Surly Official 2020 Electoral Map Predictions

Hank Kingsley

46 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

jQ27E

I confess that 2020 has totally given me PTSD and I don't trust anything. Everything I read tells me it's going to be a blowout, but I can't go there, because 2020. I would love to be completely wrong, and Biden wins in a cakewalk, but I'll take whatever win we can get. 

Normally I agree but I think that with the Cubs winning in 2016 then the universe needed to balance out. Now 2020 has been such a godawful terrible fucked up disgusting year that we need a greater rebalance, which hopefully means Biden winning in a blowout should happen. 

The history section of the 270towin site is really a time blackhole.  I just spent an hour looking over 1960 to 2016.

I did know it vaguely, but wouldn't have sworn it under oath that Minnesota hasn't voted R since 72.  I guess the Lutherans are still holding a grudge over Nixon.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Way too much kool aid in this thread with you motherfuckers. 

Not Kool aid for me. I just think Biden has the edge when it comes to non-voters from 2016, which it seems like there will be a fuckton of. But we shall see. For the record, I think a lot of states will be very close - I just think Biden edges in almost all of them. So call it an electoral landslide, somewhat close popular vote.

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Alright, let's do this. Create your map. Make them all dark blue/red (aka "safe") colors. Go to https://www.270towin.com/  Once completed, go to embed your map and copy/paste the URL on to here. 

Here's mine. 

jQ22A

You ducking blew it on Montana broseph- that ain’t happening. You’ve got Ohio and Iowa going different directions- I also don’t believe that happens- whoever wins one wins the other I predict. But I have no idea which way that will be. Fun to my head I say give both to Trump. 
we’ve got the other 48 states in agreement though. 

Plausible. I call that unlikely and I call that the reverse 88- that’s the last time someone got to 400 electoral votes, right?  That’s what an 11 point Biden victory looks like I think. 
That's why I called it a "go big or go home". The only true outlier is Texas and maybe Iowa as we sit today.

I'm saying we are going big blue wave.

9 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

That's why I called it a "go big or go home". The only true outlier is Texas and maybe Iowa as we sit today.

I'm saying we are going big blue wave.

Yeah- that’s why I said plausible but unlikely. That result is way more in play than a Trump win. 

12 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The best I could do to capture our country at the moment is a nice long pencil dick with big ol blue balls

spacer.png

This is absurdist theater, sir. Just fucking absurdity. 

Maine is going to split their EC vote, so it's at least partially blue. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:54 PM, babysdaddy said:

this result would be a disaster for the country.  Too close.  It needs to be a whipping otherwise it is going to be a shit show although on brand for 2020

It would also be the last Nebraska ever split their EV. (I suspect it will be regardless.) 

It was solidly Republican right up until Trump told the olds to die for the economy.
This. Biden hasn't not had a consistent lead since Covid started. Lot of wealthy olds in Florida who don't like being told that they can't see their grandkids or get on a charter jet to the Beau Rivage. Dead horse but FL is more solid than WI and even MI at this point.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The engine is picking up steam. To keep it respectable, trump and the gop need a low voter turnout. They are trying to prevent it but they’re running out of options. I was unsure of where to place Iowa. 

Dd2lk

Since I am apparently unable to figure out how to post my map this is my map except Iowa goes to Biden.

14 hours ago, BradInATX said:
19 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:
It was solidly Republican right up until Trump told the olds to die for the economy.

This. Biden hasn't not had a consistent lead since Covid started. Lot of wealthy olds in Florida who don't like being told that they can't see their grandkids or get on a charter jet to the Beau Rivage. Dead horse but FL is more solid than WI and even MI at this point.

dog-patting-cat.gif

JLawOk.gif as well. I can make a pretty compelling argument that the person telling the wealthy olds to stay home and avoid their kids are all democratic commonists who hate your freedom. The Villages community in Florida would be a pretty outspoken example of rich olds aligning with what I said above as well, and that's a big sample size.

I hope to fuck you're right, but I suspect calling Florida a Biden lock is....GRHorn level sof wrong. 

dog-patting-cat.gif

JLawOk.gif as well. I can make a pretty compelling argument that the person telling the wealthy olds to stay home and avoid their kids are all democratic commonists who hate your freedom. The Villages community in Florida would be a pretty outspoken example of rich olds aligning with what I said above as well, and that's a big sample size.

I hope to fuck you're right, but I suspect calling Florida a Biden lock is....GRHorn level sof wrong. 

I'm not saying it's a lock at all. There will be cheating. I'm saying it's more likely for Biden than WI. There is a timeline where Biden wins without WI but with FL.