Aggies defensive coordinator and Duke coach Mike Elko as the next Texas A&M head coach.

The 51-year-old Bjork has also helped Texas A&M through a great transitionary period of college football in the SEC, as the conference is set to welcome Texas and Oklahoma next year.

Before his time at Texas A&M and Ole Miss, Bjork was the athletic director at Western Kentucky and had posts in the athletic departments at UCLA, Miami (Florida) and Missouri.

This is a developing story. Lettermen Row will have more information when it becomes available.

I mean he always wanted to be at a school where he could be standalone with his own identity now he has it.

Ohio State is the only school in the state worth a shit now lets see how his dream works out for him.

• Haha 1