Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

33 minutes ago, nnm said:

He last coached in 2002.  How much do you think he knows about NIL, coaching contracts?  How much do you think he cares about any sport other than foosball?  He's a fossil and they are doubling down on hurrr durrr texum aggies.  Unbelievable.  

So, you're saying that RC doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse of 2024 culture?

Hmmm... I think Aggie would respond that it's the kids who are wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, Deej said:

He's partially tanned, rested, and ready.

rc_spurrier.jpg

The hat and farmer's tan announce his redassedness. The lei says he’s in tune with multiculturalism. The open hand over his nipple signals he’s down for whatever. And the blue wifebeater tucked into his sans-a-belt acid-washed jorts takes it to 11. 

Edited by nnm
  • Haha 7

Holy fuck hahahahah I went looking for the Dave South 2004 Baylor call and found this

https://footballfoundation.org/sports/general/roster/dave-south/366

With South on the call, the Aggies have claimed seven conference titles, 16 Top 25 finishes and nine wins in 26 bowl appearances.

I knew they fucking sucked in bowls but its always shocking when it is spelled out 9-17 over 32 seasons....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Wasn't it confirmed that Slocum played a big role in Elko getting the job? 

Elko…the guy they didn’t initially hire?  And since he was officially their backup/second public hire, he was probably around 10th or 11th on their list behind Saban, Belichek, Harbaugh, etc…

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I was shocked at just how old he looks and sounds these days....

Listen. We all know Ric Renner is a fucking clown. We all know Ric Renner has always been a fucking clown. And while he looks like he's lost weight faster than a cancer victim (brb, need to google Ric Renner Cancer) while his hair has actually grown in size...I think the most pathetic thing about this video, outside the guest and general premise, is that clown wearing a cheap AF suit while at his home, and conducting this video from...his foyer? You're at home dude, take off the fucking suit. And maybe pick a room to broadcast from with 4 walls.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

It is peak TAMU to have one of the most influential people in their athletic universe be a corch that was fired for lack of success.  Again, the dude was fired by TAMU 22 years ago because he failed.  Now they're putting him in charge (again) of the entire athletic department.  

bold-strategy-dodgeball.gif

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

lol

image.png.62e0a9268d594bdc7674f7202945b87a.png

if you want a laugh he doesn't have an offer from Tennessee, his finalists were Vandy and Duke (took OVs to Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Purdue...and A&M)

Seems like he cares about education. Right up until this recent switch, anyway

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Holy shit do I want to text my aggy BIL and ask him how he feels about RC on a Mobile returning to the helm of the S.S. Aggy just as it approaches the looming 100' tall iceberg. But seeing as how the guy just got out of the hospital after 5 days due to a sudden illness that included him hallucinating, speaking in gibberish, & not being able to recognize family members I don't know if I can do it.

Not because it might be tacky to laugh & could add undue stress to him while still in a delicate recovery stage. But because he just might not be lucid enough to truly appreciate the insanity & hopelessness of this situation.

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

lol

image.png.62e0a9268d594bdc7674f7202945b87a.png

if you want a laugh he doesn't have an offer from Tennessee, his finalists were Vandy and Duke (took OVs to Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Purdue...and A&M)

College is supposed to set you up for life (if possible).

His level is Duke/Vandy.

He had offers of a free ride to either Duke or Vandy.

He had ACCEPTED the offer of a free ride from Duke, and then…

He ditched Duke and jumped at the opportunity of a FREE A&M EDUCATION where he will most likely will not be able to compete either for playing time or at the level of the competition. 

And OLs are supposed to be a smartest position room on the team. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

But seeing as how the guy just got out of the hospital after 5 days due to a sudden illness that included him hallucinating, speaking in gibberish, & not being able to recognize family members

I think you just described R.C. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Serious questions. 

Why are they taking so much bread? Most of their takes probably weren't on any top 20 football programs' radar.

Is it because they don't have money to get the higher profile, better players? I know they are offering, just not landing any. Are their donors really that pissed at throwing away $150M dollars to Jimbo?

Does Elko truly believe that he can win with these dudes? 

Is he just filling the roster with warm bodies hoping to upset a few teams here and there to sell next years HS recruits and portal players that they are building something? If that's the case, he's going to run off all the bread from this class?

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Serious questions. 

Why are they taking so much bread? Most of their takes probably weren't on any top 20 football programs' radar.

Is it because they don't have money to get the higher profile, better players? I know they are offering, just not landing any. Are their donors really that pissed at throwing away $150M dollars to Jimbo?

Does Elko truly believe that he can win with these dudes? 

Is he just filling the roster with warm bodies hoping to upset a few teams here and there to sell next years HS recruits and portal players that they are building something? If that's the case, he's going to run off all the bread from this class?

Their roster has been gutted of its depth. They need warm bodies. Unless whoever they bring in is a bad culture fit (as if such a thing exists there), what is the down side? They are throwing shit against the wall to see if anything sticks. They will find some contributors, strictly from a numbers perspective. I don't blame them one bit for doing this. It's better than doing nothing and having empty scholarship slots.

Or... all these portal guys "get" A&M. No more of those dope smoking 5 star premadonnas who take naps during practice. Now that they have a real coach who knows what discipline looks like and got rid of all the malcontents, he can install a winning culture and wake the sleeping giant. Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Holy shit do I want to text my aggy BIL and ask him how he feels about RC on a Mobile returning to the helm of the S.S. Aggy just as it approaches the looming 100' tall iceberg. But seeing as how the guy just got out of the hospital after 5 days due to a sudden illness that included him hallucinating, speaking in gibberish, & not being able to recognize family members I don't know if I can do it.

Not because it might be tacky to laugh & could add undue stress to him while still in a delicate recovery stage. But because he just might not be lucid enough to truly appreciate the insanity & hopelessness of this situation.

How could you tell he was ill?  I guess the family member thing. 

• Like 1

In one of Bill Parcell's first press conferences after taking the Cowboys job he fielded a question from Ric Renner. He pretty much ignored Renner's question while he was asking it and just started smirking. As soon as Renner was done with the question Parcells immediately asked him "are you one of those soundbite guys?"

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, nnm said:

The hat and farmer's tan announce his redassedness. The lei says he’s in tune with multiculturalism. The open hand over his nipple signals he’s down for whatever. And the blue wifebeater tucked into his sans-a-belt acid-washed jorts takes it to 11. 

Great observations. All I can think of when I look at that photo is back hair.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

2ee95650ae7446211fee6c805021c173.jpg

If she barks once, they drop a bag. If she barks twice, they sign a three star, lunch pail kid. Barks three times, “Uncover!” Barks four times, to the gloryhole they go.  

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

They’ve got a pretty strong, top 10-15 caliber starting 22, just can’t afford to have any injuries or it gets ugly quick.

One of the things that makes the Fisher -> Elko transition so funny is that Fisher brought in big talent.

on3

2016: 17
2017: 14
2018: 14 (Jimbo announced 12/17)
2019: 4
2020: 6
2021: 8
2022: 1

Do they think Elko will produce anything even close to that?
Probably... we're talking about Aggies...

Duke
2019: 48
2020: 57
2021: 54
2022: 57 (Elko announced 12/21)
2023: 60

• Prepare your anus 2